Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (302997 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 10:21pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

God is partial.
He never hid his bias towards the isrealites. as for gender superiority, it was all settled in eden. it says your husband(man) shall rule over you.

God is not partial!!!

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.(emphasis on anyone)

Let's even say I agree with physical gender superiority, we are still going to be judged by the same set of rules ultimately.

But unfortunately, girls are not waiting for judgement these days, the bug has bitten them and they are beating men in their own game

I'll find it hard to blame such women if men still have that mentality that "it's okay just because I am a man"
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 10:30pm On May 28, 2015
bellong:

grin grin grin grin angry

@Kimoni,

My error, insert unfortunately and occassionally.

The society can punish men for every negative things they do but the physiological make up of the female put them to more psychological risk and pains.

The key is for the female to be wise in their dealings. Hence they get to bear the brunt of many things.

That what you and I used to think but the reality staring us in the face proves otherwise

We have now learnt how to chop and clean mouth (without any psychological effect whatsoever) just like our "heads" taught us

Rehrased:They key is for all (men and women) to be wise in our dealings so we all don't bear the brunt of many things
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 10:41pm On May 28, 2015
Kimoni:

God is not partial!!!

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.(emphasis on anyone)

Let's even say I agree with physical gender superiority, we are still going to be judged by the same set of rules ultimately.

But unfortunately, girls are not waiting for judgement these days, the bug has bitten them and they are beating men in their own game

I'll find it hard to blame such women if men still have that mentality that "it's okay just because I am a man"

nah!
we are going to be judged by our conscience. what governs you is completely different from what governs me. if you do something evil & your conscience questions your action, you shall be judged......and that's the way it is!

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 10:53pm On May 28, 2015
Coogar

Why argue....free the girls

They want to be sluts and be praised for it

We accept

Case closed...

Come back in 15 years when you are alone and a twisted misandrist.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 10:58pm On May 28, 2015
Kimoni:

That what you and I used to think but the reality staring us in the face proves otherwise

We have now learnt how to chop and clean mouth (without any psychological effect whatsoever) just like our "heads" taught us

Rehrased:They key is for all (men and women) to be wise in our dealings so we all don't bear the brunt of many things

The many sorry tales and stories that touch the heart betray this assertion. Microscopic few may seem to get away with it but most don't. The getting away with it is even temporary because the truth may be revealed years later.

Yes, I agree that both gender should deal wisely. However, the point of discussion is kicking against people advising others on what is not right and the advice they themselves don't follow.

5 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 11:22pm On May 28, 2015
bellong:

The many sorry tales and stories that touch the heart betray this assertion. Microscopic few may seem to get away with it but most don't. The getting away with it is even temporary because the truth may be revealed years later.

Yes, I agree that both gender should deal wisely. However, the point of discussion is kicking against people advising others on what is not right and the advice they themselves don't follow.

Sure, but maybe you also need to why women are beginning to advise themselves this way

Then we'll need to go back to the double standards between men and women

It's an ill wind that is blowing nobody no good

Why should a man think he will get away with some things and I won't

Personally, it irks me to the bone when I hear such comments from men

On the short run he might but on the long run, sorry he won't

I will also disagree with that word microscopic few, it's microscopic lots grin

Whatever we read here is a reflection of the larger society

Check out the divorce rate these days...
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 11:28pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

nah!
we are going to be judged by our conscience. what governs you is completely different from what governs me. if you do something evil & your conscience questions your action, you shall be judged......and that's the way it is!

And I perfectly agree with you

Unfortunately, Mr Conscience seems very scarce these days

He used to reside more with women in my mother's days but he's completely lost in my generation cry cry
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 11:33pm On May 28, 2015
Kimoni:

And I perfectly agree with you

Unfortunately, Mr Conscience seems very scarce these days

He used to reside more with women in my mother's days but he's completely lost in my generation cry cry

everybody has a conscience....
even if they don't show it in public, they go back home & cry their eyes out in the night for their evil deeds.....

all these women slütting around have their reasons for doing it even if some of the reasons don't make perfect sense to us.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 11:54pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

everybody has a conscience....
even if they don't show it in public, they go back home & cry their eyes out in the night for their evil deeds.....

all these women slütting around have their reasons for doing it even if some of the reasons don't make perfect sense to us.

