Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,923 members, 7,952,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:15 PM

"How Large Was Noah's Ark?" - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" (52391 Views)

Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? / Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed / Are Large/Mega-churches Biblical? How Large Is A Church Supposed To Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:14pm On Jan 08, 2014
How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood?
by John D. Morris, Ph.D.

As a creationist geologist, I enjoy speculating about Noah's Flood and its geologic results. If such a flood took place, it would have laid down multiple layers of mud full of the remains of plants and animals which died in the Flood. These layers would be widespread (since the Flood was global) and give evidence of having been laid down rapidly.

While we can't be certain of the exact nature of the Flood, it certainly involved tsunamis (sometimes called tidal waves)—incredibly energetic shock waves in the ocean, traveling at the speed of sound, which pummeled the land with towering walls of water. Likewise, it involved underwater mudflows, which even today are known to flow at up to 100 miles per hour, following an underwater earthquake or other disturbance. Volcanism, tectonism, erosion, redeposition, etc., occurred at rates, scales, and intensities far beyond similar processes occurring today.

The Flood was not only an episode of judgment, it was also a time of God's grace and salvation. Noah and his family, and two representatives of each "kind" of land-dwelling, air-breathing animal (seven of each "clean" kind), were protected and preserved on board Noah's Ark. Outside, "all in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died" (Genesis 7:22).

But what about the fish and other marine creatures? Obviously, they weren't taken on board the Ark. How could they survive, particularly both fresh and salt water forms? As a matter of fact, most of them didn't survive. Over 95 percent of all fossils are marine creatures. They died, and are fossilized, by the trillions. Many are buried in great fossil graveyards, tightly packed together, choked with sediments, buried before they had time to decay. Obviously, they didn't live in the environment in which they died. But how could any have survived?

In the complex of events and conditions that made up the Flood, certainly there were pockets of fresh and/or clean water at any one time. Remember, it was raining in torrents, and we can expect that the rain was fairly fresh water. Many studies have shown that waters of various temperatures, chemistries, and sediment loads do not tend to mix; they tend to remain segregated into zones. It would be unlikely for any one area to retain such zones for very long during the tumult of the Flood, but on a worldwide scale, some such segregated zones would have existed at any given time. Furthermore, we don't know the tolerance levels of pre-Flood fish for sediment, salt, and temperature. Modern fish have a great variety of responses to different environments. Perhaps before the Flood, fish were even more adaptable.

There is also the possibility that great amounts of vegetation were dislodged from the pre-Flood continents and remained intertwined during the Flood as floating mats. Many creationists feel that the decay and abrasion of these mats are responsible for our major coal seams, but underneath these mats, the turbulence of the surface would have been lessened. Perhaps many fish found shelter and nutrition under them, as insects may have, on the mats themselves.

Even though there is much we don't know about what went on during the Flood, we can see that there is at least a plausible answer that can be proposed to such questions.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by phuckNL: 8:03pm On Jan 08, 2014
Swiftboy: Which of God's work's explainable?lol is it a fairytale that the sun burns in space and has never quenched? Do you need explanation how it started burning? What or who caused the big bang? Do you know ocean can cover the whole earth because of its depth? Can you imagine how big the universe is? Do you know that in the face of the universe,the solar system's like a bulb lightening dust particles moving around it? Oh no all that are all lies if I tell you there are billions of such in our milky way alone and Hundreds of millions of galacy in the universe! Lies huh? How dare you argue about the story that's inspired by the one who made all that! And if you doubt HE's the one who made them all,you need to ask for the evidence! So by faith we know those things happened...evidence of faith? Well faith is an evidence all by itself!

What is this one saying? Abeg park well. Stop contradicting yourself. We know about the universe and other solar systems because of science. Where in the Bible did you read about Mars and the millions of stars in the universe. Abeg educate me oh.
Anyway, the question still is the "genuineness of Noah's Arks tale. No one is answering that.
We know we cant explain a lot of things - fact
We know there are tons of unexplainable things happening - fact
We know MAN wrote the Bible - fact
We know MAN lies - fact
So why is it implausible to state that MAN may have lied about the Noah's ark story?

