Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (304265 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by danbrowndmf(m): 12:49pm On May 30, 2015
coogar:

brothers in arms!

he advises them to steer clear because majority of single mothers are bitter & they mostly have nothing but horrible advice for young women. their previous experience with men often beclouds their reasoning.

that was what i thought too until i found this section & i saw how single motherhood is glorified. the latent message they pass is a woman is better off without a husband & if she needs a child, she can adopt or find a spërm dönor somewhere to put her in the family way.

embracing her situation is a different thing altogether to glorifying it. simply put....single motherhood is like a driver with a busted tyre and using his spare tyre. yes, the spare tyre would serve its purpose but then it shouldn't be the ideal situation.

i also repeat, you haven't seen some comments on this section where women confidently said men are of no use at all.....as far as they are concerned, a woman on her own can raise her kids better than most happily married couples.

before you say a word, they had already mentioned ben carson or barack obama.......completely forgetting for every ben carson, there are hundreds of thousands of such kids languishing in american prisons or in a morgue!
i thought i was the only one seen pple writting "Single Mother" for life,they keep glorifying it as if ts a trophy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 9:00pm On May 30, 2015
danbrowndmf:
i thought i was the only one seen pple writting "Single Mother" for life,they keep glorifying it as if ts a trophy

what do you expect? cheesy
haven't you realised deportees are the first set of people to say "there's no place like home.". once they fail, they have to somehow convince themselves they are happy & the failure isn't a big deal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by danbrowndmf(m): 9:07pm On May 30, 2015
coogar:

haven't you realised deportees are the first set of people to say "there's no place like home.". once they fail, they have to somehow convince themselves they are happy & the failure isn't a big deal.
lols...baba which dy u go drop freestyle for FFr na,drop something make u inspire boys to write na.cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 9:10pm On May 30, 2015
danbrowndmf:
lols...baba which dy u go drop freestyle for FFr na,drop something make u inspire boys to write na.cheesy

no inspiration!
no vex........
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 9:15pm On May 30, 2015
Kimoni,

how far? Couldn't respond earlier - normally don't visit weekends. I'll try and summarise;

of the 3 topics I can only touch on NHS;
1. Inefficiencies, possibly due to size - crazy amounts paid to locums and for outsourced services
2. Bloated middle and senior management, who as well as being costly exacerbate innefficency
3. Settlements for malpractice, negligence and ridiculous payoffs
4. Politicisation - by all parties
5. Recession & cuts.
6. Health tourism - not sure, like benefit fraud - which is only 1% of the welfare bill - I feel it's probably minor and unlike benefit fraud, feel it could be easily dealt with.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 9:37pm On May 30, 2015
Kimoni,

to sum-up on some other points;

I am all for equality, just not blind to the facts; to wit;

1. Outcomes for actions - even if jointly taken - are not always the same - even if responsibility is.
2. There are real differences - at every level - between the sexes, and we flourish when we understand, appreciate and work to harmonise the complimentarity of our differences.
3. If a critical mass within society eschew traditional norms (particularly around marriage and morality), the consequences will be very damaging.

Single Mothers;
Society has traditionally stigmatised single mothers for obvious reasons;
1. It hinders a womans chance of learning and marrying.
2. It typically means a poorer outcome for any children
3. Not least because 60% of single parent homes are in poverty.

Stigma and shame serve useful purposes in society. Now, I am here as an advocate of marriage. I want all to marry - and marry well - including single mothers. Funnily enough, marriage is a prosperity builder - I can personally testify to that.

No gainsaying, apart form the societal cost, single-motherhood does not increase any womans eligibility. I advise women to avoid it and the things that could lead to it.

I advise men to avoid divorcees and single mothers for good reason. Divorcees is mostly scriptural, a woman is bound to her husband until he dies. Widows fine - but not black ones grin! Single mums due to the obvious disadvantages and typical make-up of men.

Now I could hail single mothers, tell them they are precious, they are great, they will marry just as if they had no offspring and even that they are "hot-cakes" and spread the gospel of single-motherhood. One thing for sure, It would greatly increase the pool of cheap hits for promiscuous men - only it wouldn't increase the number and quality of marriages + it's not true.

I mentioned feminism, as unbeknown to even it's ignorant adherents, it has percolated to colour pretty much all engagements between men and women. It's why most arguments - including yours - are predicated on "equality", and in such a way as to ignore, instead of appreciate difference.

Hope your paper goes well. I expect credit 0 grin!

TV

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 9:40pm On May 30, 2015
coogaluta:
My brother, Pa TV01, how are things? cheesy
How are my lil angels doing? smiley

as per the topics on ground, as usual, I have no comments tongue
Pick-a-boo-boo, I hail thee! cool

See diss Bro'-Pa' grin - Aluta, welcome back.
Children are great cheesy! Been busy spamming this place with pics - we are so happy.

