Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses (54063 Views)

Abuja: A Very Spacious Self Contain To Let 400K. 5% Legal Fees. / Abuja: A Spacious Self Contain 400K. A Room And Parlour Bq 500k. 5% Legal Fees. / Abuja A Room Self-contained (N120,000) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
It's really pathetic to listen to the tales of homeless people in Abuja.Some complain bitterly of how scarce it is to get affordable homes here in the heart of the North.Such Irony!As my aunt drove me around this evening,I can't help to notice so many empty duplexes,bungalows,self contains,Block of flats around."Auntie all this houses na who them dey build am for?"I asked.Beautiful empty houses,several still under construction.Greed na bastard!An employed average Nigerian can never afford the price of only a Dog post in these houses!!Infact,who are those building this houses?Why build a house to leave it empty for years because no customer can pay the prize?Isn't it selfish,foolish and inhumanly wicked?Why not make it affordable as it is available?The only reason business isn't booming in Abuja is partly because plenty houses are empty,as a lot of youths live in places like Iyanya,Maraba,Kubwa,and the outskirts of Abuja.

I know our Govt system is made for the rich,we don't mean anything to them.Living in well built houses doesn't fit the average Nigerian.As they loot our money,every seconds of everyday,every minute of every hour,every day of every year,stealing big,dumping it here and there,hiding them by building so many Estates,Shopping Malls,Markets,Blocks of Flats,ALL FOR NOTHING!!!EMPTY AS THE YEARS GOES....They continue to hide this stolen money on properties and lands,some of which are taken by force from indigenes.....

Mmmh...God is watching.Still waiting for that revolution,surely it will come.It can only take time.

*continues to sip Zobo*

208 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by olawonder(m): 8:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
Terrible! I suppose they don't want to be found out by renting the properties out too cheaply, whereas people who can actually afford the properties already own theirs. It's a dilemma.

4 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Osas001: 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
lynpetra: It's really pathetic to listen to the tales of homeless people in Abuja.Some complain bitterly of how scarce it is to get affordable homes here in the heart of the North.Such Irony!As my aunt drove me around this evening,I can't help to notice so many empty duplexes,bungalows,self contains,Block of flats around."Auntie all this houses na who them dey build am for?"I asked.Beautiful empty houses,several still under construction.Greed na bastard!An employed average Nigerian can never afford the price of only a Dog post in these houses!!Infact,who are those building this houses?Why build a house to leave it empty for years because no customer can pay the prize?Isn't it selfish,foolish and inhumanly wicked?Why not make it affordable as it is available?The only reason business isn't booming in Abuja is partly because plenty houses are empty,as a lot of youths live in places like Iyanya,Maraba,Kubwa,and the outskirts of Abuja.

I know our Govt system is made for the rich,we don't mean anything to them.Living in well built houses doesn't fit the average Nigerian.As they loot our money,every seconds of everyday,every minute of every hour,every day of every year,stealing big,dumping it here and there,hiding them by building so many Estates,Shopping Malls,Markets,Blocks of Flats,ALL FOR NOTHING!!!EMPTY AS THE YEARS GOES....They continue to hide this stolen money on properties and lands,some of which are taken by force from indigenes.....

Mmmh...God is watching.Still waiting for that revolution,surely it will come.It can only take time.

*continues to sip Zobo*

I agree wit u!

9 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
Fine girl share ur z"obo" with me biko tongue

7 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
lynpetra: It's really pathetic to listen to the tales of homeless people in Abuja.Some complain bitterly of how scarce it is to get affordable homes here in the heart of the North.Such Irony!As my aunt drove me around this evening,I can't help to notice so many empty duplexes,bungalows,self contains,Block of flats around."Auntie all this houses na who them dey build am for?"I asked.Beautiful empty houses,several still under construction.Greed na bastard!An employed average Nigerian can never afford the price of only a Dog post in these houses!!Infact,who are those building this houses?Why build a house to leave it empty for years because no customer can pay the prize?Isn't it selfish,foolish and inhumanly wicked?Why not make it affordable as it is available?The only reason business isn't booming in Abuja is partly because plenty houses are empty,as a lot of youths live in places like Iyanya,Maraba,Kubwa,and the outskirts of Abuja.

I know our Govt system is made for the rich,we don't mean anything to them.Living in well built doesn't fit the average Nigerian.As they loot our money,every seconds of everyday,every minute of every hour,every day of every year,stealing big,dumping it here and there,hiding them by building so many Estates,Shopping Malls,Markets,Blocks of Flats,ALL FOR NOTHING!!!EMPTY AS THE YEARS GOES....They continue to hide this stolen money on properties and lands,some of which are taken by force from indigenes.....

*continues to sip Zobo*
my sista this is a serious matter o....i have some friends in the building proffession who update me on a weekly basis about polithiefcians such as senators, govt , ministers, other civil servants and the contracts to build private homes and estates, mansions running into billions of naira, they handle for them. if you hear the amount these kleptomaniacs spend on their private properties your ears will tingle. if a bizman such as Dangote spend so much to develop such property its not an issue cos its his money. this no joking matter seriously, i also noticed the population of Abuja environs has significantly dwindled cos peep cant afford the expensive accomodation. the less population isn`t good for business. this is why Lagos is ahead in almost all ramifications.

