Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (304794 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 12:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
Lets see if he will disappoint us.. grin
bellong:

That will be her cross to bear alone.

She doesn't understand the modus operandi of these fraudulent folks.

By the team she comes back to cry wolf of not paying up, the steam would have been completely lost. At least, I wouldn't renew my offer and I am sure others wouldn't too.

Why shift the goal post in the middle of the game.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
@tearoses and TV01

Don't open another thread please.

So coach TV01
I have a question, I weigh just over 60kg highest weight is 65kg. Dance used to be my exercise but not any more got no time. But I want to lose 2inches of my waist ALONE without losing weight anywhere else. My height is 5ft 8. I don't mind increasing muscle mass. I think my waist is about 34 or so(though you wouldn't believe it if you saw me)

What would you recommend for diet n exercise.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 1:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
salsera:
@tearoses and TV01

So coach TV01
I have a question, I weigh just over 60kg highest weight is 65kg. Dance used to be my exercise but not any more got no time. But I want to lose 2inches of my waist ALONE without losing weight anywhere else. My height is 5ft 8. I don't mind increasing muscle mass. I think my waist is about 34 or so(though you wouldn't believe it if you saw me)

your problem is minor....
avoid pounded yam, eba & amala. never ever put them in your mouth again.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
salsera:
@tearoses and TV01

So coach TV01

grin grin grin cool You dey fear Ikebe and boobiie loss
Dont worry, coach TV01 is on his way grin
James bond 001
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
coogar:

Shior
Ozulu village boy forming posh tongue
abi whats the name of that your village?
is it not pounded yam and eba that sister mary feeds you with 24/7
Yeye tongue grin grin

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 1:24pm On Jul 09, 2015
tearoses:

Shior
Ozulu village boy forming posh tongue
abi whats the name of that your village?
is it not pounded yam and eba that sister mary feeds you with 24/7
Yeye tongue grin grin

those type of foods are the reason most naija women look pregnant when they are not. i am also sure they are responsible for at least 90% of all the diabetic folks & heart problems in nigeria. if anyone wants to live long & live healthy, such foods should be completely avoided.

the last time i tasted any of them must be 20 years ago. this is why i am the fittest nigerian male of my generation. sister sarah knows i will kick her out like polio if she dares cook those poisonous meals.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by damiso(f): 1:35pm On Jul 09, 2015
coogar:

though I don't agree entirely with the bolded bit grin grin coogar and exaggeration ehn cheesy avoiding those foods or avoiding eating them on a regular basis does help with losing abdominal fat.

I started with cutting out pounded yam( not had it in over a year) then eba, then amala and now I don't even really eat amala anymore . And funny enough I don't miss them.

Salsera if you must make sure you eat more of the soup/stew (with lil oil) and very very small amounts. Like small amounts that after two or three scoops( okeles grin) its finished
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 09, 2015
coogar:

those type of foods are the reason most naija women look pregnant when they are not. i am also sure they are responsible for at least 90% of all the diabetic folks & heart problems in nigeria. if anyone wants to live long & live healthy, such foods should be completely avoided.

the last time i tasted any of them must be 20 years ago. this is why i am the fittest nigerian male of my generation. sister sarah knows i will kick her out like polio if she dares cook those poisonous meals.

This boy and mouth grin grin grin
I agree . . .the moment I cut down on carbs, I saw and felt the difference
10 days of a low carb diet and I have lost 6kg.
I am not into the swallow thing, but If only I can kiss rice goodbye
Its hard cos thats what most of us were brought up with, but baby steps each day at a time and we can get there.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 09, 2015
damiso:

though I don't agree entirely with the bolded bit grin grin coogar and exaggeration ehn cheesy avoiding those foods or avoiding eating them on a regular basis does help with losing abdominal fat.

I started with cutting out pounded yam( not had it in over a year) then eba, then amala and now I don't even really eat amala anymore . And funny enough I don't miss them.

