Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (303071 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ApexTitan(m): 10:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
NashvilleTN:

My honest view about ish like this is that life itself is a risk. Marriage is a risk like everything else. The fact that there's been a lot of bad stories does not mean one should not do the right thing. If I get a promotion, I will tell my wife; I have never had any reason to doubt her love for me, but if she uses it against me in future; really it's her loss. Cos I will move on with life. I had a similar discussion with some friends recently and we were talking about pre-nups. I said I don't see any reason for it and would never do it.

If I cannot risk my money with a woman, why should I risk my life being married to her? This same woman is my next of kin even for insurance purposes so I don't think even a pre-nup is really worth it.

In an ideal situation the expected thing to do when one gets a promotion is to share the news with loved ones, share the happiness with one's spouse. That's the normal course of action but in this case it was different. Before we vilify the man in question here we also have to consider that perhaps there is an exigent condition that justifies his behaviour. Outsiders like us here are not in possession of all the factors that led him to make that decision so we'll just keep mum and carry on.

On the issue of prenups I think they are a prudent course to ply but given the already skewed state of marriage laws even they are not entirely foolproof. Skilled lawyers can still enable a vengeful wife extract what her presumed due is even from men of means.

I agree that life as a whole is a risk but does that mean that even the marriage institution should be reduced to the level of playing a game of Russian Roulette? I can well understand the reluctance in signing a prenup and I chuck it down to the fact that men are indeed the true romantics. Many of us keep expecting that women will love us the way we imagine. Many of us are in for a shocking surprise.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by 5minsmadness: 10:37am On Sep 20, 2015
NashvilleTN:

Lol,

That makes sense, cos I was genuinely surprised and even felt embarrased, that see wahala o. But he doesn't look like that kind of person. I just thought things like that should be shared freely between man and wife. But who knows what is really going on?

May be the next thing she'll ask for is vacation abroad. But for me,[size=18pt] I will rather refuse my wife her demands than not tell her at all. [/size] She cannot remove the money from my pocket na. Worst case, I will just explain that there are several other projects I am working on that we need the money to complete. But I think things like this should be celebrated not hidden.
Apologies Nashville. Are you married?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by NashvilleTN: 11:21am On Sep 20, 2015
raumdeuter:

You know in marriages, "Projects" have to be jointly agreed on and nothing like solo projects o.

It also depends on the person you marry. A wife who spends her whole wages on Louboutin is always broke and the husband is always bailing her out, The man would know not to disclose some financial details else na Neumann Marcus she go report that day

It depends a lot on the person you married. I absolutely agree. My wife has her own job is not necessarily a spendthrift but then most women will want to show off.

But it also depends on how you communicate and handle the issue. People always say communication is key - it's so cliche now, but how you communicate is even very key. You are the man of the house so you need to communicate clearly to her.

If your get a 10 million naira salary increase, I think as a human you should build at least a 3 million increase in living standards. Now, if your wife is building a 10 million naira living adjustment, it is time you step in and explain to her. It is your responsibility to communicate to her why you must not spend all the money and how you need to save for the future - school fees, your own house, etc. But as I said earlier, you need to show her the projects at the end of the day. The salary increase is not for the guy to have more girlfriends or drink more Hennessey! (and this happens sometimes). If she disagrees with you and your logic, it is not the end of the world. There would always be disagreements in marriage, it's nothing new, how you handle the disagreement is what matters. The fact that you want to avoid disagreement does not mean you should do the wrong thing. A couple can always agree to disagree on an issue and still live happily ever after. She can't take the money outta your pocket.

But what I feel is most important is trust. Love and trust go together. Once trust goes out of a marriage, then resentment begins to set it, because you stop believing the person. Besides, I think it is embarrasing to a couple for a husband to hear about his wife's promotion from outsiders and vice versa. I would rather tell my wife and even if we disagree on how the money should be spent, it's better than hiding the info. That trust must be upheld in my view.

5minsmadness:

Apologies Nashville. Are you married?

Almost ten years now!

6 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 12:59pm On Sep 20, 2015
Well said NashvilleTN. smiley
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2015
Don't prenups take care of these kinda things? Why should a man still have to support the woman after they're separated? Especially when she's employed too.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by tpiander: 2:12pm On Sep 20, 2015
edwife:

next topic, abi e remain for this one?

They should free you nah, it's unbecoming someone having "wife" in her moniker yet slobering over male ass all over the place.

If you no get shame, dem for get am on your behalf.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by NashvilleTN: 2:28pm On Sep 20, 2015
edwife:

Thanks ma'am

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2015
tpiander:

next topic, abi e remain for this one?

