Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. (7663 Views)

#SupremeCourtJudgement: As It Was Last Night In Uyo (pictures ) / Gov. Akpabio Leaves Governors Office/govt House Uyo Pictures / Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 5:45am On Jan 04, 2014
Uyo, is one of the youngest state capitals in Nigeria but it has recorded a lot of first in the country feats eg first E-library, first pipe jacked drainage, first Maintenance repair and overhaul(MRO) facility for aircraft, first state to complete its own state funded airport, first state to fund the construction of 4 and counting major flyovers within one administration, first state government to construct 1300 km and counting of quality roads utilizing renowned construction firms such as Julius berger within one administration and many more.

The focus today will be to showcase the holiday spirit in the state of Akwa Ibom, enjoy the lights in pictures if you couldn't make it to the state in person.

The holiday was kicked off with the internationally recognized and guiness book of record breaking 9,999 christmas carol singing event at the Uyo Sports Stadium, in attendance were Gospel Artist Israel Houghton from USA, Lionel Peterson South Africa, And a host of other artist. it was a great event.

happy new year form Akwa Ibom, a state that's setting the pace for what Nigeria could be, and making all nigerians proud.

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 5:50am On Jan 04, 2014
pictures courtesy of rhodies world

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 5:54am On Jan 04, 2014
all pictures courtesy of rhodies world

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ITbomb(m): 5:58am On Jan 04, 2014
It was really wonderful but too artificial and quite detached from the masses. Calabar had all the fun of Xmas
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 5:58am On Jan 04, 2014
pictures courtesy of rhodies world

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 6:02am On Jan 04, 2014
pictures courtesy of rhodies world.com

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by Zonacom(m): 6:03am On Jan 04, 2014
Beautiful i must say.
Akwa ibom must be swimming in money.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 6:05am On Jan 04, 2014
pictures courtesy of rhodiesworld.com

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by Nobody: 6:06am On Jan 04, 2014
Zona.com:
Beautiful i must say.
Akwa ibom must be swimming in money.

Akwa Ibom's budget is nearly N500bn. If you include the supplementary budgets, the total figure rises to N700bn.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 6:07am On Jan 04, 2014
picture courtesy of rhodiesworld.com

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 6:08am On Jan 04, 2014
CFCfan:

Akwa Ibom's budget is nearly N500bn. If you include the supplementary budgets, the total figure rises to N700bn.
where did you pull your bogus figure from?

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 6:09am On Jan 04, 2014
If you were in Akwa ibom for the holiday and you did take some pictures please share your memory/pic with us by uploading it on this thread. thanks
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ba7man(m): 6:14am On Jan 04, 2014
Those Akwa Ibom roads make me want to put my foot down hard on the accelerator pedal and drive my head off.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 04, 2014
ujoinme:
where did you pull your bogus figure from?
I admit I got the N700bn wrong. However, AKS total budget for last year was N540bn according to the link below:
http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/akwa-ibom-sends-n70bn-supplementary-budget-assembly
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 6:17am On Jan 04, 2014
more

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 04, 2014
ba7man: Those Akwa Ibom roads make me want to put my foot down hard on the accelerator pedal and drive my head off.
I tell you. The Governor has done a GREAT job on infrastructure in general.
The new 20th anniversary hospital will be a splendid health center!

6 Likes

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by Yeske2(m): 6:23am On Jan 04, 2014
Quite beautiful.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by Freewilly(f): 6:38am On Jan 04, 2014
Looks ok, just needs at least 6 inches of snow to make it a Christmas wonderland.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 6:56am On Jan 04, 2014
Ikot ekpene road by Ikpa road Uyo @ christmas 2013

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 7:15am On Jan 04, 2014
At the uyo sports stadium for the dec 2013 9,999 carol singing event pictures courtesy of rhodies world .com

