Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) (5069 Views)

The Chinese Are Not Fools And They Will Not Developed Nigeria / Ekiti Governor Reportedly Imports Strippers From South-africa, Ghana / Proof That Chinese Are Not Only Selfish But Heartless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) by persius555(m): 3:58am On Nov 02, 2014
Africans do more talking rather than get the jobs done. I bet you, come ten years from now, we will still be arguing over whether to deport foreigners or not to.
Re: The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) by Nobody: 4:36am On Nov 02, 2014
The bolded shows the reason for our problem. It is not the chinese but ourselves putting ourself down. If we are doing such why would you expect foreigners to treat you better?
modextus:
Well said..I've seen even in nigeria how chinese contractors exploits Nigerian workers

I've taking my time on some few occasions to monitor how these guys work, but its quite disheartening to find out that these chinese dudes pay very little to their Nigerian work-force compared to the huge sum they pay to their nationals.

You'll still go to some Nigerian owned construction companies and find a less experienced chinese worker placed above a more experienced Nigerian, that's why they'll keep treating us like trash.
angry
Re: The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) by Nobody: 4:50am On Nov 02, 2014
It is called capitalism and market forces.

Any private business would pay their work force the lowest wage they can get away with paying.

It is the stupid African leaders that are to blame for not ensuring that foreign business have a minimum level of pay and higher standards of working conditions including ensuring no disparity between African and expats doing the same job with comparable skill and experience.

1 Like

Re: The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) by BUSHIDO5: 8:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
GenBuhari:
It is called capitalism and market forces.

No private business would pay their work force the lowest wage they can get away with paying.

It is the stupid African leaders that are to blame for not ensuring that foreign business have a minium level of pay and higher standards of working conditions including ensuring no disparity between African and expats doing the same job with comparable skill and experience.

My General, I agree with you. We are travelling in the same direction of thought and not in opposing directions. True, the African leaders have not played their role in protecting the interests of the African people who own the land and resources therein. I wish you were the real General Buhari. With this kind of thinking you would make a great Nigerian leader (president or not) and statesman.
Re: The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 02, 2014
Trust me from what I know of the real Buhari, he would be on the same page as you an I. Many would be pleasantly surprised how quickly Nigeria would get moving!
BUSHIDO5:

My General, I agree with you. We are travelling in the same direction of thought and not in opposing directions. True, the African leaders have not played their role in protecting the interests of the African people who own the land and resources therein. I wish you were the real General Buhari. With this kind of thinking you would make a great Nigerian leader (president or not) and statesman.
Re: The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) by UyiIredia(m): 9:17am On Nov 12, 2014
After reading this thread I feel infinitely stupid for advising Jonathan to trust China.
Re: The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) by BUSHIDO5: 10:51pm On Nov 14, 2014
UyiIredia:
After reading this thread I feel infinitely stupid for advising Jonathan to trust China.

I understand how you feel brother. The Benin people say that information (knowledge) is the only thing that has the power to change the minds of people.... Okay I am lying, that is my saying grin.
Re: The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) by cjrane: 11:34pm On Nov 14, 2014
Ghanaians always feel cheated. Even when you dash them your own money.

Without Chinese and Nigerian investment Ghana's economy would be lying flat.
Re: The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) by iamord(m): 6:09am On Nov 15, 2014
phantonce:
this chinese guys go through hell here in nigeria.
come and see as they work under hot sun in an unconducive environment.
come and see as nigerians fight them for orile.
they fear nigerians alot
dnt really know abt the pay but trust me there pay is nt as high as we tink,they are strugglers here.
it's only chinese firm that even employs them.nigeria bans foreigner coming to seek job here.
it's either u invest or get the hell out.

Look those chinese that do the illegal gold mining in Ghana suffer a lot. The news is painting it like the come in and hit jackpot. I know there has been a lot of crack down and. Mass deportation. But the. Problem. Is still on black people. And it happens in different forms. If its not gold or. Diamonds its cocoa , coal, industry. Its the same old chiefs that will give the land to them. And destroy the eco System. If. You look deeper .even if you don't have money to set up a mine. You can get business analyst to set up an business plan. For the site and bring in investors. That way it will grow. Its back ward thinking that has put us where we are today. Intellectual inferiority
Re: The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) by iamord(m): 6:14am On Nov 15, 2014
cjrane:
Ghanaians always feel cheated. Even when you dash them your own money.

