Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,511 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work (1255 Views)

Buhari Leading On Internet,johnathan Leading On Ballot Box / Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists / Jimi Agbaje's Picture Was Omitted On Ballot Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work by MissTeaseMe(f): 8:26am On Sep 03, 2014
I am very sure that after reading the topic, you would think this is bullocks, rubbish, silly talk from a demented fellow. Well truth is it is just the truth.

This morning we were greeted with the news of the hilti-skiliti going one at the INEC headquarters over awarding of contracts for the forth coming elections. The contract totals a whooping 9 Billion naira. I maintain that even using plan sheet of paper for the election will work or better still, a sheet of paper that just contains the segments and sections for the voter to fill his details and tick his choice. Some thing as simple as the JAMB answer sheet.
Wont it then be easy to rig elections, create fake ballot papers etc
The answer is NO, here is why

Why we don't need sophisticated. Ballot papers with security features
1. The National Identification Number. Why did the government spend billions on this project of National Identification Number that can easily be used to verify an individuals identity ANYWHERE at ANYTIME.

Even if you print fake ballot papers, it will be IMPOSSIBLE to fake voters, IF the National Identification Number of voters is required and is verified through an automated counter that cross checks it with a database.
If anyone uses a number twice, it will nullify the vote. So creating a fake ballot paper becomes a waste.

2. Finger print: we all know you must use your finger print to register your vote in every election in Nigeria. So why finger print if it is not security enough? What security is better than finger print that no 2 humans can ever have the same? Is finger print not enough security on ballot paper, why is it that our databases dont work? Cant we just use this to verify the truth about a voter and use it to catch fake ballot papers?

3. All security documents can be forged if you like go and print it in Mars. Even the american Dollar is successfully being counterfeited by North Korea and today North Korea is generating most of it's revenue from faking the american dollar (google it and see if i am lying)

N9 billion naira is chicken change for any political party in Nigeria, they wont even pay up to 1billion to make 100million fake ballot papers that will be exactly like the original that INEC wants to waste money printing.

4. Verification/Accreditation : before any voting, we usuallyy do verification for the voters. This process can be used to easily know how many people are there to vote and their identities. So there is no way of inventing a fake voter and filling up a fake ballot paper when all the people eligible to vote have been accredited

CONCLUSION: it is the content of a ballot paper that counts and proves that a REAL human voted, not an expensive ballot paper. Let us develop a secured database that will enable verifications of vote and let people vote and wait at their centers for the result. End of story
Not all this schemes of wasting precious money.

Nigeria just likes wasting money. National Identification Number, National Id card, Voters card all on top one person. O ga o and yet no identity security until we spend 9 billion on paper that can be counterfeited.
vicadex07,
samisparkle24, impactz
, Ikebossmann, adrelanine what do you think?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 03, 2014
#9billiom Naira? for paper Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh No na... Its too much. but o thought this new E-Id card has the ability to vote??

3 Likes

Re: Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work by DRealGeesam(m): 8:45am On Sep 03, 2014
This is so well written. These questions begs for answers! Why waste money on something that can be faked anyway if the security details of the voters worth nothing and we now need very expensive papers to vote?

1 Like

Re: Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work by eunisam: 9:07am On Sep 03, 2014
Nigeria has money to wast this one of the reason why I suggested that 50k should be deposited in every unemployed graduate account.20k to undergraduate and 10k jambites. 9billion for voters paper not voters card oh.what happend to the proposed e-voting machine?

1 Like

Re: Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work by MissTeaseMe(f): 9:16am On Sep 03, 2014
eunisam: Nigeria has money to wast this one of the reason why I suggested that 50k should be deposited in every unemployed graduate account.20k to undergraduate and 10k jambites. 9billion for voters paper not voters card oh.what happend to the proposed e-voting machine?
I wonder too o
So much money just going round into the pockets of individuals. Look at them fighting cos of ballot paper contract.

3 Likes

Re: Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 03, 2014
hmmmm
Re: Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 03, 2014
eunisam: Nigeria has money to wast this one of the reason why I suggested that 50k should be deposited in every unemployed graduate account.20k to undergraduate and 10k jambites. 9billion for voters paper not voters card oh.what happend to the proposed e-voting machine?