Do I address you as Dr, MD or Consultant? Pending the time it becomes Dr Revd Mrs grin!

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogaluta(f): 12:56am On May 31, 2015
TV01:

See diss Bro'-Pa' grin - Aluta, welcome back.
Children are great cheesy! Been busy spamming this place with pics - we are so happy.

Do I address you as Dr, MD or Consultant? Pending the time it becomes Dr Revd Mrs grin!

TV

Address me as aluta-always! cool
Revd kwa cheesy Badt girl like me lipsrsealed embarassed
I'm glad you and the kids are happy...may the joy in your family never cease....
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogaluta(f): 12:58am On May 31, 2015
Apolonius angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 2:14am On May 31, 2015
TV01:
Kimoni,

to sum-up on some other points;

I am all for equality, just not blind to the facts; to wit;

1. Outcomes for actions - even if jointly taken - are not always the same - even if responsibility is.
2. There are real differences - at every level - between the sexes, and we flourish when we understand, appreciate and work to harmonise the complimentarity of our differences.
3. If a critical mass within society eschew traditional norms (particularly around marriage and morality), the consequences will be very damaging.

Single Mothers;
Society has traditionally stigmatised single mothers for obvious reasons;
1. It hinders a womans chance of learning and marrying.
2. It typically means a poorer outcome for any children
3. Not least because 60% of single parent homes are in poverty.

Stigma and shame serve useful purposes in society. Now, I am here as an advocate of marriage. I want all to marry - and marry well - including single mothers. Funnily enough, marriage is a prosperity builder - I can personally testify to that.

No gainsaying, apart form the societal cost, single-motherhood does not increase any womans eligibility. I advise women to avoid it and the things that could lead to it.

I advise men to avoid divorcees and single mothers for good reason. Divorcees is mostly scriptural, a woman is bound to her husband until he dies. Widows fine - but not black ones grin! Single mums due to the obvious disadvantages and typical make-up of men.

Now I could hail single mothers, tell them they are precious, they are great, they will marry just as if they had no offspring and even that they are "hot-cakes" and spread the gospel of single-motherhood. One thing for sure, It would greatly increase the pool of cheap hits for promiscuous men - only it wouldn't increase the number and quality of marriages + it's not true.

I mentioned feminism, as unbeknown to even it's ignorant adherents, it has percolated to colour pretty much all engagements between men and women. It's why most arguments - including yours - are predicated on "equality", and in such a way as to ignore, instead of appreciate difference.

Hope your paper goes well. I expect credit 0 grin!

TV

I am happy you owned up to the stigmatization, you did exactly what I was thought you would - defend ur stand as against denial, so I quite appreciate you for that.

I jumped to the highest heaven when I read your opening statement - TV is all for equality without denying the differences. ..yayyyyyyy The promise land is not far away after all. Henceforth, you only need to back this statement up in subsequent post.

On single motherhood, you need to realize that majority did not set out to be single mothers. Infact, the more experienced you are in the game, the less likely you'll become a single mother. I read recently Wizkid babymama saying she became a single mother at 19, her very first sexual experience, she didn't even realize she was pregnant until after 5 months. Now compare her to a 25 year old lady who has carried out 10 abortions, and she got pregnant each time her contraceptives fail. Which would you go for if you were to choose?

Some things in life are not really what they seem like.

I still don't agree that single motherhood makes you desperate or decrease your eligibility, I honestly don't see any difference between them and any spinster out there. It's your character that matters at the end of the day. I have seen guys running after single moms like kilode.
Single motherhood does not decrease, neither does it increase your eligibility. It will only affect a woman when she has been brainwashed by people like TV tongue or she allows herself to wallow in self pity. Your future is in your hands!

I honestly don't know if I preach equality, feminist kind of equality I mean, maybe co-incidentally. I don't practise equality in my home and I see no reason to. If I can eat my cake and have it, why shouldn't I? My husband is the head of the home and we both have our respective roles and responsibilities. This is a pre-requisite for any gathering of humans, innit? But headship comes with lots and lots of responsibilities which I am never shy of pushing to him. Why shall I shy undecided

~ I don't pay any type of bills
~ I don't pay school fees, the kids don't bear my fathers name, right?
~ I don't even know how much the house rent is and I don't care to know
~ when my car breaks down anywhere, anytime, all I do is call him, tell him my location, pick a cab home, the rest is history
~ when taking a walk together, he walks on the outer side of the road
~ when robbers come (we've had two experiences of this), his headship comes into full play. I go to my children's room, lock the door and we all start praying for daddy from there. At that point, his responsibilities will be to ensure all doors are well locked, all lights off, and necessary calls etc
~ when we go out together, I don't pay. Why the heck should I pay when the head is there??
~ Peradventure he tells me he is broke, I open the Bible and read my favourite part to him - "a man who cannot provide for his home is worse than an infidel". Trust me, this verse works like magic.