Salsera if you must make sure you eat more of the soup/stew (with lil oil) and very very small amounts. Like small amounts that after two or three scoops( okeles grin) its finished

He's right dami, I cut out eba, amala for almost a year but ate yam about twice a week and did not touch bread and pasta for about 8 months and I have a testimony grin, as of this morning it is 8 inches off my tummy, I can even see lil' miss naijababe if I suck in my tummy a bit now, an impossible feat before grin.

There's not much wrong with oil, sugar is the problem and carbs especially our starchy staples are packed full of the stuff angry
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by damiso(f): 1:48pm On Jul 09, 2015
naijababe:

He's right dami, I cut out eba, amala for almost a year but ate yam about twice a week and did not touch bread and pasta for about 8 months and I have a testimony grin, as of this morning it is 8 inches off my tummy, I can even see lil' miss naijababe if I suck in my tummy a bit now, an impossible feat before grin.

There's not much wrong with oil, sugar is the problem and carbs especially our starchy staples and packed full of the stuff.

I know he is right now I would even add rice sef but you know cougar naw grin grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 1:48pm On Jul 09, 2015
salsera:
@tearoses and TV01

So coach TV01

Holá Sal,

I don't think there are many proponents of "spot weight loss" anymore? Losing weight from a specific spot is notoriously difficult to prescribe for. However your willngness to increase mass offsets this somewhat.

I see the waist as largely a consequence of ones body/type and genetics, the specific types of exercises one does, and particularly how you work the trunk and legs.

Off the bat I'd say squats with variations, and lots of floor work around abs, incorporating twisting/lateral movements - and cardio/HIIT.

Funnily enough, I did my kettlebell sesion yesterday. Theres's a lady that makes her way to the floor after class and goes through a serious squatting/stretching routine. Needless to say it's paying appreciabel dividends.

Given the stats you provided, I have a picture of you in my mind. I wonder why you are particular about your waist? Could you start by telling me which body type in each of the two pics you most closely identify with;

Diet to follow.

TV

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 1:49pm On Jul 09, 2015
tearoses:

This boy and mouth grin grin grin

everytime i go to the gym, women of all sizes & age groups ask for my number. tongue they want to know what i do to have gotten my greek god body shape. the method is simple - our nigerian food is the reason we have pregnant men & pregnant women in the country.

I agree . . .the moment I cut down on carbs, I saw and felt the difference
10 days of a low carb diet and I have lost 6kg.
I am not into the swallow thing, but If only I can kiss rice goodbye

rice is very fine. it's way lower in calories than what 100g of pounded yam would do to the body. amala is a disgrace. ugly before consumption & very harmful after consumption.

Its hard cos thats what most of us were brought up with, but baby steps each day at a time and we can get there.

i was brought up with those yeye foods too but i stopped in my JSS3. i knew they weren't for me & i have not missed it one jot. i suddenly realised i was the healthiest of my mates. i have never spent a night in any clinic or hospital. they are all following my lead now but its a tad too late for many of them.

damiso:

avoid them completely.
poison is poison. people who eat them regularly will die quicker. people who eat them sparsely will be affected too but at a much later date. what's the difference? eventually, they will both have the same outcome!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
@ Coach TV01, squats ke? That's mostly going to work her glutes, I would reckon that burpees are much better for what she desires.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 1:56pm On Jul 09, 2015
naijababe:

There's not much wrong with oil, sugar is the problem and carbs especially our starchy staples are packed full of the stuff angry

damiso, are you reading this? grin

i know your ijebuness cannot let you leave them foods alone. what actually do you enjoy? eba, amala, poundo, etc on their own is nothing. they are like a big mould of cotton wool. it's the soup that actually lures people to them. so why not cook the soup & eat the soup alone without the poisonous amala? grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by damiso(f): 1:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
coogar:

everytime i go to the gym, women of all sizes & age groups ask for my number. tongue they want to know what i do to have gotten my greek god body shape. the method is simple - our nigerian food is the reason we have pregnant men & pregnant women in the country.

rice is very fine. it's way lower in calories than what 100g of pounded yam would do to the body. amala is a disgrace. ugly before consumption & very harmful after consumption.

i was brought up with those yeye foods too but i stopped in my JSS3. i knew they weren't for me & i have not missed it one jot. i suddenly realised i was the healthiest of my mates. i have never spent a night in any clinic or hospital. they are all following my lead now but its a tad too late for many of them.

avoid them completely.
poison is poison. people who eat them regularly will die quicker. people who eat them sparsely will be affected too but at a much later date. what's the difference? eventually, they will both have the same outcome!