3 Likes

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Caracta(f): 8:15pm On Jan 08, 2014
adexsimply:
Can you imagine? It's not sure sad sad

Do you understand English at all?
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Joshthefirst(m): 8:20pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mr Aboki:

Now this is getting ridiculous..

Archeaologists and Scientists that have discovered these ancient Pyramids and dated them using Carbon Dating (the most accurate form of dating available to mankind) have come out with their findings and you still dont agree..

The Bible which was written by unknown people, with outrageous stories, no present evidence to back it up, never been verified AND then compiled by the Catholic church under the orders of a King who was trying to use religion as a form of control says it... You dont ask for Dating or proof, you just agree.. grin

O now I believe you... I never considered the water beneath the earth... grin DAMN YOU UNDERGROUND WATER... angry grin
nawa o. Its a settled fact that there is water beneath the earth now. Water vapour is even released in volcanic eruptions. Aboki take it easy abeg. You are the one agreeing with scientists who use faulty dating methods without thinking for yourself or questioning. You appeal to authority, the authority of majority. That's not how to debate.

I have adressed most of the issues you have raised here before. It is a very real possibility and even a compelling fact, that a global cataclysmic event occurred years ago.

And it seems you're just joking, not ready to debate.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
At first Noah's wife thought that her husband was just trying to tell her that he wanted a boat. shocked

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Joshthefirst(m): 8:27pm On Jan 08, 2014
phuck_NL:

Why wouldn't they lie is my question!!!!!!!
Ancient man has been known to lie on so many issues.
They used fear back in the days to control people. From the Egyptians to the Roman empire.
What makes this any different. I have read it several times. What I am basically telling you is that I don't believe what they compiled that they lied.

What if I told you that I believe that ODUDUWA came from the sky. What would you say?
why would they lie and risk their lives? How did they exploit and control? Read about the journes of paul and his troubles, and read about how the christian society was organized with a view of even caring for the poor and widows, in love and peace in the bible. Read and stop forcing yourself to doubt. How can they lie about prophecies we see coming to pass before our very eyes? Prophecies so improbable?

OLAADEGBU: At first Noah's wife thought that her husband was just trying to tell her that he wanted a boat. shocked
grin
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:33pm On Jan 08, 2014
Joshthefirst:

grin

I can imagine what she would have thought when Noah broke the news for the first time. cheesy
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by phuckNL: 8:45pm On Jan 08, 2014
Joshthefirst: why would they lie and risk their lives? How did they exploit and control? Read about the journes of paul and his troubles, and read about how the christian society was organized with a view of even caring for the poor and widows, in love and peace in the bible. Read and stop forcing yourself to doubt. How can they lie about prophecies we see coming to pass before our very eyes? Prophecies so improbable?

grin

Read about what. Read from the same books that were written by unverifiable sources? What prophecies? I haven't seen or heard any. Risk their lives? Come on son. Why did all these things happen during their time. Let me ask you a question? Am I a DEMON or why is it that only you and the others who believe in these lies SEE these prophecies and miracles? Why cant I see them. Are we not all equal.

Do you believe that Oduduwa came from the skies?

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by khattab02: 9:56pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mr Aboki:

And because you dont understand any of the things you wrote in your post, you simply take the lazy mans option oof attributing it to God instead of researching it further to unravel the mystery..

And did you know that Bruce Gernon's story was never verified by anybody but himself?! And that He also claims to have seen several UFOs.. grin
And the Indian guy you spoke about not eating is Prahlad Jani.. His claims have also never been independently verified by Medical Scientists.

Never heard of the electrocution guy, but its possible..

