Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Forex Trading - Season 14 - Business (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading - Season 14 (315096 Views)

Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 / Forex Trading - Season 15 / Forex Trading - Season 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (230) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by viazi: 8:36pm On Sep 28, 2014
Private trainer needed in Abuja urgently. Advice needed too. ALPARI asked me to pay 25k for a week training. U guys should pls advice me or I GO VEX PAY ALPARI 25K ohh. viaziconcepts@gmail.com 07055529276
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
viazi: Private trainer needed in Abuja urgently. Advice needed too. ALPARI asked me to pay 25k for a week training. U guys should pls advice me or I GO VEX PAY ALPARI 25K ohh. viaziconcepts@gmail.com 07055529276
vex nau... na our money. do whatever u wish. even one month training wont make u a trader... it a long lonely n deranging road

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
cryptography:

the mathematical law if compounding interest......... yeah............................... but a pwmerson would need a 98% working strategy
its not really abt d strategy, its about d trader.... any good trader wud do dat..
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
toyo4souls: Another. Any comment
u r trading out of fear even on demo... it can get better sha.. d difference is just 1 or 2 pips profits on average.... am not a fan of demo sha... i dey shine for dere but my psychology isnt tested dere n dats d real deal..
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 28, 2014
Happy new piping week ya all.. may d greens be with you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Shevychen2: 10:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
mez:
Good job. Keep it up and remember the principles that netted the pips when you eventually go live.

This is the best response to that guy's question.

Wonder why everyone is dismissing demo trading like its rubbish. It is exactly the same market. Difference is no emotions and people trading demo without a fixed set of rules.

If you can get a set of rules.. Try it on demo for a month before going live with the same exact rules and keep your emotions in check you are ok.

Having said that.. That guy's demo account shows a lack of strategy. Unsustainable.

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Shevychen2: 10:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
fxbomovi: on a serious note: it is possible. it will only take time.

Very possible but you go surprise say e wan do am in one year.. grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by willscolf: 11:16pm On Sep 28, 2014
Shevychen2:

This is the best response to that guy's question.

Wonder why everyone is dismissing demo trading like its rubbish. It is exactly the same market. Difference is no emotions and people trading demo without a fixed set of rules.

If you can get a set of rules.. Try it on demo for a month before going live with the same exact rules and keep your emotions in check you are ok.

Having said that.. That guy's demo account shows a lack of strategy. Unsustainable.
not as if evrybody is agnst demo,jst dat d major key in suceedin in dis biz is d ability 2 control d emotions nd dat happens only wen ur hard earned money is on d line(live account).4rm my own opinion 1 nid 2 channel 80% of his expertise in harnessing his emotions especially in events of losses nd d oda 20% on a nice strategy 2 stand a chance 2 make it in trading.however jst i use 2 say,no new trader really understands dis notion until he or she has experienced it(d blowing of accounts)
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by mez(m): 11:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
fxbomovi: I didn't see it! fxbom @ ovi.com

I've sent it again.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by caesaraba(m): 4:02am On Sep 29, 2014
caesaraba:

NZD govt fundamentals. I think after clearing .8100 (NU) is going to keep flying downwards till 0.7700 (last year's low) at least since technically there's no viable resistance in sight, dance small alanta and maybe turn around and off to .8800 (trade of life) we go. MHO sha o.

shocked See flight upon market open na! If 0.7700 doesn't hold, then it should be on to .7500 (low of 2012).

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by fxbomovi: 5:43am On Sep 29, 2014
mez:

I've sent it again.
thanks a lot for the materials and special thanks for mentioning Chris capre. have been devouring his site since yesterday and have learnt so much from him.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 29, 2014
naijababe:

grin grin grin grin As far as a demo account is concerned, we are all super traders grin
abi o madam...infact live acct bring our emotions alive! on a more serious note i noticed while trading on those big demo accts it was like playing computer games! no emotions whatsoever grin grin

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by infofirst(m): 7:42am On Sep 29, 2014
Lets call a spade a spade, this market is too tough to give sugar coated comments, lets bash him so that he will decide to stay or not, dear, you are going to lose lots of money in this business so do not listen to those that claimed you will be come rich over night, many are losing accounts and getting poorer in this business and that thou does not mean you will be one of them but the chances that you will be is very high, so i challenge you to go study hard and smart, do extra ordinary things that most traders will not do in the business and you probably can then stand a chance.

