Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (303698 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 4:34pm On Feb 04, 2015
5minsmadness:

Good evening one and all.

After days of meditating on this topic and the ensuing responses that came after it, I decided to get with the program and pick up my skipping ropes from where I had put them. I am proud to say that two days after picking up the skipping ropes I actually skipped 100counts this morning after which I promptly lapsed into a coma. Upon recovery I felt good about it and went on to complete another 400reps. I felt good. Really good. I hope to do another 500 before I go to sleep and then make it a daily affair, God willing. Thanks for the inspiration.

Great to hear 5mins. I am gladdened. Lets encourage each ther with progress updates and tips etc. It may be an idea to translate your effort into time and aim to increase the sessions. Thirty minutes with good technique is a solid workout - even if it's x2 15 minute sessions to start.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 2:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
5minsmadness:

Good evening one and all.

After days of meditating on this topic and the ensuing responses that came after it, I decided to get with the program and pick up my skipping ropes from where I had put them. I am proud to say that two days after picking up the skipping ropes I actually skipped 100counts this morning after which I promptly lapsed into a coma. Upon recovery I felt good about it and went on to complete another 400reps. I felt good. Really good. I hope to do another 500 before I go to sleep and then make it a daily affair, God willing. Thanks for the inspiration.

Boss...no be only you
I happened to come across something called the 100burpees for 100 days challenge yesterday and I now said let me fall in...my mistake.

After doing like 20 I was cursing whoever invented the darn exercise. Eventually completed the hundred (with several breaks in betweeen), after I was done, my trajectory was fridge (to get the coldest drink possible), shower and then bed, I kid you not!

My left hamstring was throbbing mennnn...Cant remember the last time I perspired that much. Nice feeling though, the journey to fitness isn't easy.

Morning after, my thighs feel like lead(expected), I now had to park at one end of the office complex and walk 1km to the other...that burpee fella cannot be a child of God o grin cheesy

I'm thinking of starting the first 10 and last 10 of the 100 burpees as man makers until I can do a lot more. Will replace lifting with inclined pressups (I want to be able to do a handstand.
I'm also going to do a 30days plank challenge to improve my core strength (them abs must come by fire by force). When I was in uni I used to jogo(capoeira) and my cartwheels where lousy, I just realised it was because I've always lacked core strength cry.

will see if I have enough juice left to skip after the two (burpees and planking) today.

@TV and the other's
speaking from a naija perspective, what are those things that shouldn't be in our diets since they say changing your diet is an important part of getting fit.

P.S.
All those sexy ladies making exercise videos on youtube ehn...God is watching them...smh
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 3:18pm On Feb 05, 2015
netotse:

Boss...no be only you
I happened to come across something called the 100burpees for 100 days challenge yesterday and I now said let me fall in...my mistake.

After doing like 20 I was cursing whoever invented the darn exercise. Eventually completed the hundred (with several breaks in betweeen), after I was done, my trajectory was fridge (to get the coldest drink possible), shower and then bed, I kid you not!

My left hamstring was throbbing mennnn...Cant remember the last time I perspired that much. Nice feeling though, the journey to fitness isn't easy.

Morning after, my thighs feel like lead(expected), I now had to park at one end of the office complex and walk 1km to the other...that burpee fella cannot be a child of God o grin cheesy

I'm thinking of starting the first 10 and last 10 of the 100 burpees as man makers until I can do a lot more. Will replace lifting with inclined pressups (I want to be able to do a handstand.
I'm also going to do a 30days plank challenge to improve my core strength (them abs must come by fire by force). When I was in uni I used to jogo(capoeira) and my cartwheels where lousy, I just realised it was because I've always lacked core strength cry.

will see if I have enough juice left to skip after the two (burpees and planking) today.
100 burpees non-stop shocked!

Actually, good to prove a point or as part of a wider session - even with breaks or at a slow pace, 100 burpees can't take more than 5 - 10 minutes depending.

