Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,478 members, 7,819,741 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses (54093 Views)

Abuja: A Very Spacious Self Contain To Let 400K. 5% Legal Fees. / Abuja: A Spacious Self Contain 400K. A Room And Parlour Bq 500k. 5% Legal Fees. / Abuja A Room Self-contained (N120,000) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Acidosis(m): 7:48am On Jan 05, 2014
OP, those of us that can afford it are not complaining.

If the rent is too expensive, park your things and go to your village.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

#I_don_die_ nairalanders_go_bite_me_today_on_top_e-rant
grin

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by matsilver: 7:57am On Jan 05, 2014
lynpetra: It's really pathetic to listen to the tales of homeless people in Abuja.Some complain bitterly of how scarce it is to get affordable homes here in the heart of the North.Such Irony!As my aunt drove me around this evening,I can't help to notice so many empty duplexes,bungalows,self contains,Block of flats around."Auntie all this houses na who them dey build am for?"I asked.Beautiful empty houses,several still under construction.Greed na bastard!An employed average Nigerian can never afford the price of only a Dog post in these houses!!Infact,who are those building this houses?Why build a house to leave it empty for years because no customer can pay the prize?Isn't it selfish,foolish and inhumanly wicked?Why not make it affordable as it is available?The only reason business isn't booming in Abuja is partly because plenty houses are empty,as a lot of youths live in places like Iyanya,Maraba,Kubwa,and the outskirts of Abuja.

I know our Govt system is made for the rich,we don't mean anything to them.Living in well built houses doesn't fit the average Nigerian.As they loot our money,every seconds of everyday,every minute of every hour,every day of every year,stealing big,dumping it here and there,hiding them by building so many Estates,Shopping Malls,Markets,Blocks of Flats,ALL FOR NOTHING!!!EMPTY AS THE YEARS GOES....They continue to hide this stolen money on properties and lands,some of which are taken by force from indigenes.....

Mmmh...God is watching.Still waiting for that revolution,surely it will come.It can only take time.

*continues to sip Zobo*
eya sorry, i no hw u feel.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by agabaI23(m): 8:02am On Jan 05, 2014
Then they are achieving their. They don't want Abuja to be like Lagos
Aggrippa: my sista this is a serious matter o....i have some friends in the building proffession who update me on a weekly basis about polithiefcians such as senators, govt , ministers, other civil servants and the contracts to build private homes and estates, mansions running into billions of naira, they handle for them. if you hear the amount these kleptomaniacs spend on their private properties your ears will tingle. if a bizman such as Dangote spend so much to develop such property its not an issue cos its his money. this no joking matter seriously, i also noticed the population of Abuja environs has significantly dwindled cos peep cant afford the expensive accomodation. the less population isn`t good for business. this is why Lagos is ahead in almost all ramifications.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by opalu: 8:05am On Jan 05, 2014
[size=14pt]DAYSTAR SHELTER Ltd is a global housing giant that is solving this menace this year by building 1 million high quality LOWCOST houses in Abuja that will be sold directly †̥☺ the lower and middle class at the price range of N500,000 -N3,000,000 under the Housing Transformation Project (HTP) of the present administration.

The corporation has acquired massive lands for this purpose but still need much more genuine lands under Joint Venture partnerships with private and corporate owners.

They can be reached through: masshousing@ymail.com [/size]
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by maximunimpact(m): 8:21am On Jan 05, 2014
phantonce: they are just trying to correct the mistake they made with lagos by making tins cheaper wich eventually made it overcrowded with human beings and animal.
lekki and v.I is a great example.
lagos is way fun and developed than abuja but na overpopulation kill am.
anytin nigerian touches especially some tribe turns into filth

By some tribe u mean ndigbo? I guess
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by emmadan(m): 8:24am On Jan 05, 2014
una no dey hear?abuja isn't built for the average.if its too hard for you,pack your bag and go.we dnt want abuja to be like lagos.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by SailorXY: 8:26am On Jan 05, 2014
I guess some people can't drop comments without display their tribal piss undecided

2 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by emmadan(m): 8:33am On Jan 05, 2014
phantonce: they are just trying to correct the mistake they made with lagos by making tins cheaper wich eventually made it overcrowded with human beings and animal.
gbam.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by ronski: 8:43am On Jan 05, 2014
We miss d late general sani abacha in this regards...
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by kevoh(m): 8:44am On Jan 05, 2014
opalu: [size=14pt]DAYSTAR SHELTER Ltd is a global housing giant that is solving this menace this year by building 1 million high quality LOWCOST houses in Abuja that will be sold directly †̥☺ the lower and middle class at the price range of N500,000 -N3,000,000 under the Housing Transformation Project (HTP) of the present administration.