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by infofirst(m): 7:43am On Sep 29, 2014
[b]Hello friends...!
I just have an interesting conversation with the "Market" few minutes ago while my account is gasping for it's last breath in the (ICU). Here it is...

Market: Hey...what's up Nikki?
Nikki: Grrrr...my account is in bad shape! How can you be so cruel to me!?
Market:Lol...I'ts not my fault am just doing my job... (grinning...)...It's all your fault because you keep repeating old mistake in your trading.
Nikki: Why do you always have so be unpredictable Why can't you just create an spike upward so that I can save my account?
Market: Lol...not gonna happen Nikki...not at this time. You have to know that hope and miracles does not always happens in forex. In forex..." It's either you get in at the right time or at the wrong time...so always be ready for the aftermath. Grow up Nikki...! ( the market suddenly open the door to the ICU...)

Nikki: Where are you going?
Market: It's about time to let your account die...
Nikki: Please....don't do this! Let my account survive just this once...pleaseeeeeeee.......
Market: Nah...your tears and begging has no meaning to me. It's about time to pull the plug and laid your account to rest....I still have thousands of account to collect, am busy you know?
Nikki: *sigh* Can I just say Goodbye to my account? Pls?
Market: Go ahead...say your last word....
Nikki went inside and hug her account for the last time..." Rest in Peace my dear...give my regards and love to your brothers and sisters who already perished like you. Tell them am sorry I wasn't able to take care of them the proper way just like the way I do to you now..."

Market: Awww...so touching! Am going on now and your account is mine"
Nikki: Wait! Before you go...can you pleased tell me what is the secret to success in trading?

The Market, stop walking and face Nikki once again....it whispered something in her ears. Whatever it is...It somehow bring a smile to her sad face." See you next time Nikki..." he grinned and wave goodbye!

* End *

Source:http://forum.mt5.com/showthread.php?94496-MT5-Real-Warriors/page44[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Kirinwa: 7:54am On Sep 29, 2014
Just like I forcasted

GA sellstop @ 1.8600
SL 1.8650
TP. Discretion

GJ sellstop @ 177.50
SL 178.00
TP discretion
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by seyejohn94: 8:10am On Sep 29, 2014
infofirst:
Market: Awww...so touching! Am going on now and your account is mine"
Nikki: Wait! Before you go...can you pleased tell me what is the secret to success in trading?

The Market, stop walking and face Nikki once again....it whispered something in her ears. Whatever it is...It somehow bring a smile to her sad face." See you next time Nikki..." he grinned and wave goodbye!

* End *

am sure d mkt said trade like a sniper i.e dont follow every move

happy trading...

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by infofirst(m): 8:28am On Sep 29, 2014
seyejohn94:

am sure d mkt said trade like a sniper i.e dont follow every move

happy trading...
Smile

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 29, 2014
MrNiceGuy4: its not really abt d strategy, its about d trader.... any good trader wud do dat..

very correct
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by fxbomovi: 9:41am On Sep 29, 2014
Trading Like A Sniper – What It Really Means

About three days ago, I was given an
interesting question by a student. They asked
the following;

“Out of curiosity, how many trades do you take
in a month? Is it like sniper trades, as in one
trade a week or so?”

After reading the question, I realized they had
a confused assumption about what it actually
means to trade like a sniper.

There have been
all kinds of articles written around this vein,
such as trade like a sniper, not a machine
gunner. It should be known that if there are
machine gunner traders out there, they are
HFT’s. And FYI – the top HFT firms are
making millions, but I digress.

The Confusion

There seems to be this confusion trading like a
sniper means you only trade a few times a
week, perhaps even a handful a month. This is
furthered by the idea of only trading on higher
time frames, such as the daily and 4hr charts .
But this is highly inaccurate of what it means
to trade like a sniper.

Now, before we get into the subject and how it
has nothing to do with time frames, I’d like to
share a few interesting facts about snipers.

Fact #1:
Most snipers going through training will fire
1000′s of rounds. This is referred to as their
‘rounds down range‘ training. General
estimates are about 1800-2000 rounds over a
35 day period. If you do the math, that’s
about 50+ shots per day every day for 35 days
straight.

