Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,497 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) (15612 Views)

Tied Of Calling 180 You Can Reach Mtn Customer Care Via Whatsapp / MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / MTN Customer Care Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Rawpidgin(m): 10:44am On Dec 31, 2013
Ameerah-FKI:

u are so correct!
Always saying they are upgrading their system, so call back later. Very annoying people!
If i should narrate what i went & still going through in GLO's hands the op will give MTN a hug
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by tungstar(m): 10:45am On Dec 31, 2013
lekezino: they annoyed me dan anytin on earth esp. wen u call dem dey will tell u to wait d next tin u will hear is dere stupid songs you will wait till you are fedup ...sometimes i feel like cryin nd smashin my fone on ground

Lol....next time pls do cry or smashing your phone...... There is nothing wrong in letting ur anger out,just dnt hurt anyone while at it
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by toprealman: 11:11am On Dec 31, 2013
OP you don't sound like you will render a better service if offered the job. Take some chill pill OK.
Next time, never loose your cool with them (even if they give you reason to). Ask to speak to their superior politely.
Never threaten to be Dangote, or one of his off shoot. Keep it nice and simple.
Speak calmly and use very SIMPLE and CORRECT choice of words.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Koikili: 11:15am On Dec 31, 2013
nouveaux: I'm boilling right now so wont go into epistle.

Firstly, the [agents] are high on some thick accent that just put you off!

Now, the main thing, when ever you call them to resolve some issues which they arent capable, they form 'bad network' and tell you they are goin to disconnect the call because of that.(thats if they are polite otherwise, they will hang up on u). [Expletive]!

It's a trend, some even shout at you or try to make you seem unintelligent so they can cover up their ignorance.

Why cant MTN recruit intellectuals, polite and couth individuals?

Must they recruit [redacted] like some people here on NL that I wont mention their monicker?

The ladies are lazy! I wonder if the manager is [pleasing the,] whenever they attend to queries. They keep moaning in [tribal] accent annoyingly!

Someone should talk to them, I wish they see this, cause I just wonder why Nigeria is like this.

I'm not coherent cos of anger, so will come to modify later but bottom line is MTN customer care agents are [insultive labels]

Aint scared of no generalization, insult me, I dont look like I care anyways.
Am sure if u try airtel u wl knw mtn is better.airtel customer care agents are d worst I've ever come across.
Merry New Year in Advance and Happy Xmas in Arrears. **Pun or Sacarsm not intended**
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by benzion72(m): 11:15am On Dec 31, 2013
@OP the fastest way to reach MTN is through twitter they are 24/7 and very responsive. They will even call you in case your matter can't be settled by tweet. Visit @MTN_180
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Wislet(f): 11:16am On Dec 31, 2013
alcuin: They are just bunch of id.iots.
Just fews days I called them to inquire abt smartphone data plans and prices. The first cc agent told me it was 260mb for 1k, she even sent me the shortcodes for activation. When I activated, I saw 160mb. I called back again to complain why i didn't see 260mb, the second cc agent told me its not 260mb but 100mb, I told her I got 160mb, she was confused and she said the extra 60mb was bonus. She even said the first cc agent is wrong and that the 260mb is data cap....I asked her when what she meant, she just ended the call. I was like "how the hell will cc agents not know about the company's services?"

Airtel's own is worst. They will just tell you that the application to access your problem is currently being upgraded so call back later. Call them in the next two months, you will hear the same line.

In fact, all of dem dey craze....
why are MTN data plans sooooo small?

100/160/260mb for #1000?

When Airtel gives 2GB for #1,500?

Wow.

I don't subscribe for their data plans anymore....that's a rip-off.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 31, 2013
Advice:

Never get Yoself in a Position to Call MTN Customer Care..

Get a GLO or Etisalat Sim Today..

