Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,398 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Will Tomorrow Ever Come, are we truly leaders of tomorrow? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Tomorrow Ever Come, are we truly leaders of tomorrow? (901 Views)

Looking At This Pix, Are We Truly D Leaders Of Tomorrow Or We Are Being Fooled / Army Alleges Sabotage By Borno Leaders / Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Tomorrow Ever Come, are we truly leaders of tomorrow? by chucky234(m): 9:39am On Jan 05, 2014
Back 1985, IBB was the
head of state and commander-in-chief of the Nigeria armed forces
and our teachers made us understand that we are the leaders of TOMORROW.
Buhari and OBJ were
former the Heads of
state and our teacher
along with the society still saw us as "the
leaders of
tomorrow" but 29 years
later, IBB and Buhari
are still contesting
for Presidencial elections while OBJ plays the political godfather. It’s
either our teachers and the society lied
to us about being the
leaders of tomorrow or tomorrow is yet to
come.
I n 1983,
Bamanga Tukur was
the Governor of the
defunct Gongola State
(now Adamawa &
Taraba) and 31 years
later, he still call the shot as the Chairman of the ruling Party, PDP; Dr. Bello Halliru was
commissioner in the old
Sokoto State (now
Sokoto, Kebbi & Zamfara) and 33 years
after he is the minister
of Defense;
Major General David Mark(rtd) was the military governor of Niger State in 1984 and 30 years later he is today the Senate
President ; Gov. Murtala
Nyako was the governor of Niger State in 1976 and 38 years later he is the Governor
of Adamawa State;
Ogbonnaya Onu
was governor of Abia
State in 1992 and 22
years after he is the National Chairman
of ANPP; Gov. David Jonah Jang was the governor of Benue State in 1985 and 29 years after he is today the governor of Plateau state; and Martins Elechi the Ebonyi State Governor is over 80 years old and still flexing in govt while the younger more intellectually gifted men roam the streets of Abakiliki jobless.
Only in Nigeria is this possible, where the youth of today have no hope for the future, politicians loot money and keep recycling themselves in government while the youths believe in leaders of tomorrow.
From strike in health
sector, to labor,
to the judiciary,to ASUU. All
former companies
are closed, no new ones
are planned for
the foreseeable future:
yet Universities
graduates thousands of students yearly with no employment opportunities in
sight.
FG have since turned to selling off the country in the name of privatization after looting the money meant for the managing and running of the affected sectors like telecommunication,education,power and now petroleum ( with the proposed sale of our refineries),NITEL and NICON are dead and buried after the so called privatization.
Its glaring that these politicians are tossing the masses like dice yet we celebrate them out of sheer ignorance or tribal sentiment as the case may be, only a man with gullible mind will that there is a saint in APC or PDP. A president who publicly declared his annual food allowance of N1bn while millions of Nigerians languish in poverty is certainly not a saint neither is a party run by rogues like Tinubu,Buhari and El-Rufai a congregation of saints, the present crop of politicians are devils with no exception.
The country will remain stagnated except will do away with political and tribal sentiment, we have to fight to bring a change.
Our economy is the fastest growing economy in the world on paper but remains the worst economy in reality, the poor is getting poorer while politicians recycle the country's windfall within them.
Cost of living is increasing daily, adequate housing for all is still a mirage yet politicians have empty mansions in major cities across the country.
A country with so much resources cant even boast of a single standard road, Lagos-Benin-Ore expressway is worst of its kind in West Africa let alone the world, we celebrate mediocre without looking at how much money spent to achieve so little.
The fact that no Nigerian airports is certified by IATA as international standard in this age shows the govt have done nothing to justify the billions spent, the whole remodelling exercise is nothing but circus show and an avenue to loot more money.
Our external debt stands at $10.20bn with nothing to show to for the excessive borrowing, Deziani and NNPC is yet to tell Nigeria where they have been diverting billions of dollars in last few years.
So much questions with no answers.......
Re: Will Tomorrow Ever Come, are we truly leaders of tomorrow? by Afrocatalyst: 10:32am On Jan 05, 2014
I feel your pain bro, honestly I do. But on a second thought,who would take sugar in his mouth and spit it out,except for very few like Mandiba.

I used to wish I can buy all the things I wanted until I realized wishing/self pity wouldn't get me any of those things. When I moved out and did the needful,I started getting those things I wanted.

We have to device means to take up leadership cos people holding it are nt willing to let go. Nonetheless, we have a lesson to learn from them as there are no negativity without positivity. We must train ourselves not to be power drunk when we get there. The ability to walk away when our job is done is a defining factor in achieving lasting success in leadership.

I believe if our youths come under one umbrella,we can displace them with international backing.
I have been building myself for the past six years in this regard and very soon,I shall be ready.
Re: Will Tomorrow Ever Come, are we truly leaders of tomorrow? by Godwinsilas(m): 11:08am On Jan 05, 2014
I think it should be change We are the Leader of Today
Re: Will Tomorrow Ever Come, are we truly leaders of tomorrow? by chucky234(m): 1:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
Afrocatalyst: I feel your pain bro, honestly I do. But on a second thought,who would take sugar in his mouth and spit it out,except for very few like Mandiba.

I used to wish I can buy all the things I wanted until I realized wishing/self pity wouldn't get me any of those things. When I moved out and did the needful,I started getting those things I wanted.

We have to device means to take up leadership cos people holding it are nt willing to let go. Nonetheless, we have a lesson to learn from them as there are no negativity without positivity. We must train ourselves not to be power drunk when we get there. The ability to walk away when our job is done is a defining factor in achieving lasting success in leadership.

I believe if our youths come under one umbrella,we can displace them with international backing.
I have been building myself for the past six years in this regard and very soon,I shall be ready.
Its sad how the very few heartless politicians who are looting our wealth are celebrated in this country.
Re: Will Tomorrow Ever Come, are we truly leaders of tomorrow? by chucky234(m): 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2014
Godwinsilas: I think it should be change We are the Leader of Today
Even so the phrase is still very wrong, the old men still run things and they are not in any way ready to give up power just yet.
Re: Will Tomorrow Ever Come, are we truly leaders of tomorrow? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2014
Keep waiting...

Dont you realise that today is the tomorrow of yesterday
Re: Will Tomorrow Ever Come, are we truly leaders of tomorrow? by 1stola: 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
I rule.
Re: Will Tomorrow Ever Come, are we truly leaders of tomorrow? by chucky234(m): 1:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
No chance

(1) (Reply)

We’re Behind You, APC Leaders Telloshiomhole / Is Nigeria's Centenary Lottery Fake? Please Nairalanders Comment. / Conversation Between Ebola And AIDS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.