Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! (4859 Views)

Nigeria Economics Loses To Politics As Buhari Takes Naira Stand – Bloomberg / Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. / Mike Okiro, From Police To Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by OAM4J: 4:52am On Jan 01, 2014
On behalf of Politics Moderators and Management of Nairaland, I welcome every member of this section to the year 2014. I wish everyone a happy, dream-fulfilling and joyful year.

Last year was quite an interesting year; we had lots of healthy and robust debates on hundreds of our threads; many heated arguments/debates and some not so heated but interesting and educative as well. Many threads from this section than any section made the home page. At the end, due to your active participations, this section remained the most active section of Nairaland last year. For this I thank every one of you, those of you who found the time to create threads, those of you who posted and those of you who read and liked posts. Thank you!

Last year, our monthly debate was rested because management believe that every thread should be a debate of its own and we really do not need few people as judges to declare winners, but that every reader should decide who his/her winner is in every debate. However this year, I am looking forward to a weekly or bi-weekly members-organized Dialogue, where burning national issue and questions for the period can be raised for members to actively discuss. Let’s discuss this.

Also last year, we renewed our fight against “tribalism/bigotry”, especially with the coming on board of Ikenna351 and Sexkillz, it was a tough battle with many ‘casualties’, but the battle was worthwhile. I am not under any illusion that the battle is totally won yet, but am sure the point was clearly made that Nairaland will not condone tribalism/bigotry any more. This year we will continue with the fight. I overlooked a number of bigot-posters towards the end of last year because I didn’t want to ban people going into the New year, but the holiday is over now and we will no longer spare the rod.

Am sure many of you will agree with me that politically, 2014 will be an Interesting year: What will be the outcome of mass defection of PDP members to APC? How far will the National Conference/Dialogue go? Who replaces Sanusi Lamido Sanusi at CBN? Will GEJ change his cabinet members? Who will win the elections in Osun and Ekiti State billed for 2014? Who are the people that will be the flag bearers of PDP, APC and other parties both at the State and Federal level? All these questions and many more will be answered this year 2014.

In view of this, Politics section of Nairaland will be well positioned to actively participate in all the political happenings of 2014. I welcome your analysis, opinions, robust debates and arguments on all matters that will be raised this year. It is no longer a secret that government officials, political parties and national newspapers monitor discussions on this forum as a gauge of public opinions.

On our part as moderators, we will be very professional and give adequate coverage and moderation to all the parties. But note that we do not create political stories and events; it will not be the fault of moderators if a political party has more political stories and events than others in national discourse, but we will endeavor to be fair and cover all that should be covered. Remember to always make use of the complaints/suggestion thread to recommend topics for home page.

Please kindly post on this thread your suggestions, ideas of what you want see in this section this year, things you want us to watch out for, and mistakes to avoid as we go into this critical political year in the history of Nigeria. We want to make sure that Nairaland community makes an adequate impact during this political dispensation.

Once again, happy new year!

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Ngwakwe: 5:24am On Jan 01, 2014
Is the Amalgamation still legal, if yes then let's work toward abolishing State of Origin for State of Resident in the forth coming National Conference to unite the citizens of Nigeria as one people where we will be judged by the content of our character and be rewarded by our contribution to the country and humanity at large.

3 Likes

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by LMAyedun(m): 6:30am On Jan 01, 2014
Thanks OAM4J.. Happy Year New to you too.
Pls, Work more this year on the fight against Tribalism.
Its eating up and killing Nairaland.

Many Thanks.
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Seun(m): 6:43am On Jan 01, 2014
I overlooked a number of bigot-posters towards the end of last year shocked because I didn’t want to ban people going into the New year, but the holiday is over now and we will no longer spare the rod.
Happy new year bro. Thanks for your good work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 01, 2014
Ngwakwe: Is the Amalgamation still legal, if yes then let's work toward abolishing State of Origin for State of Resident in the forth coming National Conference to unite the citizens of Nigeria as one people where we will be judged by the content of our character and be rewarded by our contribution to the country and humanity at large.

The State of Origin stays in the constitution....

3 Likes

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by waleadex(m): 7:15am On Jan 01, 2014
This 2014 is going to be a very interesting year as political histories are going to be made. Like OAM4J mentioned,the battle against tribalism/bigotry is not won yet,so more work should be done on that so as to produce a more friendly NL forum.

Defection of members of PDP to APC may signal the end of the ruling party. National dialogue may hold but if not properly handled,may be the inception of revolution. The next CBN governor,if not Sanusi's ally,may not adopt his policies. Elections in Osun and Ekiti are still going to be won by APC. GEJ is surely going to reshuffle his cabinets as he's going to discover some betrayals.

However,I seize this opportuinity to wish all members peace and prosperity throughout this new year.

God bless nairaland founder!
God bless the moderators!
God bless all members!
God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Tolexander: 7:18am On Jan 01, 2014
Same to you man!
Also last year, we renewed
our fight against “tribalism/
bigotry”, especially with the
coming on board of
Ikenna351 and Sexkillz,
awon taajo saana da?
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New year Nigerians and friends of Nigeria....

I think the Mods should treat all talk of Biafra either in Foreign or ethnic section. No more Biafra gracing the Political section.

5 Likes

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by nduchucks: 7:52am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New Year to NL Political Junkies. cheesy
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by kenbee(f): 8:04am On Jan 01, 2014
This is the year for Obiano, the people's Governor

2 Likes

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by donphilopus: 8:04am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New Year to the Politicians in the House.
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Ngwakwe: 8:14am On Jan 01, 2014
Why should it?

Remember, the Amalgamation has expired and we need Peace, Love, Unity and Progress to get One Nigeria back and it's only possible on one condition.

Every Nigerian eligible to vote in any State is an "Indigene by Nigerian definition" to that State.