Save Future Anger | Curses | Poor Service..
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Jfactor(m): 11:36am On Dec 31, 2013
incompetent is polite.. why do they always add 'sorry' to their speeches, as if the caller needs 'sorry statement', the caller needs solutions not sorry.
sometimes i beliv the CC offices are so relaxed, cos u hear chewing gum, chatting..abeg lmao
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Damolablaize(f): 11:43am On Dec 31, 2013
Dey r sooooo foolish ehn...imagine bin unable 2 browse nd i kald d foolish customer care....i kal kal kal dem no gree answer...wen dey cum answer dem cum dey yarn me dust say my subscriptn has finished nd i dnt hav sufficient credit....up till nw i no fit browse...
Etisalat iz d best
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Pyroxene: 11:49am On Dec 31, 2013
Well. I really don't blame the CCR cos there is a limit they can handle. And I believe they have departments that listen to their calls. BuT truth be told they can't solve 100% of the issues that arises, they are actually the front line support after which issues that cannot be resolved is sent to the back end for resolution. And even @ the back end some issues can not still be rectified cos it might be a regional issue.. In cases where the front line cannot resolve the next and most appropriate thing to do is to politely pacify customer as they are KING

3 Likes

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Happydave(f): 11:52am On Dec 31, 2013
I share ur pain OP.Had a similar experience wit them on xmas day.I ended up switching 2 another network.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 31, 2013
Which accent do you expect them to speak in? My problem with Nairalanders/Nigerians is that they always criticize the irrelevant things!

I also have my issues with MTN customer care line and I've stopped calling them! Those guys do not know jack! They will mislead you finish, it's just unfortunate that it's not the same person you will talk to when you call back. MTN needs to intimate their customer care guys about the 'in' and 'out' of their network. Sometimes, those guys will ask me to do somethings and I will be like 'This definitely won't solve the problem'. Those guys are useless.

Another issue is you call first time, one agent tells you something I/diotic, you call second time, the next agent contradicts the first one with even more i/diotic solution. those guys are bunch of lunatics.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 31, 2013
Please has anyone won and watch the draw of Mtn 2million promo abi na only cc Agents they win am?
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by PtBlank: 12:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
@all.

From the OP's initial post, I do not think he will make a better CCR because he didn't really state what the problem was. Some useful tips when you call customer care:

1. Do not use hands free. You will most likely be inaudible.

2. Do not use loudspeaker. Same reason as 1.

3. Its OK to be angry, but please state clearly what the problem is.

Some issues of cant call or can't browse could be generic. In such cases, affected sample numbers are forwarded to the appropriate quarters for prompt resolution & you might not get an immediate solution. Isolated or peculiar cases could be resolved on the spot

For missing airtime, most times you guys call immediately it happens and the best an agent could do is to pacify you and ask you to call back since that event has not been uploaded on the system.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by ziezy(m): 12:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
OP...abeg port ..that's y u v got options...

& abeg y MTN dey comot N100 from every recharge i try do ...
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Orikinla(m): 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2013
From years of using MTN in Nigeria, I can say their customer care agents are very competent and have never disappointed me.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by digitite: 12:09pm On Dec 31, 2013
Quite true.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by dodo77: 12:09pm On Dec 31, 2013
It is not all the CCR's that are incompetent. if ur talking of 180 CCR i can't vouch for them. but when it comes to those CCR in the office 90% of them know what they re doing. A CCR might know how to resolve an issue but the application to be used might just be too slow or having issues. customers may not understand this and they will end up blaming the CCR's
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by coolakins(m): 12:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
Pt Blank: @all.

From the OP's initial post, I do not think he will make a better CCR because he didn't really state what the problem was. Some useful tips when you call customer care:

1. Do not use hands free. You will most likely be inaudible.

2. Do not use loudspeaker. Same reason as 1.

3. Its OK to be angry, but please state clearly what the problem is.

Some issues of cant call or can't browse could be generic. In such cases, affected sample numbers are forwarded to the appropriate quarters for prompt resolution & you might not get an immediate solution. Isolated or peculiar cases could be resolved on the spot

For missing airtime, most times you guys call immediately it happens and the best an agent could do is to pacify you and ask you to call back since that event has not been uploaded on
the system.

You must be an agent! Nice piece.
Poor customer service is a reflection of some of our failures as a country. You all know exactly what I mean.
No need to mention the customer service agents' welfare, its unimaginable!
Its a failed state we run, we will continue to have setbacks as a result of our negative action or inaction. Except the country is made better...