Now try and bridge the gap for the daily chart
trader that only does 2-3 trades per week,
maybe 5-6 per month. At that pace, a daily
chart trader doing 10 trades per month on
average would have to trade for +180 months
(or 15 years) before they accumulate the same
amount of basic training a typical sniper does
in 35 days.

There is a reason in sniper training you do so
many shots in a day. Because shooting only
2-3 per week doesn’t build your skill set. In
fact, for 99.99% of all skill based endeavors,
executing something only 2-3x per week will
not build your skill set. Trading is no
exception.

You cannot fire three shots in a week and
expect to be proficient. You cannot do three
free throws and expect to be a good free throw
shooter. Why would you ever expect this to be
the same for trading?

However, doing
something over and over again dozens of
times a day does build your skill set.
building your skill set -

Keep in mind, a sniper doesn’t just do their
2000 rounds and stop shooting from there.
They continually train day in-day out to
sharpen their skill, shooting dozens of times
per day. Thus, before a sniper will ever be
given that chance to make a single shot in a
real world situation, they will have taken
thousands of shots prior. Food for thought.

Fact #2:
Sometimes you will have to pull the trigger
quite often as a sniper. Some examples of
famous snipers in history;

1) Simo Hayha – had 505 confirmed sniper
kills in the Winter War, which lasted only 100
days. Do the math: 505 kills over 100 days =
5.5 kills per day. Obviously quite active on a
daily basis.

2) Vasily Zaytsev – over 225 kills over a 5
week period during the Battle of Stalingrad:
225 kills / 35 days = 6.42 kills per day. Again,
quite active on a daily basis.

3) Clive Hulme – Fought in the Battle of Crete
(11 days), and is credited with 33 confirmed
kills (of German Snipers!): 33 /11 days = 3 per
day.

What does all this mean? When engaged in an
active environment, they can and will pull the
trigger many times.

Translating This to Trading
Anyone who is properly trained will find
several high quality signals a day. Only
someone who is improperly trained will be
unable to trade below the 4hr or 1hr charts.
This idea of only trading on the higher time
frames to be a sniper trader is a confused
logic. If you have setups according to your
system, you pull the trigger – period. If that
happens 1x / day, or 10x / day, its irrelevant.
And do you really think bank traders are being
paid to sit on their hands all day to only trade
2-3x per week? Do you think prop-traders are
only pulling the trigger a few times throughout
the week? In what fantasy-land does that
world exist?

I consider myself a ‘sniper’ in terms of
trading. I observe, I stalk, I study my targets,
and when the opportunity arises, I pull the
trigger. On average, this happens to me 3-5x
per day, sometimes over 10 trades in a really
active day.
If you are actively engaging multiple markets,
there is no reason why you shouldn’t be
finding several high probability setups every
day. Even if you just focused on forex, across
the most liquid pairs daily, you could easily
trade several times per day.

The ‘Noise’ Argument

One thing commonly heard from the trade like
a sniper camp is anything below the 1hr chart
is just ‘noise‘. I have one thing to say to this;
Put me in some strange country on a busy
street where everyone is speaking a foreign
language. Most of what I will hear will be
‘noise’. Now give me 6 months to learn that
language, and it will no longer be ‘noise’, but
a conversation full of information.

What is the difference between the noise I
heard earlier, and the conversations I clearly
hear later? Training. What seemed like ‘noise’
on that 30m or 5m chart will start to sound
like a conversation – one you can translate.

