Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) (37065 Views)

When Your Boy Friend Is The Leader Of Masquerade Group In Your Village [PHOTO] / Aguleri Is The Ancestral Home Of The Igbos, Not Nri! / Aguleri Is The Ancestral Home Of The Igbos, Not Nri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by iconize(m): 10:03pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77:

LWKMD.

I don't even know who you are. What are you talking about?
Thanks for the misinformation. Now face your rival chino!.
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
iconize:
All4NAIJA na you be this?
I give up on you.
Sorry,pal! I didn't mean any harm with that post. I am asking for ways to make the cultural activity looks civilized enough for others not to view it as ritual practice. Do you know what I mean? That dude couldn't help it than sees the ugly side to it on a tribal ground.

Thank you.
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by owolabifunke14(f): 10:13pm On Jan 05, 2014
Pagan 9ja, go to page 6 and read my posts. I want to set you free
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
iconize:
Thanks for the misinformation. Now face your rival chino!.
u first tackled him wit ur post,then he replied u ,u are now crying!!..igbos are dumb sha!!

Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
I am expecting something like this EYO festival well presented to the world in the image below.

Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

they were busy praying to jesus.
no,they were busy masquerading!!
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:20pm On Jan 05, 2014
rahazaqa: no,they were busy masquerading!!

they forgot the Gods.'

they were busy praying to men.
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 05, 2014
Another image of EYO festival in Lagos.

Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
Chino,I don't know what kind of masqurade they have up there in Aguleri but in Umuoji women stay 100ft away from masqurade. Infact,our masqurade carry whip,axe and machete. Its no joke like you have here. There was two hrs traffic on Nkor-Umuoji road for about two hrs at Nkwo Umuoji junction. Even guy run for masqurades in Umuoji and sometimes serious bloody fight break out. Even now you can't chant the famous Umuoji chant "Umuoji Obodo dike",anymore. Lol...guys get emotional and start breaking shhit!
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by iconize(m): 10:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
rahazaqa: u first tackled him wit ur post,then he replied u ,u are now crying!!..igbos are dumb sha!!
Are you daft? Go and read meaning to my first post. Now get lost!
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 05, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

they forgot the Gods.'

they were busy praying to men.
u are right!! Aboki!!!
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli: Chino,I don't know what kind of masqurade they have up there in Aguleri but in Umuoji women stay 100ft away from masqurade. Infact,our masqurade carry whip,axe and machete. Its no joke like you have here. There was two hrs traffic on Nkor-Umuoji road for about two hrs at Nkwo Umuoji junction. Even guy run for masqurades in Umuoji and sometimes serious bloody fight break out. Even now you can't chant the famous Umuoji chant "Umuoji Obodo dike",anymore. Lol...guys get emotional and start breaking shhit!
That is savagery, not cultural activity!
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by Revolva(m): 10:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
grin The masquarede are similar to the ones in igala land i know the incantations they use to bring these masquarede are in igala ..the peopleof aguleri share some igala tradition in their traditions
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
The eyo is celebrated by the whole lagos state,that makes it huge. In Umuoji we have the famous Uzo iyi festivals and its huge but only exclusive to the town. Why don't you go and open another thread to discuss eyo ?

Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by iconize(m): 10:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
rahazaqa: go and die!!!
Crap!!! Go back and read sense to my first post, and stop acting like you initially got my points.
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:34pm On Jan 05, 2014
Revolva: grin The masquarede are similar to the ones in igala land i know the incantations they use to bring these masquarede are in igala ..the peopleof aguleri share some igala tradition in their traditions

Nop the incantation aren't in Igala. Igala aree the ones reciting Aguleri incantations. Like "odeke agulu"

Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli: The eyo is celebrated by the whole lagos state,that makes it huge. In Umuoji we have the famous Uzo iyi festivals and its huge but only exclusive to the town. Why don't you go and open another thread to discuss eyo ?

Another shallow-minded person I must explain what I mean with the EYO images. I posted those images to put things in perspective on the way culture should be presented to the world in this modern time. Nobody will take your sh*t serious rather than being stereotype about the evils and barbaric sides to it if not well presented to the world to show we are matured than being savages! That is what those images are about.

Thank you.
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by 4chi: 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2014
all4naija: That is savagery, not cultural activity!

You want the primitive eebos to organise a festival on the scale of the eyo, osun osogbo or the ojude Oba festivals?? Bro, YOU ARE ON A VERY LONG THING..... To put it mildly, eeebos are incapable of such "class". got it? wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why We Cancelled Yoruba Cultural Ceremony, Isese Festival – Emir Of Ilorin / Nigerian Girl Traditionally Weds British Lover In Her Village (photos) / Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation