Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Does Breastfeeding Prevents Pregnancy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Breastfeeding Prevents Pregnancy (1915 Views)

Wife Loses Pregnancy Of Two Months After Rape By Pastor-husband / Bride Breastfeeding Her Child On Wedding Day (pics) / Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Breastfeeding Prevents Pregnancy by davefieldpop(m): 8:48pm On Jan 02, 2014
Myself and wiffy just got a baby boy over two months ago, she is totally healed up and we are ready to get down to 'business' as usual.
The problem now is that im scared she may get pregnant again so soon and we have already clarified that abortion is a no-no, but she told me breastfeeding exclusively prevents pregnancy. She said family planning will affect her breast milk.
Any advice on the breastfeeding contraceptive method?
Re: Does Breastfeeding Prevents Pregnancy by lildray(m): 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2014
Breast feeding and sex will make the childs head bigger, so avoid it
Re: Does Breastfeeding Prevents Pregnancy by overdrive(m): 9:03pm On Jan 02, 2014
lildray: Breast feeding and sex will make the childs head bigger, so avoid it

U wicked ooo grin
Re: Does Breastfeeding Prevents Pregnancy by Adedayolayo(f): 9:08pm On Jan 02, 2014
Why don't you seek for professional counsel from medical perssonel? Iam sure that they will guide you right. Exclusive breast feeding has helped some before but it has failed some too.

1 Like

Re: Does Breastfeeding Prevents Pregnancy by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 03, 2014
Exclusive breast feeding if well practiced has a good success rate in preventing pregnancy, add withdrawal method to it for safer measures.Make sure baby sucks at least every 2-3 hours.
Re: Does Breastfeeding Prevents Pregnancy by coogar: 12:49am On Jan 03, 2014
davefieldpop: Myself and wiffy just got a baby boy over two months ago, she is totally healed up and we are ready to get down to 'business' as usual.
The problem now is that im scared she may get pregnant again so soon and we have already clarified that abortion is a no-no, but she told me breastfeeding exclusively prevents pregnancy. She said family planning will affect her breast milk.
Any advice on the breastfeeding contraceptive method?

two months after your wife just put to bed, you want to mount her again? dang - pity these women too. how do you know she's completely healed? you need to tie that weapon of yours with a rubber band. the arrival of the newborn should fill you with so much joy & sëx should be the last thing on your mind.
Re: Does Breastfeeding Prevents Pregnancy by thorpido(m): 7:57am On Jan 03, 2014
Breastfeeding exclusively used to work in preventing pregnancy but nowadays,the failure rate is high.You have to take up a form of contraception and I will suggest the proper use of condom.That will not affect bosom milk in any way.

1 Like

Re: Does Breastfeeding Prevents Pregnancy by mgbeketoto: 11:44am On Jan 03, 2014
Like any birth control. . . SUBJECT TO FAILURE!!!! kiss
Re: Does Breastfeeding Prevents Pregnancy by olymurphy(f): 12:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
It doesn't
Re: Does Breastfeeding Prevents Pregnancy by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 03, 2014
The failure rate is high because women are now too busy to stick judiciously to exclusive breast feeding.
Re: Does Breastfeeding Prevents Pregnancy by coogar: 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2014
byvan: The failure rate is high because women are now too busy to stick judiciously to exclusive breast feeding.

it has to be exclusive brëastfeeding to be effective - that's 6 hours interval everyday. if only one session is missed then failure is highly likely.
Re: Does Breastfeeding Prevents Pregnancy by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 03, 2014
Coogar 2-3 hrs is the ideal.

1 Like

Re: Does Breastfeeding Prevents Pregnancy by greatgod2012(f): 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2014
If exclusive breastfeeding is exclusively and religiously practiced, it has about 90% assurance of preventing pregnancy, but how many women really breastfeed exclusively these present days? That is where the problem lies.

1 Like

Re: Does Breastfeeding Prevents Pregnancy by greatgod2012(f): 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2014
coogar:

two months after your wife just put to bed, you want to mount her again? dang - pity these women too. how do you know she's completely healed? you need to tie that weapon of yours with a rubber band. the arrival of the newborn should fill you with so much joy & sëx should be the last thing on your mind.

If the woman is comfortable with it, what then is your own? Face front............ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does Breastfeeding Prevents Pregnancy by slimyem: 5:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
It has failed exclusively for two friends recently...cheesy
One got pregnant when her baby was 3 months old. The other at 4 months.
coogar:
..story!!
...like you would do any better.tongue
Re: Does Breastfeeding Prevents Pregnancy by teeyy: 6:33pm On Jan 03, 2014
My bro tell your wife to go for family planning as soon as possible, exclusive is too risky cos it. Doesn't work this days, (I mean exclusive without water) which is the real one, who told u family planning affect bossom feeding, don't let anybody deceive you. Its for ur own good, I am sure u wouldn't like it if your wife take in now, ITS BIG LIE it doesn't affect the child. She would choose the planning that suits her.

(1) (Reply)

10 Habits You’ll Pay For In 10 Years / Area Boys Attacked Fun Seekers, Stole Valuables In Lagos / How 'You Did Not Insist' Cost My Friend His Relationship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.