Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information (122656 Views)

Nigerians Protesting Right Now In Malaysia / Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Jayne2014(f): 4:22pm On Jun 09, 2016
barleeh:

Just got a rejection letter from TUM d university in Germany I was hoping on dis morning,I have been holding on d VDR process because of it,since I have been denied the admission, so i'm fully down for Malaysia now,Pls how did u pay for ur VDR? And did u do d medicals for ur VDR too?
I paid with my gtbank Naira Mastercard. The school has a portal for that. Alternatively, someone there can help you pay and send you proof of payment. Depends on your school though. I did medicals and sent the documents to the school via mail. I hear they are re organizing the process.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by allhavesinned: 4:24pm On Jun 09, 2016
barleeh:

Please I heard Malaysia visa is now crazy,that everything has changed, pls can u shed more lights on it, pls list d process and the documents submitted to the embassy for u to get d Visa
Thanks

Check the first page of this thread and you will see everything you need to know about Malaysian Student Visa Application. There is no medical rather your documents, contact the school you're interested and ask question (s)
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 5:02pm On Jun 09, 2016
allhavesinned:

Check the first page of this thread and you will see everything you need to know about Malaysian Student Visa Application. There is no medical rather your documents, contact the school you're interested and ask question (s)
Yh, I've read it several times but I just heard the process is now totally different, that's why am trying to get our newest traveller to confirm or debunk dis, just want be aware of the changes, the problem with Upm is dey don't reply Emails most times
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 5:31pm On Jun 09, 2016
Jayne2014:

I paid with my gtbank Naira Mastercard. The school has a portal for that. Alternatively, someone there can help you pay and send you proof of payment. Depends on your school though. I did medicals and sent the documents to the school via mail. I hear they are re organizing the process.
I trying to make use of form A, I waited for abt 4hours at firstbank today before I left for UBA, the guy that handles the form A was not on sit and they keep telling me he would soon be around, UBA gave me d checklist of documents to come with tomorrow for d transaction, I just pray it works out
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Jayne2014(f): 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2016
barleeh:

I trying to make use of form A, I waited for abt 4hours at firstbank today before I left for UBA, the guy that handles the form A was not on sit and they keep telling me he would soon be around, UBA gave me d checklist of documents to come with tomorrow for d transaction, I just pray it works out
Hopefully it will work out for you.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by allhavesinned: 6:19am On Jun 10, 2016
barleeh:

The process is same, I live here in Malaysia, so it's same process from school to Emgs then u start tracking ur application online with ur passport number. You have to first choose the Uni then check their requirements. You can check UCSI, Taylors, UPM, UM, Inti, Sunway, USM, and others
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 8:11am On Jun 10, 2016
allhavesinned:

The process is same, I live here in Malaysia, so it's same process from school to Emgs then u start tracking ur application online with ur passport number. You have to first choose the Uni then check their requirements. You can check UCSI, Taylors, UPM, UM, Inti, Sunway, USM, and others
Thanks bro,u have really been helpful on this thread, I have already gotten admission for masters in UPM since last year December, but I have been holding the process coz I was also hoping on my application to Canada and Germany, but they both bleeped me up unexpectedly, malaysia has always been my plan C right from the start, Pls is it indeed possible to get the VAL letter without medicals, as I don't wanna waste time and money on medicals since I will still do it in malaysia and registration starts Aug 24? Although I read it on EMGS website that exemption are giving to people applying for VAL for medicals and a upm Pdf also has it that if we can't do our pre medical check up in our home country we should proceed directly to the school, but when I sent a mail to the girl in charge she insisted on the medicals, that EMGS won't process my VAL without medicals, I just sent her another mail this morning with screen shot from EMGS website and Upm Pdf and am also aware some1 got d VAL in Upm without medicals.
What's ur advise pls
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by allhavesinned: 11:36am On Jun 10, 2016
barleeh:

Thanks bro,u have really been helpful on this thread, I have already gotten admission for masters in UPM since last year December, but I have been holding the process coz I was also hoping on my application to Canada and Germany, but they both bleeped me up unexpectedly, malaysia has always been my plan C right from the start, Pls is it indeed possible to get the VAL letter without medicals, as I don't wanna waste time and money on medicals since I will still do it in malaysia and registration starts Aug 24? Although I read it on EMGS website that exemption are giving to people applying for VAL for medicals and a upm Pdf also has it that if we can't do our pre medical check up in our home country we should proceed directly to the school, but when I sent a mail to the girl in charge she insisted on the medicals, that EMGS won't process my VAL without medicals, I just sent her another mail this morning with screen shot from EMGS website and Upm Pdf and am also aware some1 got d VAL in Upm without medicals.
What's ur advise pls

EMGS is not accepting medicals but to be on the safe side, just go to any nearby medical center ( FMC or general hospital) and do the medicals. General Medical test and x-ray
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 4:59pm On Jun 10, 2016
allhavesinned:

EMGS is not accepting medicals but to be on the safe side, just go to any nearby medical center ( FMC or general hospital) and do the medicals. General Medical test and x-ray
Thanks bro EMGS just replied me, I don't need d medicalsDear Adedokun,

Thank you for writing to Education Malaysia Global Services.

We refer to your email pertaining to your passport number

Please be informed that EMGS does not require Pre-arrival Medical Screening report for International Students applying to study at Public University in Malaysia. Kindly liaise with your institution on the Pre-arrival Medical Screening requirement.

Should you have further enquiries, please contact us via email at enquiry@emgs.com.my or via call at 03-2782 5888. Our Contact Centre’s operating hours are between 9:00am to 8:00pm, Monday to Sunday, including Public Holidays.

Download the EMGS mobile app to track your application status directly from your phone. Click here to download: http:///tdPQFP .Please visit our website at www.educationmalaysia.gov.my for more information.

Warm regards,

Gayathri
Education Malaysia Global Services

Disclaimer: This email has been sent on behalf of Education Malaysia Global Services (Company No. 986610-U) with registered offices at Level 8, Symphony House, Pusat Dagangan Dana 1, Jalan PJU 1A/46, 47301, Petaling Jaya Selangor. Please note that this message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us on enquiry@emgs.com.my and remove it from
your system. EMGS may monitor email traffic data and also the content of email for the purposes of security and staff training. The data you supply may be stored and used for the purposes of visa application processing or the management of information within STARS or www.educationmalaysia.gov.my EMGS will deal with any personal information supplied in accordance with the Personal Data
Protection Act 2010 and will only do so fairly and securely. By responding to this email, you agree to the use of any personal data in this way.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Truth234(m): 7:04pm On Jun 10, 2016
@barleeh edit your passport number
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 4:20pm On Jun 11, 2016
Truth234:
@barleeh edit your passport number
This is the new requirements, thought eligibility letter is for people going for undergraduate

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Truth234(m): 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2016
barleeh:

This is the new requirements, thought eligibility letter is for people going for undergraduate

Eligibility letter is for all foreign students.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by our9ja: 11:26am On Jun 17, 2016
Has anyone gone to Abuja embassy recently please share your experience immediate eating my Val next week
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by our9ja: 11:27am On Jun 17, 2016
I mean I'm expecting my Val next week
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 10:20pm On Jun 17, 2016
our9ja:
I mean I'm expecting my Val next week
Which school and course?

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by sKeetz(m): 4:26am On Jun 19, 2016
I need advise, I am looking to study either in Malaysia or Cyprus for my undergraduate, which is a better option for me ?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by our9ja: 8:58am On Jun 19, 2016
Mahsa college Business Administration
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Truth234(m): 10:44am On Jun 19, 2016
sKeetz:
I need advise, I am looking to study either in Malaysia or Cyprus for my undergraduate, which is a better option for me ?

