Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,715 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses (54092 Views)

Abuja: A Very Spacious Self Contain To Let 400K. 5% Legal Fees. / Abuja: A Spacious Self Contain 400K. A Room And Parlour Bq 500k. 5% Legal Fees. / Abuja A Room Self-contained (N120,000) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by irokop(m): 11:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
the politicians are building abuja for them selves alone pls bear this in mind, IBB said so when he started it that abuja is for the rich not for the poor thats why you see ppl have began to pour them selve petrol cos they cant cope.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
playboy19:

Well like I said before, I won't argue with you. But here is a recent personal occurrence from which, I believe you could get enlightened.

I flew into Abuja few days before Xmas only to find some dudes living comfortably in one of my family properties. They were shocked to their bones to see me. You can tell they knew what they were doing was illegal from the look on their faces. I kept my cool and told them I give them 24 hours to evacuate the building or I'll have them arrested which they did.

2 days fast forward, I revisited the issue and summoned the man in charge of the building, well as expected he feigned ignorance and put the blame on the gateman and immediately fired him.

I wasn't there for that kinda scene, so it didn't really bother me. But just this last Sunday, I was in church chatting around with some old friends, then I raised the topic, narrated the whole charade, to my surprise, they all laughed and went on to say 'na normal thing bro. Oh you've not around. It's a common practice among the gatemen in the area now'. I felt so 'old school'.

So what am I trying to show you from this? Asokoro mansions are so empty to the extent that gatemen sees that as an avenue to enrich themselves. Oh did I add the part where I learnt that these dudes pays as much as N400k? And there is a mutual understanding between the gatemen and the illegal occupants that the real owner may show up anytime and money is non refundable? It's almost an industry on its own in Asokoro now.

So because we have so many 'arrangee' occupants in the district does not make Asokoro less empty. I guess you may need to call your acquaintances around here to confirm that

I almost did this in Gwarinpa back then ooo chei but I smartly discovered that my money was entering voice mail. Truth is when one first come to Abuja you see so many buildings that you cringe and begin to wonder when you will be able to meet up, but with go networking and few years down the line you discover that there are just a handful of people that make things happen there and you are one of them.

*Clears throat * like a testimony a single gurl gave in church, how she somehow miraculously got 20plots of land ; to me that wasn't a testinony about God's blessing but the devil's greed that if one isn't careful will over-take you in this land of sodom! opppsss I meant Abuja.

Even some people viewing this thread are part of the rot in that city and headquater of corruption/sin. angry

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
irokop: the poloticians are building abuja for them selves alone pls bear this in mind, IBB said so when he started it that abuja is for the rich not for the poor thats why you see ppl have began to pour them selve petrol cos they cant cope.

Politicians or Federal civil servants you mean : it is only in Abuja you will see a level 12 civil servant owning land in gwarinpa, durumi, nyanyan and even guzape districs. Already built one in wuse and planning to complete the other in lugbe, tell me if this isn't greed
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 05, 2014
me_for_you: Op, u asked your auntie who owned the seemingly empty houses and was the response?
Abuja city is made up of 4 towns unlike lagos that is so developed. Abuja city is all about wuse, garki, maitama and asokoro. Then neighboring places like wuye, utako, jabi, apo and gudu. I live in jabi, 1 bedroom flat 1.2 million naira annually, when my colleage in kano in a 5 bedroom duplex pays 400k. House rents in abuja city are so extremely costly. Buying land to build house is worse, fraudsters all over.
Rents in abuja are the highest all over the whole world.
you've obviously not been 2 abuja before. Do you think those major districts (and they are not 4) are like your regular streets? They are each subdivided into atleast 9 subdistricts that have their various streets. AND Abuja and lagos are almost the same size......AND they have one thing in common: they are both very small. So that's the reason it is very necessary to do everything possible so that both cities won't have other things in common like overpopulation, traffic (even though this is proving difficult), stress etc.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Solozzo(m): 12:04am On Jan 05, 2014
venorite: Op its not just the politicians.humans are naturally greedy and wicked.I don't know why some people will steal a country's money to build houses that no one will stay in it.go to maitama,asokoro and the likes and u will weep for nigeria.some people are worth billions of dollars while some can't even have 3 square meals.some times I just thank God for death cos only God knows what will have happened if people didn't die or could buy life.just try and be good,help people u can, and u will be blessed

Before you brand all the Abuja property developers with all the vices and demonic names, pls consider the high cost of land in Abuja that pushes cost of housing development ad thus the rent.

