Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Chinas Gift To African Union - Shame On Africa! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinas Gift To African Union - Shame On Africa! (1434 Views)

African Union Taps Buhari To Lead Anti-corruption Fight In Africa. / Ambode Presents Gift To Fashola At Law Dinner (Photos) / Buhari To African Leaders: My Efforts To Stop Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinas Gift To African Union - Shame On Africa! by BigBashiru: 9:46am On Dec 29, 2013
House of commons in UK was home built
EU headquarters in Brussels was home built.
White House was home built.

Only in Africa did not only the Governments accept a $200 million gift but also had an entirely foreign country build its AU headquarters with 90% chinese labor.

What is seriously wrong with this continent. Good for nothing?
Re: Chinas Gift To African Union - Shame On Africa! by ilibrarian(m): 9:48am On Dec 29, 2013
Poverty!
Re: Chinas Gift To African Union - Shame On Africa! by yelnatsuno(m): 10:33am On Dec 29, 2013
This is why we would continually remain small.
Re: Chinas Gift To African Union - Shame On Africa! by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 29, 2013
All they have is dirty pride; they loot their people's money and use the same money to oppress them. That's all they know.

They are heartless and silly.
Re: Chinas Gift To African Union - Shame On Africa! by mickyarams: 10:54am On Dec 29, 2013
Africans only consume, all they do is go to church and expect God to come down and do for them what they are supposed to do themselves. How an you explain people living in poverty in the midst of plenty.

1 Like

Re: Chinas Gift To African Union - Shame On Africa! by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 29, 2013
I Love Africa!!
Re: Chinas Gift To African Union - Shame On Africa! by IGBOSON1: 12:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
It's the result of lack of pride in ones self, race and continent!

You wouldn't be far off mark if you say the black man is yet to move with the rest of the human race into the modern era, is shameless, and is primarily concerned with insane, primitive and avaricious accumulation of wealth just for him and his immediate family while the rest of his country can go to blazes!

With all the resources, ex-thieving heads of state, and billionaires we have on the continent, we still had to go cap-in-hand to China to help us build our secretariat, yet we claim to be an independent continent!? Nothing goes for nothing, and you better believe that China will recoup their 'investment' a hundred times over!
Re: Chinas Gift To African Union - Shame On Africa! by shigoslim(m): 1:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
Until Nigeria get it right is then the rest Africa countries get it right.

Africa we remain where she is today because Nigeria has not get it right. That is why i want to see Nigeria as a one nation and unity country, by doing these infact we are set to reach the peaks. Is nt too late for me and you to change the direction by allowing the best to leads this country without tribal and religion sentiment.

I always surprise when people keep saying corruption has dig Africa and Nigeria into pit. To me the case of corruption in Nigeria and Africa continent can be eradicate psychologically from grass root to top level, through the public enlighten and mass orientation.

Parent we do alot and the youth to eliminate corruption both physically and spiritually.

2 Likes

Re: Chinas Gift To African Union - Shame On Africa! by Skinni10ne: 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
Shame.

Just who are these ppl in the govt? Have they no shame? Wheres the pride? the so called black mans pride? Its no use when dealing with non-africans?

I cant believe its 2014.
Im beginning to lose hope.
Re: Chinas Gift To African Union - Shame On Africa! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
This is why Africa would continue to be a joke in the eyes of the world.
Re: Chinas Gift To African Union - Shame On Africa! by ikeyman00(m): 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
@@@

prepare for coming of Biafra

it can get worse

the dark world need to be restore
Re: Chinas Gift To African Union - Shame On Africa! by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 29, 2013
KingMEXX: This is why Africa would continue to be a joke in the eyes of the world.

Oh please spare us all this nonsense, you and your sanctimonious ilk. Even if the AU building had been built by Africans with African money, would any of you notice it or even know it exists? The only reason you know or care about the ''AU building'' is because you heard the Chinese were involved in it, so that's just another opportunity to engage in your habitual self loathing and Africa bashing. To hell with you all!!! Emergency Pan-Africanists!!!