We must all integrate into one or dissolve into component Protectorates as before Amalgamation.

ilugunboy:

The State of Origin stays in the constitution....

3 Likes

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by nduchucks: 8:32am On Jan 01, 2014
Ngwakwe: Why should it?

Remember, the Amalgamation has expired and we need Peace, Love, Unity and Progress to get One Nigeria back and it's only possible on one condition.

Every Nigerian eligible to vote in any State is an "Indigene by Nigerian definition" to that State.

We must all integrate into one or dissolve into component Protectorates as before Amalgamation.

For once I agree with Ngwakwe. There is no reason why a person born and raised in a state should not enjoy the same rights of every other 'indigene' of the state.

In the USA for example, if you live in a state for 6 months, you become a 'resident' of that state. 6 months residency requirement cannot work for us. We may need to start with

(1)If you are born and raised in a state, then you automatically become an indigene. Being raised in the state is important, else people may start trooping to more successful states to give birth. I'd add living in the state until say, 16years old to the requirement of being born there.

(2)If you reside in a state for 10 years, you would have the option of discarding your original state of origin for your state of residence.

We have to adopt practical solutions to our unique system and culture.
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 01, 2014
happy new year peeps, looking forward to the debates.

1 Like

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by emmalexabl(m): 8:56am On Jan 01, 2014
ilugunboy: Happy New year Nigerians and friends of Nigeria....

I think the Mods should treat all talk of Biafra either in Foreign or ethnic section. No more Biafra gracing the Political section.

Yeah,.so we can have fewer cases of BIAFRA induced hypertension, heart attacks and anxiety neurosis amongst some folks... grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Olastep1(m): 9:15am On Jan 01, 2014
All we want this year 2014 is good governance from local governments rising to state governments and federal government of Nigeria.

www.facebook.com/olastepunlimited
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by tosan200(m): 9:15am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New Year to all nairaland members and to Team APC and Team PDP, more power to you.
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by tosan200(m): 9:15am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New Year to all nairaland members and to Team APC and Team PDP ,more power to you.
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 01, 2014
Ngwakwe: Why should it?

As long as there is still some agitation for the state of Biafra....there will be reasons to include where you are from in your documents.

Nigeria is not USA...USA is a settler country...Nigeria is not.

4 Likes

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by tosan200(m): 9:19am On Jan 01, 2014
emmalexabl:

Yeah,.so we can have fewer cases of BIAFRA induced hypertension, heart attacks and anxiety neurosis amongst some folks... grin grin cheesy cheesy
Hahaha, very funny. grin
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 01, 2014
emmalexabl:

For what nau? I just don't like foreigners thinking that Nigeria is not at peace with herself. You can as well carry the Biafra jargon elsewhere.
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 01, 2014
Obiagelli: happy new year peeps, looking forward to the debates.

Happy new year....still expecting your PM. grin wink
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Newkidoo(m): 9:29am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new year to all..
2014 is going to be a year to be remembered for generations to come..
The youths need to be more active this year!!
Many events will unfold in 2014 but our God will c us through!!
To those saying Nigeria is illegal.. well we shall see more abt that as the year goes but as for now we are all 1 and we should all support unity..
On the issue of national conference- I sincerely hope this doesn't end up as another waste of time and resources.. the youths are really needed more in this aspect.. let all youths participate..
Well to cap it off, 2014 shall bring Nigeria to a greater heights and all enemies of the country shall all b wiped out..
One Nigeria.. God bless Nigeria
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 01, 2014
ilugunboy:

Happy new year....still expecting your PM. grin wink
soon bro
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Demdem(m): 9:46am On Jan 01, 2014
Surely 2014 is a year of more knocks for Jonathan. He is yet to be cured from his stupidity in governance. All hope isn't lost yet.
Demdem promises to triple his effort this year.

2 Likes

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Ngwakwe: 9:47am On Jan 01, 2014
You are too funny. I wouldn't have taken you serious.

Are you truly an Ifa Priest? No pun intended, you seen to be trying hard to preserve a certain culture from extinction.

ilugunboy:

As long as there is still some agitation for the state of Biafra....there will be reasons to include where you are from in your documents.

Nigeria is not USA...USA is a settler country...Nigeria is not.

1 Like

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by gratiaeo(m): 9:50am On Jan 01, 2014
Observing
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by henchamb(m): 9:59am On Jan 01, 2014
if the greeting is genuine pls unban those banned in this section
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 01, 2014
Ngwakwe: You are too funny. I wouldn't have taken you serious.

Are you truly an Ifa Priest? No pun intended, you seen to be trying hard to preserve a certain culture from extinction.

The truth is we are just tolerating one another in Nigeria....therefore there should be limit to that tolerance.

I will rather be an Ifa Priest than a Catholic Priest if given the option.

Your rant is meaningless. Why is it the Ibos that are insisting on such amendment? There must be a motive...an hidden one.

2 Likes

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Ngwakwe: 10:29am On Jan 01, 2014
You and Ndigbo as always. Forget about them, they are as harmless as dove irrespective of any circumstance. It's not worth your sleepless night.

ilugunboy: Your rant is meaningless. Why is it the Ibos that are insisting on such amendment? There must be a motive...an hidden one.

1 Like

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 01, 2014
Ngwakwe: You and Ndigbo as always. Forget about them, they are as harmless as dove irrespective of any circumstance. It's not worth your sleepless night.

I assumed you are throwing new year jokes.....is clowning part of your new year resolution?

Your religion inclination however preaches brevity...moderation and austere lifestyle ....so go easy on the clowning.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Tution Fees Of A Primary School In Lekki, Lagos / Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face / See How Buhari And Atiku Are Tagged On An Abuja Taxi: Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.