Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,926 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Economic Hardship : Fedrick Onuigbo Set Himself Ablaze In Abuja - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Hardship : Fedrick Onuigbo Set Himself Ablaze In Abuja (5471 Views)

APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio / Breaking News: INEC Office Set Ablaze In Rivers / Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economic Hardship : Fedrick Onuigbo Set Himself Ablaze In Abuja by maasoap(m): 10:22am On Jan 01, 2014
careytommy: ive said it before:
only a coward will bring 7 innocent children to this world to suffer and then take the easy way out.
You mean the same way Ojukwu started civil war in 1967, got millions of his people killed only for him to take the easy way out. Except that this man called Onuigbo put up some "courage" to end it all rather than jetting out in woman's skirt. Thank God Onuigbo didn't take the innocent children of his with himself.

1 Like

Re: Economic Hardship : Fedrick Onuigbo Set Himself Ablaze In Abuja by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 01, 2014
Am sure the man...the wife and any eligible among the children must have voted for GEJ in 2011.

While GEJ won and could afford to feed TWO ANIMALS with several millions Of Naira....this man couldn't afford a roof over his head nor several hundred of kobo to feed his own SEVEN CHILDREN...

That is the different tales of TWO ANIMALS and SEVEN CHILDREN..

2 Likes

Re: Economic Hardship : Fedrick Onuigbo Set Himself Ablaze In Abuja by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 01, 2014
Na wa o.
Re: Economic Hardship : Fedrick Onuigbo Set Himself Ablaze In Abuja by cbrass(m): 10:32am On Jan 01, 2014
phase1:

Hey boy, you may not be able to stand the heat that you bring upon yourself in an attempt to tribalize this thread.....Be guided.

RIP to the Dead
en got it wrong sef..the person na colonel cheesy

what heat did he mention any name he ev
Re: Economic Hardship : Fedrick Onuigbo Set Himself Ablaze In Abuja by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 01, 2014
Thanks and I wish you a prosperous 2014 in return. Hope you out of the hospital?

lynpetra:

Hey smarty!Happy New year!!Wishing u d very best this yr
Re: Economic Hardship : Fedrick Onuigbo Set Himself Ablaze In Abuja by mikeywise(m): 10:45am On Jan 01, 2014
I dont know how most people reason on this forum. We have to condemn what is bad, is he the only one that faced hardship? There are people out there that he was better than.
How can he bring 7 innocent children into this world and commit suicide? Who will now provide for them? This is really sad.
Re: Economic Hardship : Fedrick Onuigbo Set Himself Ablaze In Abuja by maclatunji: 10:57am On Jan 01, 2014
This story is awful. I once told the Minister of Finance in writing that her presenting figures of economic growth is useless in the face of Nigerians facing hardship especially in terms of unemployment.
Re: Economic Hardship : Fedrick Onuigbo Set Himself Ablaze In Abuja by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 01, 2014
smartchoice: Thanks and I wish you a prosperous 2014 in return. Hope you out of the hospital?

Not yet,by evening I hope.

1 Like

Re: Economic Hardship : Fedrick Onuigbo Set Himself Ablaze In Abuja by Danhumprey: 11:55am On Jan 01, 2014
lynpetra:

Not yet,by evening I hope.
What? You were hospitalised and you never cared to inform me? Why? sad
Re: Economic Hardship : Fedrick Onuigbo Set Himself Ablaze In Abuja by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 01, 2014
Danhumprey: What? You were hospitalised and you never cared to inform me? Why? sad
LOL .Am getting better. wink smiley
Re: Economic Hardship : Fedrick Onuigbo Set Himself Ablaze In Abuja by strangest(m): 2:35pm On Jan 01, 2014
faceURfront: 7kids....smh. Some people just bring problems on themselves.
lol.. And na GEj get blame
Re: Economic Hardship : Fedrick Onuigbo Set Himself Ablaze In Abuja by qtx(m): 3:25pm On Jan 01, 2014
ceah: For Okonko Iweala and Jonathan, the economy is growing in aso Rock and they have created 1.6M jobs in Aso rock while Nigerias whallow in hunger and poverty. In the USA, unemployed citizens are paid about 1, 600 USA monthly as grant , that is about 250k. In Nigeria the
president uses about 200 Million to make his garden, 560 Million to eat and drink while civil servanys earn 18K and more than 70% are not employed and cannot even earn 18K a month. To this Igbo man, na em brother be president ohhh. like Pennsylvania, New Jersey and
Kentucky, benefits tend to be significantly higher and come closer to meeting the standard of living that workers might have grown accustomed to. New Jersey, for example, offers maximum jobless benefits of $598 a week, nearly twice the national average.

