Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Mike Adenuga Buries Mum at Ijebu-Igbo, in Grand Style - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mike Adenuga Buries Mum at Ijebu-Igbo, in Grand Style (7328 Views)

Gov Dickson Celebrates 50th Birthday With Family & Friends In Grand Style.Photos / Desmond Elliot's Mum At His Inauguration (Photos) / Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mike Adenuga Buries Mum at Ijebu-Igbo, in Grand Style by Bilspop(m): 7:22pm On Sep 02, 2005
Adenuga Buries Mum in Grand Style

The popularly known Chief Adenuga, the CEO of GloMobile will be giving his mama a final burial ceremony tommorow, saturday 3rd sept. I guess you all hav to see how the town of Ijebu Igbo in ogun state was brought to live today, friday - free call to anywhere, food for all indegenes etc.

He has invited the students to come tommorow. I will try and be there as I'm a student in the area. I just want you all to know that there's much money than needed in this country. I've got to iron my clothes because NEPA might mess up. Later!
Re: Mike Adenuga Buries Mum at Ijebu-Igbo, in Grand Style by oga(m): 7:46pm On Sep 02, 2005
bros na tommorrow be the mother burial?ayaaaa. i de use glo and no free call yet for me o. abi na tommorrow b the free calls?
Re: Mike Adenuga Buries Mum at Ijebu-Igbo, in Grand Style by Bilspop(m): 9:16pm On Sep 02, 2005
Oga, tommorow na d burial. I'm not talking of free calls for all. Glo kiosks are placed at ijebu igbo and anybody can walk in and call anywhere for free. Too much pple anyway, so one has to struggle to use the phone
Re: Mike Adenuga Buries Mum at Ijebu-Igbo, in Grand Style by Scorpio(f): 9:02pm On Sep 03, 2005
Make use of d opportunity then, it comes only once. grin cheesy
Re: Mike Adenuga Buries Mum at Ijebu-Igbo, in Grand Style by layi(m): 12:35pm On Sep 06, 2005
The burial was ...emm...(no english word can describe it)
It was magnificient. I'm sure she'll be happy whereever she is. 'twas great
Re: Mike Adenuga Buries Mum at Ijebu-Igbo, in Grand Style by Scorpio(f): 1:23pm On Sep 06, 2005
Did u attend?
Re: Mike Adenuga Buries Mum at Ijebu-Igbo, in Grand Style by layi(m): 9:44pm On Sep 06, 2005
Yep
Re: Mike Adenuga Buries Mum at Ijebu-Igbo, in Grand Style by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 25, 2005
Mike Adenuga ...what a guy! he's got the money and sure knows how to go back and give his customers a treat. that's one of the good things about Glo, their sponsorship and advertisment is off the hook!
Re: Mike Adenuga Buries Mum at Ijebu-Igbo, in Grand Style by Jakumo(m): 9:20am On Sep 27, 2005
The aerial armada of helicopters taking Uncle Sege and numerous other folks of "timber and calipers" to Ijebu Igbo for the Adenuga burial was indeed was something to behold.

One can only speculate about the veracity of reports that a chopper hovered over the motor park of the town on that day to spray high-denomination currency in a literal windfall for the swarming area boys below. Wouldn't surprise me if it were true. Only in Nigeria !
Re: Mike Adenuga Buries Mum at Ijebu-Igbo, in Grand Style by alabiyemmy(m): 1:11pm On Dec 20, 2006
only in Nigeria is money wasted and it becomes a celebrated report.
Re: Mike Adenuga Buries Mum at Ijebu-Igbo, in Grand Style by BigB11(m): 2:53pm On Dec 20, 2006
@ alabiyemmy:

What is your point? Money wasted? what are you talking about?
Re: Mike Adenuga Buries Mum at Ijebu-Igbo, in Grand Style by Jakumo(m): 3:45pm On Dec 20, 2006
Big Bee, the waste of money to which [b]Alabiyemm[/b]y refers is probably the incident of air-dropping sheaves of currency notes from a chopper hovering over the Ijebu-Igbo motor park during that funeral, and not with regards to the general cost of Big Mike's burial extravaganza. Too bad there is no video footage of that much storied helicopter cash bombardment along with the attendant feeding frenzy of area boys duking it out in the motor park to grab what they could.
Re: Mike Adenuga Buries Mum at Ijebu-Igbo, in Grand Style by BigB11(m): 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2006
@JAKUMO:

Thanks for the clarification.

I am more than 100% sure that such thing did not happen, this story is baseless.

The occasion was classy, incredible and bravo to MIKE. I do not know any other way one could say good bye to a wonderful mother.

(1) (Reply)

2012 Budget Details: Promising Or Wasteful? / Tears, Tributes At Azazi’s Funeral / Appeal Court Dethrones Obong Of Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.