Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS (21443 Views)

Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 30, 2013
The Chairman, Ido local government of Oyo state, Professor Joseph Adeniyi Olowofela, in company of the police, SSS and members of the Defence Corp on Sunday recovered the flying object which fell on the roof of a resident of Awotan in the local government.

The Chairman described a media report that an object crashed into the home of a resident as very unfortunate and misleading.

Prof Olowofela also frowned at the report and its writers intention, saying there was nothing like a crash as reported, and that it was untrue that the US used the object as a spy .

“What happened was that a man was playing with a toy with his son and the toy got lost only to be discovered by a neighbour and instead of searching for the owner of the toy, the neighbour kept it in his home for a week . And the next thing was to read on a newspaper that a spy object lost control and crashed into a resident home”, he said.

The owner of the kite- like object, Sunday Folayan, an Electronic engineer and the Vice President,Nigeria Internet Registration Association, also expressed shock at the reported crash.

Folayan ,who is also into orbit, is the owner of Skynet , a service provider company based in Ibadan.

Folayan accompanied the Chairman, top local government officials, the police, SSS and other security men to recover the toy on Sunday.

Folayan who claimed to have produced many similar toys for his son in the past explained that he was playing with his son with the battery propelled toy when it got missing and all effort to retrieve it failed last week Sunday.

He gave a vivid description of the toy which he produced for his son “The weight of the toy is 0.8 kilogram with the shape of an i-pad . It cannot run more than 15 minutes . It is not solar panelled, but uses battery and a remote control .”

The chairman charged media men to do more of investigative journalism,rather than speculative reporting .

He stated that the report was capable of causing strained relations between Nigeria and the US government .

www.thenationonlineng.net/new/recovered-flying-object-in-ibadan-is-a-toy-police-sss/

P. S
If you are interested in purchasing a quadcopter Online for your personal use, You can click the link below
www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=quad+copter&catId=0&initiative_id=
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by 3coins(m): 12:19am On Dec 30, 2013
I for fear

YES! YES! YES!...1st to comment!

1 Like

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Nightshift(m): 12:23am On Dec 30, 2013
Our folks may not recognize aliens when they are in town. That would even be a much more scary scenario.
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by OmoTier1(m): 12:25am On Dec 30, 2013
If the TRIBUNE NEWPAPER has any sense, they ought to publish an apology to Nigerians for their misleading reportage on this issue. I know they will not because they are PDP propaganda arm in the Southern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 30, 2013
What else could it be? The little green men?
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Tolexander: 12:42am On Dec 30, 2013
What is it with the report in Ibadan.

Last time, they reported a half fish and half human, whereas it was an octopus. Now a drone used as spy from Texas, whereas it is just a toy.

1 Like

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Dannylux: 1:38am On Dec 30, 2013
Drone kor, drum ni.

4 Likes

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by kolubo(m): 2:37am On Dec 30, 2013
Tolexander: What is it with the report in Ibadan.

Last time, they reported a half fish and half human, whereas it was an octopus. Now a drone used as spy from Texas, whereas it is just a toy.
Don`t mind them jare, most Ibadan guys are just too local.

15 Likes

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Lionbite(m): 2:45am On Dec 30, 2013
If the Americans saw that drone thread and comments made by nigerians it would be the comedy of the year, one nairalander even said 'This drone means that obama is spying on us'....... Can you just imagine that?

9 Likes

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by tpia5: 2:48am On Dec 30, 2013
i did think it looked like a toy?
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by otipoju(m): 3:31am On Dec 30, 2013
I am not a conspiracy theorist but anyone believing that its a toy is simply naïve.

First, that picture that I saw on the other thread aint a toy. When I saw a bottle of already used aboniki balm under the device, I knew it was real.

Second,from time immemorial there is always the real version of events and the official statement given to the public.

Having said that I feel that the US has every right to do what it deems necessary to protect its self and citizens from boko haram threats.

Come to think of it the Boko guys saying they will attack USA, do you think they really mean that they will go from Nigeria to blow up texas or new york? For now they I do not think they have the sophistication to carry out their evil thoughts and hence US buildings and interests in Nigeria are more realistic targets and will have the same impact maybe fewer casualties but it will still cause a worldwide stir when it hits the news!!!

Policing in lagos is tighter and ibadan may not be as effecient and so the group may have already have sleeping cells or intend to grow some that can be activated in ibadan with the intent to attack the embassy or US interest in Lagos and so any security conscious govt will watch ibadan closely.

I have no iota of evidence to back my speculations and may be hysterical or prolly watched too much Hollywood movies, but I know that good will always triumph over evil and I wish the US and Nigerian goverment all the best in their fight against terrorism.

May God protect your soldiers who risk their lives day in day out so that we can sleep in peace on our beds and take our children and girlfriends to watch movies without being blown up. On our own part as citizens let us become more security conscious of our environment,the world has changed oo.

I love Nigeria cause you cannot throw away the baby with the bathe water, but when I think of how the USA constantly invent stuff that improve our lives here as humans, I cannot but fall in love the land of freedom and opportunities.

13 Likes

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by BabaEleko(m): 3:57am On Dec 30, 2013
If you believe this nonsense they are telling you then I smh for you. I am not being fooled sha. I know better.

1 Like

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by BabaEleko(m): 3:58am On Dec 30, 2013
otipoju: I am not a conspiracy theorist but anyone believing that its a toy is simply naïve.

First, that picture that I saw on the other thread aint a toy. When I saw a bottle of already used aboniki balm under the device, I knew it was real.

