Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,243 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Am I A Deist? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I A Deist? (2611 Views)

My Experience As A Deist / My Mum Is Threatening To Disown Me Because I Am A Deist / God’s Existence: The Deist Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I A Deist? by skyscraperTM(m): 7:27am On Dec 30, 2013
shinechinedu: Imagine ID cabassa a pastor
Or Eucharia Anunobi a bishop!

1 Like

Re: Am I A Deist? by skyscraperTM(m): 7:28am On Dec 30, 2013
fredx4:

He's on his way to hellfire.
Judge not.
Re: Am I A Deist? by skyscraperTM(m): 7:28am On Dec 30, 2013
Logicboy03: You are a religious deist?
Still trying to figure out the perfect word for it.
Re: Am I A Deist? by fredx4(m): 7:31am On Dec 30, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
Judge not.
Am not judging you bro. Just warning you.
Re: Am I A Deist? by fredx4(m): 7:32am On Dec 30, 2013
Logicboy03:

What? And catholics preach the word of Satan??

What is this one saying? Your pentecostal churches that preach money money money
The truth is bitter
Re: Am I A Deist? by skyscraperTM(m): 7:34am On Dec 30, 2013
fredx4:
Am not judging you bro. Just warning you.
So anyone who doesn't go to church will end up in hell fire, is that what you're saying?
Re: Am I A Deist? by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 30, 2013
fredx4:
The truth is bitter

That is if you're telling the truth undecided
Re: Am I A Deist? by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 30, 2013
aManFromMars: You are a Frosbelian. undecided

grin

LoooooL.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Am I A Deist? by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 30, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
I agree with your point to a great extent but it still boils down to going to church. Hypocrisy in the church was one the things Men of God preached against in the bible, so when the pastor and other ministers of a church do not live according to what they preach, then what is now the fate of a member? Isn't it the same as not going to church in the first place?

Personally, I won't mind going to church to showcase my dress, to chyke babes or to have fun in general but in the end I'll be fooling myself becaues none of these would help me after-death.

Christianity has gone to the dogs. These days everyone is a pastor, four different people who came to work in my dad's house were claiming to be pastors and they didn't even have a church. One was a carpenter, another was a tiles-man, another was a bricklayer and the last was a painter. This got me wondering, Did God actually called these people?

I'm not even talking about popular pastors buying private jets and exotic cars with offerings. To defend paying of offering and tithes, they'll say the bible said: Give to Ceaser what belonged to Ceaser but the bible didn't made mention of Money.

The other day, there was a thread on frontpage where a lady complained that the wife of her pastor asked her not to address her husband as 'pastor' but 'daddy.' It find it quite funny becaues I can't call my pastor daddy when he is not my father. I could totally relate to her story because most people worship their pastors instead of thier God, one of those people happens to be my mother.

There is a particular church she usually goes apart from the ones my family members attend, she always call the pastor 'daddy' and she is older than him. When anybody has a problem and comes across my mom she'll just suggest they go to that church to see "DADDY" and then there problem will be over.

She also called her jobless brother, my uncle who has been searching for a job to come all the way from Ibadan to come see "DADDY" and he'll definately have a job. It's sometimes annoying because she always says it with a tone of finality, and my uncle is not the only person my mom has taken to that church.

These whole thing is ringing in my head and It's driving me crazy, I refused to be dogmatic and I refused to be gullible.

I'm a christian but I don't like going to church.

You are on your way to seeing the light bruuh.
Those are the first symptoms, more questions would emerge later. Questions you would seek answers , Questions religion wouldn't give you a perfect answer to.
Re: Am I A Deist? by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 30, 2013
ooman: You are on your way to becoming reasonable.

Same thing I thought.
Re: Am I A Deist? by AVmonster: 7:56am On Dec 30, 2013
You're still a just Christian.. You still believe people of other religions will go to hell and good Christians who believe in Jesus will go to heaven.. You're a bit different though.. So I'll call you a new-age Christian..
Re: Am I A Deist? by fredx4(m): 8:15am On Dec 30, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
So anyone who doesn't go to church will end up in hell fire, is that what you're saying?