This was on AIT network news yesterday and the AIT reporter actually shared it on facebook with the post below " ejection threat from the Landlord; 7 Children out of school; Mother's Corpse in the mortuary; no single food in his house; lost his business; faced with loan
repayment from microfinance bank.... all hope was lost and Mr. Fedrick Onuigbo succumbed to economic threat in Nigeria. on 23rd Dec. when arrangement was in top gear for the yuletide for many families, the families of Onuigbo was thrown into mourning as the "Bread Winner" decided to end it all by himself. He walked out of his house at early hour (6 am), bought fuel and set himself ablaze behind NNPC Filling Station in Gwarimpa Abuja.

According to the family members, Late Fredrick could no longer understand the definition of "Economic Growth" on the pages of newspaper and Television. He wondered why "Economic Growth" is no longer about food on table, roof above the head, affordable medical facilities, good education.... he was caught in the web of economic depreciation which has been choking him for years now.
Similar incidence happened in Tunisia and had resulted in revolution and change in governance.

THIS IS PATHETIC -

though its pathetic seeing the man ending his own life this way and leaving these kids for the woman alone to face.
however,all over the world people commit suicide daily, even in developed and stable economies of the world, USA, BRITAIN, GERMANY, JAPAN , CHINA RUSSIA, ETC. lets stop being shallow minded. Or are we saying gej is still the one ruling those countries as well.
if corpse can be asked questions i would have asked him - what he was thinking giving birth to 7 children without reliable means of livelihood and who he thinks will take care of the kids he is abandoning and cowardly dieing away.
there are some people in this country that are passing tru worse situations than the one faced by d victim yet they look around trying do any little thing around for survival.
mind you, i am not trying to hold brief for the govt.
i have seen responsible and serious minded men relocating their families to the village to stay back and hustle and see if things will get better then they go and recover them. in short i can go on and on. for all i care that man didnt grant any press briefing b4 his death so no one is really sure of his reason for taking his own God given life hence people should stop blaming the govt unnecessarily. Q.E.D
Re: Economic Hardship : Fedrick Onuigbo Set Himself Ablaze In Abuja by deepwaters(f): 8:28am On Jan 02, 2014
I have most of the details of this incident.The man didnt burn himself to protest the country's economic problems per se. He just couldnt bear to watch his family suffer all sorts and be unable to help. His wife, sister and other persons said he had been making statements like I'm tired, this is too much for me, I can't live to see my people homeless etc., while crying like a child. I guess he needed a good counsellor/psychologist at that time, but he didn't have access to such.
Re: Economic Hardship : Fedrick Onuigbo Set Himself Ablaze In Abuja by ceah(m): 8:42am On Jan 02, 2014
The Revolution might start earlier than expected...

Government should start doing the right thing before the poor got nothing else to eat than start eating the rich.
Re: Economic Hardship : Fedrick Onuigbo Set Himself Ablaze In Abuja by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 02, 2014
ceah: The Revolution might start earlier than expected...

Government should start doing the right thing before the poor got nothing else to eat than start eating the rich.

It has started already bro,am just watching this nation with keen eyes,passport ready! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau: Jonathan Last Election Trump Card Against Buhari / West African Cities At Night / OSHAssociation Honours Pauline Tallen, Osita Izunaso, Jim Okolo With Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.