In Closing

You will not become a ‘sniper’ if you are only
pulling the trigger 2-3x per week. To become
one (or a highly trained individual at
anything), it takes thousands of reps. And it
should be known snipers become less accurate
the longer the distance.
The ‘sniper’ difference comes down to training.
If you do trade on the daily/4hr TF’s only,
there are ways to accelerate your learning
curve. So consider alternative methods to
building your skill set.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by phoenixfx: 10:20am On Sep 29, 2014
i disagree with certain misleading aspects of your post on trading like a sniper. Misleading in the sense that newbies reading this will assume that trading as many as 500 entries per day on a live account will make them a proficient trader only to end up in the red. Yes for professional traders who want to scalp, they can trade even 1 min TF with success and with as much entries as possible buh often in the long run they too discover that the cost of trading this way is also high. Yes to hone one's skills or aim and to have a feel of the market one has to make a test practice but on demo. However, when it comes to live trading pls one or two shots is enough, little stress, little drawdown, etc...why go shoot up everywhere just because u wanna hit something and in a fast moving volatile mkt as ours. Pls FX mkt is not stationary like most sniper targets in war tyms like uve quoted
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by phoenixfx: 10:39am On Sep 29, 2014
[b]The same amount of brain power used in searching for entries in lower TFs is almost the same as the amount used in searching for entries in higher TFs and let me amp it. You end up using MORE MORE MORE brain power searching for entries in lower TFs than in higher TFs. This doesnt make those trading higher TFs to be less proficient but smart. Furthermore, we align ourselves with the MMs of our industry who dont give a crap of your lower TF randomness, sentiments, etc and rake more pips. Ure not grabbing the mkt or bulls by the horns but u allow yourself to be jerked here and there by mkt movt..wat a bully...lol. Even well known professionals that trade lower TF only do so to find entries with small SL and once they enter only once they ignore the trade and let it build up or play out. Lastly, pls comparing noise in fx trading with noise on the streets is a no no 4 me...there are so many factors impressing on the mkt at any given tym most of which u n i may not know or control..ure contending with sentiments of millions of traders around d world on a trillions a day mkt, political influence of so many countries, global macroeconomic variables, broker/MM manipulation, etc.. If u claim u know all these factors then by golly u should be a $billionaire and a MM yourself. Nevertheless, im no author of gloom. Yes money can and is being made by FX traders despite these factors and only way is to learn/hone skills, let the market reveal itself by coming to you, aim, fire and rake in the pips...that is the sniper approach.[/b]
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by fxbomovi: 10:56am On Sep 29, 2014
[quote author=phoenixfx][b]The same amount of brain power used in searching for entries in lower TFs is almost the same as the amount used in searching for entries in higher TFs and let me amp it. You end up using MORE MORE MORE brain power searching for entries in lower TFs than in higher TFs. This doesnt make those trading higher TFs to be less proficient but smart. Furthermore, we align ourselves with the MMs of our industry who dont give a crap of your lower TF randomness, sentiments, etc and rake more pips. Ure not grabbing the mkt or bulls by the horns but u allow yourself to be jerked here and there by mkt movt..wat a bully...lol. Even well known professionals that trade lower TF only do so to find entries with small SL and once they enter only once they ignore the trade and let it build up or play out. Lastly, pls comparing noise in fx trading with noise on the streets is a no no 4 me...there are so many factors impressing on the mkt at any given tym most of which u n i may not know or control..ure contending with sentiments of millions of traders around d world on a trillions a day mkt, political influence of so many countries, global macroeconomic variables, broker/MM manipulation, etc.. If u claim u know all these factors then by golly u should be a $billionaire and a MM yourself. Nevertheless, im no author of gloom. Yes money can and is being made by FX traders despite these factors and only way is to learn/hone skills, let the market reveal itself by coming to you, aim, fire and rake in the pips...that is the sniper approach.[/b][/quote

your post is full of insights and I appreciate it but I think you misunderstood the post.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by caesaraba(m): 10:58am On Sep 29, 2014
All these plenty talk is exactly what makes people fail in forex. Over analyzing things which are quite simple. That little book 7 habits of Highly Succesful Traders pretty much says it all. Keep it simple.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Kirinwa: 11:04am On Sep 29, 2014
phoenixfx: i disagree with certain misleading aspects of your post on trading like a sniper. Misleading in the sense that newbies reading this will assume that trading as many as 500 entries per day on a live account will make them a proficient trader only to end up in the red. Yes for professional traders who want to scalp, they can trade even 1 min TF with success and with as much entries as possible buh often in the long run they too discover that the cost of trading this way is also high. Yes to hone one's skills or aim and to have a feel of the market one has to make a test practice but on demo. However, when it comes to live trading pls one or two shots is enough, little stress, little drawdown, etc...why go shoot up everywhere just because u wanna hit something and in a fast moving volatile mkt as ours. Pls FX mkt is not stationary like most sniper targets in war tyms like uve quoted

I agree with this writeup to a large extent. In forex contentment is a blessing in a market where following every presumed movement will get you 'killed' faster than you imagined.

