Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,530 members, 7,954,991 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:47 PM

Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS (21556 Views)

Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 30, 2013
Decryptor:

Introducing the QR X350 GPS Phantom GoPro RC Drone

Walkera QR X350 GPS Phantom GoPro General Overview

Mindblowing is the word. Walkera is getting serious this time as they try to take on the famous DJI phantom. If you are looking for a GoPro Quadcopter as cool as the Phantom but slightly lower budget, the Walkera QR X350 would be recommended. In fact, the Walkera QR X350 has lots of amazing features that are new and innovative. It is apparent that Walkera has spent a great deal on R&grin to create this sensational Quadcopter. Let's find out more about its features and specifications below.

Features

With GPS Auto Pilot Function, your helicopter will never get lost. With the assistance of GPS, the Walkera QR X350 is fully capable of returning to its starting point by itself. Remember those times where you are afraid of flying your favorite RC model too far because they might be out of sight and eventually fall into the jungle? Well fear no more with the QR X350 GPS system.
So how do you activate this awesome GPS home returning function? With what Walkera describes as "One key to go home", simply hit the radio switch and the QR X350 will return and land by itself, as easy as that.
Superb hovering function. To elaborate, it means that the QR X350 has an enhanced altitude sensor which adopts the GPS technology to find out the exact location of the model, this allows the QR X350 to hover without changing at a very precise coordinates on earth, very impressive indeed.
In case of emergency, the QR X350 also has a built-in fail safe detection which returns to starting point and land safely without any damage. This is an add-on to the GPS auto pilot function.
As its name suggests, the QR X350 is compatible for GoPro camera recording. The Walkera QR X350 has an anti-vibration camera mount which allows you to take beautiful pictures and videos with minimal distortions from movements. Note that the GoPro camera is excluded from the packages. The FPV package includes a DV04 camera.
Fly the Walkera QR X350 on your iPad/ iPhone. With the Wifi module, you can control the movements and view the flight on your apple devices.
Flight time of up to 15 minutes with a 11.1v 2200mAh Li-po battery.

Specifications

Main Rotor Diameter : 556mm
Main Rotor Blade Length: 206mm
Main Motor: WK-WS-28-008A
Battery: 11.1V 2200mAh 25C LiPo
Length: 289mm
Width:: 289mm
Height: 180mm
Approximate Flight Time: 10-15 minutes
Number of Channels: 5 channels and above
Rotor Type: Quadcopter
Recommended Environment: Outdoor

Source: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1976965

So with the above write-up, one can conclude that that is no US drone. The flight time is just a mere 10-15mins meaning that is was flown by someone around the neighborhood. The person did not just want to own up for fear of the unknown. Ibadan people should "wake up"

Ogbeni ooh! With the destruction in Oba's palace, which right thinking individual will lay claim to that toy and probably be forced to re-roof Oba's house with aluminium cladding?
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by geeez: 12:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
moscobabs: nawa for this ibadan pple sef, they too local

This level of naivety is understandable

My son has a toy remote controlled helicopter but how many Nigerians have seen such a thing before. Less than 10%

But how do you,explain grown men and women making an aspirin out of a river or people cheaply believing that a guber candidate from their state has suddenly become a Yorubaman because of the party he's contesting on. Or how do you explain people gathering to support a corrupt official because she is from their tribe

1 Like

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by spenca: 12:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
maxtamazin:

What is ur point? There a thousands of drone application. The US govt dont need to spy on us, that is not necessary and again it could be a mapping drone, weather drone,surveillance drone. People thinks drone is all about spying, war....there are other application. Amazon is planning to use drone for parcel delivery, this could be for anything other than spying.

Please help me enlighten these people especially MDMA
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by dgysoft(m): 12:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
Believe me the most backward set of people in Nigeria are the Ibadans, imagine some thing we have been seeing in foreign film for the past 10 years turn to be a drone in Ibadan Oyo(beggar) State. Chai Oyo wake up! buy toys and stop witchcraft and mancraft. see what you have done to yourself now. International embarrassment. Don't worry when US come I will take them to Ibadan the will produce the drone.
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 30, 2013
tellwisdom: Mumu people...Something wey dem go use hand break throway inside dustbin.. na em dey cause rumbling for the whole country. #PeopleFoolish angry

Hahahahahahahagrin
Honestly Tellwisdom, I want to ban you for this comment, choose a date for your un-banninggrin

1 Like

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by jude33084(m): 12:59pm On Dec 30, 2013
Omo_Tier1: If the TRIBUNE NEWPAPER has any sense, they ought to publish an apology to Nigerians for their misleading reportage on this issue. I know they will not because they are PDP propaganda arm in the Southern Nigeria.