Without Chinese and Nigerian investment Ghana's economy would be lying flat.
U know so well about ghanaians don't uu. Let's talk about the Nigerian character

1 Like

Re: The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) by BOSSGUY1(m): 7:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
How many active coal mines are there in Nigeria?
Re: The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) by onoja12: 7:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
sorry Nigeria cant help you,you people insulted us while we helped you grow your economy,you did all kind of things to us cause you wanted to please the colored skin,slave mentality now you have the colored skin leave with what you invited and stop dragging us into your problems you brought for yourselves

BUSHIDO5:
The Chinese go to Ghana, exploit the people and become millionaires. Visit http://www.ibtimes.com/modern-day-gold-rush-how-people-one-county-china-are-making-millions-ghana-1260801 to read the article by Sophie Song. Imagine, these devils pay Ghanaians (Afircans on African soil) 2 dollars a day which translates to 60 dollars a month for 30 days work and pay Chinese workers 976 dollars a month. And some Chinese has the nerve to suggest that China sends its army into Ghana when oppressed Ghanaians start attacking them. What an insult! You see why Africa really needs to focus on economic revival and military development? They believe that they can get away with whatever they do because they have a strong army. We Africans- no matter what part of the world we currently find ourselves- should really start seriously thinking of how to develop our continent and in no time, start acting on it. The influx of Chinese, Lebanese and other foreign nationals does not bode well for the continent. These people will only end up ruling Africa and making us second class citizens. AFRICANS NEED TO WAKE UP, BOND TOGETHER AND BEGIN TO VALUE THEIR BLACK BRETHREN OVER ANY OTHER RACE. Call it racism if you like. I call it UNITY THAT BRINGS PROGRESS. Imagine, 50,000 Chinese in Ghana! How many AFRICANS (not just Ghanaians) are in China?!!
Re: The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) by iamord(m): 7:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
onoja12:
sorry Nigeria cant help you,you people insulted us while we helped you grow your economy,you did all kind of things to us cause you wanted to please the colored skin,slave mentality now you have the colored skin leave with what you invited and stop dragging us into your problems you brought for yourselves

Who is this stypid fellow
Re: The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) by onoja12: 11:20pm On Nov 20, 2014
insult is not new,that's what you guys are good at lazy people,please abeg find cediland,this is nairaland

iamord:

Who is this stypid fellow
Re: The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) by iamord(m): 1:12am On Nov 21, 2014
onoja12:
insult is not new,that's what you guys are good at lazy people,please abeg find cediland,this is nairaland

see this empty barrel!. Of What use are you to your economy that you come up here and blab Like a bit.ch
Re: The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) by onoja12: 1:55am On Nov 21, 2014
last i checked it was you who came here crying like a bit...ch

iamord:

see this empty barrel!. Of What use are you to your economy that you come up here and blab Like a bit.ch
Re: The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) by iamord(m): 2:10am On Nov 21, 2014
onoja12:
last i checked it was you who came here crying like a bit...ch

U had to be put to order boy. You no get ot. The way you put your lines show u dull gan!!
Re: The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) by BUSHIDO5: 3:32pm On Nov 21, 2014
Dear Brethren,

I did not start this thread for us to come and INSULT one another. The purpose was to spotlight a situation (a threat) and provide an opportunity for us to share knowledge with one another. Please guys, sheathe your swords and let us all get back to progressive thinking and constructive posting. Thanks guys.

Yours Sincerely,
Bushido5 (OP)
Re: The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) by BUSHIDO5: 3:36pm On Nov 21, 2014
By the way, I can't find my POLITICS THREAD [i]Warning!!! Racist European South Africans Are Preparing To Murder Africans!!! [/i]It was getting real hot as some Europeans came on it to attack me and others like me who possessed my views and I can't see it anymore. Please, could any of you nice people tell me what could have become of my thread?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Building The List Of Notable UNN Alumni / In Fela's Voice 2.8 Billion Dollars Oil Money Is Missing(SCAMBUHARI) / James Ibori Got Bail....Now Serving 13 Yrs In UK Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.