Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,163 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

"How Large Was Noah's Ark?" - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" (51231 Views)

Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? / Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed / Are Large/Mega-churches Biblical? How Large Is A Church Supposed To Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Nobody: 12:50am On Jan 08, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

We know God exists.

what we are trying to say is that christianity is a scam and the christian version of God is a lie and deceit.
I need you to explain this your reckless statement. How do you know we know God exist? Another guesser! lipsrsealed
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by emmyoha87(m): 12:52am On Jan 08, 2014
phuck_NL:

This is why we need to ask questions and not just "forcefully accept what is given to us"
If you bothered to read my comments at all, you would have noticed where I stated SEVERAL times that I believe in GOD but do not believe in any INSTITUTION or BOOK written by MAN because they are riddled with LIES. You have ignored my main question and just stuck to your "YOU just have to believe it or go away"

Simple question. MAN wrote the BIBLE. Prove to me that the original writers did not lie. I am not here to debate GOD. To each his own. You can not debate supernatural things because it is based on "FAITH and BELIEF"
What you can debate, on the other hand, is THE BIBLE STORIES written by MAN. My question stands. How can you tell me with 100% accuracy that LIES have not been told since the religious books did not MIRACOUSLY appear but were WRITTEN over several YEARS by MAN. This is the man issue here. I maintain LIES have been told and the NOAH's ARK story is one of them

If you are streetwise and can see through the lies in the words of men, read Genesis to Revelation, if you still see a lie in the book then don't bother yourself.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58am On Jan 08, 2014
Evil Brain:

How did Noah fit 2 million insects (1 million species x 2) into the ark? And how did be manage to fit 12,000 amphibians, 20,000 birds, 11,000 mammals, 16,000 reptiles and god knows how many crustaceans, arachnids and mollusks into a boat that must have already been overflowing with insects?

This is the problem you get yourself into when you don't read the Jamb questions before you start to answer them. Let's keep to the syllabus shall we? The Genesis account states that only land-dwelling, air-breathing animals were included on the Ark ("in which is the breath of life, Genesis 7:15, 22"wink.

Evil Brain:

Where did he find space to keep a years worth of food for all those animals? How did he keep the meat for the Lions, tigers and other carnivores fresh for a whole year?

Even If we are to use the small 18 inch cubit, Noah's Ark was large enough to hold all the required animals, people and food with room to spare.

Evil Brain:

Why did he take mosquitoes, tapeworms, guinea worms and the HIV virus aboard the ark? Did he infect himself with all those parasites, or did he force his wife and children to carry them?

Strawman's argument.

Evil Brain:

How come all the animals didn't freeze to death at 9,000 metres altitude (the height of Mount Everest which must have been underwater) Where did they find oxygen to breathe at that height?

For your information, the mountains then were not so high. The mountains you see today were only formed toward the end of, and after the Flood by collision of the tectonic plates and the associated up-thrusting.

Evil Brain:

What did all the animals eat after getting off the ark? All the plants must have died after a year underwater, and all the animals would have drowned so no food for herbivores or carnivores.

Steak. cool

Evil Brain:

How come all the fish in the ocean survived? Saltwater fish can't survive in freshwater and the ocean would have been massively diluted with all that rain. Or did the ark also have a salty fish tank with space for 60,000 fish (30,000 species x 2)? And how did he feed all those fish?

Most ocean fish can survive considerable reductions in the salinity of water, even though they cannot go all the way to the near-zero salinity of fresh water. In constrast, most freshwater life is intolerant to more than a slight elevation of salt levels in the water. There is also a range of brackish water (about 5-10% the salinity of current ocean water) that would be tolerated by nearly all ocean fish as well as a significant fraction of freshwater fish. And like I said, the fishes were not on board and Noah didn't have to feed them.

Evil Brain:

Not that I'm doubting this ark story mind you. Its in the Bible after all, so it must be true. I'm just curious about a few technicalities. I'm sure you have good explanations for all of them.

Read the Bible and you will see that true science confirms it. cool

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:59am On Jan 08, 2014
phuck_NL:

It is not a myth, It is a lie.