So much for Logic indeed.. grin

Gbaam!
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Kelly32: 10:34pm On Jan 08, 2014
For the object in this documentry to be the same dimension, with three compartments and found in the exact same spot as described in the bible and with other interesting evidences, this goes a long way to honour the truth which men wrote down in scriptures, under the inspiration of the Holy spirit.Please watch closely and tell us your views on noahs story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7iycpe16V0
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by khattab02: 11:36pm On Jan 08, 2014
phuck_NL:

We have ships that can house every animal in the world today. CHINEKE!!!
I have died. If you really believe what you posted, then this argument is futile
lol..these guys eh!
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by MrAboki: 11:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
adexsimply:
That was sarcasm grin

grin

Hope you had a good laugh like I did.. grin
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by khattab02: 12:01am On Jan 09, 2014
adexsimply: I don miss sad sad
e never late. The heat is on!
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Swiftboy(m): 12:04am On Jan 09, 2014
phuck_NL:

What is this one saying? Abeg park well. Stop contradicting yourself. We know about the universe and other solar systems because of science. Where in the Bible did you read about Mars and the millions of stars in the universe. Abeg educate me oh.
Anyway, the question still is the "genuineness of Noah's Arks tale. No one is answering that.
We know we cant explain a lot of things - fact
We know there are tons of unexplainable things happening - fact
We know MAN wrote the Bible - fact
We know MAN lies - fact
So why is it implausible to state that MAN may have lied about the Noah's ark story?
yeah long before science's discovery,the Holy Bible did talked about our universe.am glad you said there're mysteries in life...yet you cant think of the flood story as mysterious! Then stop being rude just cos you want to prove a point! Few of the scriptures here...read-up man!
Isaiah 40:26
Lift up your eyes on high And see who has created these stars, The One who leads forth their host by number, He calls them all by name; Because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power, Not one of them is missing.
Job 9:7-9
Who commands the sun not to shine, And sets a seal upon the stars; Who alone stretches out the heavens And tramples down the waves of the sea; Who makes the Bear, Orion and the Pleiades, And the chambers of the south
Job 38:31-33
"Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades, Or loose the cords of Orion? "Can you lead forth a constellation in its season, And guide the Bear with her satellites? "Do you know the ordinances of the heavens, Or fix their rule over the earth?
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Godbest(m): 12:12am On Jan 09, 2014
Evil brain and the likes i seriously pity ur ignorance of THE WORD OF GOD THE BIBLE. Believe it or not d Bible is 100% accurate and correct.. It because of ur evil mind that y d truth is not know to you.. In Gen 6:7 the bible said that the main purpose of d flood was to destroy d wicked generation And God did that by his Ever great mighty Power. In Gen6:19 God told Noah to take just Two of every flesh and fowls male and female.. Food = Gen 6:21 tell us dat ALL FOOD were gotten 4 event. As of Hiv it is a punishment from God upon man in our generation. It was not in their generation. Pls remember He is God he know how to preserve the righteous from His punishment toward the sinner. And all those science lie that you are believing will put your life in danger...
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Godbest(m): 12:13am On Jan 09, 2014
Evil brain and the likes i seriously pity ur ignorance of THE WORD OF GOD THE BIBLE. Believe it or not d Bible is 100% accurate and correct.. It because of ur evil mind that y d truth is not know to you.. In Gen 6:7 the bible said that the main purpose of d flood was to destroy d wicked generation And God did that by his Ever great mighty Power. In Gen6:19 God told Noah to take just Two of every flesh and fowls male and female.. Food = Gen 6:21 tell us dat ALL FOOD were gotten 4 event. As of Hiv it is a punishment from God upon man in our generation. It was not in their generation. Pls remember He is God he know how to preserve the righteous from His punishment toward the sinner. And all those science lie that you are believing will put your life in danger...
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by khattab02: 12:19am On Jan 09, 2014
adexsimply:
I'd assume he chose to "bestow his secrets on you", could you please explain the "secrets" behind "Noah and the ark" then? Then you could kindly tell me how I can be a partaker of the "secrets" too..Thanks
hmmmm... Lol.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Solozzo(m): 6:08am On Jan 09, 2014
OLAADEGBU: Nests in the Ark

"Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch." (Genesis 6:14)

Details surrounding the story of Noah and the Flood have long caused laymen and theologians alike to stumble and compromise.