True, everybody was born with a conscience but again, Mr Conscience is dead in many hearts

Coogar, whether you admit it or not, values are fast eroding from our society

I don't even know who cheats more these days between men and women, unrepentantly that is

And I maintain that the change to correct this has to come from men

And the first thing is to acknowledge that whatever is good for the goose must be good for the gander

The same set of rules must apply

Men cannot keep deluding themselves that they can get away with anything and everything and expect women to remain sober
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 12:07am On May 29, 2015
Kimoni:

True, everybody was born with a conscience but again, Mr Conscience is dead in many hearts

I don't even know who cheats more these days between men and women, unrepentantly that is

And the first thing is to acknowledge that whatever is good for the goose must be good for the gander

Men cannot keep deluding themselves that they can get away with anything and everything and expect women to remain sober

men still have to take all the responsibility & as usual, women are the saints in this matter? grin

men aren't deluding themselves - we know women cheat more from time immemorial. what is shocking is the way women act all saintly & righteous in the public eye & then do something completely opposite in the dark.

at least, men don't always claim they are saints.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 12:59am On May 29, 2015
coogar:

men still have to take all the responsibility & as usual, women are the saints in this matter? grin

men aren't deluding themselves - we know women cheat more from time immemorial. what is shocking is the way women act all saintly & righteous in the public eye & then do something completely opposite in the dark.

at least, men don't always claim they are saints.

grin grin grin

We are not saints, we are just following our master's footsteps

Where you lead, we'll follow tongue

And overtake if you don't make a u-turn cool
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 1:11am On May 29, 2015
Kimoni:

grin grin grin

We are not saints, we are just following our master's footsteps

Where you lead, we'll follow tongue

And overtake if you don't make a u-turn cool

well......
the end shall justify the means. i am happy i am in safe hands.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 1:21am On May 29, 2015
coogar:

well......
the end shall justify the means. i am happy i am in safe hands.

**yimu**

Just like Oshiomole is in the safe hands of a VIRGIN

Sister Mercy of the Lord right?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 10:09am On May 29, 2015
njokusboy:
@tv01, I actually wanted to see your response to that thread on that thread...

I had to sheathe my sword sef, I was both irritated and shocked...
I thought about it, but decided not to - at least for now. Timbuktou is contributing and ApexTitan is doing a grand job. I've always found the rantings of our resident "glorified runs girls" - sounds like a national honour grin - rather tragic.

Be it an attempt to validate their own whorish pasts, an outworkingof their wicked and capricious naturess or mindless and ignorant trolling, it will wound people who can't seperate the truth from the poisonous lacing (Timbuktou has noted that before).

I despair at the younger ones who have turned partisan and can't see beyond the whole missaplied notion of "equality". That's feminism at it's most damaging for you. Even if it's to be pivoted around equality, the push should be to set the standard high, and push for equal adherence.

I find the twisting of scriptures in order to support this even more telling.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:18am On May 29, 2015
TV01:

I thought about it, but decided not to - at least for now. Timbuktou is contributing and ApexTitan is doing a grand job. I've always found the rantings of our resident "glorified runs girls" - sounds like a national honour grin - rather tragic.

Be it an attempt to validate their own whorish pasts, an outworkingof their wicked and capricious naturess or mindless and ignorant trolling, it will wound people who can't seperate the truth from the poisonous lacing (Timbuktou has noted that before).

I despair at the younger ones who have turned partisan and can't see beyond the whole missaplied notion of "equality". That's feminism at it's most damaging for you. Evenif it's to be pivoted around equality, the push should be to set the standard high, and push for equal adherence.

TV

I tell you
I only pity the gullible women that frequent this ssection.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:21am On May 29, 2015
TV01:

I despair at the younger ones who have turned partisan and can't see beyond the whole missaplied notion of "equality". That's feminism at it's most damaging for you. Evenif it's to be pivoted around equality, the push should be to set the standard high, and push for equal adherence.

