Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

6 Signs That Gej's Transformation Agenda Is Working. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Signs That Gej's Transformation Agenda Is Working. (1254 Views)

Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP / Reuben Abati Caught Using Fake Pictures For GEJ Transformation Projects / Gej 2015 Agenda Is Dead (r.i.p) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Signs That Gej's Transformation Agenda Is Working. by Aksonman: 10:21am On Jan 01, 2014
http://pdpblogger..com/2014/01/six-signs-that-president-jonathans.html
SIX SIGNS THAT PRESIDENT JONATHAN'S TRANSFORMATION AGENDA IS WORKING.

1. Benin-Ore Road lamentations are over: For as long as most of us can remember, Christmas season was a time of lamentations for most travellers to the Eastern part of Nigeria. The Benin-Ore road was the main reason for those lamentations as travellers spent hours upon hours stranded on that axis; there were even instances where passengers had no choice but to spend Christmas on Benin-Ore traffic.
The Jonathan administration was the first to comprehensively tackle the reconstruction of Benin-Ore road. Today, most travellers can confirm to us that their 2013 road travel to Eastern Nigeria is most likely the best they've had in years.

2. For many years, it was an annual ritual for Nigerians to begin experiencing strange and annoying fuel scarcities during festive period. Also, before the Jonathan administration, many parts of Eastern, South-south and Northern Nigeria lived with perennial fuel shortages and where fuel was available it was sold well above government approved price. With Jonathan, all that changed; the Aba depot was resuscitated after years of neglect, leading to an abundance of fuel in the East. Under Jonathan, NNPC commenced the shipment of fuel to Northern Nigeria by rail even as the Kaduna refinery continued production. Throughout the 2013 festive season there was an abundance of fuel all over Nigeria.

3. Aviation: Most Nigerian airports are now wearing a new-look, that’s a fact. Due to the Biafra experience, most successive administrations were reluctant to resume international flight operations directly to Eastern Nigeria, though they kept making promises. Jonathan fulfilled that promise and today,Akanu Ibiam Airport is a functional international Airport.

4. Agriculture: In the past, the post of Agriculture minister was reserved for politicians from certain parts of the country whose sole purpose was to oversee the fraudulent distribution of fertilizer. President Goodluck Jonathan took a chance and appointed a technocrat to lead Nigeria's Agricultural revolution. Today, Nigeria’s agriculture is growing in leaps and bounds; even the international community took notice and went on to name Jonathan's Agriculture minister Akinwumi Adesina as Forbes African person of the year.

5. Boko Haram: When the sect turned really violent in 2009, Nigeria did not have a formidable Anti-terrorism network. Boko Haram carried out attacks at will; between 2011 and 2012, as President Jonathan was struggling to build a functional anti-terrorism system, the terrorists became bolder as bombings and attacks on places of worship occured on a near weekly basis. However, by 2013, Nigeria got it right with the creation of a formidable domestic anti-terrorism network. What it took nations like Israel or the USA decades to build, Jonathan achieved that in roughly 2 years. Throughout 2013, no single church was bombed. Boko Haram has been disorganised and reduced to rag tag guerrilla fighters that take pride in attacking vulnerable and innocent Nigerians of any religious faith. Occasionally, they team up with Alqaeda fighters and organise bold attacks on Nigerian military facilities. However, the Nigerian military has constantly repelled such attacks and inflicted huge casualties on the insurgents.

6. Successful Privatization of Electricity: In spite of monumental opposition from those that benefited from the rot in the system.

WHERE PDP HAS FAILED.

If the PDP has failed in any area it's in the way our great party has allowed opposition forces to gain and retain firm control on the formal and informal media space including electronic, print and social media. The opposition now has substantial leverage in stirring up negative emotions among Nigerians via respective media platforms. Our party’s spokes people have been largely reactionary, only coming out to clear things up when the harm has already been done. Also, perhaps we have entrusted our own information dissemination platforms on a few Egg heads that are probably overwhelmed with the multiple media attack mechanisms employed by the opposition.

http://pdpblogger..com/2014/01/six-signs-that-president-jonathans.html

10 Likes

Re: 6 Signs That Gej's Transformation Agenda Is Working. by akposking(m): 10:25am On Jan 01, 2014
Which transformation, plz this fallacy.
Re: 6 Signs That Gej's Transformation Agenda Is Working. by jayseehe(m): 10:26am On Jan 01, 2014
Mediocre performance Mtcheew.
Abeg who cook 4 here? I never chop since last year
Re: 6 Signs That Gej's Transformation Agenda Is Working. by akposking(m): 10:48am On Jan 01, 2014
jayseehe: Mediocre performance Mtcheew.
Abeg manage this one make u take flex.
Re: 6 Signs That Gej's Transformation Agenda Is Working. by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 01, 2014

As if your father has made a single contribution to your village how much more Nigeria. Idio.t.

8 Likes

Re: 6 Signs That Gej's Transformation Agenda Is Working. by lepashandi: 11:08am On Jan 01, 2014
akposking: Which transformation, plz this fallacy.