But it is an impressive feat either way. I don't think I coul do 100 non-stop. Rarely do more than 20-25 at a stretch. I'd probably be looking at 5 or 6 sets with breaks.

Also worth noting that it won't work the whole body - and certainly not equally - per my first point. But burpees - or variants - remain a great exercise and part of any regime - more on this in a later post.

netotse:

@TV and the other's
speaking from a naija perspective, what are those things that shouldn't be in our diets since they say changing your diet is an important part of getting fit.
Will post seperately on this - I'm very big on diet.

netotse:

P.S.
All those sexy ladies making exercise videos on youtube ehn...God is watching them...smh
I've come across Cross-fit lady videos occassionally and though..."hmmm impressive"...I have no problem with a sculpted look on women grin.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 3:26pm On Feb 05, 2015
TV01:

Actually, good to prove a point or as part of a wider session - even with breaks or at a slow pace, 100 burpees can't take more than 5 - 10 minutes depending.

But it is an impressive feat either way. I don't think I coul do 100 non-stop. Rarely do more than 20-25 at a stretch. I'd probably be looking at 5 or 6 sets with breaks.

Also worth noting that it won't work the whole body - and certainly not equally - per my first point. But burpees - or variants - remain a great exercise and part of any regime - more on this in a later post.

I've strayed ont Cross-fit lady videos occassionally and though..."hmmm impressive"...I have no problem with a sculpted look on women grin.

TV
10 mins ke? 40mins was more like it o, even that is optimistic, will time it today. You're right about the variants thing though. It will prolly start to get boring at some point. I'm now wondering why I chose 100 days instead of 30...The Lord is my strength sha.

How far with the video on the skipping technique and all? dropbox, youtube etc would suffice if NL can't take the video.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 3:40pm On Feb 05, 2015
netotse:

@TV and the other's
Diet is a very wide ranging issue, and it really depends on how deep one wants to go - and achieve. You can look at all kinds of types - personality, body, blood etc. - and diets vegan, paleo etc. - but as ever, I found it best to start small and progressively make changes whilst figuring out what works for you.

Firstly, I don't use any protein supplements, creatine, or stuff like that. Not to say there is no benefit, I just have a cost (low) and convenience mantra. Plus I'm pretty happy with my current state.

Things like steroids or really hardcore stuff are do not even get a mention. I have recently started taking liquid iron at the behest of my wife and will use fish oil and a multivitamin when I remember.

If I buy a packet of biscuits I find really moreish, I'll scoff the lot (personality type). My brother will have one every other day or so and they'll last a month. I'm getting better, but long since adopted a spartan approach cheesy. All the bad stuff out - then I relax on occassions - like on holiday or at christmas, and indulge sometimes.

My standard diet is porridge/correct brown bread/or sometimes cereal for breakfast. I try for a wholesome lunch and for dinner, but work can lay waste to the best intentions - brown bagging? I have salad and fish or chicken 4 - 7 times a week (makes things easier for wifey). I snack on fruits and nuts all day.

We literally do not buy red meat - although if we are entertaining wifey may lay on a goat-meat stew or the occassional lamb joint. If we eat out, I always give serious considertaion to the steak/red meat options. I will eat proper bred/organic pork, but tend not to so as not to cause offense.

The salad makes a diffence - a huge one. And I always feel one kind if I go without for to long. I tend to make a huge container at the weekend and prepare the fish or chicken on the day. It's haddock tonight, chicken yesterday and I had red bream earlier in the week. I'll have salmon on Friday and I have mackeral on standby.

Abstemiousness is a plus. For a long time I more or less skipped brekkie and would only have fruit before midday. There are many a day when I only have 2 meals. I know the prevailing thought on brekkie and the king-prince-pauper paradigm, but I had my reasons - making weight as a boxer etc. - and this is not advice, just sharing. Controlling our appetites, bodies is a good thing.

