Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,778 members, 7,955,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:13 PM

Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha (1450 Views)

I’m Afraid Saraki May Impeach Me – Buhari / Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha / PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by atlwireles: 12:28am On Jul 28, 2014
By Chidi Nkwopara
OWERRI—Barring any unforeseen circumstances, Imo lawmakers may commence impeachment proceedings against Governor Rochas Okorocha next Thursday, if he fails to clear their outstanding salaries and allowances which he had allegedly withheld since 2011, among other grievances.
Vanguard had earlier reported that the lawmakers are particularly irked that despite spirited attempt to make Okorocha clear the bill, he had failed to do the needful.
A close aide of one of the lawmakers confirmed that before the current threat, the lawmakers had been having series of meetings on how to make Okorocha pay them their salary arrears, adding that the build up was concluded Friday, July 25, 2014.
The lawmakers are said to have vowed not to accept any payment which is not inform of cash, adding that “if the speaker stands in the way, he would be bulldozed along with the governor.”
When anxious journalists contacted the Senior Special Assistant, SSA, to the Governor on Media, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo, he dismissed the allegation, saying Okorocha had a good relationship with members of the state assembly.
“There is no iota of truth that such a thing was in the offing. You can verify from the assembly members.
“The state government has a good working relationship with them and I don’t think anybody is plotting any impeachment. How can they impeach a governor who is performing. It’s not true my brother,” he said.
Reacting also, the House Committee Chairman on Information, Mr. Acho Ihim, dismissed the alleged impeachment plot, describing it as “baseless and malicious”.
Ihim, however, confirmed the disparity in the salary of the current lawmakers and the former ones, adding that “during the last administration of Chief Ikedi Ohakim, the House took a loan and it was deducted monthly from the salary of the lawmakers so when we came in, the Clerk of the House was changed and the new one who was ignorant of any such deductions, started paying with the records he met on ground.
“When it was discovered, we quickly wrote the governor who promised to reverse to the constitutional rate and he has started doing that.
“For instance, we were paid normal salary for the month of June. The governor is ready to pay, all he is asking for is a little time because the money is much. It is about N18 million per lawmaker,” Ihim explained.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/unpaid-salary-lawmakers-may-impeach-okorocha/#sthash.5NiUxBo4.dpuf
Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by EbiJUNIRO(m): 12:45am On Jul 28, 2014
e no fit happem!!
Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by Descartes: 12:49am On Jul 28, 2014
This might be a nail in the coffin of the supporter of APC party shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by lonelydora: 12:58am On Jul 28, 2014
Impeachment is the reigning thing now.
Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by fingard02k(m): 1:11am On Jul 28, 2014
best news from imo state

impeach the mofo

3 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by ibkgab001: 1:34am On Jul 28, 2014
imagine the old palm wine tapper never paid salary of workers and he was busy riding ram bicycle yesterday....APC odaran
Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by tit(f): 1:43am On Jul 28, 2014
atlwireles: By Chidi Nkwopara
OWERRI—
Ihim, however, confirmed the disparity in the salary of the current lawmakers and the former ones, adding that “during the last administration of Chief Ikedi Ohakim, the House took a loan and it was deducted monthly from the salary of the lawmakers so when we came in, the Clerk of the House was changed and the new one who was ignorant of any such deductions, started paying with the records he met on ground.
“When it was discovered, we quickly wrote the governor who promised to reverse to the constitutional rate and he has started doing that.
“For instance, we were paid normal salary for the month of June. The governor is ready to pay, all he is asking for is a little time because the money is much. It is about N18 million per lawmaker,” Ihim explained.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/unpaid-salary-lawmakers-may-impeach-okorocha/#sthash.5NiUxBo4.dpuf

Better pay up fast
or start looking for a new job.
Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by thunderrider: 2:01am On Jul 28, 2014
I thought the lawmakers were fighting for the masses

only to discover it is for their pockets

OP kindly change the heading to reflect that the unpaid money

is for the law makers and not the civil servants

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by lakpalakpa: 2:13am On Jul 28, 2014
thunderrider: I thought the lawmakers were fighting for the masses

Wetin concern agbero and overload?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 3:39am On Jul 28, 2014
Took too long.
Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by VICTORCIZA(m): 7:35am On Jul 28, 2014
rochas is a disgrace
Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by etebefia: 9:07am On Jul 28, 2014
why owe people for service rendered? that should be a criminal offense, meanwhile is it enough for impeachment?
Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by size38: 10:24am On Jul 28, 2014
With all these Impeachment thing going on in all opposition states makes me conclude that PDP is responsible for the whole crisis in Nigeria today. That was how they started and funded Militants in the Niger Delta, Boko Haram in the North. Today, the evil of PDP is fast shifting to South East just for the reason of not wanting to see any opposition party exist in Nigeria. By the time PDP has succeeded in making Nigeria a one party state, we will be slaves in our own country where we won't have choices to make anymore. Political leaders will turn EMPERIORS and FEUDAL LORDS where no one will dare challenge their decisions anymore. By then, are all slaves.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by cyril83(m): 10:26am On Jul 28, 2014
thunderrider: I thought the lawmakers were fighting for the masses

Masses ke ?

