Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Is Religion A Business? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Religion A Business? (4445 Views)

Religion,a Tool Of Mind Control And Ignorance / Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? / Is Religion A Hoax? - Watch the "truth" about The Greatest Story Ever Told (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Religion A Business? by slyk2(m): 2:25pm On Aug 11, 2008
my bros, the gospel is free but not cheap.
a poor church cannot evangelize real good.

if you look like whom you are leading, what makes the difference?

MEN of God MUST look different, if you desire that join the train. its quite free.
Re: Is Religion A Business? by anonimi: 2:40pm On Aug 11, 2008
sly-k:

my bros, the gospel is free but not cheap.

are you confused or just trying to mugulize people as those (mis)representing God are doing from the altar nowadays

sly-k:

MEN of God MUST look different, if you desire that join the train. its quite free.

Sure, they should look like the Bible said of Jesus, his Apostles and those who were first described as Christians in Antioch.
Re: Is Religion A Business? by madamkoko: 2:43pm On Aug 11, 2008
to be a pastor is d easisest way to riches in nija. we can argure from now till end time, its d fact

I CONCUR!!!

I went to school with this guy and he's studying to become a Pastor. He plans to go home to Nigeria to start his church and says that is the fastest way to pay his student loans back.

I know MANY Pastors in Nigeria, who won't pray for you if you don't settle them (starting price: N50,000).
Re: Is Religion A Business? by MrCrackles(m): 2:45pm On Aug 11, 2008
Pastor na big business for naija ooo!

u become pastor like this, u hammer be dat! grin
Re: Is Religion A Business? by Gamine(f): 2:49pm On Aug 11, 2008
Religion is a business.

YES, the Lords Business, you should busy yourself with.

True Religion is helping the needy, Being Christ Like, as much as possible.

Christianity as we know it today is straight from the pit of HELL.

When the bible said the road is narrow, it meant NARROW!
Re: Is Religion A Business? by madamkoko: 3:15pm On Aug 11, 2008
When the bible said the road is narrow, it meant NARROW!

heheheheeheheheeheheheheehe
Re: Is Religion A Business? by quadrillio(m): 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2008
If there jesus is alive now he will use HUMMER

abeg leave the pastors make them chop their live joo grin grin grin
Re: Is Religion A Business? by Gamine(f): 4:54pm On Aug 12, 2008
Christianity has Turned Selftainity

What a pity cry
Re: Is Religion A Business? by RichyBlacK(m): 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2008
Islam is not a business. Muslims may be business men and women. Mohammed condemned using religion as a guise for seeking wealth.

So, the censorship is over! Thanking God!
Re: Is Religion A Business? by Gamine(f): 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2008
lol
Re: Is Religion A Business? by neogogo(f): 10:34am On Aug 13, 2008
There's nothing wrong with wanting to be prosperous nigerians, but it's called Capitalism not Christianity.
Props to the people who are not afraid to say the truth.
Re: Is Religion A Business? by Oyinemi: 3:30pm On Aug 13, 2008
Well i think it depends on which side u want to look at it from, there is the monetary aspect of it and there is the religious aspect, both work hand in hand.
But i think we pay more attention to the monetary aspect that gets people confused and think that is all about making money,but it's more than than. Think about it ?
Re: Is Religion A Business? by waleco: 12:23pm On Aug 14, 2008
sad sad sad Well i totally agree with what you have said, but i also want u to bear in mind that every man for him/her self. If u look into the lives of our so called men of God, u will never go to church or hear the gospel. I have been there too & i felt the same way u right now, until i made a decision to carry my cross for myself and not for one man of God,i prayed myself, asked GOD to direct me to make the right choices and live a life for him.
My friend it is now left for u to decide what u want out of this life that u have now, do u want others short coming to destroy ur love for GOD?do u want the way of life that others live, change ur mind set about GOD and what he has planed for us ? The choice is urs to make and for GOD to judge as it pleases him but be careful of ur faith, its all u have.

I agree that for some it's a place where they make money and all u can think about,but it is also a place where u learn about GOD & his SON at not the word of nd how to live a life that pleases him, where u grow spiritually and physically as a human being,where they teach u or bring u down,a place where u meet all sought of people, both good & bad.

A lot has happened & more will happen, but keep ur faith i say again so that u will not fall. Follow GOD'S word not what u c, for everything comes to an end but not the word GOD .
Re: Is Religion A Business? by lipuka(m): 8:24am On Aug 31, 2008
The questipon is,what next?
Re: Is Religion A Business? by madamkoko: 12:34am On Sep 01, 2008
Yes, Religion is a booming business.

If people didn't make money, many of these bogus churches and many religions won't exist.
Re: Is Religion A Business? by mazaje(m): 2:03am On Sep 01, 2008
all religions have been business since their inception.
Re: Is Religion A Business? by TPS360: 8:34am On Sep 01, 2008
lets take christianity for instance. The focal point of christianity is Jesus christ and nothing else,  Religion shouldnt be a business. its suppose to bring people to God(soul winning),  but unfortunately, we have turned churches etc into commerical centers,  may the lord have mercy !
Re: Is Religion A Business? by lipuka(m): 10:44am On Sep 01, 2008
Didn't Jesus say something about false prophets who would come along and preach in his name?
Re: Is Religion A Business? by PastorAIO: 2:57pm On Sep 01, 2008
I want to start a new church. I'll call it the Roger Me Church of Mammon.

