Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Confused About Life, why is it unfair? Pls Help! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Confused About Life, why is it unfair? Pls Help! (1641 Views)

My Open Letter To Squig Who's Confused About Getting Married Next Month / I Need Help! Its About Life And Death / Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused About Life, why is it unfair? Pls Help! by KingsJohnson(m): 9:12pm On Jan 02, 2014
What is life and why is it unfair?

For many years now i have been confused on the issue of what life is all about in the real sense, the role we are expected to play or is it a programmed thing like many have suggested. So, i have taken up the burden to seek opinion from my follow Nairalanders this 2014, cause i strongly believe that they are authorities and elites gathered in one forum called Nairaland, although some Yaba Left patients still roam around (laughs).

Now to the issue of life that bothers me, i discovered (although strictly my own observations) that the poor really have the passion to give and help others than their rich counterparts, but do to the fact that they dont have, they couldnt help the situation. Now mine question is why shouldnt anything that make people successful bless them (the good at heart), so that they will touch other people's lives and the world will be a better place for all of us.

Secondly, to the issue of been successful in life, only the rascals (few easy going ones) are at the top, those who beat their mothers, fought their fathers, but we the easy going ones who respect to the core, elders, younger ones even statutes (i mumu pass some people for Nairaland) but their counterpart dey smash people not to talk of statutes self and at the later run they are more successful than ever. Now can't you see that the world isn't balance at all.

Again, i have an uncle who loved children die that he can sacrifice his own life to save a child but, uptill today he is still childless and have none to call his own, but his counterpart that lives in the same compound with him treat children in such a way that even the devil Mr. Satan cant treat we adult in such a manner those children are bullied, he cant allow a child to stand in front of his door post not to talk of coming near him, cus he will shout and beat the hell out of the said child. Today, he has four children of his own while the other that loved children die had none and you said i shouldnt be confused on why life is unfair.

Thirdly, i will use the issue of sex as a case study here. As a boy i was taught by my Karma adherent that the more you have sex with girls, the more others will do same to your future wife, which is the Law of Karma must catch up with you and to the fact that i can't stand seeing another man playing with my future wife not to talk of taking her to bed, therefore i withdraw from doing such to other girls. But today i regretted ever taking such a decision cause i missed many great opportunity (sex) to live my life the way i wanted. Now to the main issue, the guy who taught me about that, also lived by that principle but he ended up getting married to an old bag. But, before the marriage we were like protesting against it on the fact that the lady is too promiscus, that she had had sex with almost all the guys around even our own landlord, but the guy changed the concept and replaced it with the principle of love is blind (blind indeed) but, his counterpart (i respect that guy till today) can sex anything in skirt, be it an underage, sugar mummies, even toys so far that you have a hole between your legs, you are good to go. However, he ended up with a young beautiful virgin, thatz when i lose my temper cause i was expecting him to end up with one of those old bags but for where.
So follow Nairalanders that where my fear crept in. So after many years of keeping and denying my self of the goodies of life, i will end up with a girl that i needn't contribute to her misfortunate, what a life indeed!

Lastly, my question is, i thought there is something somewhere that balance and regulate our lives here on earth and equally pays us in our own coins like the so called Law of Karma, if it really exist and if there is nothing anywhere to check our actions, why then is it so? For i thought there should be a something to check and balance our excesses.

2 Likes

Re: Confused About Life, why is it unfair? Pls Help! by True2myself24(f): 4:58am On Jan 03, 2014
What is life? I'll tell you one thing. With this thread you are going to get a whole lot of posts attempting to answer your question. None of them will be right and none of them will be wrong. They will all be different answers because there is no answer. Life and its meaning has to be defined by you and only you because you're the only one who gets to live your life. So enjoy the answers you find.
Re: Confused About Life, why is it unfair? Pls Help! by Tallotti: 5:57am On Jan 03, 2014
The ball is in your court!
Your destiny too! kiss

Holding on to a fantasy life of "what ifs", while the sweet reality passes by!

Very sad indeed! kiss
Re: Confused About Life, why is it unfair? Pls Help! by amazing2013: 6:03am On Jan 03, 2014
Life is that period on earth given to you by God to fulfill your purpose. To understand life, you need to know God and why He placed you on earth in the first place, after acquiring this knowledge you will then understand why you were/are; born when you were born, live where you live, come from a certain family, ran into certain people, schooled where you did, became a part of nairaland smiley etc. amongst other things. Invariably, know God first, understand His desire for you and then you will understand life.
Re: Confused About Life, why is it unfair? Pls Help! by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 03, 2014
Well, the essence of your post, as I understand it, is the question why life is unfair. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

This is a highly philosophical question that can't be answered in a simple way. To answer this question we would first have to define what is just and what is unjust, right or wrong, good or bad. That is controversial. Sleeping with many women can be considered bad but doesn't have to. So if a man sleeps with many women and these women consent, why should he be punished? Some people will think it's wrong and others will think it'S ok. This is just an example (taken from your post) of how different we can think of a situation.