Second,from time immemorial there is always the real version of events and the official statement given to the public.

Having said that I feel that the US has every right to do what it deems necessary to protect its self and citizens from boko haram threats.

Come to think of it the Boko guys saying they will attack USA, do you think they really mean that they will go from Nigeria to blow up texas or new york? For now they I do not think they have the sophistication to carry out their evil thoughts and hence US buildings and interests in Nigeria are more realistic targets and will have the same impact maybe fewer casualties but it will still cause a worldwide stir when it hits the news!!!

Policing in lagos is tighter and ibadan may not be as effecient and so the group may have already have sleeping cells or intend to grow some that can be activated in ibadan with the intent to attack the embassy or US interest in Lagos and so any security conscious govt will watch ibadan closely.

I have no iota of evidence to back my speculations and may be hysterical or prolly watched too much Hollywood movies, but I know that good will always triumph over evil and I wish the US and Nigerian goverment all the best in their fight against terrorism.

May God protect your soldiers who risk their lives day in day out so that we can sleep in peace on our beds and take our children and girlfriends to watch movies without being blown up. On our own part as citizens let us become more security conscious of our environment,the world has changed oo.

I love Nigeria cause you cannot throw away the baby with the bathe water, but when I think of how the USA constantly invent stuff that improve our lives here as humans, I cannot but fall in love the land of freedom and opportunities.

Spot on!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Nobody: 5:54am On Dec 30, 2013
if it were to be a drone, the police / sss don't have the technology to detect shiit
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by enigmang: 6:18am On Dec 30, 2013
scipher: if it were to be a drone, the police / sss don't have the technology to detect shiit

They don't need technology to detect a crashed drone ...

1 Like

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by enigmang: 6:19am On Dec 30, 2013
otipoju: I am not a conspiracy theorist but anyone believing that its a toy is simply naïve.

Yes you are a conspiracy theorist..

15 Likes

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by nathandrake(m): 6:22am On Dec 30, 2013
In case of next time this is what a U.S drone looks like

1 Like

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 30, 2013
enigmang:

They don't need technology to detect a crashed drone ...
do I need to paraphrase. sad they can't detect shiit.. they'd gather intel via our skies successfully
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Brimmie(m): 6:32am On Dec 30, 2013
Ok
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Lusola15: 6:33am On Dec 30, 2013
Fufu for C4 grin grin grin
Shakabula for AK47 undecided undecided

Na learner I be oo

1 Like

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by israel007: 6:37am On Dec 30, 2013
I urge the security force not to underestimate anything for now. Proper investigation should be carried out.

Who's the father that was playing with the 'toy'.

Who's the son.

Where do they live.

Did the said owners confirm or claim ownership of the said 'toy'.

We trivialise things a lot until it blows out of proportion.

1 Like

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by ninamyers: 7:09am On Dec 30, 2013
it's not any toy, it really is a real drone. There are different types of drones, this happens to be one. Goggle drone images and you will see it's almost like this Ibadan discovery. The police are trying to cover up some thing. The camera must have fallen off somewhere. Posted some images i saw on goggle. Remember goggle is your friend. The pics posted, the last image fell from the sky in Manhattan, the third image is the one in Ibadan. There are other stories like that are online. I hate it when they think we are ignorant people.

Pics not showing i don't know why.

7 Likes

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by geeez: 7:21am On Dec 30, 2013
Mr. Sunday Folayan is one of the numerous inventors all over Yorubaland

He should commercialize his skill and make these kinds of toys available in the market for other kids

In addition, he may be useful in the military as an engineer

3 Likes

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by nathandrake(m): 7:22am On Dec 30, 2013
nina myers: it's not any toy, it really is a real drone. There are different types of drones, this happens to be one. Goggle drone images and you will see it's almost like this Ibadan discovery. The police are trying to cover up some thing. The camera must have fallen off somewhere. Posted some images i saw on goggle. Remember goggle is your friend. The pics posted, the first one fell from the sky in Manhattan and other stories like that are online. I hate it when they think we are ignorant people.

Pics not showing i don't know why.

That's not a U.S drone. It might be from another country buh its definitely Not U.S

1 Like

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Temismith(f): 8:08am On Dec 30, 2013
Bera ooh
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by piratedcopy(m): 8:09am On Dec 30, 2013
i must to make front page before the year runs out

holy shit it made front page,

now i have fulfilled my new year resolution
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 30, 2013
Is the US the only maker of Drones? Imagine the news saying that object flew all the way from Texas! Bullock when helicopter can't even do half the lap! Any drones that will cross country won't have that kinda copter blade but built instead like a plane.

2 Likes

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by kokoA(m): 8:38am On Dec 30, 2013
Nigerians sef.. Na so una go dey fall person hand everywhere.. Smh. Drone ko Rocket ni.. Mcheeeww. The owner of that missing toy better come claim him thing make we hear word jor.
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by supersonic(m): 8:50am On Dec 30, 2013
Ok
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Pain(m): 9:03am On Dec 30, 2013
Fools! An exact copy of that toy drone can be bought online. Exposure is truly the best form of education. Nigerian youths have really disappointed me.

5 Likes

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Kairoseki77: 9:08am On Dec 30, 2013

This is what a real American drone looks like kids. Notice the difference in size?

No power source can make that little toy in Ibadan fly from the US to Nigeria.

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dahiru Saleh: "I Annulled June 12 Election, Not IBB" / Inconclusive Primary : Gunmen Disrupt Kogi PDP Gov Primary / Air Commodore Wap Maigida Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.