The corporation has acquired massive lands for this purpose but still need much more genuine lands under Joint Venture partnerships with private and corporate owners.

How do you plan to determine the true lower and middle class? We have seen cases like yours where one man purchases up to 1000 units of these low cost houses and resell to the real lower and middle class at a higher price range.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 05, 2014
kayswag100:

God bless u!!!

I was bitter initially when I stayed in abj and my house got demolished. If you can't afford the expensive houses, move on! !!

I then realised that it's all about the benjamins baby. ..

My office building (close to force had quaters) was leased at 1.2bill for 4yrs and ppl still paid.

d op needs to know that all cities have deserted houses/overpriced estates. abj is just an example

1.2bill? Haba! May God punish you for this outrageous lie...

2 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by LizzyAnn(f): 8:56am On Jan 05, 2014
Madam a friend of mine acquired a two room self con for 500,000 houses re not that cheap in lagos
lynpetra:

Madam,I am not generalizing here.Ofcourse there are places like Lugbe,Kubwa,Gwarimpa, where a lot of people live,even at that its still expensive.A good self con in Gwarimpa goes from 400k,an amount you can pay for a good flat in some places in Lagos.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by fkj950ax(m): 9:11am On Jan 05, 2014
lynpetra: ...because plenty houses are empty,as a lot of youths live in places like Iyanya,Maraba,Kubwa,and the outskirts of Abuja.

*continues to sip Zobo*

Iyanya is now an estate developer
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by kevoh(m): 9:16am On Jan 05, 2014
LizzyAnn: Madam a friend of mine acquired a two room self con for 500,000 houses re not that cheap in lagos

Madam, I believe a self con is One room+One Kitchen+Toilet.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 05, 2014
fkj950ax:

Iyanya is now an estate developer

Wish I could modify my post,but I can't access this thread,I can't even comment.MOD,why am I being cut off??
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by biopat(m): 9:25am On Jan 05, 2014
kayswag100:

Another fallacy! !!

oga, it's evident your aunt either took you to a wrong part of town or you know NARRING about abj.

All cities in the world have over priced estates with empty houses. GST 102 thot us that it's wrong to generalize based on insufficient sample.
Yet another fallacy! !!
Y U dey call d babe Oga na?

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by DanWrites(m): 9:26am On Jan 05, 2014
lagos is way fun and developed than abuja but na overpopulation kill am.
anytin nigerian touches especially some tribe turns into filth
Ever heard of equality for all? Stop the discrimination Mr and never refer to fellow humans as animals.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by kayswag100(m): 9:40am On Jan 05, 2014
emmy-richie:

1.2bill? Haba! May God punish you for this outrageous lie...

I won't stoop so low exchanging insults with u.

What would I gain by giving wrong information?

There's an office building (now vacant) beside Protea Hotel at Asokoro. Find out who the former occupants were and how much they leased the building from 2009 to 2013.

Again, I wouldn't trade insults with u!!!!
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Dreyl(m): 9:57am On Jan 05, 2014
Op look at your oily face wetin you rub?
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Gbemini(m): 10:09am On Jan 05, 2014
lynpetra:

My brother It's really pathetic!!I mean from Apo,to along Airport,Lokogoma,etc you see lot of empty Estates,NOBODY!!NOT EVEN A DEAD LIZARD!!!
Very painful,dose rich pple livin dere re all selfish idiot.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by ceejayluv(m): 10:14am On Jan 05, 2014
emmadan: una no dey hear?abuja isn't built for the average.if its too hard for you,pack your bag and go.we dnt want abuja to be like lagos.
This one dey nassarawa satellite town dey form .....

2 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 05, 2014
Dreyl: Op look at your oily face wetin you rub?

You no dey chop oil tongue
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by blaise26abj(m): 11:04am On Jan 05, 2014
Abuja wasn't designed for the poor. It is what they say repeatedly. Whichever way u look @ it, that was the plan from the onset when Abuja was designed. Keep the poor (security men, cooks, cleaners) in the outskirts. And let them come into town to work and go back to where they came from. The primary purpose of the Light rail system of abuja is to do that effectively.

Even the current FCT minister's policies don't favour the poor. No bike, no buses within the City centre etc. It reflects the plan of the govt to keep abj for the wealthy.

