Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah (34275 Views)

Quality Early Years Education - Creche & Preschool In Ikeja / Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) / A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by blessedtwins: 12:02am On Jul 28, 2017
Jamjam5000, I know PPS is a good pry school , but I dont know much about their preschool.
U cld compare with Magnolia, Marymount or Wissen place.I personally prefer pure preschools
Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by jamjam5000(f): 4:42am On Jul 28, 2017
blessedtwins:
Jamjam5000, I know PPS is a good pry school , but I dont know much about their preschool.
U cld compare with Magnolia, Marymount or Wissen place.I personally prefer pure preschools

Thank you . Will try Magnolia and Marymount. My grouse with Wissen place is that because they are new and haven't been " tried and trusted". They may good facility but I am not so sure of the quality of thier staff.
Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 30, 2017
I know pampers in surulere, I would have enrolled my kids there is I were still in surulere.

And where I am now is still far from the one in lekki.

1 Like

Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by glogirl(f): 1:39am On Jul 30, 2017
You can also check out stonyhurst schools. It's right behind lagoon schools. Great place. The proprietor knows what she is doing. My 3rd child is there. I made the mistake of going for big schools with my first child and he got left behind. I don't make that mistake now.especially for preschools.

1 Like

Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by jamjam5000(f): 10:28am On Jul 30, 2017
glogirl:
You can also check out stonyhurst schools. It's right behind lagoon schools. Great place. The proprietor knows what she is doing. My 3rd child is there. I made the mistake of going for big schools with my first child and he got left behind. I don't make that mistake now.especially for preschools.

I did visit the school. Really pricey though
Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by Trottle: 2:45pm On Jul 30, 2017
Onegai:
Schoolfees is now madness. We were told N280,000 per term for creche in Lekki 1 and everyone assured us that it was quite affordable. The cheapest I've seen was N230,000 per term. Schoolfees has more than quadrupled up (someone's fees came up from N600,000 to over N1m in a letter at the end of term with no prior warning). I've been told even the mainland is not being spared. Parents of children who are heading to Primary school are now opting to relocate outside the country to be able to afford quality, reasonably-prices schools (Father stays here, Mother moves with kids or both of them move depending on if their jobs are no longer able to afford a sensible lifestyle). People are selling off cars to raise schoolfees for the upcoming term or moving their kids to grandparents or relatives outside Lagos state for Secondary school. So many cannot afford a regular school anymore.

I feel if one parent is not working, get educational resources online for British curriculum, hit a bookstore and prep your child through PreKinder. Because why on earth should one pay N600,000 per annum to learn how to write 1,2,3 and A,B,C? Organise playdates for kids. I've met some mums who did that and their kids turned out great. And one supermum whose kids became superstars is now coaching other kids.

Thank you ma'am, preach it!

An educated wife is always an asset.

And if one starts advocating that the wife switches to a very flexible job or becomes a stays at-home mom, they scream "this is the 21st century, bla,bla, bla".

A wife who rather invests in her kids by teaching them elementary knowledge, their indigenous, English and other languages that the mother knows, morality, life skills and other essentials (which this schools would NEVER teach), you would be giving all those schools a very good run for their money.

After all, you work to improve their lives and yours, why don't you rather channel your time in building them??

1 Like

Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by Onegai(f): 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2017
Trottle:

Thank you ma'am, preach it!

An educated wife is always an asset.

And if one starts advocating that the wife switches to a very flexible job or becomes a stays at-home mom, they scream "this is the 21st century, bla,bla, bla".

A wife who rather invests in her kids by teaching them elementary knowledge, their indigenous, English and other languages that the mother knows, morality, life skills and other essentials (which this schools would NEVER teach), you would be giving all those schools a very good run for their money.

After all, you work to improve their lives and yours, why don't you rather channel your time in building them??

Before you clap too much, an educated husband can also do this. I got most of my education from my father and it was a great education. Nothing makes this a mother's job only, both parents should do it.

11 Likes

Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by Trottle: 6:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
Onegai:

Before you clap too much, an educated husband can also do this. I got most of my education from my father and it was a great education. Nothing makes this a mother's job only, both parents should do it.

I never mentioned that an educated husband can't do such. What I meant was that since the first education starts with the mother, it would be of great benefit to the child if she's educated. Parenting is their collective duty.
Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by Onequietgirl: 12:56pm On Jan 19, 2018
SlowlybtSurely:

You will be very lucky to get that in Lagos or Abuja. Most sophisticated ones start from #200k.

I found a very good and affordable school (unfortunately ends at nursery) for my son. He comes home everyday and he's learnt something new. School name is Joy Care Academy. It is located at Abraham Adesanya estate. Parents living around that area and looking for schools for their 1-4 year old children should check them out. Not sophisticated but does the job.Paid #100k per term.

