Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (304235 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 11:23pm On Oct 17, 2016
naijababe:
Kimoni, ayam a sharp naija babe. My employer will.pay about £1k towards any training while the Scottish govt have set aside some funds for transitioners like me, will pay up to £4k towards training for a new skill

I will start the exams as soon as I leave, hopefully, I will have 2&3 wrapped up before YE 2016.

The fact that there is no end in sight is why I am jumping before I am pushed jare. Besides. the future of oil is quite dismal .....Ellon Musk is finally having his day.

grin grin grin grin omo Mushin no dey carry last

I get you now. I agree you should go for it. You kuku like book well well. I'll ask around and let you know.

No end in sight o sister, dats why I just dey laugh these my brothers bombing their land everyday spilling oyel everywhere just to hurt the nation. If you get job for SpaceX, abeg tell ya sister make me sef port o

Any money wey yours truly get now, na sinking fund for my children's education he dey go o. No exam fa.
For now, we continue to spend "our money" (raumdeuter wink grin)
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by nitrogen(m): 7:24am On Oct 18, 2016
Kimoni:

You wan thief am ni? grin

CFA - the most prestigious of them all

Level 1 - written twice a year
Level 2 - once a year
Level 3 - once a year

You become a CFA charter holder wink wink and start swimming in "ego"

But waa kawe mehhn

Hmmmmmm, swimming in money/ego? I have passed all levels and I still have not gotten my desired in Naija, maybe am doing it the wrong way sha. Epp me na. cheesy

PS. Sorry for barging in just like that, couldn't let it pass.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RiloKiley: 9:12am On Oct 18, 2016
tearoses:

I agree it looks very bad & I'm the first to say that she does have serious issues.
But as I said, once the first mistake was made, others were likely to follow
Some people learn and turn things around and some don't.
But when someone is already on the floor, further kicking wont get the person up.

Sure it would. Just aim for the underbelly. She'll scurry up to save her life.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by damiso(f): 9:48am On Oct 18, 2016
Kimoni:

grin grin grin grin grin the thing pass essay o, e reach Phd thesis. How person go go work, do bricklayer work finish, come dey type that kain thing? I hail Damiso walahi

lol...no day like that naijababe. In my Ijebu accent, "ee se mi"

You people are not serious grin grin grin grin grin

Me sef I no know how I take type am cheesy I finished and I thought shocked shocked shocked Moji made me break my resolve not to ever type epistles on NL again cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I just wanted her to know that swag and rep does not pay bills ni cheesy awa gan se iru e ri but that was a teenager she be adult now so has to face life's realities as quickly as possible.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 10:37am On Oct 18, 2016
RiloKiley:

Sure it would. Just aim for the underbelly. She'll scurry up to save her life.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 18, 2016
nitrogen:

Hmmmmmm, swimming in money/ego? I have passed all levels and I still have not gotten my desired in Naija, maybe am doing it the wrong way sha. Epp me na. cheesy

What pathway did you follow? There are different routes from what I have garnered so far, I am keen on financial planning but I just may swing the way of Wealth management. The exams look intimidating already cry . Did you obtain your chartership from CISI too?

http://www.cisi.org/cisiweb2/cisi-website/study-with-us/wealth-retail
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 1:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
tearoses:
I serve & follow one God, not nairaland gods, so I will continue to speak my mind on the things that dont sit comfortably with me, whether I am in the minority or preaching a sermon or not.
...can one do anything else. I appreciate it can be hard to go against the grain. Kudos.

tearoses:
Im answer to your other q. Ive been called so many names like Mummy P etc
But I noticed one thing. The more I protest the more they say it
So ive left them be jare angry
To my family members & my adopted sons and daughters and brothers and sisters I am Big sis
I like that one better grin
Omo Timbuktou jaku jaku yen lo man pe mi ni grandma tongue angry
Tim get liver pass for this forum

Timbuktou:
TV01, how does Mother-in-Zion sound for Grandma Tearoses?. I think it would fit perfectly.
grin grin grin
Actually, now you mention it, I'm sure she once bagged the honorarium "Iya l'ode".

