Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Osun Sate Budgets 219billion In 2014. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Sate Budgets 219billion In 2014. (1014 Views)

Funds Looted From Nigeria In Last 5 Years Can Service 3 Annual Budgets – EFCC / 2016 Budgets By States In Nigeria.................check Your States Own. / GEJ's FB Post On The Current Sate Of The Nations Security, And People's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Sate Budgets 219billion In 2014. by backtosender: 3:56pm On Jan 01, 2014
Apart from Lagos state, with its debt profile hitting almost a Trillion Naira in November, 2013, Osun's state total debt will take 39 years to be completely paid off.

BUDGET OF SIMILAR STATES::
Ondo State Budgets N92bn,
Enugu State Budgets N93bn
Niger State Budgets N98Billion
Taraba State Budgets 79Billion.
Ebonyi State Budgets 99Billion,
While a Smaller Osun with a tinny amount as Internally Generated Income (IGR), budgets N219billion. This is almost the budget of Taraba, Enugu and Ondo added together.
How will Osun finance this budget? Eyin ara Osun, over to you.
Re: Osun Sate Budgets 219billion In 2014. by geeez: 4:00pm On Jan 01, 2014
backtosender:
Apart from Lagos state, with its debt profile hitting almost a Trillion Naira in November, 2013, Osun's state total debt will take 39 years to be completely paid off.

While a Smaller Osun with a tinny amount as Internally Generated Income (IGR), budgets N219billion. This is almost the budget of Taraba, Enugu and Ondo added together.

Ondo's budget is N162bn. Shows you don't even know what you're talking about.

Can you tell us how Osun's loan will take 39yrs to repay by showing us the interest rate at which the loans were taken and the tenor?

Besides Osun generates more than twice in IGR than your miserable state
Re: Osun Sate Budgets 219billion In 2014. by Goddex: 4:05pm On Jan 01, 2014
The theiving Aregbesola obviously plans to use part to finance his forthcoming election. Osun cannot realise that amount of money except through borrowing from banks and bonds.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Sate Budgets 219billion In 2014. by geeez: 4:11pm On Jan 01, 2014
Goddex: The theiving Aregbesola obviously plans to use part to finance his forthcoming election. Osun does not have that amount of money except through borrowing from banks and bonds.

So how did he finance the 2013 budget which is higher than what he's proposing for 2014?

You're ret.arded you know
Re: Osun Sate Budgets 219billion In 2014. by Goddex: 4:13pm On Jan 01, 2014
geeez:

So how did he finance the 2013 budget which is higher than what he's proposing for 2014?

Same Loans. Go make your findings
Re: Osun Sate Budgets 219billion In 2014. by geeez: 4:22pm On Jan 01, 2014
Goddex:

Same Loans. Go make your findings

Which dumb bank(s) will be giving loans to a highly leveraged government year after year?

Once again, your level of dumb.ness is amazing.

Even your poverty ravaged state that doesn't generate half as much as Osun in IGR is also indebted so what's your point?

Is it paining you that your state can't afford this type of budget in the next five years?

1 Like

Re: Osun Sate Budgets 219billion In 2014. by eaglechild: 7:09pm On Jan 01, 2014
I wonder why some folks are fond of defending the indefensible.

The budget is obviously over the roof for a wretched agrarian state.

4 Likes

Re: Osun Sate Budgets 219billion In 2014. by yetunsbay(m): 8:31pm On Jan 01, 2014
eaglechild: I wonder why some folks are fond of defending the indefensible.

abeg wots ur p?kill ursef coz f sm1c govt
Re: Osun Sate Budgets 219billion In 2014. by geeez: 8:41pm On Jan 01, 2014
eaglechild: I wonder why some folks are fond of defending the indefensible.

See envy

I bet your state's budget isn't half that

Osun has a higher GDP and IGR than your state except you're from Lagos, Oyo, Ogun or Rivers

And if it's an agrarian state nko, Kansas is a an agrarian state and its GDP is almost the same with Nigeria's
Re: Osun Sate Budgets 219billion In 2014. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 01, 2014
backtosender:

ondo budget is 162 billion u lair
Re: Osun Sate Budgets 219billion In 2014. by eaglechild: 9:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
geeez:

See envy

I bet your state's budget isn't half that

Osun has a higher GDP and IGR than your state except you're from Lagos, Oyo, Ogun or Rivers

And if it's an agrarian state nko, Kansas is a an agrarian state and its GDP is almost the same with Nigeria's
You deserve to be flogged for comparing Osun to Kansas.

And you forgot that I qualified the agrarian with wretched.
Re: Osun Sate Budgets 219billion In 2014. by eaglechild: 9:48pm On Jan 01, 2014
yetunsbay: abeg wots ur p?kill ursef coz f sm1c govt
Quote me again when you learn basic communication.
For now you are incomprehensible.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Sate Budgets 219billion In 2014. by yetunsbay(m): 9:01pm On Jan 02, 2014
eaglechild:
Quote me again when you learn basic communication.
For now you are incomprehensible.
quoting incomprehensible fellow is a worst action you ever took mr.examiner...
Re: Osun Sate Budgets 219billion In 2014. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2014
Osun State 2014 budget - N216 billion.

Kano state 2014 budget - N219 billion.

How can Osun be having almost the same budget as Kano state? What exactly will the money be spent on? Has the budget breakdown been made public?

Consider this:

The governor said since his administration started using ICT in the state for all activities, the Osun internal generated revenue (IGR) now stood at N1.6bn per month compared to 300m the state was generating before he came into the office adding that, “we have no issue of ghost workers all thanks to ICT.”

Osun Defender

Let's even assume they increase IGR to N2 billion on average for the year 2014 (which I doubt they will anyway) that gives us 12 X 2 = 24billion IGR for the year.

Consider this as well:

Aregbesola stressed that instead of N4.6 billion regular federal monthly allocation to the state, the allocation started depreciating since June this year, while the state received N2.9 billion in September, with a shortfall of N1.5 billion.

Osun Defender

Let's again assume that N5billion is received as IGR per month in 2014, that gives us N60billion.

So, FAAC allocations plus IGR will be N84 billion (60 + 24).

So can anyone tell me why Osun should spend N216 billion? Who will be burdened with the responsibility of repaying a debt of N132 billion (since they're obviously going to borrow the shortfall)?

I'm particularly worried about this, given the fact that the state government has been accused of accumulating a debt stock of over N350 billion (Source)

I really believe this needs to be investigated. Ogbeni must explain why he's spending so much, what he's spending on and where he intends to source funds from.
Re: Osun Sate Budgets 219billion In 2014. by REDshouse(m): 10:56pm On Jan 02, 2014
Who cares...........

Ask Google

Let me just try and comment for comment sake.... As far Osun indegene are witnessing uncommon transformation in all sectors.....
who cares even if it is Blood money....

(1) (Reply)

Mark Duggan: Fury In Court And Out Follows Lawful Killing Conclusion / Twitter Suspends APC National Youth Leader's Account / ,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.