Could you please help with more info about and directions on finding my way to this school?
Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by SlowlybtSurely: 2:11pm On Jan 19, 2018
Onequietgirl:

Could you please help with more info about and directions on finding my way to this school?

It's inside Abraham Adesanya estate, very close to the Anglican Church.
Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by Onegai(f): 11:22am On Apr 13, 2018
Hello everyone.

I got someone knowledgeable to give pointers for what to look for, in a school. Please take a look:

http://nefescorner.com/picking-right-pre-school-and-nursery/

Based on her suggestions, I think we did okay and out school scores an 8/10. So we are on the right track. Please feel free to share, it's just to be helpful.
Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by vivavee: 9:39am On Mar 09, 2019
Onegai:
Guys, you're missing this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3292928/salary-structures-schools-around-badoreajah/1

There are teachers asking for salaries for most of the schools in Lekki/Ajah area. Some experiences teachers there state that their salaries start from N50,000 per month and the highest amount I've read there is N350,000 monthly for teachers and it's a sliding scale; you earn more the longer you stay and have more experience. But because teachers supplement their incomes with home lessons, most experience burnout. However, schoolfees for most of these schools is upwards of N200,000 per student per term (N400,000 per term per student for some of them). And all of them agree that the higher the pay, the more overworked they are (they work even during holidays).

If a school has 2000 students paying N250,000 per term and let's make each class 25 students with one teacher and Assistant teacher (who will earn less). I'm not up to doing the Math, but it seems parents are paying for facilities rather than teaching staff. I'm sure some teachers are excellent but it's very unlikely every single teacher is incredible and plus, they are overworked. So they won't be able to give their best every day.

Why am we paying so much for facilities

Good day y'all
If you are in Lekki and need affordable Creche and Preschool try TABITHA at Osapa Her contact0706 960 9409
The termly fees is the best in this region and she has great facility
Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by vivavee: 9:41am On Mar 09, 2019
mrs2u:

@blessedtwins, I am in situation at the moment, did you find a preschool for this budget or max 100k per term. Please help a sister

For this budget try TABITHA OSAPA LONDON her contact 0706 960 9409
Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by maureenangels: 3:23pm On Jul 18, 2019
Please can someone help me out with affordable schools in lekki phase 2
Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 18, 2019
I hate lagos,whenever I happened to be there against my wish, I remain and limit my movement on the island,if you are a friend or family and you wanna see me please kindly undergo that stress alone of coming or stay put and catch me up whenever you are in Abuja.I think they should start chasing people away from that Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by DamiBukola: 2:27am On Aug 27, 2019
Can I get a creche for a 6 month old baby around Abijo, Ajah axis.
Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by Unclesamo(m): 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2019
maureenangels:
Please can someone help me out with affordable schools in lekki phase 2
Dolton international School

Block 54, Plot 6 Lekki Peninsula
Scheme 2 Eti Osa LEKKI Peninsula, scheme 2,
Lagos
Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by realtalk19: 9:13pm On Aug 27, 2019
SlowlybtSurely:

My dear, they sent me their break down. Everything came to #201,000 without transportation for their toddler class. #133,000 is compulsory, while the others are optional (lunch, fruits, after school etc).

It is not a small something. sad

It's cheap compared to Coastland schools,ikorodu where toddler bill alone is 220,000.
Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by Zainn: 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
There an affordable creche here in Lekki/Ajah. My sister attends this school, and I must say, they are GOOD. I’m even surprised to find a quality and affordable school in this area. The name is ‘RealJoy Schools’.
The school’s number is ‘+234 803 838 5686’
You really should make an inquiry
Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by Zainn: 6:32pm On Sep 27, 2020
And this RealJoy School also gives discount
If there are 3 children, the third child pays half tuition
If there are 4 children, the fourth child pays no tuition

God bless this school.
Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by Grineriastore: 1:23pm On Mar 16, 2021
Grineria Store Enterprises, your home of best quality indoor and outdoor playground equipment/accessories be it for homes, schools, amusement parks, events, kiddies fair and outdoor parties.

We have a wide range of indoor and outdoor playground equipment such as merry go round, see saw, trampoline, swing, basketball hoop, slide, Artificial grass, Big outdoor Play station, Clubhouse, bouncing castle, inflatable jump "o" lene, Kids Pool, classroom furniture etc.

call/whatsapp us on: 08086109104, 08062352970.

Re: Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah by gbekumoyan(f): 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2021
Check out The Pier School (you can google them up). They just moved from Yaba on the mainland to Chevy View Estate. Standard is very good and fees are quite affordable ranging from N95k-210k depending on the services you require.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Things To Know Before Getting Married! / My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job / "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.