But I think I'll follow her lead and go with Sis grin

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 1:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
naijababe:

What pathway did you follow? There are different routes from what I have garnered so far, I am keen on financial planning but I just may swing the way of Wealth management. The exams look intimidating already cry . Did you obtain your chartership from CISI too?

CFA charter status is now the preferred post-degree qualification for the Asset Management Industry. It's pretty much expected that Fund Managers, Investment Strategist, Client Directors/Relationship managers, and even the senior operational bods, will acquire it.

It's not an easy pass. It typically takes 3 years at best. Some schools have their students start or complete it as part of their courses nowadays. It must be easier. Lots of people take it juggling F/T jobs and families, which can stretch it out a bit and really task you.

Sometimes, if your face doesn't fit even with the CFA, notin' go drop. I stopped at the basic IMC which was need to be a manager. I never had the appetite for the CFA. It's why I explored Coaching and other avenues, which would also give me options outwith the industry.

All the best. Hope you hit the jackpot with the one you are taking.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 18, 2016
TV01:

CFA charter status is now the preferred post-degree qualification for the Asset Management Industry. It's pretty much expected that Fund Managers, Investment Strategist, Client Directors/Relationship managers, and even the senior operational bods, will acquire it.

It's not an easy pass. It typically takes 3 years at best. Some schools have their students start or complete it as part of their courses nowadays. It must be easier. Lots of people take it juggling F/T jobs and families, which can stretch it out a bit and really task you.

Sometimes, if your face doesn't fit even with the CFA, notin' go drop. I stopped at the basic IMC which was need to be a manager. I never had the appetite for the CFA. It's why I explored Coaching and other avenues, which would also give me options outwith the industry.

All the best. Hope you hit the jackpot with the one you are taking.

TV

Abeg o, I need some guidance here. Like I said my original preference was the planner route and frankly it seems like once I can get myself to pass the level 4 exams I will be ok using the CISI pathway. If I can get the CFA, so be it, if not I don't think I will be too upset. I think they scrapped the IMC and replaced it with something else since their merger with CISI. My only concern is that the CFA website below is still active

https://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/comparison/Pages/index.aspx
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2016
Epiphany! I just figured it out. IFP merged with CISI. CFA is completely different.

IFP - Institute of financial planners
CISI - Chartered Institute for Securities and Investments
CFA - Chartered Financial Analyst
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 2:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
naijababe:

Abeg o, I need some guidance here. Like I said my original preference was the planner route and frankly it seems like once I can get myself to pass the level 4 exams I will be ok using the CISI pathway. If I can get the CFA, so be it, if not I don't think I will be too upset. I think they scrapped the IMC and replaced it with something else since their merger with CISI. My only concern is that the CFA website below is still active

https://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/comparison/Pages/index.aspx
How far? I think we need a few distinctions. It depends on the area you are currently in, the one you would like to move to, and at what level.

Wealth Management is a sub-set of Asset Management, but targeted at High Net Worth (HNW) individuals. I get a sense that the difference in the qualifications is between advising HNW clients on financial products, and actually having expertise about the products.

At the top end I don't think the CISI will be considered equivalent to the CFA. Lower down where you are advising ordinary Joes like yours truly, it's more about being an IFA (independent Financial Advisor), which is about the basics really like Mortgages, Investments (as simple as ISAs), Pensions and the like.

I don't think you can segue from the CISI to the CFA either.

Is that clearer, helping?

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 18, 2016
TV01:

How far? I think we need a few distinctions. It depends on the area you are currently in, the one you would like to move to, and at what level.

Wealth Management is a sub-set of Asset Management, but targeted at High Net Worth (HNW) individuals. I get a sense that the difference in the qualifications is between advising HNW clients on financial products, and actually having expertise about the products.

At the top end I don't think the CISI will be considered equivalent to the CFA. Lower down where you are advising ordinary Joes like yours truly, it's more about being an IFA (independent Financial Advisor), which is about the basics really like Mortgages, Investments (as simple as ISAs), Pensions and the like.

I don't think you can segue from the CISI to the CFA either.

Is that clearer, helping?

TV

Yes I do. I just saw the difference. I am after the CISI certification which leads to advising average joes grin. I have no real interest in any job that will require long hours to get ahead. My kids are getting to that age where I have to be a proper 'amebo' in their lives.