You are well entitled to your opinion.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by narmani: 1:05am On Jan 08, 2014
Ranchhoddas: Did Noah also take bacteria and viruses into the ark or did the survive the flood? There are approximately 8.7million species,this is excluding extinct and yet to be discovered species.Male and female of these give 17.4million species.This is what you are saying entered the ark.Even modern christians are now seeing the implausibility of the story and are now claiming it is an allegory...
modern Christians? who, for God's sake is modernising Christianity? its not an OS to be upgraded. God doesn't change not even in a million years to come. I don't have to understand how all that happen. just believe and with my whole heart and I'll see God working. God's ways never change.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by kandiikane(m): 1:31am On Jan 08, 2014
phuck_NL:

A lot of people do not dispute GOD. Most just BELIEVE that the PEOPLE who wrote RELIGIOUS books LIED/Spiced up things to get people to believe them. The flood probably happened and the ark was probably built. It was probably localized to a certain region and he probably saved a handful of domesticated animals which the writers than exaggerated to include the entire world.

With regards, to carbon dating, trust me its at least 95% accurate. You only need a 50% accuracy to realize that the dates stated by those who wrote religious books is wrong. They simply wrote what they taught was right at the time without evidence to back it up. Same thing with the RAINBOW story. Most of these things were basically what they taught at the time and they then coined it into religious books. I believe in my GOD but I do not believe the lies in all religious books. I believe if I am good to myself and my fellow man I will make heaven regardless of what anyone thinks. I do not have to pray through anyone and I do not have to go to any institution or read any book to know that being GOOD is the right thing.

I seriously applaud you for this post!!

2 Likes

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by narmani: 1:37am On Jan 08, 2014
LordAdam: . There's a sharp divide between Moses dividing the Red Sea (which can be done by magic) and Noah building an ark that accommodated all living animals.

haha!!! Are you for real?? what magic do you think could divide the red sea? I'm pretty much curious o. so magic is now your standards for believing?? if it can't be achieved via magic, forget it, right?
Lord help us.

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by PopeXanderVII: 1:57am On Jan 08, 2014
It's funny how Africans don't believe Oduduwa came down from Heaven on a Ladder, yet you believe a Tale as Outrageous and as ridiculous as the Tale of Noah.

2 Likes

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by vicksbaba(m): 2:22am On Jan 08, 2014
unbelievers... or should I call you unbelieving believers.....

The God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, the God who parted the red sea, feed multitudes of men with 5 breads and two fishes ...the God who plagued the Egyptians, the God who feed his children with manna from heaven, he made water flow from a rock , he made a donkey speak, he even made the sun and moon stand Still, he made Elisha bones resurrect the dead.....

don't you have fear for the lord? how dare you question his ways? you want to understand his principles? you want to know his ways? that same principle he used to lay the foundation of the earth, that same principle he used to place the stars, that same principle which you can never comprehend, never ever comprehend is the same principle he used to keep all animals on Noah's Ark....

as at last year, I once questioned the Bible, I questioned facts....the story of Noah's Ark made me laugh just like what that guy....brain or evil brain(didn't check ur name.....I fink it's one of those )..... did.....yes I criticized d Bible, putting it in an innocent manner....saying "Hey! i am not saying the Bible isn't correct "....i used scientific facts, name is fossil records, carbon datting....i even had a note book only for criticism....o lord thank you for that visitation......You don't want to experience the wrath of God
....now I can say I am changed through Christ that strengthens me.....not that God punished me....no.....he just opened my eyes, and gave me that wisdom.....not to read the Bible literally... but to do it with wisdom...... since then I can tell you and bet my head that the Bible is the word of God..... his words never lie......never....

what God perceives as foolishness is wiser than the wisdom of Men......

I will end it this way.....if you have doubts about your Bible, please pray that you are guided by the holy spirit as you read

let me also add this

Thou didst hide these things from the
wise and intelligent and didst reveal
them to babes. (Luke 10:21,
Matthew 11:25)

do you want to know why many wouldn't believe the story of Noah and some don't believe the entire Bible?

well it goes like this

* Disbelievers don't know the
context, and sometimes don't even
know that context is necessary.