Nyako was impeached because of lawmakers constituency allowance and immediately the greedy speaker became the executive governor, he had to pay 120 millionn to each lawmakers of 24 constituency in a state where citizens are wallowing in abject poverty and also instructed all local government chairmen to defect to pdp.

That's the will of the otueke product and the pot belle of bauchi.
Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by cyril83(m): 10:30am On Jul 28, 2014
etebefia: why owe people for service rendered? that should be a criminal offense, meanwhile is it enough for impeachment?

Such is happening in a state where interest of the people is the priority.
Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by cyril83(m): 10:36am On Jul 28, 2014
size38: With all these Impeachment thing going on in all opposition states makes me conclude that PDP is responsible for the whole crisis in Nigeria today. That was how they started and funded Militants in the Niger Delta, Boko Haram in the North. Today, the evil of PDP is fast shifting to South East just for the reason of not wanting to see any opposition party exist in Nigeria. By the time PDP has succeeded in making Nigeria a one party state, we will be slaves in our own country where we won't have choices to make anymore. Political leaders will turn EMPERIORS and FEUDAL LORDS where no one will dare challenge their decisions anymore. By then, are all slaves.

That is exactly what some poor gullible Nigerians wouldn't realise, sentiment and hate had successfully eaten up their brain.
Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by cyril83(m): 10:42am On Jul 28, 2014
VICTORCIZA: rochas is a disgrace

How is rochas a disgrace ?

Victor i really want us to discuss on this issue of pdp and oppositions, is it that you personally don't want any opposition or what exactly is the problem ?
Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by thunderrider: 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2014
cyril83:

Masses ke ?

Nyako was impeached because of lawmakers constituency allowance and immediately the greedy speaker became the executive governor, he had to pay 120 millionn to each lawmakers of 24 constituency in a state where citizens are wallowing in abject poverty and also instructed all local government chairmen to defect to pdp.

That's the will of the otueke product and the pot belle of bauchi.

CHAI

120 million just like that

Walahi

DIARIS GOD OOO

All this money you are sharing
Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by meforyou1(m): 6:55pm On Jul 28, 2014
EbiJUNIRO: e no fit happem!!
same thing u said in adamawa, and now in nassarawa. It will happen. Okorocha will be impeached, short and simple
Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by Clerverly: 7:29pm On Jul 28, 2014
meforyou1: same thing u said in adamawa, and now in nassarawa. It will happen. Okorocha will be impeached, short and simple

Brainless idiotu!
Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by akumada1: 7:39pm On Jul 28, 2014
Another supporter of APC on brink
Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by meforyou1(m): 7:39pm On Jul 28, 2014
Clerverly:

Brainless idiotu!
that's your papa
Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 28, 2014
This can only come from the Vanguard.
Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by chimerase2: 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2014
Enuf problem nw in ma state cry
Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by meforyou1(m): 8:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
VICTORCIZA: rochas is a disgrace
Rochas Okorocha is a disgrace and a fraud of international magnitude. The whole of an extremely big town of arondizuogu in imo state where I come from has no road, water, light or any single infrastructure. Went home in may for an occasion, the roads turned my car upside down. Took me hundreds of thousands of naira when I got back to abuja to fix a car that did not have any problem before I went home.
Travelled to ph with same car in June to ph, but when coming back, made the mistake of going through PH-Owerri Rd. Smooth expressway from the ph end and then hell from the 'welcome to imo state' end.
Okigwe-Owerri Rd is equally in a disaster.
So where then in hell is the performance Rochas is performing?
Before Abagworo or the cotton trader berem aka obiagelli will come and start ranting of federal roads, let me tell u, successive govts in anambra, rivers and akwa ibom reconstructed the federal roads in their states. The okigwe-onitsha federal road is good up to uga in anambra state. And also good in akokwa imo state, but just stopped completely at the boundary btw akokwa and arondizuogu. And okigwe-owerri Rd that is in a state of disrepair is wholly a state road.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salary: Lawmakers May Impeach Okorocha by meforyou1(m): 8:04pm On Jul 28, 2014
OlaJohnson1: This can only come from the Vanguard.
doesn't have anything to do with vanguard, it's d reality on d ground

(1) (Reply)

View These Pictures And Drop A Comment / Ex-Bayelsa State Governor Alameyeseigha Has Joined Bayelsa Central Senate Race. / Kwara: Jonathan’s Wife Donates 16-trailer Loads Of Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.