TV

Can't say I'm surprised at the idea of it, and I wouldn't say it's brazen, they do have the anonymity of the internet. However, this and many other comments on here go to confirm that marriage is dead/dying. Divorces are the in thing now, or at least separation.

And I find it duplicitous and ridiculous that there's a thread for intending wives and another for Treachery101 by the same character. My mind is asking, "why bother get married when you can have all the diick you want single?" It's not like she's advocating for a till-death-do-us-part kinda marriage. So what is the point? The wedding?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 10:36am On May 29, 2015
Kimoni:

Patriarchy already had a solution for this;

Women where to be chaste and appropriately married at the right time. Men who violated - as in honour not rape - would be held accountable and forced to man up or face serious sanctions. Women who acted without honour would be shamed or stigmatised.

Feminism sees this as "men controlling womens sexuality" - no, it was society' restrictions to ensure least harm to both sexes and optimal societal flourishing.

Why, one may ask, should women bear the greater burden? Because the cost of breaches weighed more heavily on them;
- Women get left holding the baby, blighting their economic or learning opportunities
- Are 7 times more likely to catch rather than give an STD
- Suffer the affects of abortion (and there are long-term pathologies for even 1)
- As well as the stigma of single motherhood
- And all round reduced marital opportunity

Casual sex does not portend as many issues for men, neither does it affect them as deeply in an emotion or psychological sense. It's why, the higher a womans number of partners, the lower her potential marital satisfasction.

And least of all with women - a potential spouses notch count is rarely an issue for women, their focus is typically a mans status and ability to provide. In fact the ability to attract quality women - and even sire children - is actually attractive to women shocked

The notch count is higher by way of criteria for men - they are more concerned about marital quality and the paternity of any children presented to them for provision. And of course their status, which is compromised by a stigmatised (lower value) mate.

The optimal solution - as I've touched on - is high expectations on both sides, not a denial of biological and cultural reality or the chanting of "equality", as the fact remains, ultimately the fallout will always be more for women.

As for trying to queer the pitch by making it about gory details of individual relationships, that's how they operate - deceitfully. No man wants to know the detail, just the number, even generally; more than 6 but less than 12, not into double figures etc.

And both parties should present salient facts - I dated your cousin, abortions, murders, cultism, hereditary illnesses etc. - at an appropriate point (to a potential spouse).

A marriage founded on fraud - be it by lies or non-disclosure - will never enjoy the bliss, freedom, joy, expectastion and fulfillment of one that is founded on truth, and transparency.

There's nothing like a woman that rests assured her man knows and loves her regardless. All I'm hearing is the rantings of those who in the innermost recesses are deeply dissatisfied or have woefully low expectations, and are trying to reassure themselves it's like that for everyone. How sad. Some chose burger, others are being force fed it undecided!

TV

4 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 10:54am On May 29, 2015
Timbuktou:

Can't say I'm surprised at the idea of it, and I wouldn't say it's brazen, they do have the anonymity of the internet. However, this and many other comments on here go to confirm that marriage is dead/dying. Divorces are the in thing now, or at least separation.

And I find it duplicitous and ridiculous that there's a thread for intending wives and another for Treachery101 by the same character. My mind is asking, "why bother get married when you can have all the diick you want single?" It's not like she's advocating for a till-death-do-us-part kinda marriage. So what is the point? The wedding?

I wonder also

In one breath you speak of tips for long lasting marriage in another you encourage sluttery

Multiple Moniker Personality...
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 10:55am On May 29, 2015
Timbuktou:
Can't say I'm surprised at the idea of it, and I wouldn't say it's brazen, they do have the anonymity of the internet.
But in truth, it's like strong drink; it serves to reveal their innermost thoughts and desires.

Timbuktou:
However, this and many other comments on here go to confirm that marriage is dead/dying. Divorces are the in thing now, or at least separation.
Marriage is in a parlous state - and with this SSM absurdity, I'm even more saddened - but doubly resolute. I believe marriage is worth championing in it's essence. But aspirationally, not these tick-box, burger munching marriages as espoused by our GRG. What else do we have?

Timbuktou:
And I find it duplicitous and ridiculous that there's a thread for intending wives and another for Treachery101 by the same character.
No, both threads have ulterior motives from the OP's perspective and both contain enough poison to harm the unwary.

