Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Why We Won’t Move Against Tambuwal As House Speaker – APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Won’t Move Against Tambuwal As House Speaker – APC (781 Views)

Court Asked To Stop APC From Presenting Tambuwal As Candidate. / I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Won’t Move Against Tambuwal As House Speaker – APC by joan1: 4:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
The All Progressives Congress, APC, Caucus in the House of Representatives says it will not move against the Speaker, Aminu Tambuwal, in its quest to take over the leadership of the lower legislative chamber later this month.

It however said it was not certain about the fate of the deputy speaker, Emeka Ihedioha.

The leader of the Caucus, Femi Gbajabiamila, who disclosed this in a telephone interview with PREMIUM TIMES on Thursday, said the party had commenced moves to take over the leadership of the House upon resumption from the Christmas/New Year break.

APC, a merger of three parties, Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, Congress for Progressives Change, CPC, All Nigeria Peoples Party, ANPP, and a section of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, emerged the majority party in the 360-member House last month following the defection of 37 members of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to it.

With the defection, APC now has 172 members to PDP’s 171. There are speculations that more PDP members will decamp to the hitherto opposition party when the House resumes.

Both Messrs Tambuwal and Ihedioha, who were elected into the positions in June 2011, are still members of the PDP.

Mr. Gbajabiamila, who is also the Minority Leader of the House, said Mr. Tambuwal would remain as the Speaker because he was elected by the whole House.

“It is not a matter of planning to take over, that is what the rule of the House says, that the majority takes over the leadership of the House. We have no choice in the matter. You cannot be the majority and play the minority role,” Mr. Gbajabiamila said.

“Tambuwal will remain Speaker in all circumstances. He was elected by the whole House. Most of the APC members are comfortable with him. I cannot speak for the deputy, but I will rather have a situation where he remains.”

The lawmaker said he was not aware of any pressure by the APC on the Speaker to join the party.

He said, “I don’t know of such move, but if we need to, we will. We will be happy as a party to have him.
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/152644-wont-move-tambuwal-house-speaker-apc.html
Re: Why We Won’t Move Against Tambuwal As House Speaker – APC by Taeewo(m): 4:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
Gud
Re: Why We Won’t Move Against Tambuwal As House Speaker – APC by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 04, 2014
The Nigerian political space is getting more interesting by the day with a strong opposition party that is determined and bold to take over governance of this country....

I doubt if there is anyone still deluded about PDP ruling Nigeria for 60 yrs...
Re: Why We Won’t Move Against Tambuwal As House Speaker – APC by samuelkaykay(m): 4:52pm On Jan 04, 2014
Children are here,i can see ilugunboy,i hail ooo!
Tambuwal is a member of APC,serving the interest of northern elites who have no agenda for good governance rather to return power to the north.congrats!
Re: Why We Won’t Move Against Tambuwal As House Speaker – APC by bombay: 4:53pm On Jan 04, 2014
Now, there are important revelations about the vision of Sir Ahmadu Bello, as captured in the above, and which vision his people have executed with great effectiveness for the past 5 decades:

1. Nigeria is an estate of their great grandfather Othman Dan Fodio, and so anyone who does not descend from their forebear is a tenant. The vision is to maintain a tenancy status for all non-Dan Fodians dwelling within the geographical boundaries of Nigeria.

2. To prevent ruthlessly any change of order that wrestles power from the Dan Fodians.

3. To use and manipulate all "minorities" of the "north" as the slaves of the Dan Fodians.

4. To control the resources of tenants (non-Dan Fodians) in their estate (Nigeria).

5. To resist any form of rule over the Dan Fodians.

6. To never allow non-Dan Fodians to have control over their future.
The pursuit of the above vision and the brutal enforcement of this vision have contributed in the many crises Nigeria has faced for more than fifty years. The connivance of western powers such as Britain and the USA at different stages of our history for the sake of protecting their interest has been a recurring scenario that has just refused to go away. Now is the time to end this subjugation that has been as insidious as it has been hidden from the majority of peoples of the world, including some Nigerians.

(1) (Reply)

PREMIUM TIMES Survive Major Hack Attack / Women I Met On Google+ That Said She Is The Divorced Wife Of Nigerian Minister / Boko Haram Will End Soon— Chief Of Army Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.