Malaysia is cost-effective compared to Cyprus, but at the end of the day your decision depend on your circumstance.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 10:40am On Jun 26, 2016
Hello erry1, pls i'm sending my documents for VDR tomorrow, please I want to know the best courier company to use to send it, how long does it takes with cost effectiveness. Thanks
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by youngbilly1: 5:53pm On Jun 30, 2016
Students who are intending to study in Malaysia.

I went through the thread and found out some people are applying for Public Universities in Malaysia.

Well i'm studying here in Malaysia, from my experience private universities are better than the public universities. I studied in UPM after some months I had to leave, I still have friends there who are regretting their decision to remain there. Reasons because the public universities are dominated by Malaysian and some Indians who are terrible RACIST!. When it comes to admission process and visa renewal it's quite stressful, and for some other reasons their certificates are not well recognized overseas. Student should be aware that in MSC there is Masters by research and Masters by Course work.

Most Private Universities in Malaysia are UK awarded. Meaning their courses are thought in Malaysia and the degree is awarding by UK universities. "Though private universities are a little expensive" ranging from RM12,000 to RM20000 annually.

My opinion and advise to students intending to study Undergraduate or Masters should apply to private Universities. Student intending to study PHD can study in Public Malaysian universities because they are more respected than Undergraduate students in public universities.

Good private universities to apply too are
Sunway University
FTMS college
IUKL
Segi College
Westminster College.
First City University College
Or goto www.campusmalaysia.com

Best of luck to everyone.

Note: 1. "they don't give jobs to blacks here".
2. You don't need to pay your tuition fees on arrival in KLIA. You can make your tuition fee payment by wire transfer at your respective local banks in Nigeria. Keep the receipt of transaction and inform your university of your payment.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Cutehector(m): 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2016
Jayne2014:

u must be schooling at havard... cheesy
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 5:34am On Jul 23, 2016
Jayne2014:

Sup, so have u gotten ur VAL letter now?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 5:36am On Jul 23, 2016
deligatus:
Hello every one my VAL has being applied since a months and 3days now and it still 0%, its really fustrating. Could dis be a problem
So have you gotten ur VAL letter now?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Jayne2014(f): 7:24am On Jul 23, 2016
barleeh:

Sup, so have u gotten ur VAL letter now?
No, still at 15%. They said some documents are incomplete. I have sent new documents but they are yet to acknowledge. How far with yours?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by deligatus(m): 10:20am On Jul 23, 2016
barleeh:

So have you gotten ur VAL letter now?
the school refunded me n i just applied newly last week to another school
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 10:22am On Jul 23, 2016
Jayne2014:

