Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,677 members, 7,840,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest (6445 Views)

Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 / Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by iice(f): 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2008
Well they are off to getting their gold.

rofl lots of them ooo cheesy cheesy
Hahahahah abeg phelps go go go grin cheesy grin
Na the aussie women i wan see - those people can swim!!

What is up next?

I watched part of the volleyball, but i nor like volleyball that much. - Something that all the females in my family can play except me cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by mukina2: 5:41pm On Aug 10, 2008
Phlelps na winch jo grin

what do u expect? Australia is surrounded by water grin grin water na dere neighbour grin

If this Arab and French people could lower their yelling maybe i'll catch what's up next grin grin

I watched female volley yesterday
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by iice(f): 5:46pm On Aug 10, 2008
Mehn, i remember when Thorpe used to rule
Abeg phelps na my fellow mamiwater or erhhh. . .merman cheesy grin
Yes! na why they are awesome in water! best of luck to them wink

Was yesterday's own the chinese and i dont remember who the other was.?
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by mukina2: 5:52pm On Aug 10, 2008
i forget say u sef be water winch tongue

me too my Island go win sontin . afterall we are surrounded by water grin cool

Yeah the Chinese played yesterday both male and female
female won Venezuela and male lost their match to Bulgaria
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by iice(f): 5:55pm On Aug 10, 2008
Ah yeah Venezuela.
Hmmm well they're determined to win alot of medals this olympics grin

Hah, my own planet hopes to win some medals too - equestrian grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by mukina2: 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2008
hmm i like hope grin grin
maybe if them try dem go get rubber medals grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 10, 2008
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by onyinye2(f): 6:22pm On Aug 10, 2008
NO ONE CANT BEAT THAT TEAM USA HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by iice(f): 6:23pm On Aug 10, 2008
rofl, laydee - yes hopes dey high grin grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by Mustay(m): 11:56am On Aug 11, 2008
I'm going for France's Monfils today in the Men's tennis.

It's gonna be interesting cool
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by gabelogan(m): 12:42pm On Aug 11, 2008
onyinye2:

NO ONE CANT BEAT THAT TEAM USA HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if its the male basketball team you are talking about, hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm. that team seems to have an achiles heel. they dont shoot very well.

they were just stronger and more athletic than the chineese (as most blacks are when compared to asians). if they play a team with bulk and strenght, the USA will find it very difficult to win. they were really dissapointing with their outside shooting.

i think Greece or Spain would give the USA a very tough time.

that lebron james is just a freaking monster
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by hollandis(f): 2:28pm On Aug 11, 2008
cant still believe the way the Ghanian knocked out our own naija in the boxing event.The commentator labeled him a dancing chicken as for me sha him na dancing fowl
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by onyinye2(f): 2:34pm On Aug 11, 2008
Oh quiet Gabe tongue Team USA is the BEST!!!!!!! Did you watch the 4x100 relay yesterday? WE WON GOLD!!!!!!! It was BEAUTIFUL. It was SPECTACULAR. It was simply USA TALENT!!!!!
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by Mustay(m): 2:50pm On Aug 11, 2008
hollandis:

can't still believe the way the Ghanian knocked out our own naija in the boxing event.The commentator labeled him a dancing chicken as for me sha him na dancing fowl

and another Nigerian will be facing a cuban!
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by hollandis(f): 2:51pm On Aug 11, 2008
onyinye2:

Oh quiet Gabe tongue Team USA is the BEST!!!!!!! Did you watch the 4x100 relay yesterday? WE WON GOLD!!!!!!! It was BEAUTIFUL. It was SPECTACULAR. It was simply USA TALENT!!!!!

which one is "we"?Or have you joined the likes of francis obikwelu,mary umeh and philips idowu?  angry
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by onyinye2(f): 2:52pm On Aug 11, 2008
hollandis:

which one is "we"?Or have you joined the likes of francis obikwelu,mary umeh and philips idowu?  angry
"WE" as in Citizens of USA.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by hollandis(f): 2:53pm On Aug 11, 2008
Mustay:

and another Nigerian will be facing a cuban!