Perhaps govt can regulate the cost of Abuja land to help push down the rent.

GEJ and Abati pls note.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 05, 2014
Sad as it is, I think it is somewhat a sanity-preserving, crime-control mechanism. The lower the population of city-centre residents, the better the quality of life in the city centre. I have always expressed concerns about the unjust and ridiculous housing system in Abuja, but then, I love the sanity and relative peace of the city, and I know that this much-cherished feature would disappear if all kinds of characters are admitted into residency.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by enigmang: 12:06am On Jan 05, 2014
Truth is stolen money is becoming increasingly difficult to hide...

The easiest place to hide such money's now is in buildings... Just buy an estate and build a magnificent edifice.... But in the end na who one come pay that rent And this people don't really need the money so it can be empty for all they care .....
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by playboy19(m): 12:06am On Jan 05, 2014
kayswag100:

... again, I find GST 102 handy here.

'a single/isolated event doesn't determine the outcome of larger events'

I refuse to drown in an ocean of falsehood! !!!

I think this should be like the 5 th tym id say this.:

ALL CITIES IN THE WORLD HAVE EMPTY/DESERTED/OVERPRICED HOUSES/ESTATES.

check up FORESHORE ESTATE IN BANANA ISLAND; lekki estates, vgc et al. Would that make me call lagos a city of empty /overpriced houses?

I preach pragmatism not falsehood

Boy what are you trying to achieve from this back and forth? Win? Okay, now you've won. Happy? Good! But the question is, win what exactly?

I still do not understand why you pride yourself in stark ignorance. Plus have you noticed how incoherent you are?

I want to believe you were in your right minds when you made the statement below:

ALL CITIES IN THE WORLD HAVE EMPTY/DESERTED/OVERPRICED HOUSES/ESTATES

And yes you are absolutely correct. And I only buttressed that by stating what is going on around here in 'Asokoro'. Not the whole of Abuja. So my question is, what is your argument based on exactly? That asokoro cannot be empty or what? I just do not get it.

Just remember, no matter how long you worked in your cubicle office in Asokoro, you were still a passerby. Plus where exactly did you work? Banana republic?
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by fankasibe: 12:10am On Jan 05, 2014
OP, i'm presently serving in Abuja, i reside at Karu. Na for abuja i notice sey rich people get class.....ABOUT UR REVOLUTION, LET ME TELL U GUYS A STORY.
In 1985, IBB was the president of Nigeria and our teachers told us that Buhari was the former Head of state. Our teacher also called us "the leaders of tomorrow" 27 years later, IBB and Buhari are still contesting for Presidency. Its either our teacher lied to us about being the leaders of tomorrow. Or tomorrow is yet to come. Who's fooling who? In 1983, Bamanga Tukur was the Governor of the defunct Gongola State (now Adamawa & Taraba) and 30 years later, he is today the Chairman of the ruling Party, The PDP; Dr. Bello Halliru was commissioner in the Old Sokoto State (now Sokoto, Kebbi & Zamfara) and 33 years after he is today Minister of Defence; Major General David Mark(rtd) was the military governor of Niger State in 1984 and 28years later he is today the Senate President; Gov. Murtala Nyako was the governor of Niger State in 1976 and 36years later he is today the Governor of Adamawa State; Ogbonnaya Onu was governor of Abia State in 1992 and 20years after he is today the National Chairman of ANPP; Gov. David Jonah Jang was the governor of Benue State in 1985 and 27years after he is today the governor of plateau state; and Martins Elechi the Ebonyi State Governor is over 80 years old! Only in Nigeria is this possible, where the youth of today have no hope into the future! From strike in health sector, to the labour, to judiciary, to Education and today our students are home lavishing! Let Nigerian youth come to an alliance and fight for the unborn. We can't continue like this. Pass it to everyone if you believe in the NIGERIA DREAM. Let’s tell them ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! SHARE this till they see it. It’s a good place to start... What do u think?
PDP= People Decieving People.
APC= Association of Past Crimes.

