Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran (2126 Views)

Indictment On Evolution Theory!!! / Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC / What Are Catholic Perspectives On Evolution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 30, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

And the bold works for OP.

grin grin your opinion bro. Its your opinion against mine
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by DeepSight(m): 12:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
plaetton:

Did you not state in another thread that you thought the bible was a book that contained great truths and wisdom?

Yes I did, and yes it does.

What truth and what wisdom if the very critical knowledge of origin is omitted?

It is not omitted. It states that in the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth. Genesis 1 is it's statement on Origin. And it also describes that same God as eternal and uncreated, as the beginning and the end. You are free to disagree with its answer, but you cannot claim that it did not give its answer.

And also, God did not need technical explanations to convey the knowledge of origin if he wanted to pass it on.
In the ancient books of Egypt, Summer and Babylon, much astronomical, scientific and cosmological knowledge was transmitted via passion plays, songs, poetry, pictograms and religious symbolism.

Exactly, and the scriptures are chuck full of these.

The story of the Garden of Eden is one such story which someone like you may never understand. People with more open minds and deeper perspective understand that it communicates the departure of the spirit of man (fall) from its spiritual home for experience in the world of matter.

So , once again sir, your attempt to defend god's shortcomings have failed.

You know very well that I do not subscribe to the specific ontology of God as conveyed in the bible in entirety, so you should be aware that I never set out to defend that. If you were older on this forum, you would have known me as a rabid anti-bible-god critic and relentless Yahweh-basher. I make these statements here out of simple reason and logic, where I see atheists going over board and becoming fundamentalist radicals with no good sense - such as demanding why the bible does not discuss quantum physics!
Re: On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran by DeepSight(m): 12:57pm On Dec 30, 2013
FOLYKAZE: @ Rationalmind

Did you find description of sex position and styles p&m had that lead to your pregnancy the last time you checked your birth certificate or did you find any explanation that described how you won the race among other sperm cell inside 'Pman P'? (sorry if this is embarassing).

Somethings are not rational when talked about considering moment and person. There is no word that can move me in some occassions. And there are somethings I cant reveal considering the person intellect and mindset. It really irrational to ask for QM from the buble. It like searching for chemical components in finance textbook. To be sincere with you, this thread is completetly display of dishonesty.

I am an atheist and embrace logical reasoning but not and never stupidity. Give me water so that I satisfied my thirst and not stories of molecules contained in water.........if you understand this, you would see where am pointing at.

[size=16pt]GBAM! ! ![/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

_A / SERMON JOTTERS: Tragedy Of Wasted Opportunities / How Mohammed Received His "Revealations" From Islamic Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.