@ Topic: the construction of those buildings provide daily livelihoods for a lot of nigerians. Yes, the money is usually stolen. But would u rather the money is taken to a swiss bank to waste away? At least when they put it in construction, it trickles down to the people.

As for the buildings unoccupied, the owners will soon lose out when the national housing scheme kicks off. (provided they don't hijack it)
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by RozayGambino: 11:17am On Jan 05, 2014
[quote author=kamez]Blame it on the cost of getting a land in those areas.. Would u buy land for 50millio, build a house and rent it out for 500k per annum? How many centuries would it take u to recoup ur capital? Remember real estate is a business and like every oda buisness, the aim is to start making profit ad quickly as possible[/quote

you're right, OP and others should look at it this way.
you spend N75m to develop a property(land purchase and development cost) if they rent it for N2m/yr, the capital would be recovered in 3+yrs and thats excluding maintanance and other petty cost. In this case(lets say the developer put down all the money without assistance from financial institutions, which is a rare case) its not too bad then imagine if he borrowed money from the banks with their unfavourable high interest rates. Do the math, if you were a developer, how much would you place your properties considering this few issues i mentioned.
havent even talked about many other difficulties in property development in Nigeria.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by 10over101: 11:28am On Jan 05, 2014
Osas001:

I agree wit u!
u dont have to quote the whole story of any op.before u comment...use common sense....liquid content only!!!
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Originalsly: 11:47am On Jan 05, 2014
kayswag100:

Another fallacy! !!

oga, it's evident your aunt either took you to a wrong part of town or you know NARRING about abj.

All cities in the world have over priced estates with empty houses. GST 102 thot us that it's wrong to generalize based on insufficient sample.
Abuja is a capiatl city...which capital city or in fact which city allows houses and developments to be built and left unoccupied? Cities that I know of would make moves to take over ownership of such buildings and either sell them or have thwm occupied as affordable housing. Some cities do have many unoccupied houses but these are cities that are on the decline mainly due to their main sources of occupation e.g car manufacturing plant leaving the city or because of violence and lawlessness....unoccupied because of people moving out.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by InHim4Him(m): 11:48am On Jan 05, 2014
It's not only Abuja. Go to Rayfield in Jos. The owners are living in every other place yet these houses are empty. Some have just the guardman and/or his family. Very pathetic! GREED!
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 05, 2014
1 mansion= 20 blocks lowcost house

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Onuokwu: 11:56am On Jan 05, 2014
lynpetra: It's really pathetic to listen to the tales of homeless people in Abuja.Some complain bitterly of how scarce it is to get affordable homes here in the heart of the North.Such Irony!As my aunt drove me around this evening,I can't help to notice so many empty duplexes,bungalows,self contains,Block of flats around."Auntie all this houses na who them dey build am for?"I asked.Beautiful empty houses,several still under construction.Greed na bastard!An employed average Nigerian can never afford the price of only a Dog post in these houses!!Infact,who are those building this houses?Why build a house to leave it empty for years because no customer can pay the prize?Isn't it selfish,foolish and inhumanly wicked?Why not make it affordable as it is available?The only reason business isn't booming in Abuja is partly because plenty houses are empty,as a lot of youths live in places like Iyanya,Maraba,Kubwa,and the outskirts of Abuja.

I know our Govt system is made for the rich,we don't mean anything to them.Living in well built houses doesn't fit the average Nigerian.As they loot our money,every seconds of everyday,every minute of every hour,every day of every year,stealing big,dumping it here and there,hiding them by building so many Estates,Shopping Malls,Markets,Blocks of Flats,ALL FOR NOTHING!!!EMPTY AS THE YEARS GOES....They continue to hide this stolen money on properties and lands,some of which are taken by force from indigenes.....

Mmmh...God is watching.Still waiting for that revolution,surely it will come.It can only take time.

*continues to sip Zobo*

God will punish the devil!
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Onuokwu: 11:59am On Jan 05, 2014
opalu: [size=14pt]DAYSTAR SHELTER Ltd is a global housing giant that is solving this menace this year by building 1 million high quality LOWCOST houses in Abuja that will be sold directly †̥☺ the lower and middle class at the price range of N500,000 -N3,000,000 under the Housing Transformation Project (HTP) of the present administration.

Global Housing Giant and you don't have a website?

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Eyop: 12:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
Onuokwu:

Global Housing Giant and you don't have a website?

grin i guess Global in their village.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria / JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad / Rivers Landlord Hacks Couple With Machete After The Woman 'Refused His Advances'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.