Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,457 members, 7,770,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:19 AM

The Menstrual Circle And How It Take Place - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Menstrual Circle And How It Take Place (5759 Views)

Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. / Common Misconceptions About The Menstrual Cycle / Shortening The Menstrual Cycle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Menstrual Circle And How It Take Place by zapadon(m): 4:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
This is how menstrual cycle take place;

The menstrual cycle varies from 26 to 31 days from woman to woman and the safe period to avoid pregnancy should be calculated as below;

The longest cycle days subtracted by ten days gives the last day of the fertile period. i.e 31 days- 10days= 21 day

The shortest cycle days subtracted by 18 days gives the first day of fertile period. i.e 26 days- 18 days= 8th day.

From the calculation above the unsafe period (the fertile period) to have intercourse and get pregnant is 8th to 21st day of each menstrual cycle. That time period is when you can get pregnant. However the effectiveness of this method all depends on if you have made your calculations the right way. The rest of the days are considered safe to have intercourse and not get pregnant.

To identify the shortest and longest period cycles you are required to make an observation and draw a conclusion from it. For example you can observe your periods for 6 months and determine the number of days between starting date and the next period after which you will be in a good position to identify or know the shortest and longest period cycles which will in turn help you in knowing the safe and unsafe periods to have intercourse

The chances of unwanted pregnancy occurring is next to none provided that you have had intercourse for the days considered to be safe period but the question is, how do you really know if you are on safe days or not?

Normally pregnancy occurs halfway through periods i.e when ovulation (release of the female egg) takes place. However, it becomes difficult and a sort of a challenge to know when exactly the egg is released from the ovary and what’s more, girls can be fertile for a couple of days around the time ovulation occurs. So having unprotected intercourse during the “safe period days” can’t guarantee of pregnancy not taking place which means you are required not to take chance by using contraceptive like plan b, the pill and ipill. However if you still want to take chance and want to have intercourse during the safe periods, this is how you can determine or calculate when it is

1 Like

Re: The Menstrual Circle And How It Take Place by piratedcopy(m): 4:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
undecided cry well let it sha make front page let the ladies learn
Re: The Menstrual Circle And How It Take Place by lomaxx: 4:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
Lemme see if I can make it simpler:

•Women of reproductive age have a menstrual cycle. This cycle varies between 28 days to 31 days.

• No matter the length of your cycle, you will ovulate at mid-cycle. Hence, the woman with a 28-day cycle will ovulate on day 14.

•Ovulation means that the egg is now released and available. Hence, any availability of sperm cell will result in fertilization which could lead to pregnancy.

• So from Day 1 to Day 10 of the menstrual cycle is considered safe. If you have intercourse on Day 11, the sperm cell can live long enough for 72 hours (3days) and may meet an ovulated egg.

•The Egg can survive 12- 24 hours after ovulation. Availability of sperm cell too is trouble. So - 3 days after Day 14 to Day 1 again is also safe.

•Day 1 of your cycle is the first day of your menstruation.

•This method of avoiding pregnancy is not 100% perfect. For double assurance, use a condom or the pill.

1 Like

Re: The Menstrual Circle And How It Take Place by dejt4u(m): 5:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
Re: The Menstrual Circle And How It Take Place by Alikaxon(m): 5:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
Abstinence remains the safest and surest. 199%.
Re: The Menstrual Circle And How It Take Place by Lagusta(m): 6:34pm On Jan 05, 2014
lomaxx: Lemme see if I can make it simpler:

•Women of reproductive age have a menstrual cycle. This cycle varies between 28 days to 31 days.

• No matter the length of your cycle, you will ovulate at mid-cycle. Hence, the woman with a 28-day cycle will ovulate on day 14.

•Ovulation means that the egg is now released and available. Hence, any availability of sperm cell will result in fertilization which could lead to pregnancy.

• So from Day 1 to Day 10 of the menstrual cycle is considered safe. If you have intercourse on Day 11, the sperm cell can live long enough for 72 hours (3days) and may meet an ovulated egg.

•Day 1 of your cycle is the first day after the end of your menstruation. So if your menses ends today, Day 1 starts tomorrow.

•This method of avoiding pregnancy is not 100% perfect. For double assurance, use a condom or the pill.

Source: Years of Med School.

sorry boss, but you got itt all wrong @bolded....

menstrual cycle stats from the fist day YOU SEE YOUR PERIOD, NOT THE DAY IT ENDS!!!!! the beginning of your period s the beginning of your cycle....

browse and check if I'm wrong.....
Re: The Menstrual Circle And How It Take Place by Lagusta(m): 6:34pm On Jan 05, 2014

•Day 1 of your cycle is the first day after the end of your menstruation. So if your menses ends today, Day 1 starts tomorrow.

menstrual cycle stats from the fist day YOU SEE YOUR PERIOD, NOT THE DAY IT ENDS!!!!! the beginning of your period s the beginning of your cycle....

Re: The Menstrual Circle And How It Take Place by lomaxx: 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2014
Lagusta:

Thanks for the correction.

(1) (Reply)

Powerful Soft Ice For Treatment Of Eye. / Boost Libido And, Maintain Stronger and Longer Erection / Tips For Getting Pink Lips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.