Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,558 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) (16762 Views)

#SupremeCourtJudgement: As It Was Last Night In Uyo (pictures ) / Gov. Akpabio Leaves Governors Office/govt House Uyo Pictures / 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by manpo2k(m): 3:47pm On Jul 13, 2013
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1199126_Champion_Fire_jpgadae2d577fb0e86db5907a7f74f97c75[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Ubg8CYE1CHs/UeFgxISlTqI/AAAAAAAAQWY/9cRBDPdApLY/s400/Champion+3.png[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-1x1rQR_EmLE/UeFgyeUeq3I/AAAAAAAAQWk/dpQl7nNJi-4/s400/Champion+2.png[/img]
Champion Breweries was incorporated in Nigeria as a Private Limited Liability Company on 31st July 1974 and converted to a Public Limited Company in 1983. The company is engaged in the brewing, bottling and selling of beer and non-alcoholic drinks and they are the makers of Champion Lager Beer and Champ Malta.

The company which is located at Industrial Layout, Aka Offot, Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State just concluded plans to increase its capital base in order to enhance competitiveness and ensure growth and profitability was caught up in flames this morning!

The fire, which its cause is not yet ascertained is suspected to have started around 10 am today.

Men of the Akwa Ibom State Fire Service and firemen from Julius Berger Ltd are still battling with the fire as onlookers watch in total awe. Uniform officials have barricaded the area and we are yet to be allowed full entry into the compound.

http://wetinhappen..com/2013/07/breaking-champion-breweries-plc-uyo-on.html
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by liloelawwal(m): 4:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
yaga yaga yaga yo.....send down d rain
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by inpeace: 4:14pm On Jul 13, 2013
i just passed the brewery, fire service are still struggling.... mods frontpage
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by Danhumprey: 4:55pm On Jul 13, 2013
Which one come be viewers' discretion advised? What is disgusting or sexplicit in the pix Abeg,learn how to use words.

7 Likes

Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by heed101(m): 6:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
Danhumprey: Which one come be viewers' discretion advised? What is disgusting or sexplicit in the pix Abeg,learn how to use words.
My thought exactly.
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
Gosh, money dey waste there now. Abeg fire service do something fast
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by phantom(m): 7:06pm On Jul 13, 2013
Danhumprey: Which one come be viewers' discretion advised? What is disgusting or sexplicit in the pix Abeg,learn how to use words.
lol...i tire!
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by emiye(m): 7:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
Too bad, i hope the fire was put off quite early .
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by ujoinme: 7:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
more

Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by Bashirfuntua(m): 9:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
what a pity
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by Bashirfuntua(m): 9:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
more fire there
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
Space reserved
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by MostIncredibleDFirst: 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2013
The company enjoys full pseudo-immunity from fire destruction with it comprehensive INSURANCE COVER. There is no cause for alarm.
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by lifestyle1(m): 9:42pm On Jul 13, 2013
spongeback: Space reserved

for ?
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
Serious Gobe Gbege ooo!!!!
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by picoba(m): 9:47pm On Jul 13, 2013

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO BE HEARING GOOD NEWS IN THIS COUNTRY?.

Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 13, 2013
Large parts of Uyo was enveloped by billows of smoke coming from the fire incident. Although the fire has been curtailed, tonight, as we prepare to sleep, the toxic odour from burnt materials smell everywhere and have settled inside houses; people, especially those who shut their during the night are likely to breathe this harmful odour tonight. Advice: residents especially those living near to champion breweries should leave their windows open if it is safe to do so. The weather this evening surprisingly is not chilly as it usually is. This is perhaps because of the atmospheric warming that was released into the air during the fire.
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 13, 2013
Large areas of Uyo metropolis was enveloped by billows of smoke coming from the fire incident. Although the fire has been curtailed, tonight, as we prepare to sleep, the toxic odour from burnt materials smell everywhere and have settled inside houses; people, especially those who close their windows during the night before they sleep are going to inhale the harmful odour tonight. Advice: residents especially those living near to champion breweries should leave their windows open if it is safe to do so, to allow free circulation of natural air and cross ventilation to take place while they are asleep . The weather this evening surprisingly is not chilly as it usually is. This is perhaps because of the atmospheric warming that was released into the air during the fire.
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 13, 2013
Large areas of Uyo metropolis were enveloped by billows of smoke from the fire incident. Although the fire has been curtailed, tonight, as we prepare to sleep, the toxic odour from burnt materials/smoke is smelling everywhere and they have settled inside houses; people, especially those who close their windows during the night before they sleep are going to inhale the harmful odour tonight. Advice: residents especially those living near to champion breweries should leave their windows open if it is safe to do so, to allow free circulation of natural air and cross ventilation to take place while they are asleep . The weather this evening is surprisingly not chilly as it usually is. This is perhaps because of the atmospheric warming that was released into the air during the fire.
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by Ndipe(m): 10:06pm On Jul 13, 2013
Sad.
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
I worked in champion brewery for less than a month as a graduate engineer. The company has zero safety policy. I lost of numbers of times I complained about obvious risky situations. I couldn't endure to the end of my first due to so many risks they were exposing me to.
Not surprise about the fire.
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by ismhab(m): 10:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
In the bible, jesus said we should never drink alcohol, thank God jesus is angry with the manufacturers of alcohol, and he has set the company on holy ghoast fire.
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by LOUDmedia(m): 10:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
There insurance will take care of it.
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by gospel11: 10:18pm On Jul 13, 2013
Its high time they seek for the SERVICES of trained and CERTIFIED OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICERS for immediate employment so as to manage the RISK within the working and around the company.
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by Michyeddy(f): 10:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
ismhab: In the bible, jesus said we should never drink alcohol, thank God jesus is angry with the manufacturers of alcohol, and he has set the company on holy ghoast fire.
mbok,what is this?

1 Like

Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by Gboliwe: 10:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
Quite a shame. I saw the fire when it was starting at about 1.30pm. When I called someonf later around 4pm, I was told it was still 'firing'. How that 3 fire trucks couldnt put it out
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by Benspoon(m): 10:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
Dats true i saw abut 3 fire service vehicle speed passd me....doz guys r alwaz running out of water bt i must confess dat dey respond faster dan d police dat r all ova the streets...
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by ibkgab001: 11:06pm On Jul 13, 2013
Wrong post section... What is political about this picture??
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by yang(m): 12:58am On Jul 14, 2013
Check the pics. No 5S can be seen anywhere. There is a link between 5S and Safety.

Just another Kangaroo Company bought over by NB
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by kathyjay: 5:38am On Jul 14, 2013
U don,t pity an investor who has nothing to do with safety. It is to be expected. Government should sue the company for exposing innocent Nigerian lifes to danger by operating an outfit devoid of Basic safety standards & practices. NIS and such co-operate bodies should be up and doing with their job and close down such places before lifes are lost. When You ignore SAFETY because it is expenssive with no financial returns on your investment, what you get is exactly what is happening here. A corporate Puplic liability company in present age operating without an SMS in place...Habaaa.
Re: Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 14, 2013

Family guy

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns Chairman Of Sharia Court Of Appeal In Gombe For Fraud / Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu / Obaseki Dances With Women In Ovia South (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.