What do you expect? A scientifically dead news paper from a more scientifically dead country? angry

A country that allows an insurgent to take over its airforce base in Borno while the presidenet and the members of House of Assembly are busy fighting for 2015 election undecided
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 30, 2013
Choi! see comments from ignorant Nairalanders.

Later these same youth of today will become leaders tomorrow. I finally give up on Nigeria.
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by nathandrake(m): 1:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
cotzywitzy: Nigerians why u dey fall my hand....that battery can't even get that toy you call drone from Lagos to ondo talkless of USA to Nigeria abegi person wey get toy con carry ur toy joor... u will see that thing on China online store

Why you dey think with your yansh, what if the drone was deploy right here in Nigeria. Stop thinking like person wey live for dafur region
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by jude33084(m): 1:05pm On Dec 30, 2013
otipoju: I am not a conspiracy theorist but anyone believing that its a toy is simply naïve.

First, that picture that I saw on the other thread aint a toy. When I saw a bottle of already used aboniki balm under the device, I knew it was real.

Second,from time immemorial there is always the real version of events and the official statement given to the public.

Having said that I feel that the US has every right to do what it deems necessary to protect its self and citizens from boko haram threats.

Come to think of it the Boko guys saying they will attack USA, do you think they really mean that they will go from Nigeria to blow up texas or new york? For now they I do not think they have the sophistication to carry out their evil thoughts and hence US buildings and interests in Nigeria are more realistic targets and will have the same impact maybe fewer casualties but it will still cause a worldwide stir when it hits the news!!!

Policing in lagos is tighter and ibadan may not be as effecient and so the group may have already have sleeping cells or intend to grow some that can be activated in ibadan with the intent to attack the embassy or US interest in Lagos and so any security conscious govt will watch ibadan closely.

I have no iota of evidence to back my speculations and may be hysterical or prolly watched too much Hollywood movies, but I know that good will always triumph over evil and I wish the US and Nigerian goverment all the best in their fight against terrorism.

May God protect your soldiers who risk their lives day in day out so that we can sleep in peace on our beds and take our children and girlfriends to watch movies without being blown up. On our own part as citizens let us become more security conscious of our environment,the world has changed oo.

I love Nigeria cause you cannot throw away the baby with the bathe water, but when I think of how the USA constantly invent stuff that improve our lives here as humans, I cannot but fall in love the land of freedom and opportunities.

Scientifically dead opinion. sad
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by legacysystems2(f): 1:07pm On Dec 30, 2013
Why would The Chairman, Ido local government of Oyo state, the police, SSS and members of the Defence Corp together go and recover a toy?
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 30, 2013
Shit! Now this is stupidity taking to another level. Schools fees wasted here.

spenca:

You should know this was planted on the internet because they know people like you will go after it on the internet and there you found the poo they left off for you there,it's just a contingency plan
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by jude33084(m): 1:12pm On Dec 30, 2013
Baba_Eleko:

Spot on!!!!

Stop embarrassing yourself and go see the other models of the said toy from the owner angry
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by tpia5: 1:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
Hmmm

Why would anyone send a drone to ibadan though?
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by jude33084(m): 1:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
legacy_systems: Why would The Chairman, Ido local government of Oyo state, the police, SSS and members of the Defence Corp together go and recover a toy.

A man that sees a hairy dog and raise alarm of a Lion should not be taken lightly initially due to security reasons however, such a man should be taken to a psychiatric home for further evaluation.
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by IAMBREEZY: 1:28pm On Dec 30, 2013
I said it before that it's a toy i dunno why some people re just too local damnit.
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Ishilove: 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
otipoju: I am not a conspiracy theorist but anyone believing that its a toy is simply naïve.

I have no iota of evidence to back my speculations and may be hysterical or prolly watched too much Hollywood movies,
You have said it all. You really need to cut down on those Spy Kids and 007 movies you're addicted to.
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by TheLastNazgul(m): 1:57pm On Dec 30, 2013
It is pretty obvious that the average Nigerian is an uneducated fellow who will stubbornly hold on to his unfounded beliefs despite the staggering availability of facts that point in the right direction.
Jakumo's comment on the original 'drone' thread ought to have killed off the 'drone' argument but conspiracy theorists and ignorant folks can't suppress the urge to work themselves up and air their unfounded opinions. #Ignorance is lethal.