* Disbelievers don't know what kind
of book the Bible is.

* The Bible was not written to
disbelievers.

* Effective communication must be
species-appropriate. (disbelivers are wrong species )

* God actively hides His message
from disbelievers.

I am using the tern disbelivers instead of unbelivers because.... unbelievers don't know Christ...........
but those who know him and doubt his word are those I call disbelivers
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by vicksbaba(m): 2:43am On Jan 08, 2014
there is still hope for you disbelivers.... REPENT.... ASK for guidance and intuition from d holy spirit...... he will guide you.....that is a promise....

Jesus made that promise to use in the Bible

Jesus said the Holy Spirit will teach you
what is true (John 13:6 ). The Spirit will
help you understand and remember
God’s word (John 14:26 ). He will guide
your steps ( Mark 1:12 , Luke 2:27 ).
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by donwilly84: 2:50am On Jan 08, 2014
The ways of God is quite different from the ways of men.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Onliie(m): 3:10am On Jan 08, 2014
Evil Brain: How did Noah fit 2 million insects (1 million species x 2) into the ark? And how did be manage to fit 12,000 amphibians, 20,000 birds, 11,000 mammals, 16,000 reptiles and god knows how many crustaceans, arachnids and mollusks into a boat that must have already been overflowing with insects? Where did he find space to keep a years worth of food for all those animals? How did he keep the meat for the Lions, tigers and other carnivores fresh for a whole year? Why did he take mosquitoes, tapeworms, guinea worms and the HIV virus aboard the ark? Did he infect himself with all those parasites, or did he force his wife and children to carry them? How come all the animals didn't freeze to death at 9,000 metres altitude (the height of Mount Everest which must have been underwater) Where did they find oxygen to breathe at that height? What did all the animals eat afte[b][/b]r getting off the ark? All the plants must have died after a year underwater, and all the animals would have drowned so no food for herbivores or carnivores. How come all the fish in the ocean survived? Saltwater fish can't survive in freshwater and the ocean would have been massively diluted with all that rain. Or did the ark also have a salty fish tank with space for 60,000 fish (30,000 species x 2)? And how did he feed all those fish?

Not that I'm doubting this ark story mind you. Its in the Bible after all, so it must be true. I'm just curious about a few technicalities. I'm sure you have good explanations for all of them.
maybe the number of species of animals are not as many then as it is now. Evolution might have occurred later.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Nobody: 3:50am On Jan 08, 2014
n_armani: haha!!! Are you for real?? what magic do you think could divide the red sea? I'm pretty much curious o. so magic is now your standards for believing?? if it can't be achieved via magic, forget it, right?
Lord help us.
You haven't seen anything yet! The worse is yet to come.So,expect more magic. grin
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Icudkill: 4:12am On Jan 08, 2014
Joshthefirst: if you'd calm down and think, you'd realize that viruses and bacteria change much faster than more complex organisms, in minutes, they reproduce, in days, they adapt. Go and do some reading.
And when those animals got off that ark, they met a completely different earth awaiting them, a scarred earth with a diffferent climate. The environmental pressures will cause them to adapt even faster, or die. Evolution does not follow a specific time graph. It simply depends on the degree of adaptation.

And evolution in its basic sense is simply change. The adaptation of organisms to their environments, the creation of new varieties of the same kind of organism as it adapts locally to a particular environment. I believe in that kind of change, as it happens around us, but I don't believe in change of kind. Darwinian change of kind is a foolish speculation, a very foolish one.

sorry, but simply shut up and show us how the event of a global flood is a lie. Did you open the links and read them? You've made no single argument so far.

And carbon dating is very inaccurate and prone to contamination and does not even consider the earth's rapidly decaying magnetic field as I said.

So show us the lies in this recorded event or be quiet sir. Mere accusations and shouting "it's a lie" will only fool grossly gullible people.

Thank you.
lemme be objective.