Was it not the other day we were discussing African political unification, and the majority of you came up with all sorts of excuses why it could not work. So why are you complaining? Afterall when you refuse to unite, a stranger will come into your midst and play big dog. So why are you complaining? Idiots!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Chinas Gift To African Union - Shame On Africa! by omenka(m): 2:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
God only knows what number microphones, cameras, and perhaps even bombs, would be hidden in the walls of the building. Such gifts constitute threat to homeland security but I believe our leaders only consider the financial propriety of such projects.

Until we rise above this beggerly attitude of ours as a continent and do things ourselves for ourselves, the West and Asia will continually look down on us as a sub-human race.
Re: Chinas Gift To African Union - Shame On Africa! by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
omenka: God only knows what number microphones, cameras, and perhaps even bombs, would be hidden in the walls of the building. Such gifts constitute threat to homeland security but I believe our leaders only consider the financial propriety of such projects.

Until we rise above this beggerly attitude of ours as a continent and do things ourselves for ourselves, the West and Asia will continually look down on us as a sub-human race.

Even waking up and breathing makes YOU feel sub-human. It is JUST a building. And it was a Gift. Get over it. And no, there are no ''bombs'' and microphones ''hidden'' in the edifice as the thousands of Africans involved in it's construction will tell you for free!!!

And even if it was not Chinese-funded, would it still not have been the Chinese or some foreign contractors that would have still built the edifice? What would have stopped them from sabotaging the building if that's what they wanted to do regardless of who provided the funding? Nothing!

Much ado about nothing!!!
Re: Chinas Gift To African Union - Shame On Africa! by Skinni10ne: 3:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Oh please spare us all this nonsense, you and your sanctimonious ilk. Even if the AU building had been built by Africans with African money, would any of you notice it or even know it exists? The only reason you know or care about the ''AU building'' is because you heard the Chinese were involved in it, so that's just another opportunity to engage in your habitual self [b]loathing and Africa bashing. To hell with you all!!! Emergency Pan-Africanists!!!

Was it not the other day we were discussing African political unification, and the majority of you came up with all sorts of excuses why it could not work. So why are you complaining? Afterall when you refuse to unite, a stranger will come into your midst and play big dog. So why are you complaining? Idiots!!!!!

You just dont come to a thread and insult ppl u dont know for absolutely no reason. are the ppl who were arguing on whatever thread u mentioned the only ppl on NL? Although i agree that there are emergency pan africanists, the way you went about it is just ridiculous. Youre no better. Shame.

And no it is not just a building. Just like money is not just paper.
Re: Chinas Gift To African Union - Shame On Africa! by abokinside: 3:55pm On Dec 29, 2013
This is what col Gaddafi fought against but african leaders preferred to loot thier people's money and take same to their slave masters in the west.

1 Like

Re: Chinas Gift To African Union - Shame On Africa! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Oh please spare us all this nonsense, you and your sanctimonious ilk. Even if the AU building had been built by Africans with African money, would any of you notice it or even know it exists? The only reason you know or care about the ''AU building'' is because you heard the Chinese were involved in it, so that's just another opportunity to engage in your habitual self loathing and Africa bashing. To hell with you all!!! Emergency Pan-Africanists!!!

Listen freak, Am a proud African who believes so much in its motherland. When I say things I have a reason. Africa is a disgrace to the world. We are blessed with lots of goodies and by goodies I mean natural resources and minerals but look at where we are.
Mr. pan Africanist, what have yu in your little way contributed to the growth of our region? Open the news channels and all yu hear is wars. Its a failed continent with corrupt psychos as leaders stealing and brainwashing the people.
If yu can't talk without insulting, then don't ever in your life quote me. angry

(1) (Reply)

Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha / The Pale Horseman / Militants Take Over Govt Ministries In Libya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.