Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,606 members, 7,958,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:27 AM

MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) (15895 Views)

Tied Of Calling 180 You Can Reach Mtn Customer Care Via Whatsapp / MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / MTN Customer Care Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by pukena(m): 9:06am On Dec 31, 2013
or they will tell you their engineers are working on it....ive not been using my bis subscription regularly...they will just cut you off when you need it most....
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by adadadon(m): 9:07am On Dec 31, 2013
Yes

End time tinz
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by charlezok(m): 9:08am On Dec 31, 2013
nouveaux: I'm boilling right now so wont go into epistle.

Firstly, the [agents] are high on some thick accent that just put you off!

Now, the main thing, when ever you call them to resolve some issues which they arent capable, they form 'bad network' and tell you they are goin to disconnect the call because of that.(thats if they are polite otherwise, they will hang up on u). [Expletive]!

It's a trend, some even shout at you or try to make you seem unintelligent so they can cover up their ignorance.

Why cant MTN recruit intellectuals, polite and couth individuals?

Must they recruit [redacted] like some people here on NL that I wont mention their monicker?

The ladies are lazy! I wonder if the manager is [pleasing the,] whenever they attend to queries. They keep moaning in [tribal] accent annoyingly!

Someone should talk to them, I wish they see this, cause I just wonder why Nigeria is like this.

I'm not coherent cos of anger, so will come to modify later but bottom line is MTN customer care agents are [insultive labels]

Aint scared of no generalization, insult me, I dont look like I care anyways.

Merry New Year in Advance and Happy Xmas in Arrears. **Pun or Sacarsm not intended**

Sorry Bro!

Don't blame the Agents, Blame MTN for putting them in a tight situation.

But with this your accent, who in 9ja will attend to you? Wake up bro and face reality.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Rawpidgin(m): 9:14am On Dec 31, 2013
don't know about MTN but GLO workers have their brains in their a$$

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Tundecool(m): 9:16am On Dec 31, 2013
They are very incompetent.....
Der was a time I called 180 to ask abt dier nyt plan....

I actually called dem 3x...

D 1st Cc agent said its 3gig widout bonus and it works @nyt only..

D 2nd Cc agent. said its 4.5gb and it doznt work during day time....

D 3rd Cc agent said its 4.5gb and "I Think It Works During Daytime"

Imagine..Dey re not even sure of d services dey render....
Oga oooooo!

2 Likes

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 31, 2013
Very incompetent. There was this time MTN was deducting my Airtime like crazy, so I called customer care. The dude was like its because I'm not subscribed to any data plan blah blah bla. Fine Fine!....what is the solution?. The 1diot was now telln me to buy MB angry. Your Father!! angry, so I'll continue to buy MB for as long as I'll be using the sim??undecided

Nobody told me before I dumped the cursed sim angry!

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by 1stola: 9:17am On Dec 31, 2013
simpleseyi:

My brother please leave out the accent. Na American accent you want? I beg make them speak English like Ijebu man or Owerri man or Fulani man jooor. As for their competence, move to another network. I wont use or give my money to a racist South African company like MTN except I dont have a good choice as in the case of DSTV.

DSTV DOESN'T BELONG TO SOUTHAFRICA.
ITS A MULTICHOICE COMPANY.
IN AFRICA, IT CAME TO NIGERIA 1ST BUT WAS REJECTED AND THEY MOVED TO SOUTHAFRICA.

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Two4Two(m): 9:20am On Dec 31, 2013
Quiet frankly and without any gender bias all the customer care for ALL the services providers are grossly incompetent except for the menfolk. I had the experience of their incompetency a couple of months ago when i wanted to subscribe to (Glo, etisalat, MTN and Airtel) data plan in my office desktop. First i purchased a universal modem and a Sim card Etisalat precisely, chose the prescribed data plan it didn't work, called their CSO they could not offer any meaningful solution. This goes to all of them. The menfolk, even when they speak to you, you will appreciate their efforts. To cut the story short, i had to carry my CPU to Glo office at Allen before they fixed it, and it didn't take them more than two minutes to configure.
At the end, i have to buy all their modems to be able to work.

My wife had a similar case (over one week now) with Airtel on her techno F7 till now they have not configured her to use it to browse even when they have collected the money for the data plan she chose.

What this guys do is to rigmarole you so tey you will get tired and come to their office because they are not competent enough to proffer solution remotely.
I AM SURE THAT MANY OF US HAVE EXPERIENCED THEM ONE WAY OR THE OTHER

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 31, 2013
Bleep MTN! My bb network keeps going off for days n I keep on calling customer care n they keep on telling me d same shit dat don't work. One of them was arguing wit me dat I don't know how 2 do it. Imagine! Just host routing n changing network 2 2G n d idiots keep saying I've not done it well.
Yesterday I shouted at them n cut d call on them. I told them I'm porting 2 Glo. So,Glomobile, here I come tongue

