Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,991 members, 7,956,698 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:02 PM

Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers (80997 Views)

Meet The Graduate Who Sells Akara In Abuja While Waiting For Her NYSC. Photo / Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) / Whats The Graduate Salary At Shell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by hobyner(m): 7:29am On Jan 08, 2014
Corporate scam. This matter should be investigated toroughly.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Ijayzbrainz: 7:30am On Jan 08, 2014
gommex: D op can do nada, if a firm no more requires ur services, there is nothin u can do abt it, he has to move on
Gommex or watever u kal urslef.U must be an Aboki.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by EreluY(f): 7:31am On Jan 08, 2014
[size=14pt]IN THE END, THIS SCHEME ENDED UP HUMILIATING UNIVERSITY GRADUATES, INCLUDING THE SO CALLED PHD HOLDERS WHO SHOULD HAVE PICKED UP TEACHING JOBS EVEN IF IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS. A COUNTRY THAT TREATS ITS CITIZENS THE WAY NIGERIA DOES IS DOOMED.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by DICKtator: 7:33am On Jan 08, 2014
Olojukokoro: Write an open letter to Aliko Dangote and share it on social media...fight,don't give up and name the corrupt officials..Goodluck

Dear Ebele,

Why Goodluck?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 08, 2014
I feel sad for him
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by akpomeme(m): 7:51am On Jan 08, 2014
Here is my gnuts on this. Dangote first of all is a capitalist man, secondly, the number of dangote truck accidents in the last one year during the trial period of using graduates as drivers is so huge that it eclipses the economic benefit.
Making management decisions in a business is an ongoing effect, thus if the company realised that it's initiative to empower young graduates through driving hasn't worked, it is only wise to count your losses on time and move on.

I find it disgusting that a graduate will complain after receiving free training in driving and management then gets fired. Why can't he think of being a dangote!!! You have the skills now and can look elsewhere to consolidate and do something tangible with your life when you are able to acquire one truck. Smh!!!
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by zeongeon: 7:58am On Jan 08, 2014
If we can treat our citizens like this then why won't lebanese man slap and use his knee on a pregnant nigerian woman...until the nigerian youths can brace up and make there voices heard our leaders will continue to treat d youths like crap and pay no attention...Do we want our kids to b born into a country like this and go through all this injustice and wickedness....naija youths join forces and create that change and that nigeria we want...no one will help US...d elderly from 40yrs of age can do nothing there time is up already..that change and justice is in our hands those from 18yrs-39yrs of age
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by fuke(m): 8:01am On Jan 08, 2014
This is not good enough for Dangote.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Babe101: 8:04am On Jan 08, 2014
Na their fault? E get who go university with driver work for mind?
It is well.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Paretomaster(m): 8:04am On Jan 08, 2014
akpomeme: Here is my gnuts on this. Dangote first of all is a capitalist man, secondly, the number of dangote truck accidents in the last one year during the trial period of using graduates as drivers is so huge that it eclipses the economic benefit.
Making management decisions in a business is an ongoing effect, thus if the company realised that it's initiative to empower young graduates through driving hasn't worked, it is only wise to count your losses on time and move on.

I find it disgusting that a graduate will complain after receiving free training in driving and management then gets fired. Why can't he think of being a dangote!!! You have the skills now and can look elsewhere to consolidate and do something tangible with your life when you are able to acquire one truck. Smh!!!
Mind u, none of d graduate get to d point of driving d truck. Dey are on attachment.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Istand(m): 8:05am On Jan 08, 2014
...hmmm
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Istand(m): 8:09am On Jan 08, 2014
The Source or its nvr true story
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by chinoify: 8:14am On Jan 08, 2014
Make extra real cash, the more you work online….. read free step by step…
Don’t pay me any thing… just read http:///lfj01B
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by maasoap(m): 8:23am On Jan 08, 2014
Acidosis:

Alhaji didn't sack drivers...

Admin staff were sacked.
Can we actually call them admin staff? Definitely not! Their letters of appointment up till the day they sacked still bear drivers. OP didn't say their previous letters of appointment were collected. It is a scam. If 100 graduate drivers applied for conversion to fleet officers and there was vacancies for just 16 posts, why not let the remaining people continue in their current position of driving? But you know our people, they are always being economical with the truth. May be they have returned their previous letters of appointment in anticipation for being called back to resume as fleet officers. Which means that even if they want to fight now, they have nothing to show as evidence of being employees of dangote cement. And, according to the OP, these graduate drivers have been sitting at homes for more than six months collecting salaries for doing while expecting new letters of appointment. Can't believe it that you guys would still miss this opportunity.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by maasoap(m): 8:31am On Jan 08, 2014
akpomeme: Here is my gnuts on this. Dangote first of all is a capitalist man, secondly, the number of dangote truck accidents in the last one year during the trial period of using graduates as drivers is so huge that it eclipses the economic benefit.

Talk is cheap.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by hustla(m): 8:33am On Jan 08, 2014
E just wan use them pa
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by texaco1: 8:37am On Jan 08, 2014
hustla: E just wan use them pa
hmmm. E ti sen ?
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by ShyDare(m): 8:47am On Jan 08, 2014
Naija for show, what do you expect in a country where the immigration services and armed forces are charging people for employment. The fact that we are a bunch of evil people that is why we maltreat each other.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 08, 2014
Sepp360: Take heart Bro, yhu can still get another better job and make it, With Or Without dangote!...
Thank Your Stars that your're even a graduate!...