Why should I give up all these benefits and so much more? naaaaaa. I'll continue calling him the head and he'll continue providing all these. No modernization in my family. He likes the title and I like the benefits. Like you rightly said, we appreciate our differences.

In every other facet of life, should I say I have been lucky not to have encountered gender discrimination? Maybe yes or maybe I just won't allow it.

What I see more is women naturally taking the backseat when there is really no need to. Could be due to long years of brainwashing and cultural impediments.

I grew up believing that what a man can do, a woman can do better. That quote used to be very popular back in the days and it was my favourite quote growing up. So on a personal level, I have never believed or made to believe I am in anyway inferior to a man. I don't have that mentality and maybe this is where some of my beliefs will align with feminist's(not the extremist like free the nipples o). And this is why I mostly have no issues when their education bothers on women empowerment. And if they wish to extend it to their respective homes, lucky husbands they got. I pass on that level. What I really don't get is why you guys are vehemently against it? I would think they are doing you a favor wanting to share some of your responsibilities. But like I said earlier, I don't know too much about feminism as to understand a lot of intricate issues.

On my research papers, hehhehehehe if NL will permit, a distinction won't be a bad idea.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 2:14am On May 31, 2015
coogaluta:
Apolonius angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Pele.....grin grin grin

No more tales by moonlight.

cry cry cry
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogaluta(f): 2:23am On May 31, 2015
Kimoni:

~ Peradventure he tells me he is broke, I open the Bible and read my favourite part to him - "a man who cannot provide for his home is worse than an infidel". Trust me, this verse works like magic.

I think I might like this woman cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

RoyalRoy:

Pele.....grin grin grin
No more tales by moonlight.
cry cry cry

*in my British accent with my baby face and voice*
IT'S NOT FAIR!!! embarassed
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 2:26am On May 31, 2015
TV01:
Kimoni,

how far? Couldn't respond earlier - normally don't visit weekends. I'll try and summarise;

of the 3 topics I can only touch on NHS;
1. Inefficiencies, possibly due to size - crazy amounts paid to locums and for outsourced services
2. Bloated middle and senior management, who as well as being costly exacerbate innefficency
3. Settlements for malpractice, negligence and ridiculous payoffs
4. Politicisation - by all parties
5. Recession & cuts.
6. Health tourism - not sure, like benefit fraud - which is only 1% of the welfare bill - I feel it's probably minor and unlike benefit fraud, feel it could be easily dealt with.

TV

No issues. Weekends should be strictly family time really.

Thnx for the points. I dwelt more on nos 4 and some others.

When NHS was being funded from the treasury, there were little or no financial issues but once they started PFIs (private participation) noticed that's when the squeeze started. Margareth Thatcher really do una something for UK. But if she didn't, how will financial intermediaries like moi see something to chop grin grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 2:26am On May 31, 2015
coogaluta:

*in my British accent with my baby face and voice*
IT'S NOT FAIR!!! embarassed

**In my Abule-Egba accent **

I know dear.... tongue
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 2:28am On May 31, 2015
is Kimoni an insomniac or just on a different time zone?

We may be compatible along some lines
*winks

embarassed

#team3310
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 2:31am On May 31, 2015
RoyalRoy:
is Kimoni an insomniac or just on a different time zone?

We may be compatible along some lines
*winks

embarassed

#team3310

grin grin grin grin

I am more productive(dont limit ur imaginations) at night and useless in the mornings.

Are you ready to be the "head"? wink wink grin grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 2:34am On May 31, 2015
coogaluta:

I think I might like this woman cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Not kidding o

Egocentric men are the best ever, their button is not hard to find at all
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 2:40am On May 31, 2015
Kimoni:

grin grin grin grin

I am more productive(dont limit ur imaginations) at night and useless in the mornings.

Are you ready to be the "head"? wink wink grin grin

shocked shocked shocked Flyer alert shocked shocked

Lollz

Well, I like to consider myself as the next man to discover the greatest thing after sliced bread.

3hrs sleep a day is all I need to get my batteries charged for the next day!!!
Insomnia and too much Pisces instincts keeps the brain sharp and alert for the next big opportunity in life.

Location and time zone may change but the sleeping habit remains the same!!

I am ready to be the head.... As long as the neck is in tandem with me!!

Glory Glory Manchester United!!
kiss kiss
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogaluta(f): 2:42am On May 31, 2015
Kimoni:

Not kidding o

Thanks for the tip. wink cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 4:07am On May 31, 2015
Kimoni:

Not kidding o

Very very true but only few female know this. It is why the bible says a good woman builds her house.