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 7:25am On Jan 04, 2014
for those who may want to watch the guiness book of record breaking largest gathering of carol singers event in Uyo here is a youtube video for the event in case uy missed it. enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAldB4CFkAo
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 04, 2014
Nice, oil money is good.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by DankemzI(m): 7:33am On Jan 04, 2014
He has done well, in Uyo you wash your car once in a week "good & clean roads" grin grin grin
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 7:35am On Jan 04, 2014
permit me to post some pictures of the 9,999 carol singing event. Picture 1 and 2 Isreal Houghton,USA and Lionel Peterson,South Africa guest artist at the event.
picture 3 and 4 bishop Oyedepo who delivered the sermon at the event this year and rev. Jesse Jackson a civil right activist from USA. at the event

all pictures courtesy of rhodies world.com

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by DankemzI(m): 7:40am On Jan 04, 2014
When the streets are Empty people have all gone to Calabar. He should be providing transport to & from Calabar free!
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by NnamdiN: 7:40am On Jan 04, 2014
Uyo is beautifully beautiful. Apart from the carol ish, It's usually dull at festive periods. I wonder if calabar kinda carnival would succeed here ?
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 7:40am On Jan 04, 2014
9,999 carol singers event pictures from rhodiesworld.com

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 7:47am On Jan 04, 2014
picture #4 former military administrators of akwa Ibom State at the event @ the left Gov. joseph Adewusi, middle Gov. John Ebiye and right Gov.yakubu Bako

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 04, 2014
NnamdiN: Uyo is beautifully beautiful. Apart from the carol ish, It's usually dull at festive periods. I wonder if calabar kinda carnival would succeed here ?

Lol, that will simply make a mess of the carnival already established in calabar. The two cities are too close.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ketoprofen(m): 8:07am On Jan 04, 2014
Where in the world is AGBAMETA?

1 Like

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 8:14am On Jan 04, 2014
DankemzI:

To build that hospital has taken more than fives and counting. In terms of infrastructure he has done NOTHING. Akwa Ibom youths are hungry we need industrilization which is only possible tru Ibaka port. Apart from civil service & keke riding tell me another that employs youth. Plaza that was designed by Arch. Victor Attah he turned it to ghost zone.

you think that building a 290 bed hospital complete with a nursing and allied health training institute na beans? you should learn to appreciate the scope of work we are talking of here.

This is not another 50 bed ill equipped hospital that litters nigeria. we are talking of a worldclass hospital here designed and conceptualized by http://www.rrp-international.com/ those kinds of building takes time.

attached is the model of the kind of hospital that we are refering to here. The hospital is bigger than the national hospital in Abuja. gets your facts straight before you spew trash.

and for you info the hospital has already been roofed and will be commisioned this year. for update on the level of construction of the hospital visit this link https://www.nairaland.com/1256550/uyo-city-peace-beauty-pictures/39

As for people being hungry, since when was it the duty of govt to feed its citizens? Its not the job of govt to build industries but to create an enabling environment for them to thrive on this regards Akpabio is doing a good Job.

Industrialization is a process it doesn't happen overnight it takes timing and planning, the state has through PPP built a state of the arts gas processing plant that is currently supplying gas to the ibom power plant and will also supply to the NIPP at odukpani with the capacity to provide gas to any industry that sets up in the state and has completed the 191MW power plant at ikot abasi and has provided 1300km of solid road network across the state. these were non existent in Akwa Ibom 6yrs ago. If you dont know, those are the backbone to industrialization of any region.
The state govt is doing great. as per the ibaka seaport that oncourse.

I would appreciate if you can point to any hospital in Nigeria that is near the scope of hospital that akpabio is building! When YOU SAY Akpabio has done NOTHING on infrastructure i doubt if you know what that word means.

5 Likes

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by gramci: 8:27am On Jan 04, 2014
ketoprofen: Where in the world is AGBAMETA?

checked into a mental facility

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biafrans Killing Hausa Men Photo / Mahmood Yakubu Elected President ECOWAS Network Of Electoral Commissions / Security Chiefs, Governors Siphon N241bn Annually -Transparency International

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.