16 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 04, 2014

*continues to sip Zobo*

op it is nyanya not iyanya(the name of a musician) as u said. U made a nice point sha

3 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
Dont worry...as "agreement" don dey wink I go come allocate one of those biutiful Mataima houses for our jollification....but zobo is prohibited!

*continues to sip Zobo*

2 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
Aggrippa: my sista this is a serious matter o....i have some friends in the building proffession who update me on a weekly basis about polithiefcians such as senators, govt , ministers, other civil servants and the contracts to build private homes and estates, mansions running into billions of naira, they handle for them. if you hear the amount these kleptomaniacs spend on their private properties your ears will tingle. if a bizman such as Dangote spend so much to develop such property its not an issue cos its his money. this no joking matter seriously, i also noticed the population of Abuja environs has significantly dwindled cos peep cant afford the expensive accomodation. the less population isn`t good for business. this is why Lagos is ahead in almost all ramifications.

My brother It's really pathetic!!I mean from Apo,to along Airport,Lokogoma,etc you see lot of empty Estates,NOBODY!!NOT EVEN A DEAD LIZARD!!!

8 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by FoxyFlow(m): 8:43pm On Jan 04, 2014
Wallahi... Especially that Asokoro extension region. Too bad, we have houses with no occupants in them..

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 04, 2014
smartchoice: Dont worry...as "agreement" don dey wink I go come allocate one of those biutiful Mataima houses for our jollification....but zobo is prohibited!

LOL
I no dey play with zobo and kunu oooooo

5 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 04, 2014
Foxy_Flow: Wallahi... Especially that Asokoro extension region. Too bad, we have houses with no occupants in them..

What's the point then.Keeping empty houses like this for years,years,for nothing!If only the prizes of houses will be standardized regulated......Houses that doesn't even meet C of O requirements. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by checkdate(m): 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
hahahahahahjahahahahahahahaha dont make me laugh
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Dannylux: 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
funny topic.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by NEROSKY(m): 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
what should i comment
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
Okay L.... covers a multitude of transgressions!

lynpetra:

LOL
I no dey play with zobo and kunu oooooo
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by uboma(m): 8:55pm On Jan 04, 2014
@ op, you are very correct. So many beautiful houses with no one living in them just because they are damn 3 expensive. Our Government needs to really look into this ugly situation.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by yinkard4me(m): 8:55pm On Jan 04, 2014

*continues to sip Zobo*
. Ok
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by aventura: 8:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
lynpetra:
What's the point then.Keeping empty houses like this for years,years,for nothing!If only the prizes of houses will be standardized regulated......Houses that doesn't even meet C of O requirements. embarassed
For your tiny mind. cool
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
sad

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by POPEII: 8:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
How many times are we going to talk about this and have the same topic on the FP ?
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Andrew3(m): 8:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
Kai babe u set oo, my eye dey chuck
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by kayswag100(m): 9:00pm On Jan 04, 2014

*continues to sip Zobo*

Another fallacy! !!

oga, it's evident your aunt either took you to a wrong part of town or you know NARRING about abj.

All cities in the world have over priced estates with empty houses. GST 102 thot us that it's wrong to generalize based on insufficient sample.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Sike(m): 9:01pm On Jan 04, 2014
Ghen Ghen!
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by skullz: 9:02pm On Jan 04, 2014
Apo!!!

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by lafuria1(m): 9:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
They are building it for the future arewa Republic. They are just making preparation so that Abokis from the south won't be homeless after the separation grin grin

On a serious note, those houses are too expensive and people who can actually afford it will rather build it in their village. Secondly, the houses serves wealth they can fall back on when they are out of govt because as Nigeria population increase, the houses will be sort after.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by 1stola: 9:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
I AM COMING TO GET A MINI FLAT THERE SOON.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 04, 2014
they are just trying to correct the mistake they made with lagos by making tins cheaper wich eventually made it overcrowded with human beings and animal.
lekki and v.I is a great example.
lagos is way fun and developed than abuja but na overpopulation kill am.
anytin nigerian touches especially some tribe turns into filth

11 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by adezjamz(m): 9:05pm On Jan 04, 2014
Ok

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by kamez(m): 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2014
Blame it on the cost of getting a land in those areas.. Would u buy land for 50millio, build a house and rent it out for 500k per annum? How many centuries would it take u to recoup ur capital? Remember real estate is a business and like every oda buisness, the aim is to start making profit ad quickly as possible

5 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by indoorlove(m): 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2014
You are so right! Wickedness in the highest order, u build a world class estate but nobody lives in. If you are doubting the poster, please take a walk around abuja model city in gwarinpa and see for yourself.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by tolextony(m): 9:08pm On Jan 04, 2014
Kk

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by goldseal(m): 9:08pm On Jan 04, 2014
yinkard4me: . Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria / JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad / Fabricate Bathroom shower cubicles, office partitions &stainless steel handrails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.