2 Likes

Re: Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work by eunisam: 9:28am On Sep 03, 2014
MissTeaseMe:
I wonder too o
So much money just going round into the pockets of individuals. Look at them fighting cos of ballot paper contract.
do we need a REVOLUTION?
Re: Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work by MissTeaseMe(f): 9:30am On Sep 03, 2014
eunisam: do we need a REVOLUTION?
That is a tricky question o. A revolution will be easily hijacked by the political-no-do-wells in this country.

3 Likes

Re: Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work by eunisam: 9:41am On Sep 03, 2014
MissTeaseMe:
That is a tricky question o. A revolution will be easily hijacked by the political-no-do-wells in this country.
In other word,Civilian coup d eta will do. CCDE
Re: Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work by MissTeaseMe(f): 9:58am On Sep 03, 2014
eunisam: In other word,Civilian coup d eta will do. CCDE
Seems you really want a revolution
Re: Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work by Ikebossmann: 10:20am On Sep 03, 2014
My dear that is nigeria for u. We all know this,that eachtime an election is drawing close,it is a great oppurtunity for pple to smile.
A country which shd be cutting cost to pave way for other developmental activities is bent on utilizing the funds available carelessly.
God wil help us

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work by kaysy(m): 10:26am On Sep 03, 2014
This should be the way forward... but these 50years+ old men and women will not allow that to happen

2 Likes

Re: Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work by DRealGeesam(m): 12:57pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ikebossmann: My dear that is nigeria for u. We all know this,that eachtime an election is drawing close,it is a great oppurtunity for pple to smile.
A country which shd be cutting cost to pave way for other developmental activities is bent on utilizing the funds available carelessly.
God wil help us
As in it seems this country is competing for the most wasteful country in the world with the way we just earmark money to recurrent projects, projects that are serving same function with those already on ground. We are just determined to be wasteful! angry sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work by MissTeaseMe(f): 5:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
DRealGeesam:
As in it seems this country is competing for the most wasteful country in the world with the way we just earmark money to recurrent projects, projects that are serving same function with those already on ground. We are just determined to be wasteful! angry sad
Sooooo well said.
Re: Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 04, 2014
MissTeaseMe: I am very sure that after reading the topic, you would think this is bullocks, rubbish, silly talk from a demented fellow. Well truth is it is just the truth.

This morning we were greeted with the news of the hilti-skiliti going one at the INEC headquarters over awarding of contracts for the forth coming elections. The contract totals a whooping 9 Billion naira. I maintain that even using plan sheet of paper for the election will work or better still, a sheet of paper that just contains the segments and sections for the voter to fill his details and tick his choice. Some thing as simple as the JAMB answer sheet.

CONCLUSION: it is the content of a ballot paper that counts and proves that a REAL human voted, not an expensive ballot paper. Let us develop a secured database that will enable verifications of vote and let people vote and wait at their centers for the result. End of story

Nigeria just likes wasting money. National Identification Number, National Id card, Voters card all on top one person. O ga o and yet no identity security until we spend 9 billion on paper that can be counterfeited.
vicadex07,
samisparkle24, impactz
Like you said,we like wasting money,contract must be awarded for some people to eat the money.
Re: Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work by dridowu: 4:01pm On Sep 04, 2014
If not for rigging "plain sheet" would save us a lot of billions that can be use on an elephant project
Re: Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work by MissTeaseMe(f): 9:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
dridowu: If not for rigging "plain sheet" would save us a lot of billions that can be use on an elephant project
That is what i am trying to address with this thread, expensive ballot papers dont make our elections rig-proof
Re: Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work by MissTeaseMe(f): 9:52am On Sep 05, 2014
samisparkle24:
Like you said,we like wasting money,contract must be awarded for some people to eat the money.
Oyel money! grin
Re: Why N9billion On Ballot Is WASTE; why "Plain" Sheets Can Work by swtdrms(m): 12:08am On Nov 08, 2014
MissTeaseMe:
I am very sure that after reading the topic, you would think this is bullocks, rubbish, silly talk from a demented fellow. Well truth is it is just the truth.

vicadex07,
samisparkle24, impactz

U hav actually put togeda a wonderful piece, but d qstn i'l like to put to you is wat is ur resolve,or is this the same way we'l kp on complainin? I bliv nothin wl change if we dnt put up an action to bring abt change....so wats ur resolve,wat do u thnk we need to start doin to salvage the situation

(1) (Reply)

Google Shuts Down Linda Ikeji's Blog / We Are Happy Obi Left APGA -umeh / bwv urtu vcxa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.