Timbuktou:
My mind is asking, "why bother get married when you can have all the diick you want single?" It's not like she's advocating for a till-death-do-us-part kinda marriage. So what is the point? The wedding?
Women will always need men for procreation and provisioning, at the very least. They also enjoy status announcements or upgrades and a wedding delivers on that.

Pickabeau1 - re Sweden, just Youtube "Swedish feminism". They are now legislating for men to pee sitting down angry. They've taken it so far men are now mere appendages). As ever Swedish women stil prefer "bad boys" grin! - our broda with some of the Swedish womens handball team.

Next time I'm in Stockholm, I'll be sure to piss all over any toilet I use - and do it standing up grin!

TV

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 11:00am On May 29, 2015
TV01:

But in truth, it's like strong drink; it serves to reveal their innermost thoughts and desires.
Marriage is in a parlous state - and with this SSM absurdity, I'm even more saddened - but doubly resolute. I believe marriage is worth championing in it's essence. But aspirationally, not these tick-box, burger munching marriages as espoused by our GRG. What else do we have?

No, both threads have ulterior motives from the OP's perspective and both contain enough poison to harm the unwary.

I wonder what anyone expects when a self professed ethnicist and religious bigot opens a thread espousing marital harmony...
She preaches submission in one face and disrespect in another then couches it with "I respect my husband..fallacy" grin grin grin

Women will always need men for procreation and provisioning, at the very least. They also enjoy status announcements or upgrades and a wedding delivers on that.

Pickabeau1 - re Sweden, just Youtube "Swedish feminism". They are now legislating for men to pee sitting down angry. They've taken it so far men are now mere appendages). As ever Swedish women stil prefer "bad boys" grin! - our broda with some of the Swedish womens handball team.

Next time I'm in Stockholm, I'll be sure to piss all over any toilet I use - and do it standing up grin!

TV

Will do..
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 11:07am On May 29, 2015
I read the quote below on the other thread - can one even fathom the thinking behind this kind of statement? Pray tell, what does a man with self-esteem look for? A woman dripping male fluid from her last encounter? grin

Actually a man with no self esteem will be looking for a virgin to marry

Da.y.um, things are really bad - and are looking increasingly bleak.

TV

3 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:14am On May 29, 2015
TV01:

Indeed.

TV: No, both threads have ulterior motives from the OP's perspective and both contain enough poison to harm the unwary.
A means to live vicariously? Soothe a throbbing conscience? Attempt at rationalisation? This recent thread makes these options look the more likely.

TV: Women will always need men for procreation and provisioning, at the very least. They also enjoy status announcements or upgrades and a wedding delivers on that.
Alas, it's become more important than the marriage itself. It's a scary proposition and I wonder what the future holds when my son is of marriageable age. Polygraphs and other mind-reading techniques and tools, perhaps, for intended brides grin

TV: They are now legislating for men to pee sitting down angry. They've taken it so far men are now mere appendages). As ever Swedish women stil prefer "bad boys" grin! - our broda with some of the Swedish womens handball team.

TV
To what end, though, what does peeing standing or sitting have to do with anything. What, pray tell, are the men of Sweden doing about all this nonsense? Just bending ovEr and getting nailed? It's disgusting.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:16am On May 29, 2015
TV01:
A man with no self-esteem will be looking for a virgin to marry
Hehehehe. *dies grin. I better get one who's been with the whole neighbourhood then.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 11:37am On May 29, 2015
Kimoni:

**yimu**

Just like Oshiomole is in the safe hands of a VIRGIN

Sister Mercy of the Lord right?

nah!
sister sarah of the lord......
and i have got the title deeds & the proof of first ownership. grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 12:09pm On May 29, 2015
TV01:

Patriarchy already had a solution for this;

Women where to be chaste and appropriately married at the right time. Men who violated - as in honour not rape - would be held accountable and forced to man up or face serious sanctions. Women who acted without honour would be shamed or stigmatised.

Feminism sees this as "men controlling womens sexuality" - no, it was society' restrictions to ensure least harm to both sexes and optimal societal flourishing.

