Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Forex Trading - Season 14 - Business (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading - Season 14 (315167 Views)

Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 / Forex Trading - Season 15 / Forex Trading - Season 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (230) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by omejeo: 2:25pm On Oct 17, 2014
let get down on biz of today nijababe how far for oil not on chart
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by 12ema: 2:28pm On Oct 17, 2014
sell usdchf at current price of 9438 with 3% of capital, for a tp of 9384. SL is 40 pips out from entry.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
omejeo:
let get down on biz of today nijababe how far for oil not on chart

Holding my positions still although that oil has gone from + 126 pips to +17 pips but I am still holding as long as 81.92 is not eclipsed
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by docus: 2:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
iheanyiebeneze:
This might help someone.
Trading breakouts 101

Dear trader and Clickevents reader

The current sell-off means that it’s a tough time for many traders. But the markets are on the move – and for adaptable traders, this presents some excellent opportunities to ride those moves.

And one of the best ways to capture moves is to enter the market on a breakout, as the price ploughs through a level of support or resistance.

But breakout trading can be a divisive subject among traders. Which is why I thought I’d tackle some of the myths and misinformation about breakout trading – to get to the truth about what actually works (and what doesn’t) …

Breakouts 101

The theory of breakout trading is sound, and very persuasive …

- watch for a price stuck in a range
- it can’t stay in a range forever, so eventually it will breakout
- these breakouts can be explosive
- when it breaks, we catch profits from that explosive move

What’s not to like?

And it’s easy to find fabulous examples where prices took huge breakout moves, with spectacular profits.

A breakout doesn’t have to be from a channel – breakouts can be played as prices butt up to any key level of support or resistance.

Anyone who’s tried breakout trading will tell you that the bane of their lives is false breakouts. Perhaps the price touches through the upper level of the channel before immediately turning tail in a sell-off. Or perhaps it breaks, then pulls back neatly to your stop level, closing you out for a loss, before heading back off in the original direction.

These are frustrating, and – I’ll be honest with you – there is no way to eliminate false moves altogether.

But there are ways to boost our chance of success

The trick is momentum.

A breakout without momentum is worthless. Breakouts are all about momentum.

They tell us that there are lots of buyers pushing the price up. Or, in the case of a breakout below support, big red candles tell us that there are lots of sellers, pushing the price lower.

But if we wait around to see those candles – we’ve already missed the lion’s share of that profit. The buyers have already bought … or the sellers have already sold.

So, if we don’t want to wait around for the candles to form, how can we get an immediate momentum reading?

The obvious answer would be the momentum indicator, or an oscillator like RSI …

The chart above shows the same breakout, with the RSI indicator clearly showing higher highs – this tells us that traders have their foot on the pedal for this move. It’s an excellent tool, but – again – it’s fallible. Sometimes prices will dither on the area of support and resistance for some time before momentum builds.

So I’d like to tell you about the trick that’s effectively employed by John Wheatland in his Breakthrough FX system, which I’ve been following for a few months now.

It’s a factor that’s too often ignored by traders, who get bogged down in the ups and downs of candlestick movements.

Time.

John times his trades to match up with the exact moments he knows (from gazillions of hours studying price!) that momentum comes into the market. It’s proving to be phenomenally effective.

Breakthrough FX

Another thing that John’s system does very effectively is managing risk-reward. And I’ll explain here why this works …

The temptation with breakout trading is that we see the text-book examples – the ones where the price flies off 100+ pips in our favour – and we want those kinds of breaks. But – as with all trading – genuine success comes in small parcels.

Just because a key level has broken, and we’ve got some momentum behind it … does not mean that we’re riding a huge move. While markets are notoriously unpredictable – they are also creatures of habit and tend to move within daily ranges. So, we shouldn’t get greedy with our breakout trades.

Sure, sometimes the market makes huge 100pip+ leaps – but we can lose a lot of trades while we wait around for these events to come along.

It’s the old story that (I’m sorry) I bang on about again and again. Take profits, take profits, take profits. It’s an error to sit back and wait for a huge reward on your trade – all the time you’re waiting, your capital is at risk. Take modest profits regularly, manage your draw downs, and don’t overstretch your risk.

A thrilling rollercoaster ride it is not. But a genuine, long-term profitable one – yes.