These leaders aren't serious at all, they are all thesame set of people in various parties, what they all want is power in 2015 and they careless about what the Masses want.

Contact me if u ar serious about the revolution.

**clean my AK-47 and aiming at GEJ's picture on the wall**

7 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 05, 2014
playboy19:

Boy what are you trying to achieve from this back and forth? Win? Okay, now you've won. Happy? Good! But the question is, win what exactly?

I still do not understand why you pride yourself in stark ignorance. Plus have you noticed how incoherent you are?

I want to believe you were in your right minds when you made the statement below:

And yes you are absolutely correct. And I only buttressed that by stating what is going on around here in 'Asokoro'. Not the whole of Abuja. So my question is, what is your argument based on exactly? That asokoro cannot be empty or what? I just do not get it.

Just remember, no matter how long you worked in your cubicle office in Asokoro, you were still a passerby. Plus where exactly did you work? Banana republic?

No it is IBiZA grin. Common we aint fighting each other this time but the cabal that has scheme poverty into the people of Nigeria angry
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by qhiwegh(m): 12:30am On Jan 05, 2014
lynpetra: It's really pathetic to listen to the tales of homeless people in Abuja.Some complain bitterly of how scarce it is to get affordable homes here in the heart of the North.Such Irony!As my aunt drove me around this evening,I can't help to notice so many empty duplexes,bungalows,self contains,Block of flats around."Auntie all this houses na who them dey build am for?"I asked.Beautiful empty houses,several still under construction.Greed na bastard!An employed average Nigerian can never afford the price of only a Dog post in these houses!!Infact,who are those building this houses?Why build a house to leave it empty for years because no customer can pay the prize?Isn't it selfish,foolish and inhumanly wicked?Why not make it affordable as it is available?The only reason business isn't booming in Abuja is partly because plenty houses are empty,as a lot of youths live in places like Iyanya,Maraba,Kubwa,and the outskirts of Abuja.

I know our Govt system is made for the rich,we don't mean anything to them.Living in well built houses doesn't fit the average Nigerian.As they loot our money,every seconds of everyday,every minute of every hour,every day of every year,stealing big,dumping it here and there,hiding them by building so many Estates,Shopping Malls,Markets,Blocks of Flats,ALL FOR NOTHING!!!EMPTY AS THE YEARS GOES....They continue to hide this stolen money on properties and lands,some of which are taken by force from indigenes.....

Mmmh...God is watching.Still waiting for that revolution,surely it will come.It can only take time.