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by idrees244(m): 12:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
na wa for mtn workers oo[color=#006600][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] shocked
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by ujahboy(m): 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
If u want them to call you back just go to their Facebook site and insult the hell out of them, i bet you they will personally call u back. I have done that many times especially when they charged my account while i still have mb. Very annoying ppl.

The worst of all is tell you; thank you for chosen MThiefN

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by noskybanj(m): 12:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
MTN. Just lost my MTN line nd guess what, am nt really bothered abt it. Now am on Airtel n Etisalat.
Can't av high BP cos am using dat yellow network.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by leonshom(m): 12:55pm On Dec 31, 2013
Mtn customer care agents r so stupid and useless !!
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by funshybam(m): 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2013
alcuin: They are just bunch of id.iots.
Just fews days I called them to inquire abt smartphone data plans and prices. The first cc agent told me it was 260mb for 1k, she even sent me the shortcodes for activation. When I activated, I saw 160mb. I called back again to complain why i didn't see 260mb, the second cc agent told me its not 260mb but 100mb, I told her I got 160mb, she was confused and she said the extra 60mb was bonus. She even said the first cc agent is wrong and that the 260mb is data cap....I asked her when what she meant, she just ended the call. I was like "how the hell will cc agents not know about the company's services?"

Airtel's own is worst. They will just tell you that the application to access your problem is currently being upgraded so call back later. Call them in the next two months, you will hear the same line.

In fact, all of dem dey craze....

hi bro, sorry for the trouble.
Actually, we sell the 100mb for 1k, but, we give you a bonus of 160%(160mb). However, It doesn't mean that we depleted the bonus faster than the main data.

to check the main data(100mb) balance, SEND 2 TO 131

To check the bonus data, dial *559*2#

we however take from your bonus before we go into your main data account......also note that both main and bonus have same validity period.

sorry for the pains bro....you can pm me for my mail/number for speedy issue resolutions
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by todayguest(m): 1:14pm On Dec 31, 2013
Their problem is, when they don't know the solution or have a convincing response, they tell you, they're not with the system. If you ask two agents one question. You're sure to get two different answers. Some are really poorly trained.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by nenergy(m): 1:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
This is my personal opinion to help you get the best out of a customer care agent. I am currently an online CCR in the industry, so I can relate with how you feel.

Now to the koko....

1. Remove your phone from speaker or hands free when calling your network's customer service. These cause interference which makes it difficult for agents to hear details of your compliant. Radio and TV stations tell their viewers/listeners to turn down volume of their terminals. So please do same when calling.

2. Denial of service or down time is an inevitable occurrence. It is upsetting and can cause you to tell anybody to go and die.lol Feel free to state your case with 'seriousness' and vituperation , but pad it with courtesy. Your attitude towards the challenge will INSPIRE the agent to go the extra mile for you. I lost my lost my phone during the fuel subsidy. I was job-hunting then, so when my welcome back didn't work after 5 days I naturally got upset called the customer care, the first 2 did their best and pacified me. The last one I called thanked me for my patience and understanding , followed up the issue even when she wasn't on duty and updated me daily using her private line. The issue was resolved and we are friends till today.

3. Please understand that call centres are operated shift based, hence different people attend to you at different times. So don't be annoyed at having to restate your challenges over and over.

4. When we say "we are working on it" ; WE ( the engineers, not the CCRs) are indeed working on it. When a CCR is unable to resolve a problem on the call, it is forwarded to the engineers.

5. When your airtime is missing and we say "please call back"; i doesn't mean we are dodging. It simply because the necessary details for verification aren't available YET. Just like banks will ask you to come back on 5 working days for undispensed cash walaha at ATMs.

Finally, the day we stop having problems is the day we stop having solutions and that's the day we stop learning. No GSM company is downtime free. But constant and never-ending improvement is assured.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 31, 2013
charlezok:

Sorry Bro!

Don't blame the Agents, Blame MTN for putting them in a tight situation.