Evolution does not follow a specific time graph. It simply depends on the degree of adaptation. this is true

And carbon dating is very inaccurate and prone to contamination and does not even consider the earth's rapidly decaying magnetic field as I said. buh here ure simply lying
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Icudkill: 4:26am On Jan 08, 2014
Pimples:

That is very possible.
People got married very early back then.
Since man was still close to perfection, I'll assume infertility was non-existent. Folks back then were very virile.
Hence 25 years after the flood would have us see each of noah's 3 sons having an average of 10 sons each (it's possible. Back then there was no family planning)
If they each got married at the start of puberty then it's quite possible to have a good number to start the tower of Babel

Like I said eairlier, Using scientific knowledge as a basis for judging events in the past would be faulty.
Even science is quite limited in what it currently knows.
As for the argument about species, even science does not have a complete record of all the species on earth. Infact, new species are still being discovered till today.
Some of this new species might actually be variants of previously known species that changed due to certain yet to be known factors
Just like a mixed dog breed might be confused to be a new specie if the breeding process was not documented.

The best we can do is speculate.
There is nothing immpossible for the creator of life God.
We just need more faith in him.

did u consider effects of disease, famine, wars etc. cos we all know d world has ne'er been a perfect place to live
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Solozzo(m): 5:39am On Jan 08, 2014
I think the Noah flood story is a myth, or at best, was a local flood event in the area Noah lived. He probably survived the flood with a few other people. The bible writers may have blown the story out of proportion to illustrate that faithfulness to God is the key to survival. Mind you the genesis story were written not even by Moses but by unknown Jews in about 600 and something BC while enslaved in Babylon.

Myths were woven into the stories and they did not expect anyone to believe the story as true, just like we do not expect our children to believe folk tales of tortoise and the rabbit as true. The aim of Noah flood story is to emphasise to the Jews that if you are faithful to Yahweh you can survive any peril; be it floods, volcanoes, earthquakes. Mind you they were refugees, prisoners and slaves in Babylon when these stories were written and they needed all the encouragement to hold fast to their religion.

This should be the perspective from which to understand all bible stories; they are not accurate historical accounts of events, hence have no authors names , but just to illustrate points regarding power of God and man's relationship to the cosmic. Always ask what is the lesson here not what the event is when you read bible stories. 98 percent of the stories are mythical but are of theological benefit to those who are religious.

4 Likes

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by oiseworld: 6:05am On Jan 08, 2014
phuck_NL:

Try and read from the first page before jumping into conclusions. If I analyze your statement, the deduction about who is or who isn't a f00l might backfire on you.
I do not think anyone disputes that NOAH's ARK was built. Heck, the title of the thread is "how big was it"
The question is how possible would it have been to build an ark so big, it would house all the animals for one year amongst other things.

If what you want is the measurement and size of the ship, then go back to the Bible it gives accurate measurement of the size of the ark. We have ships today that can house every animal in the world. If it can be done now then it could be done then.

Genesis 6 should help.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Sike(m): 7:01am On Jan 08, 2014
Chai! People dey think sha! SmH
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by goldolu: 7:38am On Jan 08, 2014
Evil Brain: How did Noah fit 2 million insects (1 million species x 2) into the ark? And how did be manage to fit 12,000 amphibians, 20,000 birds, 11,000 mammals, 16,000 reptiles and god knows how many crustaceans, arachnids and mollusks into a boat that must have already been overflowing with insects? Where did he find space to keep a years worth of food for all those animals? How did he keep the meat for the Lions, tigers and other carnivores fresh for a whole year? Why did he take mosquitoes, tapeworms, guinea worms and the HIV virus aboard the ark? Did he infect himself with all those parasites, or did he force his wife and children to carry them? How come all the animals didn't freeze to death at 9,000 metres altitude (the height of Mount Everest which must have been underwater) Where did they find oxygen to breathe at that height? What did all the animals eat after getting off the ark? All the plants must have died after a year underwater, and all the animals would have drowned so no food for herbivores or carnivores. How come all the fish in the ocean survived? Saltwater fish can't survive in freshwater and the ocean would have been massively diluted with all that rain. Or did the ark also have a salty fish tank with space for 60,000 fish (30,000 species x 2)? And how did he feed all those fish?