Why, one may ask, should women bear the greater burden? Because the cost of breaches weighed more heavily on them;
- Women get left holding the baby, blighting their economic or learning opportunities
- Are 7 times more likely to catch rather than give an STD
- Suffer the affects of abortion (and there are long-term pathologies for even 1)
- As well as the stigma of single motherhood
- And all round reduced marital opportunity

Casual sex does not portend as many issues for men, neither does it affect them as deeply in an emotion or psychological sense. It's why, the higher a womans number of partners, the lower her potential marital satisfasction.

And least of all with women - a potential spouses notch count is rarely an issue for women, their focus is typically a mans status and ability to provide. In fact the ability to attract quality women - and even sire children - is actually attractive to women shocked

The notch count is higher by way of criteria for men - they are more concerned about marital quality and the paternity of any children presented to them for provision. And of course their status, which is compromised by a stigmatised (lower value) mate.

The optimal solution - as I've touched on - is high expectations on both sides, not a denial of biological and cultural reality or the chanting of "equality", as the fact remains, ultimately the fallout will always be more for women.

As for trying to queer the pitch by making it about gory details of individual relationships, that's how they operate - deceitfully. No man wants to know the detail, just the number, even generally; more than 6 but less than 12, not into double figures etc.

And both parties should present salient facts - I dated your cousin, abortions, murders, cultism, hereditary illnesses etc. - at an appropriate point (to a potential spouse).

A marriage founded on fraud - be it by lies or non-disclosure - will never enjoy the bliss, freedom, joy, expectastion and fulfillment of one that is founded on truth, and transparency.

There's nothing like a woman that rests assured her man knows and loves her regardless. All I'm hearing is the rantings of those who in the innermost recesses are deeply dissatisfied or have woefully low expectations, and are trying to reassure themselves it's like that for everyone. How sad. Some chose burger, others are being force fed it undecided!

TV

First, this is not about feminism. Not at all. Topic for another day.

I disagree with your first five paragraphs. It contains a lot of sweeping statements with no empirical evidence tongue (Ekwesili speaking)

Seriously, a lot of what you wrote up there are what I regard as myths.

Is there any shame in single motherhood these days? I don't think so. Babymamas, side chicks are now trending more than ever
Women catch STDs 7 times more than men? I need proof
Effects of abortions? Little or no effect these days. It's almost as easy as shaiting now and besides, hardly will you even find them getting pregnant
Less marital satisfaction for women as a result of a high number of exs' shocked shocked shocked
Wake up TV!!!!!!! It's the 21st century, a new millennium.
Let's not even argue this, this is a fable

TV, whether you agree or not, there is a whole new generation of girls out there and they are not smiling. They live by their own rules and have no time for conscience or physiological effect. Something they copied from the menfolk.

Now back to my point, it's high time men realize whats going on around them and trace the origin of this mess to themselves. For centuries, different rules have always applied to men and women.

~ It's okay for a man to cheat but it's at a taboo for women
~ a married woman found cheating should be divorced immediately but a man found cheating should be constant prayed for and pampered more (like seriously)
~ babymamas should be shamed but baby daddies should be accorded the right of marriage
~ girl should spill her past before marriage but guys must never kiss and tell

We are never going to move forward if we continue to preach all these to the younger generation and continue telling them it's a man's world.
A male should be held equally liable for whatever atrocities he commits with a female.

I quite agree with your ending paragraphs but with some little moderation.
Certainly, all parties concerned must come clean at one point or the other during their relationship but again, it should be all parties and not women alone.
However, in doing that, wisdom must also be applied during disclosure. If I have a partner who tells his mother or friends anything to everything, I'll know where to stop.
Or if he is the type that like to use what he knows about me as a weapon during marital spats, I'll disclose with maximum wisdom.
Materiality is also very key when spewing.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 12:13pm On May 29, 2015
coogar:

nah!
sister sarah of the lord......
and i have got the title deeds & the proof of first ownership. grin

Ahhhh, pardon my error

Sister Sarah of the Lord

First proof of ownership you say shocked shocked grin grin grin

I need empirical evidence
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 12:17pm On May 29, 2015
Kimoni

1. will you like to be a single mother

The fact that something is trending does not make it the ideal

2. Have u watched this movie - Single Moms Club?

What are your thoughts on the film

3. do you serious need evidence to support that STDs catch women faster than men?... grin grin or you are just trolling
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 12:19pm On May 29, 2015
Kimoni:

Ahhhh, pardon my error

Sister Sarah of the Lord

First proof of ownership you say shocked shocked grin grin grin

I need empirical evidence

i said proof of first ownership. grin

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 12:27pm On May 29, 2015
coogar:

i said proof of first ownership. grin

Again my apologies

Proof of first ownership.