*continues to sip Zobo*

I know where you're coming from, but you should've really tried harder at school or not drop out so soon. It's all supply and demand. Happens all the time around the world.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by leonard509(m): 12:33am On Jan 05, 2014
Plz .hw much do pple living in a self contain in abuja pay? .plz i need answer for my research
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by irokop(m): 12:35am On Jan 05, 2014
fankasibe: OP, i'm presently serving in Abuja, i reside at Karu. Na for abuja i notice sey rich people get class.....ABOUT UR REVOLUTION, LET ME TELL U GUYS A STORY.
In 1985, IBB was the president of Nigeria and our teachers told us that Buhari was the former Head of state. Our teacher also called us "the leaders of tomorrow" 27 years later, IBB and Buhari are still contesting for Presidency. Its either our teacher lied to us about being the leaders of tomorrow. Or tomorrow is yet to come. Who's fooling who? In 1983, Bamanga Tukur was the Governor of the defunct Gongola State (now Adamawa & Taraba) and 30 years later, he is today the Chairman of the ruling Party, The PDP; Dr. Bello Halliru was commissioner in the Old Sokoto State (now Sokoto, Kebbi & Zamfara) and 33 years after he is today Minister of Defence; Major General David Mark(rtd) was the military governor of Niger State in 1984 and 28years later he is today the Senate President; Gov. Murtala Nyako was the governor of Niger State in 1976 and 36years later he is today the Governor of Adamawa State; Ogbonnaya Onu was governor of Abia State in 1992 and 20years after he is today the National Chairman of ANPP; Gov. David Jonah Jang was the governor of Benue State in 1985 and 27years after he is today the governor of plateau state; and Martins Elechi the Ebonyi State Governor is over 80 years old! Only in Nigeria is this possible, where the youth of today have no hope into the future! From strike in health sector, to the labour, to judiciary, to Education and today our students are home lavishing! Let Nigerian youth come to an alliance and fight for the unborn. We can't continue like this. Pass it to everyone if you believe in the NIGERIA DREAM. Let’s tell them ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! SHARE this till they see it. It’s a good place to start... What do u think?
PDP= People Decieving People.
APC= Association of Past Crimes.

These leaders aren't serious at all, they are all thesame set of people in various parties, what they all want is power in 2015 and they careless about what the Masses want.

Contact me if u ar serious about the revolution.

**clean my AK-47 and aiming at GEJ's picture on the wall**

this man you are very bad oo how come you want to first fire oga jona i think we have to start from those that brought to this point. but you make a huge sence shaa.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Okijajuju1(m): 12:36am On Jan 05, 2014
leonard509: Plz .hw much do pple living in a self contain in abuja pay? .plz i need answer for my research

I all depends on location...

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by MztrChukwu(m): 12:45am On Jan 05, 2014
Make we no lie, a good number of us have empty and vacant buildings and flats in our different villages. Y we sef no donate am to charity? Its become the habit of nigerians to acquire properties they dont need and wont let out these properties to those who need dem. so i no blame these polithiefians

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by kayswag100(m): 12:52am On Jan 05, 2014
playboy19:

Well well well! won what?

seems the kid has moved on From falsehood to abuse!! won't resort to that if I were u!!!

Since everything seems as rocket science to you,

recall: u authoritatively said 1 in 30 houses is empty in Asokoro; all the houses there are worth billions. Again, you are incorrectly buttressing the opinion (OP's)that abj is a city of empty houses.

stop spreading falsehood toddler!!! Also take tym out to knw what 'coherence' means.

ciao!
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by bongolistik(m): 1:06am On Jan 05, 2014
kamez: Blame it on the cost of getting a land in those areas.. Would u buy land for 50millio, build a house and rent it out for 500k per annum? How many centuries would it take u to recoup ur capital? Remember real estate is a business and like every oda buisness, the aim is to start making profit ad quickly as possible
truth be told, real estate dat involves building nd leting out or renting is almost not a profitable business, but just a way of earning passively and safeguarding one's future. After buildin, if d first tin u think or hav in mind dat u want 2 get back ur investment nd profit on top, den be prepared 2 spend almost half of ur live waitin 4 it 2 com, which in my opinion is nt a gud biznes, so rada jst see it as a means of earnin pasively nd jst way 2 safeguard ur present nd future, bt nt a cash profitabl bizness
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 1:09am On Jan 05, 2014
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by playboy19(m): 1:26am On Jan 05, 2014
kayswag100:

Well well well! won what?

seems the kid has moved on From falsehood to abuse!! won't resort to that if I were u!!!

Since everything seems as rocket science to you,

recall: u authoritatively said 1 in 30 houses is empty in Asokoro; all the houses there are worth billions. Again, you are incorrectly buttressing the opinion (OP's)that abj is a city of empty houses.

stop spreading falsehood toddler!!! Also take tym out to knw what 'coherence' means.

ciao!