If I No Make Am For This Life, God No Go Happy With Me!...

The Op's situation is one of the reasons that those that have a fighting spirit and passion for success do not rely on employers. The dreams of the employer may not accomodate your own dreams..

I personally cannot be a good staff because i am cut for entrepreneurship. So Op, start dreaming big today of owning your own business...
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by dady12: 8:54am On Jan 08, 2014
[quote
author=Olojukokoro]Write an open letter to Aliko Dangote and share it
on social media...fight,don't give up and name the corrupt
officials..Goodluck[/quote]Ebele jonathan
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by ProfGday(m): 8:58am On Jan 08, 2014
Capt. JH Miller:

I use a touch screen, auto-correct+typo+anger while typing..
I would not insult you. I am above that.
Abokii,why are u angry?
Don't do that again,ok?
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 08, 2014
Poster, how much were you able to save during this roughly one year of your employment.

Assuming you were earning N60,000 a month for the past 10 months before the sack. Were you able to save 50% of your salary? Should that be the case, you would fall back on N300, 000 with a good business idea and you will become the dangote of tomorrow..
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by beordune(m): 8:59am On Jan 08, 2014
brosss: My dear brush off the dust and move on. You were slighted out of your position. But remember when you were studing for your graduate exam, I suppose you were nt studying to bEcomE a driver with dangote.... I understand your need for justice....but I also feel that you should seee this as a much needed propulsion. To move on to better prospects that will soon come your way!

True word!!!
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by ProfGday(m): 9:04am On Jan 08, 2014

Some ppu reasoned thru their anus sha. Do u knw if any of them(G-drivers)got to drive any truck?
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by deenee: 9:08am On Jan 08, 2014
The poster's claim is not true. Whilst it is correct that some of the graduate drivers have been laid off, the poster has only painted a picture and presented a story full of bias just to elicit sympathy from the gullible people on this domain.

The problem with the graduate drivers scheme has been lingering since when they started training in Zaria. The fact that you are a Phd holder doesn't make you any special so long as you have voluntarily applied for the job. Information from the grapevine connotes that most of the graduate drivers went over board make ridiculous requests right from training school and this continued even when they were posted to Obajana.

It is just funny how people are quick to label Dangote a bad man without getting all the facts right.

The idea was to promote the scheme beyond the shores of Nigeria and into other West Africa countries where Dangote has business interests. However the attitude of the participants has been nothing to write home about.

I don't know Dangote from adam and I don't work for him and quite frankly, I don't think its right for one person or a group of persons who have a deluded sense of entitlement to hold any company to ransom. Dangote has simply done what any rational business mogul would have done in similar circumstance. CUT HIS LOSSES and move on.

If the poster wants sincere sympathy let him tell the story without bias and stopping attacking "ALHAJI LADAN". Afterall the supposedly "evil and tribalistic" ALH LADAN was not in training with the graduate driver where the problem originated.

Dangote is the largest employer of labour in the private sector in Nigeria and will without doubt be the largest employer in Sub Sahara Africa once the refinery and other factories in west Africa kick off.

He also made 9. 2 billion dollars last year from cement sales alone. I doubt if what will be top priority for him now would be the rantings of a few disgruntled employees who have a deluded sense of entitlement.

God bless Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by kevoh(m): 9:10am On Jan 08, 2014
Paretomaster: Wat realy pissed d company off is that while ppl applied for d conversion, they abandoned d driving attachment training, many don't even show up for months unless there is an emergency, dis mak som ppl report to d Director dat dis ppl are collecting salaries without doing anything, so dey called for driving test, and all of them failed d test, so they use that as a yardstick, d management have their lapses, but d Graduate drivers gave them a loophole.
Sounds more like the actions of typical graduates today. Most do not want to work, all they want is salary at the end of the month without doing any serious work other than browsing using office internet or chatting on different social media on their phones. When severe actions are taken against them they begin to cry Wolf just like the OP and that 70/30 man from Glo.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by klassic(m): 9:10am On Jan 08, 2014
please if were sacked kindly call 08050718913. let's find a way to make dem pay.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Paretomaster(m): 9:12am On Jan 08, 2014
Prof Gday:
Some ppu reasoned thru their anus sha. Do u knw if any of them(G-drivers)got to drive any truck?
Don't mind dat M. U. M. U, d graduates are yet to perfect their driving talk less of driving sef.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 08, 2014
AdekunleBalogun: when i was saying to friends that graduates applying for a drivers position is not something that is worth celebrating, well they thought i was only been unreasonable, now we can all see the outcome.

The effort is worth it. The poster cannot be thesame with someone who made no effort in applying.

He has earned exposure, training, gotten contacts and received salary for the past 10months.

Do you know that this single effort on his C.V. could land him the job of his dreams?
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by sweetgala(m): 9:25am On Jan 08, 2014
ihimami:

I am appalled at your statement above, it shows how tolerant some of you are and for your information, the ratio of Northerners/southerners and Muslims/christians working in Dangote is 3:1.

You said it all already. Do you Also know the ratio of northerners / southerners with a graduate degree. And when I say northerner I mean Hausa and Fulani. We can't use religion as a clear mark as a good number of Yoruba and indeed Igbo etc are Muslim.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary - Stutern / Access Bank Frontline Internship 2017 / 6 Mistakes You Will Likely Make Between Age 20-30 AS A Young Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.