TV

**the salad is lettuce, including growing salad and cress, fresh mint & basil leaves, then tomatoes, red onion, cucumber & peppers. I store avocados and usually slice one in. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, linseeds, sunflower seeds and raisins &/or cranberries. Dress with olive oil and red or white wine vinegar, sometimes lemon. tiny amounts of sea salt and coarse ground black pepper to season**

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
netotse:

10 mins ke? 40mins was more like it o, even that is optimistic, will time it today. You're right about the variants thing though. It will prolly start to get boring at some point. I'm now wondering why I chose 100 days instead of 30...The Lord is my strength sha.

How far with the video on the skipping technique and all? dropbox, youtube etc would suffice if NL can't take the video.
Another thinh about varying it, is the ability to do more.

So for example, do 10 burpees, followed by 10 press-ups, then 10 star jumps, then 10 single leg squat thrusts etc. This means you are using a different body part and varying the pace; you can therefore keep going and keep your pace high. You can also mix the cardio with weights. Overall better in terms of how much and how many parts you work. View things like "Insanity" for tips.

I planned to post my Tuesday workout. But didn't want to do so, until I actually did it. To follow.

TV

**I think NL allows bigger files now, so I'll try and post my skipping one in full at some point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX-NdILjBWY**

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 4:35pm On Feb 05, 2015
TV01:

I've come across Cross-fit lady videos occassionally and though..."hmmm impressive"...I have no problem with a sculpted look on women grin.
TV

i can't skip for shyte.....
after the 12th swing, the rope gets tangled with my legs. my attention is always all over the place.

i just do my normal aerobics and bench-press 200lbs up when i am up to it.....after 1-2 hrs, i am already missing my decor. it's time to go home.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 06, 2015
My routine is alternating the exercises below for different days, sundays off.
barbell squats,
Seated military press or weighted pushups,
Shrugs or pullups.

3 major compound movements using slow cadence reps. 4 seconds concentric/up, 4 seconds eccentric/down or so. 5 sets to failure( usually at about 12-15 reps per set). Rest between sets 1-2min.
At the end it takes me 30minutes average per session. The only time I do isometrics is the odd wristcurl now and then.
The only equipment I use is two - four flywheels and a bar( same bar I fix in the doorway for pullups).
I never do aerobics, I find that squats get me racing quite fast as well.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 11:27am On Feb 06, 2015
BoboYekini:
barbell squats,
Shrugs or pullups.

3 major compound movements using slow cadence reps. 4 seconds concentric/up, 4 seconds eccentric/down or so. 5 sets to failure( usually at about 12-15 reps per set). Rest between sets 1-2min.
At the end it takes me 30minutes average per session. The only time I do isometrics is the odd wristcurl now and then.
The only equipment I use is two - four flywheels and a bar( same bar I fix in the doorway for pullups).

Holá, do you find this works for you? As in gives you the body - and health fitness - you want (or the girls want - if that's a motivator grin)

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 11:38am On Feb 06, 2015
coogar:

i can't skip for shyte.....
after the 12th swing, the rope gets tangled with my legs. my attention is always all over the place.

i just do my normal aerobics and bench-press 200lbs up when i am up to it.....after 1-2 hrs, i am already missing my decor. it's time to go home.
It's whatever works for you and gives you the gains (helps you reach the targets) you set for yourself.

I couldn't imagine working out for more than an hour. I don't even do back to back sessions/classes anymore. One single high intensity session at a time.

It's good to hear you are on it - in whatever way.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 06, 2015
TV01:

Holá, do you find this works for you? As in gives you the body - and health fitness - you want (or the girls want - if that's a motivator grin)

TV
It does. For all of the above lol. Actually, it took me a while to settle on this routine. Trust me, its golden cheesy I was looking for maximum benefits with shortest time per session. And not hurting myself too badly in the process. Its kinda loosely based on Project Kratos by Drew Baye.
All those sets are to failure, mind. I've not trained for about 3months now so I'm off course but will get back on.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 12:53pm On Feb 06, 2015
BoboYekini:
barbell squats,
Shrugs or pullups.