Seeing is believing. Show me the proof tongue
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 12:30pm On May 29, 2015
pickabeau1:
Kimoni

1. will you like to be a single mother

The fact that something is trending does not make it the ideal

2. Have u watched this movie - Single Moms Club?

What are your thoughts on the film

3. do you serious need evidence to support that STDs catch women faster than men?... grin grin or you are just trolling

1. No, I won't like to be a single mother
2. No, I have not watched the film
3. Yes, I need evidence to support the belief that women catch STDs(and other diseases as a result of promiscuity) more than men
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bukatyne(f): 12:41pm On May 29, 2015
Funny turn of discussion... guessing it is Osisi 's thread.

We keep deceiving ourselves with men and women can behave differently when it comes to sexual and martial matters.

If someone opens a thread that women should not smoke, drink, dress waywardly, be vulgar bla bla, I IIIwould say Good one or ignore.

But someone come to say a woman should be chaste while a man can frolick as much as he likes, I know he is kidding.

First, There is no religion that preaches only female chastity... I know staunch Muslim men who do not shake women and talk of marrying as virgins even though they can marry multiple wives afterwards.

Second, except we are talking of gays here, every man fucking around is doing so with a woman.

We can say.. I will train my daughters to be chaste; I am sure we were kids once and did not do all our parents told us.

Someone still said 'it's a man's world he can cheat bla bla ' and I had to ask If he was a Christian.

Let us keep encouraging male immorality and miraculously expect female chastity in the same environment that condemns homosexuality.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 12:43pm On May 29, 2015
Kimoni:

1. No, I won't like to be a single mother
2. No, I have not watched the film
3. Yes, I need evidence to support the belief that women catch STDs(and other diseases as a result of promiscuity) more than men

1. why?..why would u not want to be ...your words....it is trending and 'normal' nowadays
2. Its an interesting film... first hand experience of single moms... not the crap you see being spewed around on family section about them being more desirable than spinsters
3. Google is your friend but i will help you

Physiological Vulnerability of Women and Men

Evidence from research suggests that women’s risk of HIV infection from unprotected sex is at least twice that of men. A woman’s body has the ability to retain a high concentration of semen in the vaginal canal. Similarly, women are exposed to infection because of the extensive surface area of mucous membrane in the vagina and on the cervix through which the virus may pass. Uncircumcised men are also at risk because the delicate area under the foreskin may expose them to infection if they have unprotected sex. Young women are at a greater risk because of abrasions they may have during unprotected sex since they tend to have a thin vaginal lining
http://www.iiz-dvv.de/index.php?article_id=393&clang=1

Women's Biological Susceptibility to Infection

Although women's greater biological susceptibility is now well accepted, this was not assumed early in the epidemic, when the vagina, as opposed to the anus, was thought by scientists to be a rugged tissue that protected women from infection.Surveillance statistics, however, showed that heterosexual transmission accounted for more infections among women than men, suggesting that women might be at greater risk of infection if exposed through heterosexual intercourse. Plausibility was strengthened by analogy with other (albeit bacterial) sexually transmitted infections, such as chlamydia and gonorrhea, which exhibit different transmission probabilities from men to women than from women to men.

Prospective studies of serodiscordant couples and of men's contacts with female sex workers then showed that women have upward of twice the probability of infection if exposed to HIV. Thus, the growing epidemiological understanding of gender differences in transmission probabilities through vaginal intercourse came to serve as the lynchpin of the vulnerability paradigm. The model rested even more compellingly, however, on arguments concerning women's social vulnerability.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2820057/

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.