Just be careful.
Re: Am I A Deist? by skyscraperTM(m): 8:46am On Dec 30, 2013
fredx4:

Just be careful.
You didn't answer the question though.
Re: Am I A Deist? by Andyblaze: 8:50am On Dec 30, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
Hahahaha... You coined that work from your name, innit? So, you also don't like going to church.

I get forced to a lot of times angry angry
Re: Am I A Deist? by ManhunterTM(m): 9:12am On Dec 30, 2013
@op, do you still believe absolutely everything in the bible?
talking donkeys, Jonah in the belly of a fish et al?
Re: Am I A Deist? by skyscraperTM(m): 9:30am On Dec 30, 2013
Manhunter™:
@op, do you still believe absolutely everything in the bible?
talking donkeys, Jonah in the belly of a fish et al?
I cannot categorically say if I believe those tales or not but know that those things happened many years ago when science and technology were not present to prove evidence. The bible recorded that Jesus fed five thousand people with five loaves of bread and two fishes, the same bible recorded the aforementioned, and if you believe the formal then you have to choice but to also believe the latter.

Some people said it wasen't a fish that swallowed Jonah but a whale, but either way it could be that the event never happened. Perhaps, God was using that story as an allegory/imagery to convey a message, same way Jesus told the story of The good samaritan.
Re: Am I A Deist? by skyscraperTM(m): 9:30am On Dec 30, 2013
Andyblaze:

I get forced to a lot of times angry angry
same here.
Re: Am I A Deist? by fredx4(m): 9:35am On Dec 30, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
I cannot categorically say if I believe those tales or not but know that those things happened many years ago when science and technology were not present to prove evidence. The bible recorded that Jesus fed five thousand people with five loaves of bread and two fishes, the same bible recorded the aforementioned, and if you believe the formal then you have to choice but to also believe the latter.

Some people said it wasen't a fish that swallowed Jonah but a whale, but either way it could be that the event never happened. Perhaps, God was using that story as an allegory/imagery to convey a message, same way Jesus told the story of The good samaritan.

Can you now see what I was saying, if you are too far from the church, where you are taught the word of God, various ideologies will start creeping into your life. And before you know what is happening, you are already in hell fire
Re: Am I A Deist? by shinechinedu(m): 9:37am On Dec 30, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:

. grin
sкчscrαρεr™:

. Those are the fables in the bible
Re: Am I A Deist? by shinechinedu(m): 9:40am On Dec 30, 2013
fredx4:

Can you now see what I was saying, if you are too far from the church, where you are taught the word of God, various ideologies will start creeping into your life. And before you know what is happening, you are already in hell fire
dude can you stop it already!!!! Ur claims lack logic! It is ur very type that believes that Muslims, bhudists etc are going to hell because they are not Christians! When you want to talk, u talk like a good philosopher and back it up with reasons! I won't be surprised if sometime in the future u are ordained pastor! And then u start blabbing out all these nonsense to ur congregation
Re: Am I A Deist? by ManhunterTM(m): 9:47am On Dec 30, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:

Then, you are still a Christian. You should realise that the church is not just the building but the people. Instead of giving up and going it alone, why don't you try to preach to the hypocritical ones.
Re: Am I A Deist? by fredx4(m): 9:48am On Dec 30, 2013
shinechinedu: dude can you stop it already!!!! Ur claims lack logic! It is ur very type that believes that Muslims, bhudists etc are going to hell because they are not Christians! When you want to talk, u talk like a good philosopher and back it up with reasons! I won't be surprised if sometime in the future u are ordained pastor! And then u start blabbing out all these nonsense to ur congregation

So where are muslims and bhudists going to if they are not going to hell?

