Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. (1224 Views)

New York Times Top Global Story Predicts Buhari Victory / Kenya, Nigeria Top Global Gay Unclothedness Search Despite Homophobic Attitudes / Fashola Listed Among 100 Top Global Thinkers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by akins56(m): 8:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
Fashola named among 100 top global
thinkers
Posted by: Oziegbe Okoeki in News Update
55 mins ago
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola
(SAN) was at the weekend named along
with other global personalities like Pope
Francis of the Vatican, Japanese Prime
Minister, Shinzo Abe and Mayor of Warsaw,
Poland, Hanna Gronkiewicz-waltz as 100
Top Global Thinkers for 2013 by a global
personality assessment organization, Lo
Spazio della Politica (LSDP).
Lo Spazio della Politica which is based in
Italy and Brussels is an independent Think
Tank fashioned after the prestigious Foreign
Policy (FP), which lists personalities,
organizations and institutions that have
made significant impact on the lives of
people as well as objects, research projects
and public policies which have inspired
thinking globally. It is founded by young
Italian Scientists and scholars.
In its list titled “The LSDP Top 100 Global
Thinkers of 2013″, the organization said it
listed Governor Fashola “Because he made
Lagos an African hub of innovation,
launching the Lagos Innovation Advisory
Council, with the help of the Harvard
Kennedy School”.
The organisation, which named Pope
Francis as number one”because he
reminded the world that the Catholic Church
is a Global Power”, and the Japanese Prime
Minister, Shinzo Abe, as 31 on its list
“Because 2013, for better and for worse,
has been the year of Abenomics”, said its list
was an opportunity to identify some of the
trends in global Politics, Science and other
aspects of life for any particular year.
The organisation stated that the lists
emphasizes mostly political leaders,
scientists, businessmen, academics and
intellectuals even as it tries to balance the
geographical representation between
Europe, the United States, Africa and other
continents adding, however, that the
balance varies on yearly basis.
The President of South Korea, Park Geun-
Hye, was also listed “Because she has
created a Ministry of Science and Future”,
while Nigerian’s Adefunke Ekine, Fellow,
Echidna Global Scholars, Nigeria, got on the
list “For her experience in teaching and
directing schools in Africa; in particular for
the promotion of Science among female
students”.
Three women, Jenet Yellen, Elvira Nabiullina
and Karnit Flug from the United States,
Russia and Israel respectively, took the
second position in the list “because they
showed that the Central Bankers’ Club is not
‘Men Only’ anymore while Brazilian Scientist,
Ruth Nussenzweig, made the third position
in the list “for her research on Malaria and
her will to work again with her husband in
Brazil at the age of 85″.
Also included in the list are Queen Beatrix of
the Netherlands and King Albert 11 of
Belgium, “for their role as Monarch
innovators in Europe”, the famous Japanese
Film Director, Hayao Miyazaki “because he
keeps making adults and children dream
even in the years of his retirement” and Bill
Maris, the Managing Director of Google
Ventures, United States, “Because he was
the first to use a Quantitative and
algorithmic approach in the field of venture
capital.
Other personalities on the organization’s
2013 list include Russian Foreign Minister,
Sergey Lavrov ” for his diplomatic skills
shown in the discussions over Syria”,
Human Rights Activist, Musimbi Kanyoro of
Kenya “for her career defending women’s
rights which brought her to the Head of
Global Fund for Women, Vice President of
the Middle East and North Africa at the World
Bank, Inger Andersen, “for her work on
sustainable development”, and Professor
Calestous Juma of Harvard Kennedy School,
Kenya, “for his Faith on new Africa-based on
innovation, science and research”, among
others.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by Mynd44: 8:44pm On Jan 04, 2014
Nice

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
cool
Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by psucc(m): 8:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
Why not, if not. They should tell us how much was paid to Havard. Nothing goes for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by Mynd44: 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
He does deserve it thought. His thinking has brought people to love and respect him especially when he addresses issues in a forum or on a stage. You will see him name streets, roads, Canals and bridges.

The guy is intelligent

1 Like

Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by luvinhubby(m): 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
*APC egocentric thread*
........runs away !! cheesy
Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by Mynd44: 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
psucc: Why not, if not. They should tell us how much was paid to Havard. Nothing goes for nothing.
Appreciate his intelligence
Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by musiwa112: 8:51pm On Jan 04, 2014
how do they rate that. fashola has not achieved much in power in any sector I know of.

educational system: lagos is nothing to right home about, go to lagos high school or primary school.

Health care: Ondo state have a better health care system than lagos. The ondo state government have build over 100 health facilities.

Transportation : 90% of the road in lagos are in bad sharp

water: 90% of the houses in lagos dont have water.

housing: they have failed to build housing in years.