1 Like

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by PurestBoy(m): 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
Ninilowo: Arrest that man that "fabricated" the stuff joor. He wan use am to dey spy ashawo jointz for Ibadan ni. Agbaaya grin

Why not go to sexuality section since na ashawo dey your mind?
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by PurestBoy(m): 2:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
abdulahi001:

And I ask, is it neccessary it flies fro d US or did'nt they (US) has base all over d world
For me, I don't believe it's a toy, some1 dat invent d bigger can invent the smaller, it only require building a building of 1 acre or more to give runway and tag it as a private premises and monitor d little drone from dere.

Last Bullet: Only a fool will believe that the US government does'nt have spies in an oil-riched nation like nigeria.

And why would they employ the use of drone to spy us when there are Nigerian-born CIA agents that can easily provide them with any information they need? Drones are employed to the countries and areas where the job of CIAs are made difficult like Iran, North Korea, Russia etc
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by smada13(m): 2:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
nuff said.....
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Noblebrown7(m): 2:41pm On Dec 30, 2013
Telling the citizens dat itz a real drone will only inflict fear. So, itz simple, makeup a story, tell the public and they'll beliv it.. But 2 be sincere.. Thats a real drone.. Americans will not stamp der "united states drone". Think jor
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by moscobabs(m): 3:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
geeez:

This level of naivety is understandable

My son has a toy remote controlled helicopter but how many Nigerians have seen such a thing before. Less than 10%

But how do you,explain grown men and women making an aspirin out of a river or people cheaply believing that a guber candidate from their state has suddenly become a Yorubaman because of the party he's contesting on. Or how do you explain people gathering to support a corrupt official because she is from their tribe
hunnnmnn....
...those are pure local pple
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
Tolexander: What is it with the report in Ibadan.

Last time, they reported a half fish and half human, whereas it was an octopus. Now a drone used as spy from Texas, whereas it is just a toy.

lol they are trying to mek Ebadone feel important,the way thier press are decieving them now.
Maybe one media house will tell them that America want to spy on them because they are the most intelligent people on earth.

Poverty and illiteracy are very bad
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Alabamagnate: 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2013
kolubo: Don`t mind them jare, most Ibadan guys are just too local.
That's why they named them 'Kolubo' just like you
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by leonard509(m): 3:56pm On Dec 30, 2013
Smh .sss pple no sabi haynithing. . .dat shit iz nt a toy. .dem no wetin drone be @ first .okay na for night e land abi?? Jst to let u knw,some drone dey see for night(infra_red ish). .
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by jarell: 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2013
i can bet that the TOY's flight radius is nt up to 2km
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Ninilowo(m): 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2013
PurestBoy:

Why not go to sexuality section since na ashawo dey your mind?
una no dey go there? if we grip u dere eh....u go know how far........make I call born2..........for u eh? grin

1 Like

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 30, 2013
moscobabs: nawa for this ibadan pple sef, they too local

Your papa left yansh.

Son of a mongrel.
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
we should not trust these policemen, most of them are like the NSCDC MAN (OGA at the top ) they don't know anything.

no be so the super star police for kaduna go check Boko Haram bomb with bare hands when he got killed.
Naija police needs serious capacity building.
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by saved: 5:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
What of if Mr. Afolayan is an undercover agent working for foreign intelligence agency? He needs to cover or clean up the mess his foreign paymasters created by the crash. Remember, the man is a network provider using the said "toy" to gather info and sending it to his employers. The man should be investigated thoroughly.
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by opethe1st: 7:15pm On Dec 30, 2013
http://www.skannet.com/sfolayan/odds/80-drone-crash-story

please would u guys take the time and read the owners story.
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by airroseice(m): 7:35pm On Dec 30, 2013
Kairoseki77:

This is what a real American drone looks like kids. Notice the difference in size?

No power source can make that little toy in Ibadan fly from the US to Nigeria.

Please stop embarrassing yourself.
grin grin grin ROTFLMAO! Season Greetings Y'all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Didn’t Get Anything From Jonathan – Edwin Clark / Buhari & Saraki Attend Special Prayer For Nigerian 56th Independence Anniversary / Six Nigerian Governors' Wives Cover ThisDay Style Magazine (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.