3 Likes

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by dejibimbo(m): 9:25am On Dec 31, 2013
I laff at times, you will call customer care to ask about a new product of theirs...they will be so ignorant of it, and dey can easily say this when you call them about something not working right..."Put your phone off and switch it back on" the problem remains, and you call again, another agent will tell you something different, "this problem would be resolved within 24 hours" don't be excited, nothing will happen....at the end they will say "thank you for choosing MTN, have a nice day" , I will be like "she ori eleyi pe sha", "is this one okay sha"....and we have those that are quite intelligent, then some are even out to sell MTN, they are "ready to provide you with cheats"

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by omoelu1(m): 9:26am On Dec 31, 2013
infact there matter don tire me o.
i subscribed for d monthly nite plan, after i finished using d bonus and about to start using the original gig, na so network no good again o.
for over two weeks now i‘ve unable to browse. and whenever i call their customer care, they will never pick my call(like they are doing it deliberately). i have called and called and called and tired of calling;na only emeka wey win BIG dey respond to my call.
_________
it so happened that early this morning (12 am) i tried 7 different times and it was answered by 7 different agents saying exactly the same thing:

“Cc agent: hello customer, if you can hear me please respond... it seems you can't hear me customer, i will have to cut this call.“
and i responding as they were talking and i know my mouth piece is not bad cos i made other calls before and after that. abeg i don tire jare.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by bodsibobo(m): 9:29am On Dec 31, 2013
They are a bunch of incompetent fools.

I am porting to Etisalat January 1.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by alcuin(m): 9:30am On Dec 31, 2013
They are just bunch of id.iots.
Just fews days I called them to inquire abt smartphone data plans and prices. The first cc agent told me it was 260mb for 1k, she even sent me the shortcodes for activation. When I activated, I saw 160mb. I called back again to complain why i didn't see 260mb, the second cc agent told me its not 260mb but 100mb, I told her I got 160mb, she was confused and she said the extra 60mb was bonus. She even said the first cc agent is wrong and that the 260mb is data cap....I asked her when what she meant, she just ended the call. I was like "how the hell will cc agents not know about the company's services?"

Airtel's own is worst. They will just tell you that the application to access your problem is currently being upgraded so call back later. Call them in the next two months, you will hear the same line.

In fact, all of dem dey craze....
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 31, 2013
Customer services are generally poor in Nigeria. You would receive same treatment at their shops. Hanging up on a customer, ignoring, shouting, disrespecting customers e.t.c are seen as a norm. Bottom line, don't even think about porting. They are all the same.

Try to contact them on Twitter. It might be your best option to resolve any issue you have with them.

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by crackthinker: 9:31am On Dec 31, 2013
scipher: dude, simply port to Glo or go and die!!!
Asking him to port was a good suggestion, but was the go and die portion of your statement necessary? And later people like you will complain about poor service delivery from government and in other sectors of the economy!

2 Likes

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 31, 2013
MTN has d worst call center ever!! It takes ages b4 an agent picks ur call. D annoying part is d advert they do while one is waiting for d call to be picked! "My name is emeka, 20yr old student of delsu bla bla bla". So bleeping annoying! When the call was finally picked after many minutes of waiting, d girl couldnt decipher my complaint n i "frustratedly" ended d call!

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 31, 2013
saxywale: Customer services are generally poor in Nigeria. You would receive same treatment at their shops. Hanging up on a customer, ignoring, shouting, disrespecting customers e.t.c are seen as a norm. Bottom line, don't even think about porting. They are all the same.

Try to contact them on Twitter. It might be your best option to resolve any issue you have with them.
2 tweets i sent them @mtn180, till now, no one has attended to it.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by alcuin(m): 9:40am On Dec 31, 2013
One of them was arguing with me that Blackberry is not a smartphone. She said Blackberry is a Blackberry, that's all.....
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by tunshe: 9:42am On Dec 31, 2013
ikeugbo: You can follow them on twitter at @MTN180 or like their facebook page which is www.facebook.com/MTNloaded, or even contact them via their nairaland thread which is fair more easier and professional

Mr. MTN, those links are not effective. I'm a living witness, try to open a thread here on nairaland to solve issues with an agreement with Seun if you are serious about using social media to boost your customer relationship management.

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 31, 2013
crackthinker:
Asking him to port was a good suggestion, but was the go and die portion of your statement necessary? And later people like you will complain about poor service delivery from government and in other sectors of the economy!
why do u always have to take evrything seriously? undecided can't u identify a joke
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Okijajuju1(m): 9:48am On Dec 31, 2013
Etisalat Never do you something.

I had suscribed for my BB Complete plan on Etisalat and recieved the text saying it would come up after a while if not do a hard restart. My mails, BB Group messages and BBM messages started pouring in. So I was fine. Now because I am not addicted to my phones at all, sometimes I dont even check my text messages or BB msgs for days. One day I realized that I had not seen any BBM icon on my Blackberry in na while. At first I figured it was a network issue as I was seeing EGDE instead of the 3G sign on my phone. I was still able to browse, but none of my social networking apps nor BBM was working. After like 2 weeks, I called Etisalat customer care 200 and spkoe to an agent. He said "We have noticed that some of our BB subscribers are having issues, I have fixed it and it should be working now". I said Thanks and asked how Etisalat plans to compensate me for the period in which I had no service. If they would extend my subscription period by the duration that they did not provide me any service. The guy just repeated the same line again word for word like he was an answering machine. I asked if he had a manager he could connect me to and again he repeats the same line word for word. Now I am angry, so I go off at the network (not him personally), and in the middle of my rant, the arssehole cut the call... shocked

Well.. I didnt have the NCC number then, but I realize now that all the NCC would do is to fine them, get paid at my expense and nothing gets to me nor is anything done to rectify the anormaly.