We have heard o Adonis grin

Sometimes its hard to quit some things by just going cold turkey and so advising people to cut them out gradually might be the best way to go.

I have actually cut them out totally and these days I think I can even live with eating very lil rice sef ( anyone who knows me knows I love my jollof rice and ayamase).

You are right for some things though going cold turkey is the drastic solution.. not had fizzy drinks ( coke, sprite, Fanta etc) in almost 10 years.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
salsera:
What would you recommend for diet
In pursuit of health and fitness, I've always found the best results are when exercise and diet are worked on in tandem. Weirdly - or maybe not - enough, I find once I slack on the exercise front, my diet slips and conversly, when I'm exercising close to optimum, I have less cravings for not so good food.

I'm in a purple patch right now and haven't had biscuits, chocolate, etc. for the longest time. Having said that, I also find giving oneself leeway and making a small allowance for not so great foods - treats, rewards - will mean you still make gains, whilst not giving yourself impossible targets - and feeling misrable when you fail to meet them.

It follows that I'm not a big proponent of labelling foods good or bad or eliminating any altogether - with the exception of those that have no obvious benefit or may be damaging - i.e. I don't use sugar, ever.

I need to know where you are now in terms of diet.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 2:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
damiso:

We have heard o Adonis grin

Sometimes its hard to quit some things by just going cold turkey and so advising people to cut them out gradually might be the best way to go.

I have actually cut them out totally and these days I think I can even live with eating very lil rice sef ( anyone who knows me knows I love my jollof rice and ayamase).

You are right for some things though going cold turkey is the drastic solution .. not had fizzy drinks ( coke, sprite, Fanta etc) in almost 10 years.

just punish the body!
humans can adapt to anything - it's not like she's addicted to them. she just craves it twice a week because of the soup & the bokoto. grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 2:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
naijababe:
@ Coach TV01, squats ke? That's mostly going to work her glutes, I would reckon that burpees are much better for what she is desires.
Hiya, I hear you, I just updated to include HIIT/cardio, and we can talk details around that. I'd need to know what Sal does now. I actually think dancing would be great for what she's after? If it's time, not sure that dancing takes any more time, or is any more inconvenient than any other form.

TV

110 burpees yesterday - 11x10 - let me go and check my waist.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 2:10pm On Jul 09, 2015
damiso:
I don't see why they have to be eliminated completely? What is wrong with allowing say one traditional meal a week, or okele only at owambes - assuming you do'nt go Thursday thru' Sunday grin? Especially if it's not a massive serving - I think that can be the issue more than the actual food type.

damiso:
You are right for some things though going cold turkey is the drastic solution.. not had fizzy drinks ( coke, sprite, Fanta etc) in almost 10 years.
If of course one needs to achieve quick results for some reason sure - but long-term? Life is for living to some extent, why deny yourself. When you finally make it to my house if you don't eat the rich food I'll serve, I'll be upset 0 cheesy!

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
^ The occasional lapse in judgement resulting in wolfing down croissants and scones on a Saturday morning grin

I don't care much for okele to begin with except real pounded yam so I will be just fine. Damiso, I should come and greet you now, then we can have a lapse in judgement together with ayamase and rice, washed down with malta guinness grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by damiso(f): 2:43pm On Jul 09, 2015
TV01:

I don't see why they have to be eliminated completely? What is wrong with allowing say one traditional meal a week, or okele only at owambes - assuming you do'nt go Thursday thru' Sunday grin? Especially if it's not a massive serving - I think that can be the issue more than the actual food type.

If of course one needs to achieve quick results for some reason sure - but long-term? Life is for living to some extent, why deny yourself. When you finally make it to my house if you don't eat the rich food I'll serve, I'll be upset 0 cheesy!