all these are canal questions, hw did God create them in the first place? Rain drop on the soil does not stay fresh, only wandering what
Human technicality has to do with the devine
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by goldolu: 7:40am On Jan 08, 2014
Evil Brain: How did Noah fit 2 million insects (1 million species x 2) into the ark? And how did be manage to fit 12,000 amphibians, 20,000 birds, 11,000 mammals, 16,000 reptiles and god knows how many crustaceans, arachnids and mollusks into a boat that must have already been overflowing with insects? Where did he find space to keep a years worth of food for all those animals? How did he keep the meat for the Lions, tigers and other carnivores fresh for a whole year? Why did he take mosquitoes, tapeworms, guinea worms and the HIV virus aboard the ark? Did he infect himself with all those parasites, or did he force his wife and children to carry them? How come all the animals didn't freeze to death at 9,000 metres altitude (the height of Mount Everest which must have been underwater) Where did they find oxygen to breathe at that height? What did all the animals eat after getting off the ark? All the plants must have died after a year underwater, and all the animals would have drowned so no food for herbivores or carnivores. How come all the fish in the ocean survived? Saltwater fish can't survive in freshwater and the ocean would have been massively diluted with all that rain. Or did the ark also have a salty fish tank with space for 60,000 fish (30,000 species x 2)? And how did he feed all those fish?

all these are canal questions, hw did God create them in the first place? Rain drop on the soil does not stay fresh, only wandering what
Human technicality has to do with the devine
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by MoPearl(f): 7:45am On Jan 08, 2014

why don't you ask the Almighty?
O ye of little faith?
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Ranchhoddas: 7:45am On Jan 08, 2014
n_armani: modern Christians? who, for God's sake is modernising Christianity? its not an OS to be upgraded. God doesn't change not even in a million years to come. I don't have to understand how all that happen. just believe and with my whole heart and I'll see God working. God's ways never change.
yes,just the way an islamic terrorist does not have to question the koran before blowing himself and others up.that is what religion thrives on-blind faith,don't question it.

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by drehdinho(m): 7:56am On Jan 08, 2014
With man all these are impossible but with God all things are POSSIBLE. So you see now that human scientific or whatever can not comprehend God's work. The more you deep your thinking into God's work, the less you see.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Onuokwu: 8:13am On Jan 08, 2014
Evil Brain:

The numbers I quoted refer to the species alive today. If they weren't all admitted to the ark, then how did they survive?

And no, the saltwater fish could not have survived. Very few fish species can survive such drastic changes in salinity. The vast majority would have died long before all the land was covered.

I noticed that you didn't address the fact that there simply isn't enough space for even a tiny fraction of those animals to fit on the ark as described in the bible. Even a hundred arks couldnt have fit all the food (and shït) they would have gone through in a month, not to talk of a year. Also there's the altitude problem. And the post deluge food problem. And the problem of which one of Noah's family members was HIV positive.

I didn't even ask how all the animals only found on isolated islands and continents (like kangaroos, ostriches, lemurs and the various species of giant tortoises) managed to find their way to the middle east to climb into the ark. Did they swim across the oceans? Did they swim back after the flood? And how come kangaroos and lemurs didn't leave a single descendant behind in Eurasia or Africa during their long walk/swim back to Australia/Madagascar? You'd think you'd find every class of animal living around the area where the ark landed instead of species being geographically isolated the way they are.

Like I said before, I'm not doubting the story. The Bible is obviously 100% correct in every way. I just want to clear up a few grey areas.

Just accept it by faith!

Hebrews 11:1
2 Corinthians 5:7
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Rexyl(m): 8:19am On Jan 08, 2014
phuck_NL:

I am happy that you at least chose to answer me. A lot of people will simply just say "atheist, go away"
Anyway, I admire your opinion even though I oppose it. Is it wrong for me to question "the people" you say were inspired by God if a lot of the things they wrote down seem unbelievable? The reason I question it is because history has shown us that our ancestors are big time liars and they used to use fear to control people. We have this in African history. The only difference is that our African ancestors did not document ours in a book form. We have Sango who use to throw lightning to name a few. A lot of people claim this is false. Would they have believed our African folklore if it had been coined in a book and sold to us by the same people who brought the likes of Noah's Ark?