From what I have gathered so far, I will still earn a decent wage with the certification I am after, I dont have 4 years to dedicate to some 'paper' now lipsrsealed
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by nitrogen(m): 8:39pm On Oct 18, 2016
naijababe:

Well, my current route is pure investment banking/corporate finance, and I wanta try and use CFA to cross to PE or even Hedge fund, but then we are just emerging so only few PEs and HFs are on ground. I really don't mind moving to Europe or Asia or even subsaharan countries like SA.

I guess you have figured out the difference between CISI and CFA, you are actually after financial planning or wealth management/advisory which makes sense, less work great pay and huge bonuses.

As madam wey you be, you can write CFA later so you can fully understand finance and become more exposed to various products that will benefit your clients (wealthy individuals, families and even foundations) both in terms of risk and return.

Takes time and dedication, but it's worth it.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by jaybee3(m): 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2016
nitrogen:

Well, my current route is pure investment banking/corporate finance, and I wanta try and use CFA to cross to PE or even Hedge fund, but then we are just emerging so only few PEs and HFs are on ground. I really don't mind moving to Europe or Asia or even subsaharan countries like SA.

I guess you have figured out the difference between CISI and CFA, you are actually after financial planning or wealth management/advisory which makes sense, less work great pay and huge bonuses.

As madam wey you be, you can write CFA later so you can fully understand finance and become more exposed to various products that will benefit your clients (wealthy individuals, families and even foundations) both in terms of risk and return.

Have you considered middle east bro?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 8:49pm On Oct 18, 2016
nitrogen:

cheesy cheesy
Epp you ke? Ok. Goan write CFN plus CFP join your CFA. Once you've passed all three, you will analyse, negotiate and plan better wink smiley

Congrats though.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 8:59pm On Oct 18, 2016
naijababe:

Yes I do. I just saw the difference. I am after the CISI certification which leads to advising average joes grin. I have no real interest in any job that will require long hours to get ahead. My kids are getting to that age where I have to be a proper 'amebo' in their lives.

From what I have gathered so far, I will still earn a decent wage with the certification I am after, I dont have 4 years to dedicate to some 'paper' now lipsrsealed

grin grin grin grin grin naijababe wan kill me oooo

No be you say you like book yesterday ni? Or you didn't understand all my engrish I have been spoken since

Join everything I read for my ICAN exams together ie PE1, PE2, PE3, inshort ehhn, add ATS level plus everything I read in the university from year 1 to 4, it's not not equivalent to Level 1 CFA.

Emi mi fe bo, Naijababe.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 18, 2016
Kimoni:

No be you say you like book yesterday ni? Or you didn't understand all my engrish I have been spoken since

Join everything I read for my ICAN exams together ie PE1, PE2, PE3, inshort ehhn, add ATS level plus everything I read in the university from year 1 to 4, it's not not equivalent to Level 1 CFA.

Emi mi fe bo, Naijababe.

Jesus is lawd! I am an old woman, the brain no too sharp like before now. I just wanna count some moolah, dont mind a bit of reading along the way but ko si aye fun kembriji kan kan o.

nitrogen:

Although I'll be new to finance in the corporate sense, I have learned quite a bit of finance from trading personally for myself. In all honesty, if I can raise £100k this year, I will just fashi all this hustling jobs ni, we'll see sha.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
Kimoni:

Emi mi fe bo, Naijababe.

CFA is one of the hardest exams to pass and has one of the lowest pass rates in the world

Added to the fact that you are doing it at the worst time, you have more family, work and life responsibility
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:15pm On Oct 18, 2016
naijababe:
Although I'll be new to finance in the corporate sense, I have learned quite a bit of finance from trading personally for myself. In all honesty, if I can raise £100k this year, I will just fashi all this hustling jobs ni, we'll see sha.