SMH, too many juvys on nairaland this days. I don't even know why i didn't ignore this kid right from the start. You are incorrigible. Everyone who has truly lived or been to abuja on this thread gave credence to what the op was lamenting about except you. I still stand by my statement. 1 in 30 mansions in Asokoro is in use. And yes, its an authoritative statement because i live here. Just because people like you illegally occupy an 'arrangee' charlet in the district, does not mean all the houses in Asokoro are in use.

And hey, you forgot to tell us where exactly in Asokoro you worked. Or did your uncle's friend tell you about the district? I dare you to tell us where in Asokoro you worked.

As for the meaning of 'coherence', i guess you need to ask for a refund from your school. Get yourself a dictionary and don't be too embarrassed when you eventually know the meaning. Next, you check for the meaning of 'incoherent'. After that, consider this statement... ALL CITIES IN THE WORLD HAVE EMPTY/DESERTED/OVERPRICED HOUSES/ESTATES but i'm fighting someone who said Asokoro is empty.

Now, run to your room and get yourself tucked into your bed. It's past your bed time.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by chidaddy1198(m): 1:28am On Jan 05, 2014
kamez: Blame it on the cost of getting a land in those areas.. Would u buy land for 50millio, build a house and rent it out for 500k per annum? How many centuries would it take u to recoup ur capital? Remember real estate is a business and like every oda buisness, the aim is to start making profit ad quickly as possible
I appreciate ur point but d demand for such property by d majority is not dia. In business most time turnover counts, volume. 90% or more cannot afford what u r producing which mean u will one day fold up or be forced to sell @ a much lower price to stimulate demand for rent. Because of greed from all parties in nigeria every thing in nigeria is over priced n over valued. May be their late fore fathers will resurrect and leave in those beautiful nonsense mansion
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by walex2bad(m): 1:38am On Jan 05, 2014
LETS KIP PRAYING FOR OUR LEADERS...ND STOP CRITICIZING DEM..ALL WULD B WELL SUMDAYZ....NO SITUATION IS PERMANENT..#

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by kayswag100(m): 1:52am On Jan 05, 2014
playboy19:

SMH, too many juvys on nairaland this days. I don't even know why i didn't ignore this kid right from the start. You are incorrigible. Everyone who has truly lived or been to abuja on this thread gave credence to what the op was lamenting about except you. I still stand by my statement. 1 in 30 mansions in Asokoro is in use. And yes, its an authoritative statement because i live here. Just because people like you illegally occupy an 'arrangee' charlet in the district, does not mean all the houses in Asokoro are in use.

And hey, you forgot to tell us where exactly in Asokoro you worked. Or did your uncle's friend tell you about the district? I dare you to tell us where in Asokoro you worked.

As for the meaning of 'coherence', i guess you need to ask for a refund from your school. Get yourself a dictionary and don't be too embarrassed when you eventually know the meaning. After that, consider this statement... ALL CITIES IN THE WORLD HAVE EMPTY/DESERTED/OVERPRICED HOUSES/ESTATES but i'm fighting someone who said Asokoro is empty.

Now, run to your room and get yourself tucked into your bed. It's past your bed time.

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Toddler, then drown in your ignorance!!

U seem unintelligent. I never said I lived in Asokoro or Asokoro was empty.

Where I worked in Asokoro is no damn business of yours ok?

... and continue in your prevarication.

Mr 1-in-30 that knows every household in Asokoro: btw, it's just evening where I am so I see who has over shot his bedtym.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by playboy19(m): 2:41am On Jan 05, 2014
kayswag100:

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Toddler, then drown in your ignorance!!

U seem unintelligent. I never said I lived in Asokoro or Asokoro was empty.

Where I worked in Asokoro is no damn business of yours ok?

... and continue in your prevarication.