Dunce. Which one is fallacy there. You just learnt the word, I think.
Re: 6 Signs That Gej's Transformation Agenda Is Working. by lepashandi: 11:08am On Jan 01, 2014

what have you contributed, dummy?
Re: 6 Signs That Gej's Transformation Agenda Is Working. by jayseehe(m): 11:08am On Jan 01, 2014
lepashandi:
what have you contributed, dummy?
ROSSIKE:

As if your father has made a single contribution to your village how much more Nigeria. Idio.t.
E-diots do ur fadas or anyoda person's fada pay tax to my fada?
stay thr n watch ur dad's tax being unda utilised
Wit dis kind of slow progression, Nigeria will always remain far behind. Ur country's debt is increasing rapidly n on d contrary, d country is progressing slowly.
Dis slow poke of a president will leave much debt 4 our children to pay.
Last bullet- Nigeria is doomed
akposking: Abeg manage this one make u take flex.
Thank u my broda
Re: 6 Signs That Gej's Transformation Agenda Is Working. by Goddex: 11:16am On Jan 01, 2014
OP, you spoke the whole truth and nothing but the truth

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs That Gej's Transformation Agenda Is Working. by slimfit1(m): 11:58am On Jan 01, 2014
You are on crack this man.
Re: 6 Signs That Gej's Transformation Agenda Is Working. by ba7man(m): 12:02pm On Jan 01, 2014
(1) I'll have to agree on the Repair of the Benin-Ore expressway( and other expressways minus the Lagos-Ibadan Express)........ Its commendable that it was under G.E.J's administration that these happened.

(2) True, there's no fuel scarcity but G.E.J still deserves to be stoned for being responsible for the highest fuel price hike in the history of the nation just to start sharing N10000 to selected youths and repairing some obscure roads..

If he had added fuel scarcity to the equation, he would deserve to be given hot slaps on National TV.

(3) I'm an Architect. Trust me, there's no big deal in changing tiles, fixing new lightings, fixing Alucobond panels on exterior walls and repainting an existing building. The Airport refurbishments are minor achievement.

Refurbishing the Airport buildings without tackling gross inefficiency in service delivery, exploitation and Safety issues is like putting butter icing on a dry mouldy cake and trying to pass it off as the Recipee of the day.

Walking through Refurbished Airports to board planes who's landing wheels fall off at will is not "Uncommon Transformation".

I just wonder why past Aviation ministers couldn't do this to gain cheap scores.

(4) Truely, Nigeria is undergoing an Agricultural Revolution. Keying into it means you have to invest in Agriculture to benefit from it...................but it hasn't resulted in any positive benefit for the masses YET. Food prices have either increased in price or remained high.

(5) This current Administration has being able to trim the wings of Boko-Haram to a positive extent. They no longer operate with impunity like they used to....................But it still annoys me at the initial sluggish response to the early attacks that allowed Boko-Haram grow to the extent they had their own territory and claim a large number of lives before the current reaction of the FG.

We all remember how G.E.J used to simply condemn those attacks in the past without lifting a finger afterwards.

Well, the battle is still on but i wish the FG and Nigerians Victory over those Demons.

(6) Electricity. Kudos to G.E.J for the sucessful privatization of Nepa and completion of some of the power projects........................But light is still not constant.

I spent Last night watching Fireworks against the backdrop of Power failure.

We aren't seeing the results yet but it will get better.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Signs That Gej's Transformation Agenda Is Working. by UyiIredia(m): 12:17pm On Jan 01, 2014
1) Okay.

2) Okay.

3) Silly. Amidst air mishaps, one which killed prominent Nigerians and desecrated a former PDP gov's corpse; and a corruption scandal involving the ministry and you still bring it as a 'noteworthy' point. I repeat, silly.

4) Masses aren't reaping its benefits yet. I suspect the investment and profits is going to be in the hands of a few big time entrepreneurs, to the detriment of indigenous small and medium scale farmers. In any case, till I ain't buying foreign rice and fish, till I know huge plots of land are being farmed in Nigeria, and grown food processing industries built and maintained by local expertise are available it is faaaaar from uhuru for this sector.

5) & 6) Your criticisms there said it all.
Re: 6 Signs That Gej's Transformation Agenda Is Working. by Tintinix: 12:41pm On Jan 01, 2014
Also the inflation that comes with the yuletide was not astronomical as previous years!
Re: 6 Signs That Gej's Transformation Agenda Is Working. by akposking(m): 12:51pm On Jan 01, 2014
lepashandi:

Dunce. Which one is fallacy there. You just learnt the word, I think.
Abeg find the nearest suicide aid, am not responsible for ur dunce.
Re: 6 Signs That Gej's Transformation Agenda Is Working. by lepashandi: 1:28pm On Jan 01, 2014
akposking: Abeg find the nearest suicide aid, am not responsible for ur dunce.

above all, you cant even speak good English. You are not responsible for my dunce? Haba.
Re: 6 Signs That Gej's Transformation Agenda Is Working. by akposking(m): 2:05pm On Jan 01, 2014
lepashandi:

above all, you cant even speak good English. You are not responsible for my dunce? Haba.
Lol.. U can lick Gej butt 4 all i care safe journey 2 ur engrish.
Re: 6 Signs That Gej's Transformation Agenda Is Working. by samilo88(m): 2:27pm On Jan 01, 2014
U never see anything. Better hungry go kill all bad belle people this year.
Re: 6 Signs That Gej's Transformation Agenda Is Working. by fearless2014: 5:41pm On Jan 01, 2014
And liars keep denying the fact that this GEJ is working...........shameless, lying hypocrites called APC.
angry lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

2 APC States Came 1st And 2nd At The NNPC National Quiz Competition / Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work / ADAMAWA. Mr. Bala Ngilari Taking Oath Of Office As Governor. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.