I know one man who can make this happen, He is also from Ijebu. People call him Baba ijebu
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Rapsowdee01(m): 11:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
Pls who can help me transfer mtn 50 naira.... i'll give u back tomorrow... i need it urgently...pls
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 18, 2016
raumdeuter:

I know one man who can make this happen, He is also from Ijebu. People call him Baba ijebu

If all I am required to bring is ori maalu ati iru esin, by all means pass me his number grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:21pm On Oct 18, 2016
naijababe:
If all I am required to bring is ori maalu ati iru esin, by all means pass me his number grin

Te money for the ori maalu and iru eshin is the main issue
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 18, 2016
raumdeuter:

Te money for the ori maalu and iru eshin is the main issue

£250K to get £100K abi ? grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Edipee(m): 6:33am On Oct 19, 2016
nitrogen:

Good morning Sir. Please can I send you a mail? I'd like to connect with you on LinkedIn if you're there.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by nitrogen(m): 6:52am On Oct 19, 2016
Kimoni:

cheesy cheesy
Epp you ke? Ok. Goan write CFN plus CFP join your CFA. Once you've passed all three, you will analyse, negotiate and plan better wink smiley

Congrats though.

Haaaa Boss, you wanta kill me nii, the ones I have are okay for now.

You are right about the fact that level 1 alone is crazy.

We hope for the best. smiley
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by nitrogen(m): 7:04am On Oct 19, 2016
jaybee3:

Have you considered middle east bro?

Well, not really, maybe I should try o, the only issue is that I won't be able to flex well in places like Saudi, Qatar and others. And me want to enjoy life o (COB enjoyment, women and wine shocked lipsrsealed cool). Only UAE makes sense.

Abeg, we go talk.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 19, 2016
Hmmmmmm see book everywhere grin grin
My sister is doing all these exams and has been doing them like forever
We started together with cemap back in the day before I ran away embarassed
she is the ambitious one
Mum calls her the "career girl shopholic" (mum cant pronounce shopaholic) grin grin

Naijababe it seems that you are just looking for egooooooo...ego as in dosh grin
It reminds me of one of my uncles I was chasing round for contracts
He said aburo, shebi its money you need
Leave contract & stress I will give you money & he did. God bless him.

If its money alone that is required, there are less stressful methods that doesn't include burning the midnight oil.
Shebi you are ijebu and ijebu love owmabe grin
fix yourself into something that relates to parties

I kid you not, event decorators are charging 6k for wedding decs. I said decs, not food, not cake o!
If you don't believe me ask Royal events for a quote
Something they have 2/3 events on the same day and you now know that people are getting married during the week too now.
and traditional engagements are now the in-thing.

How did I find out about all this?
Oga changed profession and he took a pay cut during training so we thought of what to do to augment our income and we just landed on chair covers (that's where the name came from) and we made more than we ever expected and were paying tax sef. I did the admin and he did the deliveries. All we hired out were chair covers and coloured bows. We later sold the business and gave some of the stuff away to another rising event decorator

Seriously if you dont feel like reading, look into other areas if the main goal is only to make money

We have events in church about 4 times a year where we have a lady that charges us £600 to look after 25 to 30 kids for 2 or 3 hours.
I see her at parties a lot too and she charges the same. Very young girl. early twenties.

I still sometimes make beads and cakes and small small pocket money dey enter my hand. I can make meat pie too and if I was really serious about it I can supply party cocktails/mocktails. Chapman is easy to make.

Every time I go to Naija I take a few days out to learn something new mostly just for myself
Make up and gele tying is next on my to do list
BTW its £50 for home service make up and gele for a 1,5 hour job
on a busy Saturday you can do 5
People are making money in various different ways.

Another option is to buy property and rent out, but you need balls of steel for that one.

Ona kan o wo oja smiley
May God direct our paths

Boys please no vex o
Your thread has become something else grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 19, 2016
Maybe this is the wrong place and the wrong topic but just want to encourage someone

I have a friend ( I love independent hardworking women)
She started off baking cakes.
We were her guinea pigs. Cakes spelt happy Birthda......No space for the Y on the cake because the piping distance was wrong grin

She made meatpies, sausage rolls, chin chin and scotch eggs and supplied local shops and churches etc
She then started catering
Then Moved into hiring out spoons and plates
Then moved into supplying servers and ushers
Then moved into fruit trees
Then moved into chocolate fountains
Then moved into cocktails and mocktails
Then moved into small chops
Then moved into decoration
Sne just got back from India from buying bride and groom chairs and backdrops

Single lady
She is the one who should be asking the man " what do you bring to the table"
I am really proud of her

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 19, 2016
TV01:

Actually, now you mention it, I'm sure she once bagged the honorarium "Iya l'ode".