When it is time for collections we announce it with "oya, make una Roger us".

There'll be the first Roger of the day, then the second, third, fourth, then depending on how the spirit moves us the fifth one might be the final or the penultimate.

Anyone wanna join?

1 Like

Re: Is Religion A Business? by lipuka(m): 11:42am On Sep 02, 2008
Sincerety and honesty is what will make the difference!
Re: Is Religion A Business? by obinna5000(m): 12:38pm On Sep 02, 2008
Religion in the first place, is having something or someone u believe in. As Christians, we believe in our Lord Jesus Christ and we follow in his ways. But using it as a means in making money is very un-christian like. We should use our religion to convert unbelievers into true christians. There is no price in having righteousness.

If u want to be making money go and become a trader in Alaba Intl. Market or Idumota grin

Worship God in spirit and truth.

God bless. smiley
Re: Is Religion A Business? by KunleOshob(m): 12:52pm On Sep 02, 2008
@obinna5000
But your pastor is making money from your church bigtime and you even advertise for him. Yet you don't see any thing wrong with the man. grin
Re: Is Religion A Business? by obinna5000(m): 12:59pm On Sep 02, 2008
Ha! Kunleeeee!!!! U don come again. The money from tithe, offerings, pledges and vows should be used for the development of the church. And not for self enrichment.
Kunle, I hope u pay ur tithe regularly?

God bless everyone in this forum. smiley
Re: Is Religion A Business? by KunleOshob(m): 1:24pm On Sep 03, 2008
obinna5000:

Ha! Kunleeeee!!!! You don come again. The money from tithe, offerings, pledges and vows should be used for the development of the church. And not for self enrichment.
Kunle, I hope u pay your tithe regularly?

God bless everyone in this forum. smiley
Apart from the fact that i don't pay tithes, i have been running a campaign on nairaland seeking to educate people about the deception involved with the preaching of compulsory tithing which is not only a manipulation of scripture, it is completely unrequired of christians. Hence neither Jesus christ nor any of the Apostles ever preached about tithes, paid or collected it. You can check out my article on tithes on this link https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-113108.0.html enjoy cheesy besides were did you learn that tithes, offerings, pledges and vows should be used for the development of the church? Is it scriptural? quote the scripture. To the best of my knowledge and according to the scriptures, church offerings is meant to assist the less priviledge within and outside the church[i](Acts 2:44-45:
44 And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had. 45 They sold their property and possessions and shared the money with those in need.)  [/i] this money meant for the needy as now been highjacked by church leaders under the guise of developing / running the church.
Re: Is Religion A Business? by AKO1(m): 1:44pm On Sep 03, 2008
If Christians paid taxes as religiously as they paid tithes, the society would be a much better place.
Re: Is Religion A Business? by PastorAIO: 1:53pm On Sep 03, 2008
A_K_O:

If Christians paid taxes as religiously as they paid tithes, . . . . . .

. . . . . . government officials would be much richer people.
Re: Is Religion A Business? by AKO1(m): 3:19pm On Sep 03, 2008
So we shouldn't pay either?
Re: Is Religion A Business? by PastorAIO: 5:50pm On Sep 03, 2008
Hey, someone that I very much Love once said that we should give unto caesar what is caesar's and unto God what is God.
Re: Is Religion A Business? by KunleOshob(m): 10:41am On Sep 04, 2008
And how do you give to God?? Jesus answered to that question in the passage below
Matthew 25:35-40:
35 For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. 36 I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’
37 “Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? 39 When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’

40 “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters,[a] you were doing it to me!’

So if any one is truly desirous of giving to God, he/she should concentrate on giving to the less priviledge around us. Your tithes and offerings go to the church/ pastor and not to God.
Re: Is Religion A Business? by PastorAIO: 11:05am On Sep 04, 2008
KunleOshob:

And how do you give to God?? Jesus answered to that question in the passage below
Matthew 25:35-40:
35 For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. 36 I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’
37 “Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? 39 When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’

40 “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters,[a] you were doing it to me!’

So if any one is truly desirous of giving to God, he/she should concentrate on giving to the less priviledge around us. Your tithes and offerings go to the church/ pastor and not to God.
[size=15pt]Right On![/size]
Re: Is Religion A Business? by lipuka(m): 1:46pm On Sep 04, 2008
Just remember, after taking the money, some of the pastors are known to take all the beautiful girls and wives, breaking homes and families.
Re: Is Religion A Business? by obinna5000(m): 5:56pm On Sep 04, 2008
My internet friend Kunle grin, read Malachi 3:8-12 and give me ur response. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are You Born Again, Then You Are Righteous, Justified. / How Do Atheists Determine What Is Right Or Wrong? / Why should I worship a 3 Headed God That Was Nailed On The Cross?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.