BoboYekini:
It does. For all of the above lol. Actually, it took me a while to settle on this routine. Trust me, its golden cheesy I was looking for maximum benefits with shortest time per session. And not hurting myself too badly in the process. Its kinda loosely based on Project Kratos by Drew Baye.
All those sets are to failure, mind. I've not trained for about 3months now so I'm off course but will get back on.
I do barbell squats in my body pump class - We do squats for about 4 mins - so huge reps - I'm good for about 40 - 50% bodyweight
Don't do the military press, but we do incorporate the bench press and variations - again high reps
We also do a lot of press ups - Interspersed with the weights
Have been ruminating for a while now on how to incorporate pull-ups into to my routine. I've even watched "Barmaster videos" - fear cash me grin!

I know Project Kratos is high intensity - do you get that from your variation? Does the "to failure" ensure this, and with just 3 exercises? And why have you stopped for 3 months?

And please, which one is flywheel? I only know it as a variation on spin - which I'm doing tonight incidentally grin!

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 06, 2015
TV01:

I do barbell squats in my body pump class - We do squats for about 4 mins - so huge reps - I'm good for about 40 - 50% bodyweight
Don't do the military press, but we do incorporate the bench press and variations - again high reps
We also do a lot of press ups - Interspersed with the weights
Have been ruminating for a while now on how to incorporate pull-ups into to my routine. I've even watched "Barmaster videos" - fear cash me grin!

I know Project Kratos is high intensity - do you get that from your variation? Does the "to failure" ensure this, and with just 3 exercises? And why have you stopped for 3 months?

And please, which one is flywheel? I only know it as a variation on spin - which I'm doing tonight incidentally grin!

TV

cheesy bros, flywheel wey I dey talk na engine plate wey I dey fix for the barbell as weight o. Nor mind my nonsense grammar.
Yes, I get intensity, basically because I do the reps per set to failure( depending on your goal, but low to medium reps of 10-15 work for bulk and definition. I adjust the weights to achieve failure within this rep range) and also keep the rest time between sets to 1min. And, that slow controlled lifting and lowering is critical for me.
Especially the lowering phase.
The 3 exercises because they are compound target the whole body. Squats, pullups and presses are the standard compound movements. I don't need to isolate my biceps, triceps, e.t.c. They still get plenty of work from the compound movements.
P.S. I stopped for 3months because I was working in an inconvenient location.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 06, 2015
TV doesnt your salad go "funny" after a day or two?
Maybe my fridge is too cold
I need to make salad as I go and so need to be in ASDA every few days and that gan gan is the issue.
There is always rice in the cupboard but not always decent eatable lettuce
Whats the trick pls?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 8:07pm On Feb 06, 2015
chaircover:
I need to make salad as I go and so need to be in ASDA every few days and that gan gan is the issue.
Whats the trick pls?

wrapping the salad in a towel should do the magic. your fridge should be rated tropical to keep salad fresh. most of the fridges here are rubbish in doing that kinda job.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 06, 2015
coogar:

wrapping the salad in a towel should do the magic. your fridge should be rated tropical to keep salad fresh. most of the fridges here are rubbish in doing that kinda job.

Like in a tea towel?
I never thought of that
Thanks
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 8:41pm On Feb 06, 2015
chaircover post=3049Y1948:

Like in a tea towel?
I never thought of that
Thanks

bathroom towel.
towels have a high capillarity to mop up any moisture oozing out of the salad.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 12:16am On Feb 07, 2015
BoboYekini:
cheesy bros, flywheel wey I dey talk na engine plate wey I dey fix for the barbell as weight o. Nor mind my nonsense grammar.
Yes, I get intensity, basically because I do the reps per set to failure( depending on your goal, but low to medium reps of 10-15 work for bulk and definition. I adjust the weights to achieve failure within this rep range) and also keep the rest time between sets to 1min. And, that slow controlled lifting and lowering is critical for me.
Especially the lowering phase.
The 3 exercises because they are compound target the whole body. Squats, pullups and presses are the standard compound movements. I don't need to isolate my biceps, triceps, e.t.c. They still get plenty of work from the compound movements.
P.S. I stopped for 3months because I was working in an inconvenient location.