None could argue that the wording was not clear.  God had commanded Noah to build a wooden boat of huge dimensions and to take on board representatives of land-dwelling, air-breathing animals.  The Flood, Scripture reveals, devastated the entire world.  But nineteenth-century theologians, pressed on by Hutton, Lyell, and others proposing the new uniformitarian interpretation of earth history, became convinced that the scriptural account must be understood in a figurative sense.  Their twentieth-century counterparts repeat this error, promulgating the non-biblical idea that the Flood was only local.

Some have wondered how Noah could gather all the animals, but the Bible simply says they "went in two and two unto Noah into the ark" (7:9), evidently migrating to the location on God’s command.

Their care while on the Ark has also been raised as a problem.  But, in all likelihood, the animals entered a state of semi-dormancy, as nearly all of their descendants do today when faced with danger over which they have no control and from which they cannot flee.

Scripture supports this idea in our text: The word "rooms," which is more properly translated "nests" everywhere else in Scripture, implies a small place to sleep or nestle, rather than a large cage.  The job of caring for the animals may have been difficult, but our gracious God would have seen to it that it was possible.  Questions like these are no cause for compromise. JDM

Why so difficult to understand that this a myth geared towards encouraging the people of Israel to glorify the power of their god and they sprang from a pure ancestry. If you examine the story objectively it makes little sense to believe that a man over a hundred years old could assisted by only 7 people could build such an ark. Why did god not just create a new set of animals after the flood instead of asking to preserve them? That would have been easier.

It is said that: did god create man in his own image or did man create god in our own image?
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Solozzo(m): 6:24am On Jan 09, 2014
Godbest: Evil brain and the likes i seriously pity ur ignorance of THE WORD OF GOD THE BIBLE. Believe it or not d Bible is 100% accurate and correct.. It because of ur evil mind that y d truth is not know to you.. In Gen 6:7 the bible said that the main purpose of d flood was to destroy d wicked generation And God did that by his Ever great mighty Power. In Gen6:19 God told Noah to take just Two of every flesh and fowls male and female.. Food = Gen 6:21 tell us dat ALL FOOD were gotten 4 event. As of Hiv it is a punishment from God upon man in our generation. It was not in their generation. Pls remember He is God he know how to preserve the righteous from His punishment toward the sinner. And all those science lie that you are believing will put your life in danger...

There you go again with faith belief! You cannot even do a little reasoning with your brain and mind. Why are the stories of a single ancient Nigerian kingdom or Greek city state not in the bible? Do you that those genesis were written thousands of yeRs after the events they wrote about? The bible books were authoress cover less books.

The Noah flood story is mythical story of the Jews, that has no scientific basis of possibility. It makes a god who is harsh punitive and unforgiving because it reflects the mind of the ancient Jews. Compare this to the god preached by Jesus in the New Testament because the gospel authors were influenced by Hellenistic philosophy

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by ezme(m): 7:04am On Jan 09, 2014
peterphd: I don't understand all you said about numbers.

1.The tower of babel was built about 100 years after the said flood.Are you saying only six people ( Noah and his wife didn't have any more kids) reproduced enough to build a tower that threatened the bible god in 100 years?

2.If the global flood is true, who built the pyramids
because they were built at that period.

3.Tell us how six people gave birth to all the races in the world today.

please don't try to discredit radio-carbon dating.If you've got a better method, get into the lab and show us and maybe win a Nobel.by the way, how do I share a link here?

How did you arrive at this 100 years timeline between the flood and the Tower of babel?
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 09, 2014
Evil Brain: How did Noah fit 2 million insects (1 million species x 2) into the ark? And how did be manage to fit 12,000 amphibians, 20,000 birds, 11,000 mammals, 16,000 reptiles and god knows how many crustaceans, arachnids and mollusks into a boat that must have already been overflowing with insects? Where did he find space to keep a years worth of food for all those animals? How did he keep the meat for the Lions, tigers and other carnivores fresh for a whole year? Why did he take mosquitoes, tapeworms, guinea worms and the HIV virus aboard the ark? Did he infect himself with all those parasites, or did he force his wife and children to carry them? How come all the animals didn't freeze to death at 9,000 metres altitude (the height of Mount Everest which must have been underwater) Where did they find oxygen to breathe at that height? What did all the animals eat after getting off the ark? All the plants must have died after a year underwater, and all the animals would have drowned so no food for herbivores or carnivores. How come all the fish in the ocean survived? Saltwater fish can't survive in freshwater and the ocean would have been massively diluted with all that rain. Or did the ark also have a salty fish tank with space for 60,000 fish (30,000 species x 2)? And how did he feed all those fish?