Consequently, life is just or unjust according to how you approach it. I don't think that all rich people don't help and all poor are willing to share. You do and based on this you think it's unfair. I see rich people who help and rich people who don't. Therefore, I see some really nice people and others who are not that nice. Yet, I refuse to judge the latter, it's their money and their choice. To sum it up, I see both, evry nice people and people who are not as nice as the former. The point is that my view of the situation is more balanced and not so pessimistic.

I, personally, believe that there is a higher form of justice or what some people call karma. This is just my personal belief, I can't prove it. However, it works in its own time. It doesn't work in the way that someone does something bad and is immediately punished. If it did, we would have no free will because we would all the time be scared of the punishment that comes along with it with immediate effect. Still I believe that sooner or later people get what they deserve, be it good or bad. History confirms my belief:

“Remember that all through history, there have been tyrants and murderers,
and for a time, they seem invincible. But in the end, they always fall. Always.” (Gandhi)

To your initial question: What is life?

Life is a gift. It is short. It is not easy and it wasn't meant to be easy, life was was nothing but meant to be lived. It doesn't owe us anything. Take the ups and the downs and always try to be positive!
Re: Confused About Life, why is it unfair? Pls Help! by Dygeasy(m): 10:06am On Jan 03, 2014
Don't Confuse Yourself! Life Is Not Worth All The Fuss.

Take Each Hour As They Come. You Can't Live The Future With Now.
Re: Confused About Life, why is it unfair? Pls Help! by KingsJohnson(m): 10:32am On Jan 03, 2014
carefreewannabe: Well, the essence of your post, as I understand it, is the question why life is unfair. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

This is a highly philosophical question that can't be answered in a simple way. To answer this question we would first have to define what is just and what is unjust, right or wrong, good or bad. That is controversial. Sleeping with many women can be considered bad but doesn't have to. So if a man sleeps with many women and these women consent, why should he be punished? Some people will think it's wrong and others will think it'S ok. This is just an example (taken from your post) of how different we can think of a situation.

Consequently, life is just or unjust according to how you approach it. I don't think that all rich people don't help and all poor are willing to share. You do and based on this you think it's unfair. I see rich people who help and rich people who don't. Therefore, I see some really nice people and others who are not that nice. Yet, I refuse to judge the latter, it's their money and their choice. To sum it up, I see both, evry nice people and people who are not as nice as the former. The point is that my view of the situation is more balanced and not so pessimistic.

I, personally, believe that there is a higher form of justice or what some people call karma. This is just my personal belief, I can't prove it. However, it works in its own time. It doesn't work in the way that someone does something bad and is immediately punished. If it did, we would have no free will because we would all the time be scared of the punishment that comes along with it with immediate effect. Still I believe that sooner or later people get what they deserve, be it good or bad. History confirms my belief:

“Remember that all through history, there have been tyrants and murderers,
and for a time, they seem invincible. But in the end, they always fall. Always.” (Gandhi)

To your initial question: What is life?

Life is a gift. It is short. It is not easy and it wasn't meant to be easy, life was was nothing but meant to be lived. It doesn't owe us anything. Take the ups and the downs and always try to be positive!

You are actually in the spirit. Thanks alot
Re: Confused About Life, why is it unfair? Pls Help! by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 03, 2014
You're welcome smiley
Re: Confused About Life, why is it unfair? Pls Help! by ifyalways(f): 12:14pm On Jan 03, 2014
Tallotti: The ball is in your court!
Your destiny too! kiss

Holding on to a fantasy life of "what ifs", while the sweet reality passes by!

Very sad indeed! kiss

Dygeasy: Don't Confuse Yourself! Life Is Not Worth All The Fuss.
Take Each Hour As They Come. You Can't Live The Future With Now.

Endorsed.
Re: Confused About Life, why is it unfair? Pls Help! by KingsJohnson(m): 6:04pm On Jan 03, 2014
Pls mods am begging you guys in the name of anything you guys loved most. Pls do me the favour of putting this in frontpage cus i need more views and opinions.
Re: Confused About Life, why is it unfair? Pls Help! by KingsJohnson(m): 6:59am On Jan 04, 2014
More views pls
Re: Confused About Life, why is it unfair? Pls Help! by KingsJohnson(m): 12:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
More views
Re: Confused About Life, why is it unfair? Pls Help! by sirabbey(m): 7:34pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kings Johnson, you are not alone in this perception of seemingly unfairness of life, a great king had the same feelings many years ago but luckily for him, he got an answer to his question, howbeit this same question, his answer is reproduced below in Today's English version for your benefits hope you find the much sought after answer to your question too.