Capeesh re flywheel grin

To be honest your take has given me a new perspective. I've always considered most weight based programs to be about bulk/size and not all round fitness - neither have I really seen evidence of how it helps stamina.

The guys I typically see at the gym always seem to be checking their phones and yakking between sets - never sewating angry! My workouts give no leave for that. And too be honest, I feel like I have much better musculature and proportion, I'm just not huge - and I don't want to be

As for the location, is it so bad that you can't do bodyweight exercises or avail yourself of a few dumbbells or kettlebells? All the best sha, and I'm sure having been there, you'll want to get back.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 12:29am On Feb 07, 2015
chaircover:
Nope - even before I perfected it, it was good for 5 or 6 days before it got whiffy.

I used to incorporate steamed broccoli, but it goes off quite quickly. Eliminated beetroot and beansprouts after experimenting. Make sure the peppers, onions, tomatoes and cucumber are all firm - they usually are except for the tomatoes anyway - one quickly expiring component will "off" the whole thing.

chaircover:

I use an airtight container to store - see 3rd pic - and keep it refrigerated. Swap your Beko for Bosch biko cheesy!

Lets say for some reason it's a short week. I'll prepare for 4 days - no matter how bad it has to last for 4 days, maybe try that? It's not a must I have it everyday. I'm typically satisfied with about 4 times a week min. But usually have it 5-6.

chaircover:

Whats the trick pls?
Do you just make the sald up when you need it? Lettuce tends to have a short expiry date. I use a lot of growing salad, growing cress and potted herbs (Basil). I also use mint leaves.

Any help?

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 12:40am On Feb 07, 2015
netotse:

I plan to start doing renegade man makers, they are modified [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burpee_%28exercise%29]burpees[/url], I would recommend them. Try doing ten in a row and you would understand why...lol.

Watched the video, sort of a combo burpee. Really good complex move.

Tuesday workout (which was on Wednesday, but moved as I had runz with wifey for a while, now back to Wednesdays - done 2 days ago)

Mixed Kettlebell and circuit routine

2 Kettlebells 12kg & 16Kg. Ten kettlebell exercises. Single handed and 10 each side, or 20 if double handed. Use 16 kg for 1 & 6, as follows;

1 Kettlebell swing (good for warming up)
2 High pulls
3 Snatch
4 Clean to rack
5 Halo/Round the world
6 Reverse Lunges
7 Figure 8
8 Rows
9 Squat press
10 Double hand overhead raise

The rub is between each kettle bell exercise, perform 10 press ups, after the first 10 KB exercises, do another set of 10 with 10 burpees in between, after the second set, a third set with 10 tuck jumps interspersed – 55 mins

So in total, thats, 100 burpees, 100 press ups and 100 tuck jumps, as well as the 300 moves with the bells. It's just me myself and I, so I'm looking to improve timewise. It's a tough workout with just two sets of 10 let alone 3 - I'm typically knackered and slow by the 3rd set.

Alternatives KB exercises are;
Side lunge
Press
Lunge press
Deadlift
Goblet squat
Russian Twist
Turkish get up – more advanced
Nigerian grab - no one has ever successfully completed this cheesy

Some of the kettlebell exercises can be replicated with dumbells - I started at x3 sets of 7 and worked my way up - find your level/experiment.

I also do an intense spin class on Fridays and a body pump class - both instructor led - on Sundays. The body pump is modified - a combination of high reps with weights and circuit type exercises like burpees, press ups etc. - a bit like my Wednesday session. I also have alternative sessions like skipping, shadow boxing, aqua aerobics, Insanity etc, and I'm planning to get back into my running.

Just back from spin, it's intense, always leave like a litre of sweat on the floor! Salmon and salad with a small tub of vanilla yoghurt.

Beddy byes - will sleep like a log!