Regards,

modest truth
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 17, 2014
buy EU 1.2790

RR 1:1 20/20
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by omejeo: 2:40pm On Oct 17, 2014
naijababe:

Holding my positions still although that oil has gone from + 126 pips to +17 pips but I am still holding as long as 81.92 is not eclipsed
ok thanks
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 17, 2014
tom29reloaded:
buy EU 1.2790

RR 1:1 20/20

invalidated.

dis is how to posts signal.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
see u next year if we live to see it by mercy of God
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by kblaze111: 3:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
thanks,
a couple of write-ups, phone calls , charts and explanations would go a very long way.
kblaze111@yahoo.com
[quote author=naijababe post=27213392]kblaze, I am sorry I can't be of much help. Let me think about what we can do online and get back to you. [quote]
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by mez(m): 3:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
A long wicked pin bar forming on weekly time frame on Dax. It has converted from bearish to bullish. It's heading to test 9090. We may have a long term north movement in the coming days if it breaks this level.
May the odds ever be in your favour!

@Naijababe, it's a quote from the movie "hunger games".

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by mez(m): 3:29pm On Oct 17, 2014
kblaze111:
thanks,
a couple of write-ups, phone calls , charts and explanations would go a very long way.
kblaze111@yahoo.com

Google Chris Capre. A lot has been written down already. Don't trouble the lady.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 17, 2014
mez:

Google Chris Capre. A lot has been written down already. Don't trouble the lady.

Thank you and mehn I am enjoying the ride up o even if I got in a bit late because I was too lazy to get out of bed until 9am

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Jcob(m): 3:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
Never be on the other side of dax! Enjoying the ride too. Will lock some profit and leave the remaining to run through the weekend. smiley
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by willscolf: 3:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
i no know say na so una wicked reach,so nobody even care 2 wish me quick recovery,dia is God oo
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Jcob(m): 3:41pm On Oct 17, 2014
willscolf:
i no know say na so una wicked reach,so nobody even care 2 wish quick recovery,dia is God oo
heeya. God will give you strength sir! It is well.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by willscolf: 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
naijababe:

ma'am,dis d reason people like u can survive dis market.imagine giving back a whooping 100pips 2 d market yet stil hav d nous 2 trade,quote me right dis is 1 of d scenerio dat makes many giv up on trading.kip it up

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by kblaze111: 3:46pm On Oct 17, 2014
thanks and GOD bless
infact today today
mez:

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 17, 2014
willscolf:
i no know say na so una wicked reach,so nobody even care 2 wish me quick recovery,dia is God oo

Lol..........pele and get well soon. We were too excited ni cheesy

willscolf:
ma'am,dis d reason people like u can survive dis market.imagine giving back a whooping 100pips 2 d market yet stil hav d nous 2 trade,quote me right dis is 1 of d scenerio dat makes many giv up on trading.kip it up

Thanks, at some point we all learn to see past the noise wink
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by omejeo: 4:40pm On Oct 17, 2014
willscolf:
fx need good capital if u have a reasonable capital and also know what you are doing men u will go far

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 17, 2014
Thanks,You are wellcomed
docus:

modest truth
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 17, 2014
This nucca oil! angry shocked Bloody yanking my chain, still in the buy unless it breaks 81.92
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by natruetalk: 7:14pm On Oct 17, 2014
getting to the time to close Shop 4 the week, let me hurt someone more with my today's trading chart. i think everyone is free to post on NL so far the post is not against Seun Osewa Rules. FTA space is enough for those who want to post charts, those who know how to shout and so on. i don't ask anybody to like or want my chart that wouldn't disturb me coming whenever i feel with or without chart. anybody is free to come and rant as much as he want, it a free world.

@rozayx5 ur contribution here on FTA can never be ignore learned from you myself i respect you. next time u read such lamentation, just ignore as it can never reduce ur piping

9 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by natruetalk: 7:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
shop closed

Thank Almighty God for d week

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by docus: 7:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
natruetalk:
getting to the time to close Shop 4 the week, let me hurt someone more with my today's trading chart. i think everyone is free to post on NL so far the post is not against Seun Osewa Rules. FTA space is enough for those who want to post charts, those who know how to shout and so on. i don't ask anybody to like or want my chart that wouldn't disturb me coming whenever i feel with or without chart. anybody is free to come and rant as much as he want, it a free world.