They should free you nah, it's unbecoming someone having "wife" in her moniker yet slobering over male ass all over the place.

If you no get shame, dem for get am on your behalf.

Tpia na you get shame? gringrin

Don't worry,i will continue praying for your case.It is well,trust me i read a lot about menopause.

7 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 7:37pm On Sep 26, 2015
Edwife

NashvilleTN

Timbuktou

How market?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 26, 2015
pickabeau1:
How market?
Relax, the season is still young grin. Just 7 games in, no shaking.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 7:50pm On Sep 26, 2015
Timbuktou:

Relax, the season is still young grin. Just 7 games in, no shaking.

Okay oo
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 7:54pm On Sep 26, 2015
pickabeau1:
Edwife

NashvilleTN

Timbuktou

How market?

how's gomis doing now by the way? grin cheesy
i told y'all.....united are back with a bang this season.
catch me if you can. wink
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 8:17pm On Sep 26, 2015
coogar:

how's gomis doing now by the way? grin cheesy
i told y'all.....united are back with a bang this season.
catch me if you can. wink

Hmmm

Strange to see United at the top
I see rooney jas kicked off his boots
This Martial fellow has revved up the team

Let's see
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Aminat508(f): 8:18pm On Sep 26, 2015
sad angry

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by NashvilleTN: 9:19am On Sep 27, 2015
Just seven games into the season and Chelsea are just eight points off the current leaders. Not worried at all.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by redgem(f): 9:58am On Sep 27, 2015
*Peeps in* this is day time so, I guess females are allowed
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 27, 2015
NashvilleTN:

It depends a lot on the person you married. I absolutely agree. My wife has her own job is not necessarily a spendthrift but then most women will want to show off.

But it also depends on how you communicate and handle the issue. People always say communication is key - it's so cliche now, but how you communicate is even very key. You are the man of the house so you need to communicate clearly to her.

If your get a 10 million naira salary increase, I think as a human you should build at least a 3 million increase in living standards. Now, if your wife is building a 10 million naira living adjustment, it is time you step in and explain to her. It is your responsibility to communicate to her why you must not spend all the money and how you need to save for the future - school fees, your own house, etc. But as I said earlier, you need to show her the projects at the end of the day. The salary increase is not for the guy to have more girlfriends or drink more Hennessey! (and this happens sometimes). If she disagrees with you and your logic, it is not the end of the world. There would always be disagreements in marriage, it's nothing new, how you handle the disagreement is what matters. The fact that you want to avoid disagreement does not mean you should do the wrong thing. A couple can always agree to disagree on an issue and still live happily ever after. She can't take the money outta your pocket.

But what I feel is most important is trust. Love and trust go together. Once trust goes out of a marriage, then resentment begins to set it, because you stop believing the person. Besides, I think it is embarrasing to a couple for a husband to hear about his wife's promotion from outsiders and vice versa. I would rather tell my wife and even if we disagree on how the money should be spent, it's better than hiding the info. That trust must be upheld in my view.

Almost ten years now!

Very well said!

I agree 100%. My parents always had a joint account and used to make EVERY decision on how the money was spent TOGETHER. We have never lacked anything in this home. However, my mother was a very economical and saving person. Therefore, trust is not only achieved by honest communication but also influenced by how reasonable and down-to-earth your spouse is. Trust must be developed and maintained by all parties involved. In this case, by the man's open communication and the woman's lack of greed and presence of economical thinking.

When we were still very young and in primary school, my father travelled abroad to work for almost a year. He was sending MOST of the money he made home. His uncle asked him if he wasn't worried that my mother will spend or even waste the money. My father wasn't. When he returned home all the money was still there. My mother spent NOTHING. She was feeding us from what she made by herself. After my father's return, my parents set up a very profitable business. The rest is history cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 12:03pm On Sep 27, 2015
pickabeau1:

Okay oo

Not scared dear,very soon all these teams at the top will get tired and move to their respective places as usual.We all know this is between the top 4 best and Chelsea is among.

While many of these teams will get comfortable,we on the other hand will be fighting harder and yesterday should tell you that we are not ready to lose or concede without fighting back.New castle thought they were done with us but we proved everybody wrong.

So pick,market still fine-slow but solid. wink
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmzH9MHKC7s

I loved this,thanks trucky! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Mutaino7(m): 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2015
edwife:

They won't like this.. thank God say nah here you post am or else your weavon for dey their mouth now

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Talon05: 6:56pm On Sep 27, 2015
edwife:

Edwife wink

Mourinho is chelsea's problem. He doesn't seem to be getting anything right at the moment. The only match he got it right was against Maccabi.