Not that I'm doubting this ark story mind you. Its in the Bible after all, so it must be true. I'm just curious about a few technicalities. I'm sure you have good explanations for all of them.

Lets take for example sugar ants, hundreds of them converge on a cube of sugar and it takes days for those hundreds to finish ingesting it.. now if those ants were to be informed that there exists some other creatures, humans in particular who can eat 10cubes of sugar at once within seconds, lo and behold, they wont believe it..they wont comprehend it and they would criticize it...such is the level of our understanding..God is not powerful, He is power Himself and He is able to do all things.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by paparazzi1987(m): 10:04am On Jan 09, 2014
Evil Brain: How did Noah fit 2 million insects (1 million species x 2) into the ark? And how did be manage to fit 12,000 amphibians, 20,000 birds, 11,000 mammals, 16,000 reptiles and god knows how many crustaceans, arachnids and mollusks into a boat that must have already been overflowing with insects? Where did he find space to keep a years worth of food for all those animals? How did he keep the meat for the Lions, tigers and other carnivores fresh for a whole year? Why did he take mosquitoes, tapeworms, guinea worms and the HIV virus aboard the ark? Did he infect himself with all those parasites, or did he force his wife and children to carry them? How come all the animals didn't freeze to death at 9,000 metres altitude (the height of Mount Everest which must have been underwater) Where did they find oxygen to breathe at that height? What did all the animals eat after getting off the ark? All the plants must have died after a year underwater, and all the animals would have drowned so no food for herbivores or carnivores. How come all the fish in the ocean survived? Saltwater fish can't survive in freshwater and the ocean would have been massively diluted with all that rain. Or did the ark also have a salty fish tank with space for 60,000 fish (30,000 species x 2)? And how did he feed all those fish?

Not that I'm doubting this ark story mind you. Its in the Bible after all, so it must be true. I'm just curious about a few technicalities. I'm sure you have good explanations for all of them.

Mind you, you have evil brain....Mind you, your technicalities is highly good...Mind you, i dont have answers for this questions
wink wink wink wink
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by AjaoMT2: 10:20am On Jan 09, 2014
THE DELUGE
A world war was raging at the time.
In the thirty-fourth century B.C., a catastrophe of incredible magnitude intervened, causing the world to wobble and ripping the crust of the earth to shreds. A great Flood swept the whole planet.
November 17, 3398 B.C.7 That day was probably like most others: temperate, balmy.
In one longitude, millions were dining...entertaining...relaxing. Precisely at 8 P.M. the earth gave an enormous shudder.
Prodded by an outside force, the planet tilted on its axis, and amidst lightning and the worst thunder ever heard by man, the pristine vapour canopy began to disintegrate. A floodgate of rain was released upon the earth.
There could be no gentle rising of water. Cosmic forces of horrific violence came unleashed.
With a dreadful shock, large land masses with their populations slipped into the sea. The surface of the entire globe became as a giant maelstrom, in which continents and seas were churned up together.
Attended by a screaming hurricane, tidal waves of 6,000 feet swept toward the poles. A blanket of lava and asphyxiating gases extinguished all life.
This cataclysm wiped the Mother Civilization from the face of the earth and consigned its products to a watery grave forever.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by adexsimply(m): 10:21am On Jan 09, 2014
Caracta:

Do you understand English at all?
You know I don't sad
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by AjaoMT2: 10:22am On Jan 09, 2014
Not only were the antedeluvian people buried, but their technological achievements were destroyed, including all form of machinery and construction.
It is quite possible that areas which were most densely populated were submerged by the sea or buried under thousands of feet of debris. It has been scientifically estimated that over 75 percent of the earth’s surface is sedimentary in nature, extending, as in India, to 60,000 feet deep.
Indeed, the earth, torn and twisted and shaking, was not to quiet down for centuries. With no less than three thousand volcanoes in eruption, a dense cloud of dust enshrouded the earth, blocking out the sun and distorting the climate for hundreds of years. Thus began the Ice Age.