@rozayx5 ur contribution here on FTA can never be ignore learned from you myself i respect you. next time u read such lamentation, just ignore as it can never reduce ur piping

bro. keep doing ur thing(posting charts). only the smart ones will learn from it. more greens pips to u.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by docus: 7:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
natruetalk:

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by omejeo: 7:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
dax will fall well well next week
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by omejeo: 7:40pm On Oct 17, 2014
natruetalk:

oga we miss ur post today
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by kblaze111: 8:05pm On Oct 17, 2014
thanks a lot
iheanyiebeneze:
This might help someone.
Trading breakouts 101

Dear trader and Clickevents reader

The current sell-off means that it’s a tough time for many traders. But the markets are on the move – and for adaptable traders, this presents some excellent opportunities to ride those moves.

And one of the best ways to capture moves is to enter the market on a breakout, as the price ploughs through a level of support or resistance.

But breakout trading can be a divisive subject among traders. Which is why I thought I’d tackle some of the myths and misinformation about breakout trading – to get to the truth about what actually works (and what doesn’t) …

Breakouts 101

The theory of breakout trading is sound, and very persuasive …

- watch for a price stuck in a range
- it can’t stay in a range forever, so eventually it will breakout
- these breakouts can be explosive
- when it breaks, we catch profits from that explosive move

What’s not to like?

And it’s easy to find fabulous examples where prices took huge breakout moves, with spectacular profits.

A breakout doesn’t have to be from a channel – breakouts can be played as prices butt up to any key level of support or resistance.

Anyone who’s tried breakout trading will tell you that the bane of their lives is false breakouts. Perhaps the price touches through the upper level of the channel before immediately turning tail in a sell-off. Or perhaps it breaks, then pulls back neatly to your stop level, closing you out for a loss, before heading back off in the original direction.

These are frustrating, and – I’ll be honest with you – there is no way to eliminate false moves altogether.

But there are ways to boost our chance of success

The trick is momentum.

A breakout without momentum is worthless. Breakouts are all about momentum.

They tell us that there are lots of buyers pushing the price up. Or, in the case of a breakout below support, big red candles tell us that there are lots of sellers, pushing the price lower.

But if we wait around to see those candles – we’ve already missed the lion’s share of that profit. The buyers have already bought … or the sellers have already sold.

So, if we don’t want to wait around for the candles to form, how can we get an immediate momentum reading?

The obvious answer would be the momentum indicator, or an oscillator like RSI …

The chart above shows the same breakout, with the RSI indicator clearly showing higher highs – this tells us that traders have their foot on the pedal for this move. It’s an excellent tool, but – again – it’s fallible. Sometimes prices will dither on the area of support and resistance for some time before momentum builds.

So I’d like to tell you about the trick that’s effectively employed by John Wheatland in his Breakthrough FX system, which I’ve been following for a few months now.

It’s a factor that’s too often ignored by traders, who get bogged down in the ups and downs of candlestick movements.

Time.

John times his trades to match up with the exact moments he knows (from gazillions of hours studying price!) that momentum comes into the market. It’s proving to be phenomenally effective.

Breakthrough FX

Another thing that John’s system does very effectively is managing risk-reward. And I’ll explain here why this works …

The temptation with breakout trading is that we see the text-book examples – the ones where the price flies off 100+ pips in our favour – and we want those kinds of breaks. But – as with all trading – genuine success comes in small parcels.

Just because a key level has broken, and we’ve got some momentum behind it … does not mean that we’re riding a huge move. While markets are notoriously unpredictable – they are also creatures of habit and tend to move within daily ranges. So, we shouldn’t get greedy with our breakout trades.

Sure, sometimes the market makes huge 100pip+ leaps – but we can lose a lot of trades while we wait around for these events to come along.

It’s the old story that (I’m sorry) I bang on about again and again. Take profits, take profits, take profits. It’s an error to sit back and wait for a huge reward on your trade – all the time you’re waiting, your capital is at risk. Take modest profits regularly, manage your draw downs, and don’t overstretch your risk.

A thrilling rollercoaster ride it is not. But a genuine, long-term profitable one – yes.

Regards,

Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by latestsunny(m): 9:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
grin grin grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 18, 2014
Analysis is ongoing for the coming week. i wish you all a pipful filled week.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by omejeo: 10:29am On Oct 18, 2014
iheanyiebeneze:
Analysis is ongoing for the coming week. i wish you all a pipful filled week.
ok boss
Re: Forex Trading - Season 14 by Capitals: 11:21am On Oct 18, 2014
natruetalk:

Here s how I closed shop myself. Not like it was solicited, was just inspired by the above

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (230)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 / Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires / Forex Trade Alerts Season 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.