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 07, 2015
TV01:

Capeesh re flywheel grin

To be honest your take has given me a new perspective. I've always considered most weight based programs to be about bulk/size and not all round fitness - neither have I really seen evidence of how it helps stamina.

The guys I typically see at the gym always seem to be checking their phones and yakking between sets - never sewating angry! My workouts give no leave for that. And too be honest, I feel like I have much better musculature and proportion, I'm just not huge - and I don't want to be

As for the location, is it so bad that you can't do bodyweight exercises or avail yourself of a few dumbbells or kettlebells? All the best sha, and I'm sure having been there, you'll want to get back.

TV
Thanks boss. This is a fine thread. I hope money/finance issues are discussed soon.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 07, 2015
TV01:

Nope - even before I perfected it, it was good for 5 or 6 days before it got whiffy.

I used to incorporate steamed broccoli, but it goes off quite quickly. Eliminated beetroot and beansprouts after experimenting. Make sure the peppers, onions, tomatoes and cucumber are all firm - they usually are except for the tomatoes anyway - one quickly expiring component will "off" the whole thing.

I use an airtight container to store - see 3rd pic - and keep it refrigerated. Swap your Beko for Bosch biko cheesy!

Lets say for some reason it's a short week. I'll prepare for 4 days - no matter how bad it has to last for 4 days, maybe try that? It's not a must I have it everyday. I'm typically satisfied with about 4 times a week min. But usually have it 5-6.

Do you just make the sald up when you need it? Lettuce tends to have a short expiry date. I use a lot of growing salad, growing cress and potted herbs (Basil). I also use mint leaves.

Any help?

TV

Leave my Beko Fridge ooooooo grin
You want to get me into trouble
When oga wanted us to get a fridge from another manufacturer, I insisted on doing ijebu
I dare not go back to him now to complain about "weepy and soggy" salads

Okay back to the salads
Pls list the veg and herbs that you use.
Do you cut your tomatoes or do you use cherry tomatoes
I find that tomatoes can be very naughty when they are cut . . .even in sandwiches.

What do you do with your mackrel? Grilling?
I am assuming that you buy it fresh and prepare it yourself
Or do you buy the already prepped ones from the shops.

Have you considered opening a separate thread for this?
Cos us girls can benefit too and some of us dont like barging into your room embarassed
oh and thanks for the answers to my previous questions grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 2:22pm On Feb 09, 2015
BoboYekini:
Thanks boss. This is a fine thread. I hope money/finance issues are discussed soon.
No probs dude.

Just air the issue/topic and dem boyz go tackle am grin! Truth is, many guys here are after a financial edge and are very keen to explore/discuss.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 2:42pm On Feb 09, 2015
chaircover:

When oga wanted us to get a fridge from another manufacturer, I insisted on doing ijebu
grin
Use growing salad and bagged or fresh as fresh as possible. If rinsing fresh cut, use salt water. Airtight container in fridge. Decant only what you need about 2/3 hours before use.

chaircover:

Okay back to the salads
Pls list the veg and herbs that you use.
Do you cut your tomatoes or do you use cherry tomatoes
I find that tomatoes can be very naughty when they are cut . . .even in sandwiches.
Please check the first post with pictures of salad - ingredients in bold at the bottom

I prefer vine-ripened normal tomatoes, or even steak tomatoes - wifey prefers cherry - we used to make two separate containers as she doesn't like red onion either angry.

Slice off the top, cut down through the middle, lie on the flat side and then slice across. Then through the middle if they are really big. Always use firm tomatoes.

chaircover:

What do you do with your mackrel? Grilling?
I am assuming that you buy it fresh and prepare it yourself
Or do you buy the already prepped ones from the shops.
I get wet fish and the ready prepared ones (packaged). But the fishmonger always guts them for me. But only the best either way. Salmon, Tuna (never tinned|), trout, haddock and red bream all feature prominently. Wife makes soup with the bream. Wet ones are typically flash fries and then grilled. But not mackerel or sea bass as they are very oily fish - just grill no oil.

chaircover:

Have you considered opening a separate thread for this?
Cos us girls can benefit too and some of us dont like barging into your room embarassed
oh and thanks for the answers to my previous questions grin
No need, the men here all care about their diets and many turn their hands to cooking - Men make the best chefs cool! And women are most welcome. Feminisation is not.