Culled from the book, Dead Men's Secrets by Jonathan Gray
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by AjaoMT2: 10:28am On Jan 09, 2014
The bible account is not the only account of Noah's flood.

An analysis of some 600 individual Flood traditions reveals a widespread concurrence on essential points:
the prior corruption of mankind,
a Flood warning unheeded by the masses,
A flood warning by the masses
a survival vessel,
the preservation of up to eight people with representative animal life,
the sending forth of a bird to determine the suitability of reemerging land,
significance in the rainbow,
descent from a mountain, and the repopulation of the whole earth from a single group of survivors.
Especially remarkable is the persistence of that biblical name Noah. And this is particularly so when you consider the ultimate language differences between peoples, and the extreme local distortions which developed in Flood legends.
Yet the name survived virtually unchanged in such isolated places as Hawaii (where he was called Nu-u), the Sudan (Nuh), China (Nu-Wah), the Amazon region (Noa), Phrygia (Noe) and among the Hottentots (Noh and Hiagnoh).
Think about this. Did each of these nations independently concoct the same name for its flood-surviving ancestor? Or did these widely separated peoples refer back to the same family of survivors?
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by khattab02: 11:53am On Jan 09, 2014
adexsimply:
You know I don't sad
hahaha..
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by makahlj2: 11:54am On Jan 09, 2014
I wonder, was there a blue whale in the Ark?

2 Likes

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2014
AjaoMT2: The bible account is not the only account of Noah's flood.

An analysis of some 600 individual Flood traditions reveals a widespread concurrence on essential points:
the prior corruption of mankind,
a Flood warning unheeded by the masses,
A flood warning by the masses
a survival vessel,
the preservation of up to eight people with representative animal life,
the sending forth of a bird to determine the suitability of reemerging land,
significance in the rainbow,
descent from a mountain, and the repopulation of the whole earth from a single group of survivors.
Especially remarkable is the persistence of that biblical name Noah. And this is particularly so when you consider the ultimate language differences between peoples, and the extreme local distortions which developed in Flood legends.
Yet the name survived virtually unchanged in such isolated places as Hawaii (where he was called Nu-u), the Sudan (Nuh), China (Nu-Wah), the Amazon region (Noa), Phrygia (Noe) and among the Hottentots (Noh and Hiagnoh).
Think about this. Did each of these nations independently concoct the same name for its flood-surviving ancestor? Or did these widely separated peoples refer back to the same family of survivors?

I think you missed the boat...no pun intended. Most of the other traditions about the great flood precedes biblical accounts in most cases by a millennium.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by dammyeve: 12:39pm On Jan 09, 2014

The bible story of univrsal flood is a great fallacy, Egyptians and many oder tribes live @ d dat age and have no experience of flood. Also scientist revealed that there have been no time of universal flood. Quran also confirmed that the flood is restricted to the tribe of Noah only. Scientists also confirm the existience of th flood @ d location of the tribe of Noah as written in d bible
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by emmanuelajayi(m): 1:02pm On Jan 09, 2014

You must have heard the yoruba say God is "Awamaridi" u cant understand the least of Him
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by AjaoMT2: 1:47pm On Jan 09, 2014
Sarassin:

I think you missed the boat...no pun intended. Most of the other traditions about the great flood precedes biblical accounts in most cases by a millennium.
Can you quote the sources that precede the bible by a millennium? Kindly substantiate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

South Africans Mock Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Over Joystick Erectile Miracle / Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo Saves Lady From 30 Robbers / Prophecies That Failed In 2021 - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.