Men are the easiest gender to deal with, you only need to know what buttons to press and massage his ego to your advantage and you have him in the bag.

Competition and rivalry don't win any battle with him.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 7:13am On May 31, 2015
Kimoni

No one is against it

I ask again

What are the objectives
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 9:12am On May 31, 2015
bellong:

Very very true but only few female know this. It is why the bible says a good woman builds her house.

Men are the easiest gender to deal with, you only need to know what buttons to press and massage his ego to your advantage and you have him in the bag.

How did you know this grrrrrrrrrr angry grin
I always say to wives "Look for and find the key to his heart and open it"
Diiferent hearts have diferent keys. Find the one that opens your own husbands heart.
Once the heart is open, everything else becomes so much easier.

NHS - in addition to what has been said they lack business management skills and transformation. They are years behind

They dont have shareholders or need to make profit and they dont have competitors. They also wont go bust and the govt will keep on pumping money in for the forseeable future, hence their easy does it "attitude" to things.

Ive worked in both the NHS and the private sector
It was very different & it was a great culture shock to me.
Every job I had within the NHS was easy and didnt tax me. 2 teabreaks and one long lunch break away from my desk every day and worked not a second over my 35 hours.
The day I started in private sector I was handed a laptop, had a login waiting for me and I got to work straight away.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 31, 2015
Kimoni the school gal cheesy cheesy
How r u dear?

Tearoses,come o, headache wan kill me.
I don tire for this thing o cry
It's well sha.

Bellong, u got it right.
Some of us r busy trying to compete while the rest r looking for that soft spot.
Chei!
If u get a man's soft spot,u have landed a jackpot and believe u me,u guys behave like kids when in this situation.

As for me,i prayed for it and searched well o until I hit d jackpot.
And I will continue to look for more.
Call me spoilt gal,na u sabi tongue
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 31, 2015
coogar:

So u of all people use nairaland as a yardstick?
Common!
I knew quite a lot of them and they don't find it easy at all. Societal cum family stigmatization and vulnerability. Name them.

I have. One that just lost her job now.
Had to lobby for a friend to take her as a temporary assistant(an offer he had already given to somebody else)
I guess she needs it more cos of her baby.

It's u guys. Instead of u to wear protection,u will deceive the gal for skin to skin. After,u will dump her.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 31, 2015
moca:
Kimoni the school gal cheesy cheesy
How r u dear?

Tearoses,come o, headache wan kill me.
I don tire for this thing o cry
It's well sha.

Bellong, u got it right.
Some of us r busy trying to compete while the rest r looking for that soft spot.
Chei!
If u get a man's soft spot,u have landed a jackpot and believe u me,u guys behave like kids when in this situation.

As for me,i prayed for it and searched well o until I hit d jackpot.
And I will continue to look for more.
Call me spoilt gal,na u sabi tongue

Sorry sis kiss
Pls try cool compress on your forehead and drink plenty water
Sometimes its due to dehydration
Pele
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 1:50pm On May 31, 2015
moca:

So u of all people use nairaland as a yardstick?
Common!
I knew quite a lot of them and they don't find it easy at all. Societal cum family stigmatization and vulnerability. Name them.

I have. One that just lost her job now.
Had to lobby for a friend to take her as a temporary assistant(an offer he had already given to somebody else)
I guess she needs it more cos of her baby.

It's u guys. Instead of u to wear protection,u will deceive the gal for skin to skin. After,u will dump her.

so there are no morning after pills anymore? have they banned postinor in africa? grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 3:10pm On May 31, 2015
who has seen the new mad max

just got the three original films to get the whole idea

can you believe how young mel gibson was
im halfway thru the first film

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by apolonius(m): 3:12pm On May 31, 2015
coogaluta:

Sweetheart,how are you?A session is assured tonight.

Royalroy,tales by moonlight between me and my darling never ends!smiley

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 31, 2015
bellong:

Do men really know this? Here I am thinking they don't, I hope Mr naijababe does not know that I press his buttons lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 31, 2015
coogar:

so there are no morning after pills anymore? have they banned postinor in africa? grin
Coogar stop recommending those drugs to ur galfriend jor!
They have side effects.
Either zip up or use raincoat lipsrsealed
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 31, 2015
tearoses:

Sorry sis kiss
Pls try cool compress on your forehead and drink plenty water
Sometimes its due to dehydration
Pele
Ok o kiss
Thanks kiss
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 4:00pm On May 31, 2015
coogaluta:

Address me as aluta-always! cool
Revd kwa cheesy Badt girl like me lipsrsealed embarassed
I'm glad you and the kids are happy...may the joy in your family never cease....
Aluta it is.
Bad girl turned good cool!
I've been spamming the section with pictures - if you'd returned a few days earlier...

TV

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.