PSALM 73

1 [b]God is indeed good to Israel, to those who have pure hearts.
2 But I had nearly lost confidence; my faith was almost gone
3 because I was jealous of the proud when I saw that things go well for the wicked.
4 They do not suffer pain; they are strong and healthy.
5 They do not suffer as other people do; they do not have the troubles that others have.
6 And so they wear pride like a necklace and violence like a robe;
7 their hearts pour out evil, and their minds are busy with wicked schemes.
8 They laugh at other people and speak of evil things; they are proud and make plans to oppress others.
9 They speak evil of God in heaven and give arrogant orders to men on earth,
10 so that even God's people turn to them and eagerly believe whatever they say.
11 They say, "God will not know; the Most High will not find out."
12 That is what the wicked are like. They have plenty and are always getting more.
13 Is it for nothing, then, that I have kept myself pure and have not committed sin?
14 O God, you have made me suffer all day long; every morning you have punished me.
15 If I had said such things, I would not be acting as one of your people.
16 I tried to think this problem through, but it was too difficult for me
17 until I went into your Temple. Then I understood what will happen to the wicked.
18 You will put them in slippery places and make them fall to destruction!
19 They are instantly destroyed; they go down to a horrible end.
20 They are like a dream that goes away in the morning; when you rouse yourself, O Lord, they disappear.
21 When my thoughts were bitter and my feelings were hurt,
22 I was as stupid as an animal; I did not understand you.
23 Yet I always stay close to you, and you hold me by the hand.
24 You guide me with your instruction and at the end you will receive me with honor.
25 What else do I have in heaven but you? Since I have you, what else could I want on earth?
26 My mind and my body may grow weak, but God is my strength; he is all I ever need.
27 Those who abandon you will certainly perish; you will destroy those who are unfaithful to you.
28 But as for me, how wonderful to be near God, to find protection with the Sovereign LORD and to proclaim all that he has done![/b]

3 Likes

Re: Confused About Life, why is it unfair? Pls Help! by KingsJohnson(m): 8:43pm On Jan 05, 2014
sirabbey: Kings Johnson, you are not alone in this perception of seemingly unfairness of life, a great king had the same feelings many years ago but luckily for him, he got an answer to his question, howbeit this same question, his answer is reproduced below in Today's English version for your benefits hope you find the much sought after answer to your question too.

PSALM 73

1 [b]God is indeed good to Israel, to those who have pure hearts.
2 But I had nearly lost confidence; my faith was almost gone
3 because I was jealous of the proud when I saw that things go well for the wicked.
4 They do not suffer pain; they are strong and healthy.
5 They do not suffer as other people do; they do not have the troubles that others have.
6 And so they wear pride like a necklace and violence like a robe;
7 their hearts pour out evil, and their minds are busy with wicked schemes.
8 They laugh at other people and speak of evil things; they are proud and make plans to oppress others.
9 They speak evil of God in heaven and give arrogant orders to men on earth,
10 so that even God's people turn to them and eagerly believe whatever they say.
11 They say, "God will not know; the Most High will not find out."
12 That is what the wicked are like. They have plenty and are always getting more.
13 Is it for nothing, then, that I have kept myself pure and have not committed sin?
14 O God, you have made me suffer all day long; every morning you have punished me.
15 If I had said such things, I would not be acting as one of your people.
16 I tried to think this problem through, but it was too difficult for me
17 until I went into your Temple. Then I understood what will happen to the wicked.
18 You will put them in slippery places and make them fall to destruction!
19 They are instantly destroyed; they go down to a horrible end.
20 They are like a dream that goes away in the morning; when you rouse yourself, O Lord, they disappear.
21 When my thoughts were bitter and my feelings were hurt,
22 I was as stupid as an animal; I did not understand you.
23 Yet I always stay close to you, and you hold me by the hand.
24 You guide me with your instruction and at the end you will receive me with honor.
25 What else do I have in heaven but you? Since I have you, what else could I want on earth?
26 My mind and my body may grow weak, but God is my strength; he is all I ever need.
27 Those who abandon you will certainly perish; you will destroy those who are unfaithful to you.
28 But as for me, how wonderful to be near God, to find protection with the Sovereign LORD and to proclaim all that he has done![/b]

Thanks a lot dear for those words went deep into my heart

1 Like

Re: Confused About Life, why is it unfair? Pls Help! by kundi90(m): 9:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
You are a very funny character. Do you think you can get the answers to your questions through posts on nairaland? The necessary knowledge are written in books, and you only need to reach out to these books. All your 'hear say' would never help you. But one thing I would praise you for is, you are sound like a critical person, and I would say you should keep that up. Questions demand answers, and answers--in an organise form--can be gotten in the pages of books.
Re: Confused About Life, why is it unfair? Pls Help! by KingsJohnson(m): 7:20am On Jan 06, 2014
kundi90: You are a very funny character. Do you think you can get the answers to your questions through posts on nairaland? The necessary knowledge are written in books, and you only need to reach out to these books. All your 'hear say' would never help you. But one thing I would praise you for is, you are sound like a critical person, and I would say you should keep that up. Questions demand answers, and answers--in an organise form--can be gotten in the pages of books.

I really apprecitae. Thanks alot!

(1) (Reply)

FUNNIEST Texts Ever Sent Between Parents And Their Kids / Dear Women, Being A Full-time Housewife Is A Job! / Getting My Child From Wedlock Affair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.