Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,384 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan (1618 Views)

Doyin Okupe Mocks Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Buhari(pic) / Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan / 2015 : S’ East APC Moves To Save okorocha (2) (3) (4)

2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by Mekanus(m): 7:14am On Jan 06, 2014
Governor Sullivan Chime has come under fire from the All Progressives Congress, APC, for stating that the party had no place in Enugu State.
Chime had on Saturday during the inauguration of 17 newly elected council chairmen in the state at the Michael Opara Square, equally endorsed President Goodluck Jonathan for the 2015 presidential election.
“We pledge our total support and loyalty to the PDP and President Jonathan. We support him and his programmes. We wish to assure him that so long as he is in the race for 2015 presidency, he should not bother coming to Enugu State to campaign… We don’t need APC here, so he is sure of our support”, Chime was quoted as saying.
But in a statement on Sunday signed by the APC spokesman in the South-East, Mr. Osita Okechukwu, the party wondered the criteria the governor used in endorsing Jonathan even when he was yet to declare interest.
“On the endorsement of President Jonathan before he declares, may we ask the governor to mention which project Mr President has executed in Enugu State 3 years down the line, for we regrettably remember the empty promises he made to our good people”, he said.
He further averred that “contrary to the self-serving and dictatorial speech of Gov Chime, during the swearing in ceremony of the undemocratically imposed local council chairmen, the APC South East states unequivocally that Enugu State is sick and needs enough dosage of APC post 2015 general elections.
“We are at a loss why Gov Chime, a senior lawyer will be celebrating the hand-picking of the 17 local government chairmen and councillors, contrary to the provision of the law and core tenets of democracy, when he deliberately manipulated Dr Emma Eneh led Enugu State Electoral Commission to disqualify APC and APGA candidates with flimsy excuses.
“Some of the candidates were disqualified for paying taxes outside Enugu State, as if none of our sons and daughters reside outside the state or do business outside the state”.
“Why was Governor Chime afraid to use the election to test the ground before deceiving President Goodluck Jonathan not to bother to campaign at Enugu? Enough of such cheap deception”, the party said.
It noted that “We could have used this forum to expose how the Electoral Commission conducted the sham and so called local council election, but for the fact that the matter is before the court and as true democrats, we do not want to be contemptuous of the court.
“We need to remind Governor Chime that the good people of Enugu State are keeping records of the billions streaming into Enugu State treasury and so far the job done is not commensurate with funds collected.
“We have already queried Governor Chime over the misplaced priority, bogus and untidy manner of the award of new Enugu State Secretariat, a matter receiving due attention at EFCC”, the statement added.

Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by segzyj(m): 7:16am On Jan 06, 2014
I think Freedom of speech,Freedom of expression and Association is part of our fundamental right?

Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by petrov10: 7:21am On Jan 06, 2014
They can spit brimestone for all i care

chime we are with u on this , fret not

Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by Emperor007: 7:36am On Jan 06, 2014
APC is Nigeria arm of Muslim Brotherhood, simple.

Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by clun(f): 7:38am On Jan 06, 2014
APC I have one advice for you. Do not waste one kobo in Enugu State.

Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by manny4life(m): 7:45am On Jan 06, 2014
It's beginning to dawn on them that they have no foothold elsewhere but SW... I dey laff o.

APC was publicly humiliated in Anambra, next is Enugu, what state is NEXT?

Imo state? grin grin

Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by luvinhubby(m): 8:04am On Jan 06, 2014
manny4life: It's beginning to dawn on them that they have no foothold elsewhere but SW... I dey laff o.

Imo state? grin grin
And Rivers and Lagos cheesy, and Aso Rock.... grin

Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by Gamji007: 8:08am On Jan 06, 2014
manny4life: It's beginning to dawn on them that they have no foothold elsewhere but SW... I dey laff o.

Imo state? grin grin

APC doesn't have to win in the SE/SS states. All they need is 25% votes in at least 2 of the states. Shikenan!

Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by ginezz: 8:17am On Jan 06, 2014
Let's see how it all ends. That is the most important thing.
Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by manny4life(m): 8:21am On Jan 06, 2014
Gamji007:

APC doesn't have to win in the SE/SS states. All they need is 25% votes in at least 2 of the states. Shikenan!

Who dash monkey 25%? For where... Abegi.

Let me guess, PDP and other parties would need 0% abi?

If I were APC, I'll focus my energy on states with largest populated areas like Lagos. Lagos without doubt is gonna be MIXED vote.. Yorubas aren't the only ones in Lagos population, there are Igbos, Hausas, and what not. Going by what is being revealed on this forum, some Yorubas are gradually changing their mind about APC and their recent development - PDS (Pull Down Syndrome) and seeing how GEJ is reacting, some are having a change of thought.

Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 06, 2014
Mekanus: so long as he is in the race for 2015 presidency, he should not bother coming to Enugu State to campaign… We don’t need APC here, so he is sure of our support”,

sounds like the voice of a prophet, sure apc is dead on arrival in Enugu.

Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by experimentist: 8:57am On Jan 06, 2014
PDP is a disease to Nigeria cry

Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by VICTORCIZA(m): 9:11am On Jan 06, 2014
I hate. Apc with passion

Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by Obiagu1(m): 9:35am On Jan 06, 2014
Aggressive party with their vuvuzela politics.
Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 06, 2014
experimentist: PDP is a disease to Nigeria cry

it has become a disease now abi? now that a south-southerner with the name Ebele is in power? now that your extremist members can no longer win primaries and are decamping to other parties? cry me a river!! if you like merge cpc with vatican, we know who you are and you will never win in Enugu. did you hear what the Governor said "No need to campaign" PDP has won in Enugu already.

Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 06, 2014
Apc party vs Pdp party
Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by Gamji007: 9:50am On Jan 06, 2014
manny4life:

Who dash monkey 25%? For where... Abegi.

Let me guess, PDP and other parties would need 0% abi?

If I were APC, I'll focus my energy on states with largest populated areas like Lagos. Lagos without doubt is gonna be MIXED vote.. Yorubas aren't the only ones in Lagos population, there are Igbos, Hausas, and what not. Going by what is being revealed on this forum, some Yorubas are gradually changing their mind about APC and their recent development - PDS (Pull Down Syndrome) and seeing how GEJ is reacting, some are having a change of thought.

Delusion of grandeur syndrom!

Votes in Lagos is gonna be mixed, but not even. But I see PDP getting the 25%. But Lagos isn't Nigeria. The fictitious amoung of vote GEJ got in 2011 elections in the north as a result of powerful rigging machines have slipped away from the hands of PDP.
For instance, in a small state like Jigawa, GEJ got about 400,000 votes while Buhari recorded 600,000 votes. I don't see that repeating itself in 2011 because GEJ discarded all those that made it possible to achieve those results when he openly said all the votes he got from the north were from the Igbo community.

Well, let the Igbo communities give him those votes in 2015.

Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by Kassidy4luv(m): 9:53am On Jan 06, 2014
Goodluck Jonathan till 2019..................... APC cnt paste dia posters in Abia State.
Dia sole objective is to bring bk power to d north.
Ndi ara, Lekwa ha

Sycophant supporters!!!!
Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by eyenCalabar(m): 9:55am On Jan 06, 2014
There's no point hating a party and calling them names. If at all you should hate (which is not even necessary), it should be the corrupt people or politicians occupying different offices under an umbrella of any party and not the party itself. Let's take for instance now, Prof. Pat Utomi in Delta State who wants to run for Governorship under APC, would you still hate the party and not vote him? No! Because you know the nature of person the man is. So if APC can raise people like Prof. Pat Utomi in all states, won't you vote them? I will myself. You vote people and not party. By the way, you can choose to vote APC governor aspirant and not vote it's president and vice-versa. This is how I think.
Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by holyvirgin: 11:03am On Jan 06, 2014
VICTORCIZA: I hate. Apc with passion
grin.

Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by Techmogul: 11:26am On Jan 06, 2014
eyenCalabar: There's no point hating a party and calling them names. If at all you should hate (which is not even necessary), it should be the corrupt people or politicians occupying different offices under an umbrella of any party and not the party itself. Let's take for instance now, Prof. Pat Utomi in Delta State who wants to run for Governorship under APC, would you still hate the party and not vote him? No! Because you know the nature of person the man is. So if APC can raise people like Prof. Pat Utomi in all states, won't you vote them? I will myself. You vote people and not party. By the way, you can choose to vote APC governor aspirant and not vote it's president and vice-versa. This is how I think.

Very Intelligent! At the end of the day PDP/APC or APC/PDP We can't tell the difference these days with all their frog jumping from party to party politics, We may as well vote for resourceful, intelligent candidates with will of purpose and integrity.
Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by soma042(m): 11:54am On Jan 06, 2014
clun: APC I have one advice for you. Do not waste one kobo in Enugu State.

we dey madt
Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by Donmams(m): 11:59am On Jan 06, 2014

Imo state? grin grin
Don't worry. The APC has no business with Enugu. We don't need Enugu to win the presidential elections. The north and south west have already formed an alliance. The South East and South South have their own alliance. The votes of the northwest alone will swallow the votes of the entire SS and SE. And yes make no mistake about it, average voter turnout in the north was 50% and Buhari still got 12 million votes. Voter turnout in the SS/SE was 95% and GEJ got 14 million votes from SS/SE. In 2015, we in the north will make sure we record 100% voter turnout. If Buhari got 12 million votes despite the 50% voter turnout in 2011, imagine how many votes buhari will get if we match the SS/SE in terms of voter turnouts of 90-100%. See you in 2015.
Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
Mock JAMB General Question paper 2014:

No. X
What is the full meaning of the APC?
A. Aggressive Peoples Congress
B. Arewa Political Cancer
C. Amalgamation of Progre_thieves Camps
D. Aggrieved Party of the Criminals
E. All of the Above
Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by Psychedelia(m): 1:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
Donmams: The votes of the northwest alone will swallow the votes of the entire SS and SE. And yes make no mistake about it

Ah yes. You mean like these votes swallowed the South-East and South-South, and Buhari still ended up failing woefully in the Middle-Belt and the same South-West you were in an alliance with, failing to win a single state there? grin
Cuz I remember, at the last minute, all it took was a Jonathan-sponsored flight for Tinubu from Ikoyi to Aso Rock, and your comrade sold out real quick and had your hero crash and burn at the polls, blaming his failure on Microsoft Office or something like that.

What a hilarious amalgamation of deseradoes and turncoats with no set ideologies but a common degree of greed.

When Buhari was interviewed before the elections, he said he didn't need to campaign in the East, but just needed 25% of their votes. Now, consider the fact that he failed to record even up to 9 percent, as well as the tribal/religious violence that followed, and I stand bold to tell you, only a delusional illiterate would think he stands a chance of scoring 25% in the East this time or even winning in any state in the West.

Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by Kairoseki77: 1:06pm On Jan 06, 2014
dazey: Apc the muslim brotherhood party are not welcome in south east

No you don't. As soon as APC wins the election, your people will be flooding to APC and claiming the new President is an Igbo, like you always do.
Re: 2015: S/east APC Spits Fire Over Chime’s Endorsement Of Jonathan by eyenCalabar(m): 1:39pm On Jan 06, 2014
Techmogul:

Very Intelligent! At the end of the day PDP/APC or APC/PDP We can't tell the difference these days with all their frog jumping from party to party politics, We may as well vote for resourceful, intelligent candidates with will of purpose and integrity.

That's all!

2 Yrs Later: Okada Riders Return As Govt Relaxes Enforcement - / Re:keep Cash At Home We Are Coming to rob you: Robbers fulfilled their Promise / Seized ISIS Laptop In Syria Contains Plans For 'bubonic Plague' Weapons