TV

Rich food grin grin grin

I could cut them out cos I have never been a really big fan of them in the first instance or more like I am too lazy to put in the effort to make them grin

Hubby makes all the eba/poundo/amala etc cos he just got tired of all the big big kokos grin when I made them.

Don't worry I wont refuse sumptuous ayamase and quinoa grin one cancels the other . just joking

All things in moderation like the Good book says.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by damiso(f): 2:45pm On Jul 09, 2015
naijababe:
^ The occasional lapse in judgement resulting in wolfing down croissants and scones on a Saturday morning grin

I don't care much for okele to begin with except real pounded yam so I will be just fine. Damiso, I should come and greet you now, then we can have a lapse in judgement together with ayamase and rice, washed down with malta guinness grin

Abi o .. its not even malta guiness there is one new malt like that in all these African food stores. I thinks its like a one litre can or something grin very huge

We will just finish and do level 2 and 3 JM all at once to burn it off grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
damiso:

Abi o .. its not even malta guiness there is one new malt like that in all these African food stores. I thinks its like a one litre can or something grin very huge

Level 2 and 3 together ke?! You want to kee somebody ni ? grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 2:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
damiso:

this damiso go like food sha. grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by damiso(f): 3:10pm On Jul 09, 2015
coogar:

this damiso go like food sha. grin

Na you know o ...Y.O.L.O I don't drink or manise so what will be my enjoyment naa grin

naijababe:

Level 2 and 3 together ke?! You want to kee somebody ni ? grin

yes naa ,scones,croissants, ayamase, white rice 1 litre malt that's like 4,000 calories in short we need to add level 1 as warm up to burn it all off grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2015
damiso:

Na you know o ...Y.O.L.O I don't drink or manise so what will be my enjoyment naa grin

yes naa ,scones,croissants, ayamase, white rice 1 litre malt that's like 4,000 calories in short we need to add level 1 as warm up to burn it all off grin

no need, we will have really small portions grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by mbulela: 4:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
naijababe:

no need, we will have really small portions grin
So you no fit advise your egbon Bustline for this kin generational embarrassment wey she just unleash?
All these runs old women wey full London. Na wa
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
mbulela:

So you no fit advise your egbon Bustline for this kin generational embarrassment wey she just unleash?
All these runs old women wey full London. Na wa

Who be my egbon with the embarrassing waistline ?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by mbulela: 4:14pm On Jul 09, 2015
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 09, 2015
mbulela:

https://www.nairaland.com/2438523/omg-yetunde-bustline-oduwole-breaks

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Kai!!! You but you are wicked like Tunde sha, sending me this kain link at this time of the day. Every body is looking at me strangely at work now.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by mbulela: 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2015
naijababe:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Kai!!! You but you are wicked like Tunde sha, sending me this kain link at this time of the day. Every body is looking at me strangely at work now.

Shame no gree me finish the video.
Na so suicidal tendencies dey start o.
As I dey view the bit wey i fit, i just dey ask myself "How could naijababe allow this kind of shame to befall naija womanhood in the UK?"
This woman history with Dick no be today. I no know say e don reach like this.
I go check out the baba T (as i no dey watch yoruba movies), na so i just run enter bathroom go throw up.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 09, 2015
I agree with TV01
Life is meant to be lived joor grin
totally cutting everythng out at the same time just sets one up for failure
I used to think like that too, but then looked back at all my failed fad diets and thought silly me embarassed
So now I am being sensible
Ive been on a low carb diet for over a week but this evening I am going to cook jollof rice and have it with chicken.
Tomorrow I will go back to my eat sensible diet.
Gradual weight/inch loss is the way to do it . . or your body protests & slows down metabolism to compensate
I wish I knew this a long time before.

BTW I just found out that peppersoup can be very healthy, especially if its fish and you cooked it yourself, so you know whats in it.
and its rather filling too.

There are also alternatives . . .ive swapped sprite for sparkling water with slices of lemon. Clever me grin
Pudding is now plain low fat live yoghurt, blueberries and a spoon if stevia for the sweetness. I have a sweet tooth embarassed
Baby steps smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.