Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,064 members, 7,814,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio (35564 Views)

APC Not Threatened By Planned Mega Party – Oyegun / "We Are Not Responsible For Your Woes" - FG Tells Nigerians / APC Not Managing Victory Well – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by DONSMITH123(m): 12:02pm On Mar 31, 2016
The Senate Minority Leader and member of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Senator Godswill Akpabio has appealed to Nigerians not to blame the current economy woes on the All Progressives Congress, APC, led government.
Addressing journalists in Arochukwu, Abia State, Akpabio said the country’s current economic challenge was a global phenomenon orchestrated by the steady fall in oil prices.

Akpabio who advocated for diversification of the economy said the global economic meltdown is being felt more by Nigerians because the country runs a mono-economy built around oil.

He enjoined the Federal Government to pay attention to other sector of the economy like mining, agricultural and entrepreneurship ventures and as well as foreign direct investment to boost the country’s revenue base.

Akpabio said, “So, what has happened here is that with the massive failure, what we call oil glut in the market, the oil price has reduced below what we expected in the last 20 years. That automatically has affected our economy.

“It has nothing to do with which administration is in power. It has something to do with resources to be able to deliver the dividend of democracy.”

The former Governor while admitting the effect of the harsh economy on the citizenry sued for patience from Nigerians and solicited support for the present administration in the interest of the country.

“The country belongs to all of us and if the country collapses on our heads, it means that we bequeath nothing to our children,” he said.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/31/apc-not-responsible-for-current-economic-hardship-akpabio/

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:05pm On Mar 31, 2016
Make Fayose Catch you...

182 Likes 10 Shares

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by Aufbauh(m): 12:05pm On Mar 31, 2016
True confession from the opposition leader!
Wailers who do you people turn to when the people who can stop you guys from wailing is exactly the same people that are making you guys to wail?

They turned to Government Tompolo, they guy Ben Johnson
They heaped their hope on the almighty Shekau, they guy renounced his mission.

I feel its high time the wailers seek the face of Sat Guru Maharaji for spiritual aid.

143 Likes 10 Shares

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by tsephanyah(f): 12:06pm On Mar 31, 2016
Nigerians have to blame someone or some systems of government. nature Apc PDP as for me I blame Apc for starting jarhead with corrupt maffias, thy will have used gorilla warfare strategy, than starting big-time war with.........PDP that is in government for 16 years and some of the elites change their tiger spot ,disguised as Apc and eliminating any treat to their families in PDP.

proudly PDP and Democrat

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by kolnel: 12:08pm On Mar 31, 2016
Very good if our politicians can say the truth sometimes not even all the time
The current hardship problems we are facing is definitely not Apc party induced
And we naija are very impatient
Nevertheless the Apc should make haste and improve things

34 Likes

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by IVORY2009(m): 12:09pm On Mar 31, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Make Fayose Catch you...
you don reach here... shocked

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by OnankpaBa(m): 12:10pm On Mar 31, 2016
Chai, Fayose and all the wailers are you there?

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by Goke7: 12:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
Akpabio don fall wailers hand o, chai

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by OnankpaBa(m): 12:12pm On Mar 31, 2016
Nigerians. Truth hurts. Can you go to Senate now and cough? or can you even stand in his front and insult him? only on nairaland. pele. cheesy

Almajiri1:
You are part of the problem. Once the economy collapses on Buhari and APC, We shall hunt all of una and dish jungle justice.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by Almajiri1: 12:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
OnankpaBa:

Nigerians. Truth hurts. Can you go to Senate now and cough? or can you even stand in his front and insult him? only on nairaland. pele. cheesy

Are you saying he never stole?
Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
Every reasonable nigerians knows what akpabio said is the truth
But Fayose,and Wailers wont like this
very soon you start hearing akpabio is yoruba,who take akpabio serious these days

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by vedaxcool(m): 12:14pm On Mar 31, 2016
You are not saying anything new, but reiterating points clearly espoused before which dollops heads of class wailing zombies have unstable cerebellum to intelligently comprehend.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by DONSMITH123(m): 12:15pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hagm0nd:

Every reasonable nigerians knows what akpabio said is the truth
But Wailers wont like this

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by OsusuMustFlow(f): 12:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
This man don fall my hand

2 Likes

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by OnankpaBa(m): 12:18pm On Mar 31, 2016
I never said that. But are you telling us that Akpabio is not saying the truth?

Almajiri1:

Are you saying he never stole?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by OnankpaBa(m): 12:19pm On Mar 31, 2016
NO! Your leg go soon join cheesy

OsusuMustFlow:

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by stephnie1(f): 12:21pm On Mar 31, 2016
cheesy
Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by modath(f): 12:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Make Fayose Catch you...

Miss Ngene, nor injure my ribs abeg!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

No be only Fayose, if Ben obamanikoro & our black Jews pless am, he go moo like cow! cheesy

OsusuMustFlow:

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by stephnie1(f): 12:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
lalasticlala food don come for wailers o

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by MrALIVE: 12:23pm On Mar 31, 2016
Almajiri1:
You are part of the problem. Once the economy collapses on Buhari and APC, We shall hunt all of una and dish jungle justice.
look at him dishing out empty threat! Freedom of speech I guess but that is not a licence to make threatening and treasonable statements

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by gen2briz(m): 12:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
I don hear ooo
Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by malton: 12:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
Good one, Akpabio!

I've always liked the man.

Destructive criticism will do us no good at all.

The misguided and ignorant will beg to differ though. They wouldn't mind the country burning down to the ground just so they could say 'I talk am!'...

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by CutieFloxy(f): 12:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
Iffahear...... I need milk please

1 Like

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by drnairalov: 12:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
lies I voted GEJ out because I'm tired of power bank Now i have 3 power banks cry cry cry pls why??

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by sibepoc(m): 12:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
So who is responsible please? Cos very soon majority of Nigerians will begin to commit suicide. The life in Nigeria now is hell on earth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
Wow my respect for this man just dey increase ooo

if una like make una call am thief, I love this man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by Angelb4: 12:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
PDP factional leader talking...
Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by Hadone(m): 12:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by Guyman02: 12:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
He is afraid of DSS invading the Akwa Ibom Govt house again and harassing the House members. His money in Dubai is also under threat so he has to start zombieing small small.

Since I have no fuel in my car I had to use the last drop in the generator to get to work. Na APC cause am.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by steph2sweet(f): 12:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
Story, so we should blame you rather. Many Nigerians are not gullible and blind, if they are working well, there will be no need to blame them.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio by Sasuwa(f): 12:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
Fayose, Ipop youths, and wailers be like ' akpabio why?

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beautiful Picture Of Buhari With Dolapo Osinbajo At Ogun State Rally / Faces Of Salkida, Bolori, Wakil Wanted By Nigerian Army Over Boko Haram Video / Amaechi Inspects Lekki Deep Sea Port,lagos(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.