Mr 1-in-30 that knows every household in Asokoro.

btw, it's just evening where I am so I see who has over shot his bedtym.

Oh wow! I give you. How did I get myself into this? You're even having a hard time comprehending English language. I said 'people like you' damn. I didn't say you live in Asokoro.

I guess this is where the saying that 'ignorance is bliss' holds true.

I'm sorry for engaging you. You're not worth it. I give up.

Lol @ 'u seem unintelligent'. Taking pride in stark ignorance. Typical 4th grader. Very funny.

PS: Don't expect any more response from me. I've already given up on you. You're way out of your league. You need to stay thankful to nairaland, you never would have thought you'd cross part with me. You can rant from now till eternity, you won't get a response.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by desthan(m): 4:40am On Jan 05, 2014
funny how I saw a three bedroom flat at vio for almost 2.5mil per annum, even at u
utako. they keep re-painting the house year in year out, no tenant.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Decryptor(m): 5:10am On Jan 05, 2014
All the whining here about not being able to afford these luxury houses is understandable but not valid to me. It is not a must to live in the city centre of Abuja.
It's like going into Coscharis' Showroom and complaining that the BMWs and Bentleys he sells there are too expensive and that the prices should be made affordable to the public.
Abuja has a master-plan and that master-plan must be kept to the letter. If you want to live in a posh house in the central areas of Abuja like Maitama, Asokoro etc, work hard and make the money to afford it. If not, go and live in places like Gwagwalada, Kuje or Mpampe or better-still, retire to your village. We don't want Abuja to turnout like lagos with slums everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by jerry2tobias: 5:17am On Jan 05, 2014
Why I'm happy is they only sleep in one room. U wil not believe dat a man paid julius berger 10m 2 demolish his so dat he can build new 1
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by miky(m): 6:00am On Jan 05, 2014
lynpetra: It's really pathetic to listen to the tales of homeless people in Abuja.Some complain bitterly of how scarce it is to get affordable homes here in the heart of the North.Such Irony!As my aunt drove me around this evening,I can't help to notice so many empty duplexes,bungalows,self contains,Block of flats around."Auntie all this houses na who them dey build am for?"I asked.Beautiful empty houses,several still under construction.Greed na bastard!An employed average Nigerian can never afford the price of only a Dog post in these houses!!Infact,who are those building this houses?Why build a house to leave it empty for years because no customer can pay the prize?Isn't it selfish,foolish and inhumanly wicked?Why not make it affordable as it is available?The only reason business isn't booming in Abuja is partly because plenty houses are empty,as a lot of youths live in places like Iyanya,Maraba,Kubwa,and the outskirts of Abuja.

I know our Govt system is made for the rich,we don't mean anything to them.Living in well built houses doesn't fit the average Nigerian.As they loot our money,every seconds of everyday,every minute of every hour,every day of every year,stealing big,dumping it here and there,hiding them by building so many Estates,Shopping Malls,Markets,Blocks of Flats,ALL FOR NOTHING!!!EMPTY AS THE YEARS GOES....They continue to hide this stolen money on properties and lands,some of which are taken by force from indigenes.....

Mmmh...God is watching.Still waiting for that revolution,surely it will come.It can only take time.

*continues to sip Zobo*

Nonsense when u build your multi millions naira home or more ready if face u I face u, you can renb it out free if you like, it's your money.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by kayswag100(m): 6:20am On Jan 05, 2014
miky:

Nonsense when u build your multi millions naira home or more ready if face u I face u, you can renb it out free if you like, it's your money.