But I think I'll follow her lead and go with Sis grin

TV

No wahala. The auntie dey try wella. I think she deserves whatever respect she gets. She dey always shame me with her calm manner of speaking.

When she says things I say calmly, I just shake my head and tell myself "Timu, you see yosef? Not every time fire, sometimes relax". grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 19, 2016
tearoses:
Hmmmmmm see book everywhere grin grin
My sister is doing all these exams and has been doing them like forever
We started together with cemap back in the day before I ran away embarassed
she is the ambitious one
Mum calls her the "career girl shopholic" (mum cant pronounce shopaholic) grin grin

Naijababe it seems that you are just looking for egooooooo...ego as in dosh grin
It reminds me of one of my uncles I was chasing round for contracts
He said aburo, shebi its money you need
Leave contract & stress I will give you money & he did. God bless him.

If its money alone that is required, there are less stressful methods that doesn't include burning the midnight oil.
Shebi you are ijebu and ijebu love owmabe grin
fix yourself into something that relates to parties

I kid you not, event decorators are charging 6k for wedding decs. I said decs, not food, not cake o!
If you don't believe me ask Royal events for a quote
Something they have 2/3 events on the same day and you now know that people are getting married during the week too now.
and traditional engagements are now the in-thing.

How did I find out about all this?
Oga changed profession and he took a pay cut during training so we thought of what to do to augment our income and we just landed on chair covers (that's where the name came from) and we made more than we ever expected and were paying tax sef. I did the admin and he did the deliveries. All we hired out were chair covers and coloured bows. We later sold the business and gave some of the stuff away to another rising event decorator

Seriously if you dont feel like reading, look into other areas if the main goal is only to make money

We have events in church about 4 times a year where we have a lady that charges us £600 to look after 25 to 30 kids for 2 or 3 hours.
I see her at parties a lot too and she charges the same. Very young girl. early twenties.

I still sometimes make beads and cakes and small small pocket money dey enter my hand. I can make meat pie too and if I was really serious about it I can supply party cocktails/mocktails. Chapman is easy to make.

Every time I go to Naija I take a few days out to learn something new mostly just for myself
Make up and gele tying is next on my to do list
BTW its £50 for home service make up and gele for a 1,5 hour job
on a busy Saturday you can do 5
People are making money in various different ways.

Another option is to buy property and rent out, but you need balls of steel for that one.

Ona kan o wo oja smiley
May God direct our paths

Boys please no vex o
Your thread has become something else grin

Chop knuckle o jare mummy in Israel grin and thanks, time to put my thinking cap on.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by jaybee3(m): 9:46am On Oct 19, 2016
tearoses:
Maybe this is the wrong place and the wrong topic but just want to encourage someone

I have a friend ( I love independent hardworking women)
She started off baking cakes.
We were her guinea pigs. Cakes spelt happy Birthda......No space for the Y on the cake because the piping distance was wrong grin

She made meatpies, sausage rolls, chin chin and scotch eggs and supplied local shops and churches etc
She then started catering
Then Moved into hiring out spoons and plates
Then moved into supplying servers and ushers
Then moved into fruit trees
Then moved into chocolate fountains
Then moved into cocktails and mocktails
Then moved into small chops
Then moved into decoration
Sne just got back from India from buying bride and groom chairs and backdrops

Single lady
She is the one who should be asking the man " what do you bring to the table"
I am really proud of her

I swearigad my mischievous self was going to type "That's what she is bringing to the table" before i read your last quote

Phew

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by jaybee3(m): 9:49am On Oct 19, 2016
nitrogen:

Well, not really, maybe I should try o, the only issue is that I won't be able to flex well in places like Saudi, Qatar and others. And me want to enjoy life o (COB enjoyment, women and wine shocked lipsrsealed cool). Only UAE makes sense.

Abeg, we go talk.

Perception is always different from reality bro and you ought to embrace flexibility at this key stage of your career

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.