PLUS:: Customer Service is dead in Nigeria.. An Arik Hostess once disrespected me onboard a flight. I simply waited upon touchdown for everyone to disembark and went after her. I told her to repeat the crap she told me earlier and I will beat her silly before any intervention gets to her and when I get arrested, my people outside the airport would sort that part out.. The foolish girl went silent. The Captain and other crew members were apologizing on her behalf.

We need a Customer Care/Service school in Nigeria.. Hotels, Banks, Airlines, small businesses, e.t.c all suffer from lack of well trained customer care personnel. Imagine a fronk desk employee at Fedex Office eating rice and oily stew whilst attending to a client. Only for another client to enter and place a document he wanted to send on the table and it got soiled with oil from the iiidiots stew.. angry Thats why whenever I get a great service from one, I always tip them handsomely.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by tayour917i(m): 9:55am On Dec 31, 2013
deor03: What is the issue?

If this is how you communicate when talking to the customer care guys , no wonder they dont understand what exactly they are expected to fix

BTW , there's nothing with an Igbotic or Yorubaish accent. All of us speak with a genre of accent.

Bravo, I salute your intelligence, the write-up shows how he communicate with the CC people but anyway, these CC guys have their flaws.

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 31, 2013
One thing i like about etisalat's Call centre is d speed at which ur call is answered. But the day i "feared" their agents was d day i called to confirm if one can still stream youtube with etisalat bis, i was using an ear piece n d network was 3G(so i was browsing on operamini while talking with d agent), n she told me that they have stopped using BIS 4 youtube,operamini,whatsapp,2go n some oda applications one downloaded on d phone. I was short of words, cos i had #0.00 n i was browsing with opera n also chatting on whatsapp while d call was on. I just thanked n ended d call.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by AmeerahFKI(f): 9:57am On Dec 31, 2013
Rawpidgin: don't know about MTN but GLO workers have their brains in their a$$
u are so correct!
Always saying they are upgrading their system, so call back later. Very annoying people!
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by hayubee(m): 10:01am On Dec 31, 2013
Weneva I call etisalat I call d yoruba section within seconds dey pick u!!

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by SpicyMimi(f): 10:12am On Dec 31, 2013
Etisalat customer care is d best antym anyday! Ccall them 1am in the morning and you'd stil get to talk to an Agent, just port to etisalat bro!
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Pokemon43(f): 10:16am On Dec 31, 2013
D only network dat takes ur credit within seconds and takes dem days to return it back.empty-hen
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Lordave: 10:17am On Dec 31, 2013
Op couldn't be all wrong, I had a conversation with one of their grossly incompetent agent last week, I said something like, "does this data plan work on UC browser, cuz my money is deducted each time I browse with UC", and the incompetent babe was like, which one be UC browser again?" And I was like, "babe, are this daft and unexposed?"
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by adepentane1(m): 10:24am On Dec 31, 2013
cheesy cheesy grin grin ... Guys .....simply port to another network....mtnis bad...and so ?? dats no new news......when they cant fix d challenge they will say they want to refare u to their technical team. MTN only recruits FRESH, WET BRAINZZ ppl as CC agent and only train them on mtn products and SERVICE....., without proper training on simple troubleshooting ...... sogl guys.....get used to it or GTH. tongue
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by samsard(m): 10:32am On Dec 31, 2013
@Op, there was once a time when you had to hang up by yourself whenever you call customer-care, but »many people abused that privilege, So they changed the rules + the C-care agents I have spoken to the past few times I called em where polite and sounded professional and of course pretty much helped resolve the issues I had
I don't really know your problem with Nigerians who 'speak with an accent' cause we are aren't Americans (the British and Australians speak with a heavy accent ). The C-care agents I have spoken to don't have an accent...
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by gentlepal: 10:35am On Dec 31, 2013
Chamackh: You have not said anything bro, tell us the challenge u are having so it can be resolved.
pls how can I apply for mtn customer care
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by MEILYN(m): 10:38am On Dec 31, 2013
I can agree with you that most of them are incompetent, they cant solve most problems. But i totally disagree with you when you said they are insultive and rude, thats a big lie. A very big lie, you are just trying to bring the name of this company down.

I call them 24/7 they have never shouted or insulted me in anyway.. This is the first time am hearing this. I work in a business center where we call Mtn every now and then.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All You Need To Know About Airtel Freebasics.com / Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 & 3 10.1 By Samsung / Meet The Infinix Smart 2 And Smart 2 Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.