To me trading like a sniper means taking quality trades just as in the film, "The Patriot" - Aim small,miss small. Coming to the market with a trade plan not just taking anything the market throws at you and yes being a sniper means taking trades from daily, 4 hour and lowest 2 hour time frames which ensures a greater chance at success and thus fewer trades.

Another thing is taking a trade as near a news release as possible. I have tried taking trades while others are sleeping over the years and I can tell you the risk most times is more than the reward. Because 80% of the time its news that determines direction of market. Whether people agree with me or not is irrelevant because what I just wrote is my experience of about 6 years in forex.

The key to success is taking as few trades as possible because there are times you may be wrong but taking your account to another day will guarantee success.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Kirinwa: 11:24am On Sep 29, 2014
Babypips school of pipsology will tell you that a successful trader is one who makes pips, keeps pips and repeats the process. Overtrading will definitely make you fail in keeping pips because as you are trying to take from market, market is also trying to take from you.

Another thing is knowing when there's liquidity in market and when market is tight. Typical example is GJ last week was tight which could be seen from daily candlestick as well as range.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Capitals: 12:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
So I bought GBPUSD at the open and been waiting patiently for it to go up. Already stayed longer than I thought it would but didn't get to my SL too.
#Feeling impatient

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Shevychen2: 12:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
Kirinwa:
Another thing is taking a trade as near a news release as possible. I have tried taking trades while others are sleeping over the years and I can tell you the risk most times is more than the reward. Because 80% of the time its news that determines direction of market. Whether people agree with me or not is irrelevant because what I just wrote is my experience of about 6 years in forex....
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Kirinwa: 12:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
Shevychen2:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Is it your fault? undecided
You must be thinking you are with your mates.

I started forex in 2008 with marketiva during the time of e-bullion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
being a sniper is all what we do. wait for setups.. hw we determine our entry n exist is what deternine d frequency of trade.. if i personally practice Big Boy'z ( he knows himself) type of sniping.. i will loose it n blow my accnt.. d last element i feel am still learning flexibility.. av stop reading books now it says all d same tin..
simple fx rule.. buy/sell bounce back from S/R line.. buy/sell break of R/S.. exit out from a pullback till it over.. but hope n fear.. wil not let us be..
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by arthuryemi(m): 12:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
mez:

I sent some materials on price action to your mail.
Those guys mentioned do not package their courses as PDF. They do live mentoring over secure channels and do not record the sessions. But there's usually enough to glean out from their articles and free videos.

Mr mez, thank u so much, I have received ur mail. with much appreciation, thanks for the links too

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Shevychen2: 2:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
Kirinwa:
Is it your fault? undecided
You must be thinking you are with your mates.
I started forex in 2008 with marketiva during the time of e-bullion.

Look at this big hungry demo trader.. Did I say anything ? Why is your mind pricking you?

I was among the first 50 Alpari UK customers in Nigeria because I didn't like Marketiva platform then so your boasting is rubbish.

It is not when you opened your first account. How many years have you closed with profits? You still don't have a dorm account till date. Lol. Big trader.

6 years experience still you talk and behave as foolishly as a newbie fighting tooth and nail to make his first withdrawal. You begged for money for account funding. You begged people to pay you for training. You cant post consistent two winning trades with proof of entering them on your account.

Better stop fooling yourself and get a life.. Forex is not by force.

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 29, 2014
Shevychen2:

Look at this big hungry demo trader.. Did I say anything ? Why is your mind pricking you?

I was among the first 50 Alpari UK customers in Nigeria because I didn't like Marketiva platform then so your boasting is rubbish.

It is not when you opened your first account. How many years have you closed with profits? You still don't have a dorm account till date. Lol. Big trader.

6 years experience still you talk and behave as foolishly as a newbie fighting tooth and nail to make his first withdrawal. You begged for money for account funding. You begged people to pay you for training. You cant post consistent two winning trades with proof of entering them on your account.

And yes, you are not my mate. My first child is in primary 2 already. smiley If it is in terms of Forex dollars my one week swap is your 3 months profit on demo. So get the fvck outta here..

Better stop fooling yourself and get a life.. Forex is not by force.

chai......... chai............ chai.................. you have finished uncle kirinwa ooooh

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (230)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 / Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires / Forex Trade Alerts Season 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.