Feminism has never been about gender equality but female equality. I won't take feminists serious until I see a feminist campaign trying to reduce the sentencing gaps between genders for the same crime. Until I see them campaigning for the things the girl mentioned and some other things, they will remain noisemakers.

Feminists are just jokers anyways.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 7:18pm On Sep 27, 2015
Mutaino7:
They won't like this.. thank God say nah here you post am or else your weavon for dey their mouth now

weavon for mouth ke?

Lmao.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 8:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
Mutaino7:

I am used to them and i don't care. cheesy

Talon05:

Edwife wink
Mourinho is chelsea's problem. He doesn't seem to be getting anything right at the moment. The only match he got it right was against Maccabi.
Feminism has never been about gender equality but female equality. I won't take feminists serious until I see a feminist campaign trying to reduce the sentencing gaps between genders for the same crime. Until I see them campaigning for the things the girl mentioned and some other things, they will remain noisemakers.
Feminists are just jokers anyways.

Yeah look who we have here? cheesy

Been a while,trust you superb! Mou is just being naughty and mischievous as usual.My only beef with him is keeping Ivanovic sadangry,
We will get it in no time,he is realising it now.We need new defenders,the centre back and full back is shit.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by NashvilleTN: 8:45pm On Sep 27, 2015
edwife:

Been a while,trust you superb! Mou is just being naughty and mischievous as usual.My only beef with him is keeping Ivanovic sadangry,
We will get it in no time,he is realising it now.We need new defenders,the centre back and full back is shit.

100% agreed. The team needed some changes that didn't happen over the summer. But I am still confident we can win the EPL. Man Utd can't win, and City and Arsenal haven't been too impressive, so we are still in it.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 8:50pm On Sep 27, 2015
NashvilleTN:

100% agreed. The team needed some changes that didn't happen over the summer. But I am still confident we can win the EPL. Man Utd can't win, and City and Arsenal haven't been too impressive, so we are still in it.

Arsenal is not even in my worries...na today? cheesy

City and Man U are the only contenders here for me,and City is just there.Their result will be overturned in no time,they are getting tired.

Man U Depay and Martial still dey hungry them cheesy,time will tell.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 6:31am On Sep 28, 2015
edwife:

Not scared dear,very soon all these teams at the top will get tired and move to their respective places as usual.We all know this is between the top 4 best and Chelsea is among.

While many of these teams will get comfortable,we on the other hand will be fighting harder and yesterday should tell you that we are not ready to lose or concede without fighting back.New castle thought they were done with us but we proved everybody wrong.

So pick,market still fine-slow but solid. wink

I hear you..lol
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Talon05: 7:47am On Sep 28, 2015
edwife:

He's also been making shitty subs. Honestly, I can't believe Pedro completed the Newcastle game and as long as Ivanovic is in that defence, we will always be vulnerable at the back.

Someone needs to speak some senses into Mou's head.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 10:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
Mindfulness:

Very well said!

I agree 100%. My parents always had a joint account and used to make EVERY decision on how the money was spent TOGETHER. We have never lacked anything in this home. However, my mother was a very economical and saving person. Therefore, trust is not only achieved by honest communication but also influenced by how reasonable and down-to-earth your spouse is. Trust must be developed and maintained by all parties involved. In this case, by the man's open communication and the woman's lack of greed and presence of economical thinking.

When we were still very young and in primary school, my father travelled abroad to work for almost a year. He was sending MOST of the money he made home. His uncle asked him if he wasn't worried that my mother will spend or even waste the money. My father wasn't. When he returned home all the money was still there. My mother spent NOTHING. She was feeding us from what she made by herself. After my father's return, my parents set up a very profitable business. The rest is history cheesy

If you don't mind, can you shed more light on why she didn't touch the money even though they were both joint providers before he left? It's obviously not a case of "she didn't have any need to spend the money on".
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ApexTitan(m): 4:16pm On Oct 03, 2015
Sensitivity by Ralph Tresvant.

The anthem for Betas right there. smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhfhVSUCLY4
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by digitsolution: 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2015
BoboYekini:
Don't prenups take care of these kinda things? Why should a man still have to support the woman after they're separated? Especially when she's employed too.

Aptly stated!!!!

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 5:35pm On Oct 03, 2015
ApexTitan:
Sensitivity by Ralph Tresvant.

The anthem for Betas right there. smiley

ttp://youtu.be/xhfhVSUCLY4

Hahaha
I see it more as a pouncer's anthem

Its a nice r n b jam though
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 6:08pm On Oct 04, 2015
Edwife

NashvilleTN

Timbuktou

How market?

Must I write this after every match played by Chelsea

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.