But with this your accent, who in 9ja will attend to you? Wake up bro and face reality.
I can buy you a dictionary to look up the word accent ok? When you want to appear smart, do it smartly. Dunce
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 31, 2013
tayour917i:

Bravo, I salute your intelligence, the write-up shows how he communicate with the CC people but anyway, these CC guys have their flaws.
ur are not sharp, smart, intelligent and brillant, u are a dunce, dolt and etc.
Didnt you read the part where I gave an excuse for my vulgarity nd incoherence?
I might need to borrow u some eye lenses, ITK
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by ddjay: 1:39pm On Dec 31, 2013
nouveaux: I'm boilling right now so wont go into epistle.

Firstly, the [agents] are high on some thick accent that just put you off!

Now, the main thing, when ever you call them to resolve some issues which they arent capable, they form 'bad network' and tell you they are goin to disconnect the call because of that.(thats if they are polite otherwise, they will hang up on u). [Expletive]!

It's a trend, some even shout at you or try to make you seem unintelligent so they can cover up their ignorance.

Why cant MTN recruit intellectuals, polite and couth individuals?

Must they recruit [redacted] like some people here on NL that I wont mention their monicker?

The ladies are lazy! I wonder if the manager is [pleasing the,] whenever they attend to queries. They keep moaning in [tribal] accent annoyingly!

Someone should talk to them, I wish they see this, cause I just wonder why Nigeria is like this.

I'm not coherent cos of anger, so will come to modify later but bottom line is MTN customer care agents are [insultive labels]

Aint scared of no generalization, insult me, I dont look like I care anyways.

Merry New Year in Advance and Happy Xmas in Arrears. **Pun or Sacarsm not intended**
dia is a diff btw a staff and a contract staff.ds cc agents are outsourced to some crap company dt would prefare to recruit piple dt will accept small salary weda wit fake cert or no cert.infact tell cssnl dat u can do d cc job for 15/20, den ur own na confirm employment even if ur entire life na for village
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Gadex: 1:48pm On Dec 31, 2013
Most of dis problems boils down to d systemic failure in dis country,no body is talkin abt d workin conditions of dese CCR.d agents r not directly MTN staff dey r employed by anoda conpany called CNSSL which is owned by MTN top shots,on each agent dis company gets more dan half of d salary.check dese
-all d agents r graduates BSc or HND
-u r trained for just 10 days
-jos call centre has more agents dan all oda centres combined yet dey were payed 35k while odas r payed up to 80k
-u work for at least six hrs with 30mins break n u continue talkin for d entire six hrs u only rest for 15 seconds bfo anoda call comes in
U work 7 days a week n sumtimes 2 nite shifts in a week.
-dere is no adequate trainin n retrainin so sumtimes u r completely handicapped as to wot to do wen a complaint comes
A lot of tins r wrong wit d system in haus.sometimes I wonder if MTN really take dis customer service seriously.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by fokay: 1:52pm On Dec 31, 2013
Wislet: why are MTN data plans sooooo small?

100/160/260mb for #1000?

When Airtel gives 2GB for #1,500?

Wow.

I don't subscribe for their data plans anymore....that's a rip-off.
You are obviously a novice. Airtel does not give you 2GB for 1500. That is their BlackBerry bundle. MTN BlackBerry gives you 3GB for 100 (the same 3GB on the 1000).
The only difference is that you can use Airtel's bb Android. (I heard they've blocked that too).
Airtel give you 200MB for 1000. All telecoms data are the same, the difference is those whose bb work on Android. Get your facts right before typing.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by fokay: 2:08pm On Dec 31, 2013
@OP and all, do you know there is MTN Customer Service thread here in Nairaland?
I am surprised most of you here don't know.
The CC Agent there, JideSM, is doing a great job.

https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/60

He calls when necessary and helps resolve issues.
Also, the fastest and easiest way to get good customer service agents from MTN is through their Twitter handle @MTN180.
Just tweet at them and they will call you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Download Whatsapp On My Samsung E2222. Can Someone Give Me The Clue. / Telcom Firms Shun Isa Pantami’s Data Cut Directive / Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.