Marco Pierre White cheesy

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 7:22pm On Feb 09, 2015
chaircover:

stop your ijebu & ditch the beko fridge.
a recent study in the north of alaska confirmed ebola virus can harbour inside beko fridges for up to a week. grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 09, 2015
TV01:

grin
Use growing salad and bagged or fresh as fresh as possible. If rinsing fresh cut, use salt water. Airtight container in fridge. Decant only what you need about 2/3 hours before use.

Please check the first post with pictures of salad - ingredients in bold at the bottom

I prefer vine-ripened normal tomatoes, or even steak tomatoes - wifey prefers cherry - we used to make two separate containers as she doesn't like red onion either angry.

Slice off the top, cut down through the middle, lie on the flat side and then slice across. Then through the middle if they are really big. Always use firm tomatoes.

I get wet fish and the ready prepared ones (packaged). But the fishmonger always guts them for me. But only the best either way. Salmon, Tuna (never tinned|), trout, haddock and red bream all feature prominently. Wife makes soup with the bream. Wet ones are typically flash fries and then grilled. But not mackerel or sea bass as they are very oily fish - just grill no oil.

No need, the men here all care about their diets and many turn their hands to cooking - Men make the best chefs cool! And women are most welcome. Feminisation is not.

Marco Pierre White cheesy

Lets go there grin grin grin
Lots of good info
Thanks
Pls What are the greens in the picture beside the basil? . . . . also whats in the poly bag? Is it courgettes?

I didnt quite get how you cut your tomatoes, but I like cherry toms anyway, so I can use that for the time being

Do you do anything with the smoked salmon?or use as is. Some people say that you dont really need to cook salmon . .I am not a fan of raw fish
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 09, 2015
coogar:

stop your ijebu & ditch the beko fridge.
a recent study in the north of alaska confirmed ebola virus can harbour inside beko fridges for up to a week. grin

grin grin grin grin
I will use my Beko hoover to vaccum all the ebola viruses up
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 7:40pm On Feb 09, 2015
chaircover:

grin grin grin grin
I will use my Beko hoover to vaccum all the ebola viruses up

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 09, 2015
coogar:

Yes naw
I'snt all tea Lipton grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 7:49pm On Feb 09, 2015
chaircover:

Yes naw
I'snt all tea Lipton grin

i grudgingly agree with you there.

all tinned miilk are peak
all cubed sugars are st. louis
all cubed seasonings are maggi.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 09, 2015
coogar:

i grudgingly agree with you there.

all tinned miilk are peak
all cubed sugars are st. louis
all cubed seasonings are maggi.

grin grin grin
All softdrinks are coke
All SUV's are jeeps
All painkillers are panadol
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 9:25pm On Feb 09, 2015
chaircover:

Lets go there grin grin grin
Lots of good info
Thanks
No problemo.

chaircover:
Pls What are the greens in the picture beside the basil? . . . . also whats in the poly bag? Is it courgettes?
Cress in the small containers
Fresh mint leaves in the bag - my bad, even I can't tell looking at it - caught mint craze on holidays a while back. Had them as part of the salad selection.

chaircover:
I didnt quite get how you cut your tomatoes, but I like cherry toms anyway, so I can use that for the time being
No biggie - firmness is key. I slice them in half from top to bottom. Then slice length-ways with the flat side face down. Then half them if the slices are really big.

chaircover:
Do you do anything with the smoked salmon?or use as is. Some people say that you dont really need to cook salmon . .I am not a fan of raw fish
Sushi grin!
If it's just because I like it warm, I oven cook/grill it for about 8 mins - about 12 -15 if you like it crispy - like wifey - instead of slightly undercooked like I do.

TV

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.