Or are you saying the spiritual world does not exist.
Re: Am I A Deist? by ManhunterTM(m): 9:55am On Dec 30, 2013
fredx4:

Hahaha, hell fire go full be that. Even some hypocritical Christians go join for hell fire. Heaven's population would be Jesus, his father, a few Christians and some angels. Why God come even bother to create so many people?
Re: Am I A Deist? by shinechinedu(m): 9:55am On Dec 30, 2013
fredx4:

. I'm not an atheist and I believe in the supernatural! I think you should learn more to respect other peoples believe! I seriously believe u are underinformed! Just like Mandela would say, people are thought to love thesame way they are thought to hate! You my friend have been thought everything you believe and it wasn't ur teachers that thought me or others worldwide so pls learn to respect what others believe and stick to what works for you
Re: Am I A Deist? by Ranchhoddas: 10:18am On Dec 30, 2013
fredx4:

i guess your ancestors are already in hell too. ..or were they christians?

3 Likes

Re: Am I A Deist? by skyscraperTM(m): 10:47am On Dec 30, 2013
fredx4:

I agree to disagree with you, I have a female friend who happens to be a muslim, she doesn't go to church but she knows the bible more than myself, or so I say. The church is not the only place one can learn the word of God, Christian religion studies is taught in primary, secondary school and also in the university.

Even a babalawo who had not been into the four-walls of a church can quote the bible more then some pastors.
Re: Am I A Deist? by fredx4(m): 10:50am On Dec 30, 2013
Manhunter™:
Hahaha, hell fire go full be that. Even some hypocritical Christians go join for hell fire. Heaven's population would be Jesus, his father, a few Christians and some angels. Why God come even bother to create so many people?

So you think hell fire won't be full? Or do you think all christians will go to heaven?
Re: Am I A Deist? by fredx4(m): 10:51am On Dec 30, 2013
Ranchhoddas: i guess your ancestors are already in hell too. ..or were they christians?

Worry about yourself. Do you think they are automatically in heaven?
Re: Am I A Deist? by whatofyou: 10:57am On Dec 30, 2013
Nwoke, you is a Pharisee- and it ain't good for you! Try and serve God with your best but know when to give up on things you cannot change. Nobody is perfect.
Re: Am I A Deist? by fredx4(m): 10:59am On Dec 30, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
I agree to disagree with you, I have a female friend who happens to be a muslim, she doesn't go to church but she knows the bible more than myself, or so I say. The church is not the only place one can learn the word of God, Christian religion studies is taught in primary, secondary school and also in the university.

Even a babalawo who had not been into the four-walls of a church can quote the bible more then some pastors.

Christianity is not all about cramming scriptures. The bible said "the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life". Being able to quote scriptures, is different from understanding them. If your muslim friend truelly understands the bible, then she would have converted to christianity. Fellowshipping with other believers helps to strengthen your faith and help you grow spiritually. It also gives you the opportunity to work in the vineyard of God.
Re: Am I A Deist? by onetrack(m): 11:00am On Dec 30, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:

I am an atheist, but you sound like you would fit into a unitarian universalist church, based on people I know who have attended, though they aren't really in agreement with the idea of hell.
Re: Am I A Deist? by skyscraperTM(m): 11:02am On Dec 30, 2013
Manhunter™:
Then, you are still a Christian. You should realise that the church is not just the building but the people. Instead of giving up and going it alone, why don't you try to preach to the hypocritical ones.
Let it be noted than I'am not a saint, neither am I perfect. I just happen to belong to the school-of-thought which said: If you don't know people's reasons, don't judge their decisions.

A life that is worth living is worth living well, this is the 21st century and I believe people who want to be good will be good, those who want to be bad will be bad, and no matter the amount of preaching you tell them, nothing is going to changed.

Everyone know what they're in for before they make a decision, they just don't know whether it's going to favour them or work against them. Those who do evil know that they're going to end up in hell, yet they prefer to continue living that lifestyle knowing that they're going to perish for enternty instead of suffering on earth.

That's their decision, and nobody can change that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

God Is Wicked And Over-rated / Happy Birthday To Joagbaje. / Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.