lol! wink
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by captianfreeman(m): 6:34am On Jan 05, 2014
That is corruption remix. God will surely collapse this crazy and wicked system.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Sloan: 6:50am On Jan 05, 2014
[quote author=lynpetra]It's really pathetic to listen to the tales of homeless people in Abuja.Some complain bitterly of how scarce it is to get affordable homes here in the heart of the North.Such Irony!As my aunt drove me around this evening,I can't help to notice so many empty duplexes,bungalows,self contains,Block of flats around."Auntie all this houses na who them dey build am for?"I asked.Beautiful empty houses,several still under construction.Greed na bastard!An employed average Nigerian can never afford the price of only a Dog post in these houses!!Infact,who are those building this houses?Why build a house to leave it empty for years because no customer can pay the prize?Isn't it selfish,foolish and inhumanly wicked?Why not make it affordable as it is available?The only reason business isn't booming in Abuja is partly because plenty houses are empty,as a lot of youths live in places like Iyanya,Maraba,Kubwa,and the outskirts of Abuja.

*continues to sip Zobo*
[/quote

What YOUTHS are you talking about? Is it not the same ones that have sold their life and destinies for N 5000 to be used as willing tools to rig elections, 40 lapdog squad, defending every dum.b government policy after being paid some peanuts, basing on their lives on tribalism and bigotry taught by their leaders and peers online? Are they not the 18 - 26 university students who are online here, people like Ikenafwo, 25 years, Afam 20 something, cashkid about 20, etc and the list is really long! I don't live in Nigeria but the youths around me are not anything like the ones Nigeria is breeding these days! A friend of mine just bought a house this year, he finished his graduate school at 27 / 28 years and bought that house when not more than 29 years of age! He is married and now has a child, Nigerians meanwhile are still shouting youth, youth, everywhere! Did the youths concerned not support BMW Odulah recently, because they've been paid some money or Odulah is from their tribe, who is deceiving who? Nigerian youths will only get what they've sown - nothing and as I write this another $ 1 M has new stolen by your government and part will be used to finance the youths who defend the useless old people who are stealing all the money! You guys better do something quick before it is too late!

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by kayswag100(m): 6:56am On Jan 05, 2014
playboy19:

Oh wow! I give you. How did I get myself into this? You're even having a hard time comprehending English language. I said 'people like you' damn. I didn't say you live in Asokoro.

I guess this is where the saying that 'ignorance is bliss' holds true.

I'm sorry for engaging you. You're not worth it. I give up.

Lol @ 'u seem unintelligent'. Taking pride in stark ignorance. Typical 4th grader. Very funny.

PS: Don't expect any more response from me. I've already given up on you. You're way out of your league. You need to stay thankful to nairaland, you never would have thought you'd cross part with me. You can rant from now till eternity, you won't get a response.

Hahahahahaha

thank God Mr '1 - in - 30 mansions' has common sense now and has repented from 'lie-telling'

You think NL is a place to come and spread deliberate falsehood unchallenged? wrong! !

wouldn't have crossed paths(not 'parts' lol!) with you either if not for NL. liar! !(not shocked since that is what many children are these days)

@ least I'm happy to have educated someone this night
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Sirsijo(m): 7:22am On Jan 05, 2014
lynpetra: It's really pathetic to listen to the tales of homeless people in Abuja.Some complain bitterly of how scarce it is to get affordable homes here in the heart of the North.Such Irony!As my aunt drove me around this evening,I can't help to notice so many empty duplexes,bungalows,self contains,Block of flats around."Auntie all this houses na who them dey build am for?"I asked.Beautiful empty houses,several still under construction.Greed na bastard!An employed average Nigerian can never afford
the price of only a Dog post in these houses!!Infact,who are those building this houses?Why build a house to leave it empty for years because no customer can pay the prize?Isn't it selfish,foolish and inhumanly wicked?Why not make it affordable as it is available?The only reason business isn't booming in Abuja is partly because plenty houses are empty,as a lot of youths live in places like Iyanya,Maraba,Kubwa,and the outskirts of Abuja.

*continues to sip Zobo*

In maitama, i can say that only about 20 people own 70-80% of the houses there. The remaining 20-30% have landlords. So basically working in abuja is like working for the landlord.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria / JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad / Rivers Landlord Hacks Couple With Machete After The Woman 'Refused His Advances'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.