Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

I Am Not The Sun - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Am Not The Sun (568 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored / Link To Download Half Of A Yellow Sun Book / Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am Not The Sun by frenzybest1(m): 11:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
I Am Not The Sun I've come to expect nothing so if nothing happens then I am not at all surprised. I know this sounds quite negative, but I disagree, I call it realistic, it's just my point of view. All this, " is the glass half empty or half full," crap is just that, who really cares what you think.
The world is going to keep on turning no matter whether you are in it or not.
It doesn't revolve around you unless you are the sun, and that's a lesson that every one of us should learn.

I wrote this woeful verse when I was having one of my self-pity parties I am so famous for. Wallowing in pity will only leave you mired in guilt and shame. When you get cleansed you will find everything has changed. Look to the higher power. He has assured us He won't put on us more than we can bare. Days later having fought the demons of depression and having re-read my poem I was ashamed of myself. How dare I write such words. But the last line did ring true. The world doed not revolve around me for I am not the sun or even a star or a moon, I am only a lowly man. But should I expect nothing and relinquish myself to the fact that good things are for others, not for me. Feeling sorry for ones self is so shameful. We all are blessed if we just realize and accept that blessing. It reminds me of the old saying, " I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet." Think of the lesson here. We all have much to be thankful for and should be grateful every day for the life that has been given to us. True the world will continue on after you depart but try to make a difference until that day does arrive. Be optimistic and you will be surprised the good things that will come your way. By Marvin K ,a writer in obizplanet Poetry Blog.

(1) (Reply)

Collection Of African Proverbs Part 2 / This Gift. / A Plot With The Shadow.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.