You can go on. fashola does not have good commissioners.. I will not score any fashola commissionaire well.. they did not do well. compare to the hard work mimiko commissioners have done. It is your commissionaires or ministers that make a government good.

This is how i believe they rate government.

Nigeria media are more about money.. who can give them money. If you pay them money. they will claim you are the best... And this is why the society is never getting better.

This is a town in ondo state.

Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by edababa007(m): 8:53pm On Jan 04, 2014
Good 1 fash...u no need ogogoro for inspiration

1 Like

Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
Wetin Yhu wan mey ah tok?
Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by Ilaje44(m): 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
musiwa112: how do they rate that. fashola has not achieved much in power in any sector I know of.

educational system: lagos is nothing to right home about, go to lagos high school or primary school.

Health care: Ondo state have a better health care system than lagos. The ondo state government have build over 100 health facilities.

Transportation : 90% of the road in lagos are in bad sharp

water: 90% of the houses in lagos dont have water.

You can go on. fashola does not have good commissioners.. I will not score any fashola commissionaire well.. they did not do well. compare to the hard work mimiko commissioners have done. It is your commissionaires or ministers that make a government good.

Nigeria media are more about money.. who can give them money. If you pay them money. they will claim you are the best... And this is why the society is never getting better.

Aburo, kilode? Se won fi se e ni? Ti ilu meta abi meji ba dara to Akure ni ipinle Ondo, se o buru ni? O wa ng fi "fountain" jagajaga yen we ipinle Eko. Oma Ilaje mo gha rin, mo de mi y'ule s'odidi, we gbo? Ma fi Akure we Eko rara. An s'ogba ara ghan jare.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
Impressive.
Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by whizpet: 9:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
That's good, I really know he os gonna b among! EKO ONI BAAJEEE OOOOOO.
Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by eaglechild: 9:55pm On Jan 04, 2014
Anyone can wake up and give any dolt a big name, it means nothing.
Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by Ikengawo: 10:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
Fashola is seen globally as a frontline soldier in the worlds most modern and pending issue: Mass urbanization.

As the majority of humans now live in cities, and Fashola is the first to show an example of how to manage this, not just in Nigeria, or africa but in the globe. In the future nations with calmour to Lagos to learn how to deal with this problem. Kudos to the man. The money he's also set to make after his tenure on the university lecture circuit (him and Okonjo and Sanusi) is going to put anything these other governors are stealing to shame.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by musiwa112: 10:39pm On Jan 04, 2014
orile to mile 2.. has taken 5 years to construct a 6 km road.. mimiko built 45km akure to owo expressroad in less than 1 years. if i was fashola. i will fire all my commissioners. they are just paying media to shout fashola se se lo. they are not doing anything.

mimiko built second university within 4 years.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by MRWHINNIG: 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2014
Nice. Good for him. Congrats to Pope Francis for being the first.
Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by abbeysteph: 12:57am On Jan 05, 2014
Poverty nd corruption do injure ur igbotic brain,ar u saying everybody on dat list paid 2 be included or fashola alone
psucc: Why not, if not. They should tell us how much was paid to Havard. Nothing goes for nothing.
Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by babytoun: 1:09am On Jan 05, 2014
Then make Fashola the presidential candidate. That will prove to people like us that the APC recent run is not all about Born-to-Rule
Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by HowFar: 5:07am On Jan 05, 2014
Fashola among 100 global thinkers? You're kidding right? Thinking of how much to give Tinubu is very hard "thinking" abi?
Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by musiwa112: 5:23am On Jan 05, 2014
[size=28pt]you know what shock me, i have never seen where they build a 6 km for 5 years... 1km per year.. i saw it online.. many years ago and as i am talking you 5 years later, they are still constructing the 6 km road.... how can it take 5 years to construct a 6km road. it should be a world record in road construction [/size]
Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by TonySpike: 5:38am On Jan 05, 2014
musiwa112: [size=28pt]you know what shock me, i have never seen where they build a 6 km for 5 years... 1km per year.. i saw it online.. many years ago and as i am talking you 5 years later, they are still constructing the 6 km road.... how can it take 5 years to construct a 6km road. it should be a world record in road construction [/size]

How can you compare a 10-lane, 7 km (not 6 km) highway with light-rail tracks to a paltry backwater road in Ondo State? Are you okay?
Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by Nobody: 5:59am On Jan 05, 2014
musiwa112: [size=28pt]you know what shock me, i have never seen where they build a 6 km for 5 years... 1km per year.. i saw it online.. many years ago and as i am talking you 5 years later, they are still constructing the 6 km road.... how can it take 5 years to construct a 6km road. it should be a world record in road construction [/size]
how can we help this guy. cry
Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:09am On Jan 05, 2014
Ok so present Fashola and Ribadu to us as APC Presidential representatives.

Oh, I forget, some people will scream about a "Muslim/Muslim" ticket as a reason to vote GEJ... which they'll do anyways even if APC presented two Christians.
Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by Tonylyte(m): 7:26am On Jan 05, 2014
luvinhubby: *APC egocentric thread*
........runs away !! cheesy
y em go egocentricise the thread? Fashola treck go moon? In as much as i appreciate good tins coming to nigeria(ns), i dnt think they is anytin to bragg abt in ths stf. Few nigerians and some common folks were listed there, why shuld the gov'nr of a mega city lyk lagos-almost the population ghana be celebrated differently, becos he was listed?
Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by Ayekotoo(m): 8:19am On Jan 05, 2014
Mynd_44: He does deserve it thought. His thinking has brought people to love and respect him especially when he addresses issues in a forum or on a stage. You will see him name streets, roads, Canals and bridges.

The guy is intelligent
Truth! The man is a Role model for many Nigerian leaders.

Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by Alphaoscar: 8:41am On Jan 05, 2014

Tell us a single road started and finished by your mimiko in his first 4years? Where are the 100 hospitals in ondo? Comparing mimiko to Fashola is your height of idiocy. Go to lasuth and all the general hospitals in lagos and compare them to the dispensaries you call hospitals in Ondo. Fashola can do more and we expect him to do better but he is still one of the top 3 performers of his generation/set. I live in lagos and appreciate his good work.
Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by 1wolex85: 8:48am On Jan 05, 2014
Ikengawo: Fashola is seen globally as a frontline soldier in the worlds most modern and pending issue: Mass urbanization.

As the majority of humans now live in cities, and Fashola is the first to show an example of how to manage this, not just in Nigeria, or africa but in the globe. In the future nations with calmour to Lagos to learn how to deal with this problem. Kudos to the man. The money he's also set to make after his tenure on the university lecture circuit (him and Okonjo and Sanusi) is going to put anything these other governors are stealing to shame.
I just like your honest opinion. Among nigerian politicians, that guys intelligence is legendary, you want to listen to him when he speaks. He has such a good grasp of issues. If only it wad politically workable for him to contest for the seat of the president in 2015. Such a brilliant administrator and one whose book I would buy when he devides to write one.
Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by 1wolex85: 8:56am On Jan 05, 2014
babytoun: Then make Fashola the presidential candidate. That will prove to people like us that the APC recent run is not all about Born-to-Rule
Making fash presidential candidate wont work right now, he wont win. SE and SS will not vote for him even when everybody knows he is the better candidate. With the current political climate, he wont get much up north either. APC just has to field a northern candidate, that is the reality on ground now, anything other than that, apc wont win. Its unfortunate, but with the kind of people we are in nigeria, apc has little choice. So its not a matter of born to rule, apc is just doing wats best for their chances. In 1999, if any party had fielded smone not from the sw, that party wud have lost woefully. You do wats best for your party to win.
Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 05, 2014
musiwa112: how do they rate that. fashola has not achieved much in power in any sector I know of.

educational system: lagos is nothing to right home about, go to lagos high school or primary school. (Write home about)

Health care: Ondo state have a better health care system than lagos. The ondo state government have build over 100 health facilities. (Have built)

Transportation : 90% of the road in lagos are in bad sharp (Bad Shape)

water: 90% of the houses in lagos dont have water. (Are you in Lagos? If you Avent tasted water or had ur bath in days/yrs am sure you won't be here)

You can go on. fashola does not have good commissioners.. (Omg "what the heck is "a good commissioners"wink I will not score any fashola commissionaire well.. they did not do well. compare to the hard work mimiko commissioners have done. It is your commissionaires or ministers that make a government good.

I Swear I am tired of correcting you. Take corrections from the bracketed words. You should be on the Global list self as a grammatical terrorist (A reknowned Icon at destroying English)
Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by psucc(m): 8:13pm On Jan 05, 2014
abbeysteph: Poverty nd corruption do injure ur igbotic brain,ar u saying everybody on dat list paid 2 be included or fashola alone
Well, it may interest you to know that am neither poor nor rich. God had done me well.
But that does not hamper my power of reasoning.
Ask your Fash to tell how much he paid for the Havard consultants. Sadly he only end up thinking while others ACT/PERFORM.
Re: Fashola Named Among 100 Top Global Thinkers. by BishopJuice: 8:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
The official Fashola Kiss a$$ thread

(1) (Reply)

Sanusi Resolves Differences With Jonathan, Affirms Respect For President / Wole Soyinka 'islam Is Not In Danger And Discusses Biafra' Talk To Al Jazeera / Liberian Man Infected With Ebola Virus In Lagos Hospital Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.