No, still at 15%. They said some documents are incomplete. I have sent new documents but they are yet to acknowledge. How far with yours?
Ehya and u'av applied since April I guess,my documents got the last week Friday and it popped up on EMGS website on Monday but still @ 0%, d payment delayed me,i tried to pay with form A, and ma money got stocked with CBN,I was debited by the bank and I was told the transfer didn't go through, till now they have not refunded me, so I just have to had to open a domiciliary account, buy dollar at the parallel market@ 350/dollar , then wire it to d school account,it's really frustrating,I have been fighting for ma refund for more Dan 4 weeks now,i even had to send Email to CBN directly since the bank it's telling same story over and over again,this is the message I sent to CBN
Good morning ma/sir,
Please I tried to pay part of my school fees through form A using Diamond Bank‎, I got debited for the transaction on the 24/06/2016 at 6:56 PM for the purchase of $366 @ 284 naira to a dollar, which sum up to a total debit of 103,944 naira from my account, I was initially told by the bank that they Got forex from CBN for me, to my surprise when I requested for the proof of transfer, I was later told the transaction wasn't successful, the reason stated by the bank was that my documents didn't get to them on time, that the officer handling my case didn't send my documents to them, but the problem now is that my money has not be refunded till now and it's more than 2 weeks already, when I sent a complaint mail to the head office,then I got a call from the office telling me they returned the dollars to CBN for a repurchase to avoid being fined, that the money is now with CBN, that until CBN returns the money , that's when I will get credited, they also told me the repurchase process takes 2 weeks but it's more than 3 weeks and my money is still in the tin air. I don't understand why CBN would keep my money for more than 3weeks for what they would not do and I have already been denied forex to pay part of my tuition fee, pls I need an update on that, that's double punishment
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 10:26am On Jul 23, 2016
deligatus:
the school refunded me n i just applied newly last week to another school
why did they refund you, and I just learnt it's now allowed to apply directly to EMGS, after EMGS receive you documents and pay, they will now communicate with the school
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Jayne2014(f): 10:48am On Jul 23, 2016
barleeh:
Ehya and u'av applied since April I guess,my documents got the last week Friday and it popped up on EMGS website on Monday but still @ 0%, d payment delayed me,i tried to pay with form A, and ma money got stocked with CBN,I was debited by the bank and I was told the transfer didn't go through, till now they have not refunded me, so I just have to had to open a domiciliary account, buy dollar at the parallel market@ 350/dollar , then wire it to d school account,it's really frustrating,I have been fighting for ma refund for more Dan 4 weeks now,i even had to send Email to CBN directly since the bank it's telling same story over and over again,this is the message I sent to CBN
Good morning ma/sir,
Please I tried to pay part of my school fees through form A using Diamond Bank‎, I got debited for the transaction on the 24/06/2016 at 6:56 PM for the purchase of $366 @ 284 naira to a dollar, which sum up to a total debit of 103,944 naira from my account, I was initially told by the bank that they Got forex from CBN for me, to my surprise when I requested for the proof of transfer, I was later told the transaction wasn't successful, the reason stated by the bank was that my documents didn't get to them on time, that the officer handling my case didn't send my documents to them, but the problem now is that my money has not be refunded till now and it's more than 2 weeks already, when I sent a complaint mail to the head office,then I got a call from the office telling me they returned the dollars to CBN for a repurchase to avoid being fined, that the money is now with CBN, that until CBN returns the money , that's when I will get credited, they also told me the repurchase process takes 2 weeks but it's more than 3 weeks and my money is still in the tin air. I don't understand why CBN would keep my money for more than 3weeks for what they would not do and I have already been denied forex to pay part of my tuition fee, pls I need an update on that, that's double punishment
Sorry for your troubles. Mine just showed up on the website on Monday. They said that they made changes to the system, hence the delay.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 10:59am On Jul 23, 2016
Jayne2014:

Sorry for your troubles. Mine just showed up on the website on Monday. They said that they made changes to the system, hence the delay.
thank's, Mine also popped up on Monday, Ehya I just hope they process it asap before registration starts, I read it on thier website that it takes 14working days after they receive the complete documents and payment
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Jayne2014(f): 11:34am On Jul 23, 2016
barleeh:
thank's, Mine also popped up on Monday, Ehya I just hope they process it asap before registration starts, I read it on thier website that it takes 14working days after they receive the complete documents and payment
Yes it takes 14 working days. Let's watch and hope for the best.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by deligatus(m): 11:36am On Jul 23, 2016
barleeh:
why did they refund you, and I just learnt it's now allowed to apply directly to EMGS, after EMGS receive you documents and pay, they will now communicate with the school
the school said dae where undergoing upgrading to a universiti level n couldn't proceed with the VAL application payment n doc submission wit emgs
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 12:02pm On Jul 23, 2016
deligatus:
the school said dae where undergoing upgrading to a universiti level n couldn't proceed with the VAL application payment n doc submission wit emgs
Ehya,it dosent make sense at all, u should av been told much earlier

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply)

10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. / Swedish Admissions And Student Visa / Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.