Are you kidding me?
Tell me its a joke
well if it isnt,two down ,three boxers to go undecided sad angry
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by hollandis(f): 2:54pm On Aug 11, 2008
onyinye2:

"WE" as in Citizens of USA.
na ur wahala be that,quietly go to other blogspots and sites e.g voa angry
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by onyinye2(f): 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2008
hollandis:

na your wahala be that,quietly go to other blogspots and sites e.g voa angry
Why because I support The Great Team USA?
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by hollandis(f): 3:02pm On Aug 11, 2008
onyinye2:

Why because I support The Great Team USA?
Great team indeed
They are being overtaken on the medal list

latest results
china 9
korea 4
ur great team 3(lol) tongue
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by onyinye2(f): 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2008
Oh don't worry about Gold medals. Just wait till Track and Field comes to play. Watch The Incredible Team USA win multiple Golds.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by Mustay(m): 3:10pm On Aug 11, 2008
Andy Murray is beaten 6-7 (5/7) 4-6 by Chinese Taipei's Lu Yen-Hsun in the first round of the men's singles at the Olympics.

Hooray cool cool tongue
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by Mustay(m): 3:12pm On Aug 11, 2008
hollandis:

Are you kidding me?
Tell me its a joke
well if it isnt,two down ,three boxers to go undecided sad angry

If the guy is not prepared, for the sake of Nigeria; let him just walk out and accept defeat instead of mourning his "loss" gamely and physically
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by hollandis(f): 3:15pm On Aug 11, 2008
track and field for USA Joke of the year
Up dream team IV  sorry up Team Nigeria

Mustay:

If the guy is not prepared, for the sake of Nigeria; let him just walk out and accept defeat instead of mourning his "loss" gamely and physically
You got a point there
It could be TKO number 2 against nigeria
leaving the remaining boxers to be pumulled at the hands of their opponents
why cuba sef/ angry
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by Mustay(m): 3:23pm On Aug 11, 2008
onyinye2:

Oh don't worry about Gold medals. Just wait till Track and Field comes to play. Watch The Incredible Team USA win multiple Golds.

hope it's not a case where after 4 years, the medal will be given to another nation due to drug wahala tongue
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by onyinye2(f): 3:36pm On Aug 11, 2008
Mustay:

hope it's not a case where after 4 years, the medal will be given to another nation due to drug wahala tongue
If you were smart enough to read, you would know that USA only got in trouble for drugs for swimming in the Olympics this year. While China had multiple.

hollandis:

track and field for USA Joke of the year
Up dream team IV  sorry up Team Nigeria
You got a point there
It could be TKO number 2 against nigeria
leaving the remaining boxers to be pumulled at the hands of their opponents
why cuba sef/ angry
What you are comparing Nigerian Track and Field to USA. No offense but Nigeria hasn't won NOTHING this century. While USA holds the most medals won in history and holds the majority of the World Records.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by Mustay(m): 5:26pm On Aug 11, 2008
onyinye2:

If you were smart enough to read, you would know that USA only got in trouble for drugs for swimming in the Olympics this year. While China had multiple.
What you are comparing Nigerian Track and Field to USA. No offense but Nigeria hasn't won NOTHING this century. While USA holds the most medals won in history and holds the majority of the World Records.

Smart missus.

Am referring to the 4 by 400 relay in the Sydney olympics 8 years ago shocked shocked
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by onyinye2(f): 5:27pm On Aug 11, 2008
Mustay:

Smart missus.

Am referring to the 4 by 400 relay in the Sydney olympics 8 years ago shocked shocked
Im talking about this year. Upgrade yourself.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by Mustay(m): 5:34pm On Aug 11, 2008
LEMME UPGRADE YOU

[url=http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article02//indexn2_html?pdate=110808&ptitle=Eight%20years%20after,%20Nigeria%20wins%20Sydney%20Olympic%20Gold]Eight years after, Nigeria wins Sydney Olympic Gold[/url]

They definitely won't go back to Sydney to receive a presentation again.

So if US is caught cheating again, do we wait till 2016 again?
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by iice(f): 5:37pm On Aug 11, 2008
Yes! six more medals for my man kiss kiss

Loved the butterfly stroke!! The best do it the way it should be grin cheesy grin

China ooo, slow down on the gold na tongue

Muki, i watched the weightlifting for women oooo - lawdy, see thigh and back muscles grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by onyinye2(f): 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2008
@Mustay
So Nigeria won by default, oh well. Come back to me when they win a medal on their own.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 11, 2008
@oyinye
Check this out:

Karolyi accuses Chinese of age-old problem

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/gymnastics/news;_ylt=Am5wGrlXLRsYRH4Wb2cGhcmVTZd4?slug=dw-underage081108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Though this is embarassing, this young ladies should be commended! So young, yet so flexible. damn!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Bet Many People Didn't See This During The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match / Mesut Ozil Vs Paul Pogba ( Who Is Better???) / Double Impact: Meet Marouane Fellaini's Twin Brother! (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.