I know I'm pushing you into a corner but we these questions need to be asked

The world of spirit and the physical are are different things which influence each other. Believing, relying and calling on deities/gods for quick signs without following a written document don't come just like that without proper dedication to certain ordinances and doing rituals. Christians ritual to appease God is the documented words of grace and truth of the New testament. Asking and receiving from God depends on trust/faith and obedience to Him, His mercy and grace.

Certain circumstances may contend the originality of message as given by God through revelation but its validity is a function of what it meant to achieve at a time or all times and what is required from people.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Greatihex(m): 8:28am On Jan 08, 2014

. Remember, the animals were cumin on dia own.
Wt man they re nt possible, bt wt God, al tins are possible.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by joe4christ(m): 8:36am On Jan 08, 2014

Man, when you choose to follow the path of Religion, be ready to kiss goodbye to Rationality and embrace Faith.
That is all!
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by joe4christ(m): 9:01am On Jan 08, 2014
Pimples: I seriously think trying to use science to fault the Bible is wrong....
As some one mentioned earlier, Carbon Dating as well as other scientific dating methods are not accurate and are largely unreliable.
Each method gives u a different date for the origin of the earth.
Science has not, cannot and will never answer all questions......
One of such questions is how life came to exist in the first place......
There is this tendency for we humans to think like humans....whereas God has said that his ways are higher than our ways......
Never underestimate the power of God.
What science might view to be illogical or impossible, is very possible with God.
Hence, since we were not there....we can only speculate as to how the whole process of the flood was carried out.....
But one thing is sure....the flood of Noah's day actually happened.

[size=15pt]@ OP
Going by the specifications in the bible,and in simple comparism the ark was supposed to have been slightly larger than 2 standard football fields[/size]

And i suppose less than ten people (A single family) built it...
You accept things like this by faith only, else you might be in need to get ya head cross-examined...
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Chidiphilip(m): 9:44am On Jan 08, 2014
Actually;there MUST be a way that GOD made all these possible!!!!
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 08, 2014
LordAdam:

When was it proven? By whom? Show me a link or a book, maybe I missed something. All I've seen is a continuum of outrageous claims that'd only be accepted by like-religious minds. So-called Christian Scientists can make mind-boggling exertions because they're trying to proof based on the bible not willing to entertain any questioning. This evidently creates a lot of holes.

Now if you choose to chew on that cherry-picked puke, fine by me. Just don't make baseless stats on a public forum.

Lord

I am a curious individual and so ask questions and entertain such. Having been in your position before now, I am obliged to assist sincere and honest ones who are truly interested in knowing the facts. You are not under compulsion to accept such, however I welcome constructive criticism.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Jaerymes(m): 10:26am On Jan 08, 2014

The problem with man is that man has failed to realize that God is not man!! He created the world, don't you think he could manipulate it however he wants? He is the creator of the rules you mentioned above, therefore isn't limited by them! Just like the playstation was created for "gaming", sony being the builder can as well convert it to a DVD player if they want. The playstation is not above sony, sony is above the playstation and whatever the playstation is/wouldbe, is a result of sony's decision.

God knew man would be so shallow thats why he asked in the bible not to question him.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by abacusCm(m): 10:38am On Jan 08, 2014
emmyoha87:

If you are streetwise and can see through the lies in the words of men, read Genesis to Revelation, if you still see a lie in the book then don't bother yourself.

The bible (original one) is a scripture from God but today's bibles contain many contradictions due to human errors.Infact there are 101 errors in today's bible

e.g 1. Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?

God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)
Satan did (I Chronicles 2 1:1)
2. In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?

Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
One million, one hundred thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)
3. How many fighting men were found in Judah?

Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
Four hundred and seventy thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)
4. God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?

Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)
Three (I Chronicles 21:12)
5. How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem?

Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26)
Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2)
6. How old was Jehoiachin when he became king of Jerusalem?

Eighteen (2 Kings 24:cool
Eight (2 Chronicles 36:9)
So therefore bible version of Noah's Ark may not be true.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? / Deeper Life Lady Lists '20 Facts' About Godly Female Members Of Her Church / Prophet Has Sex With His Church Member's Wife And Threatens To Kill Him (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.