Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers (80764 Views)

Meet The Graduate Who Sells Akara In Abuja While Waiting For Her NYSC. Photo / Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) / Whats The Graduate Salary At Shell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by stagger: 1:57am On Jan 08, 2014
funshint: If not 4 corruption within the entire system why should the entire economic fabric of the country be mortgaged to one man!! He has some of the largest companies in this continent yet he finds it difficult to adequately employ graduates. Shame of a country!!!

You sound as if Dangote is obligated to employ anyone, or like you own a job in his companies like some kind of right. Grow up man. It ain't happening.

A typical Nigerian is a tribalist and nepotist. Knowing how people back stab people from other tribes, we would naturally prefer to have control by hearing the same language around or having a family member close by, more so when the general sentiment of the unemployed is that they "own" a share of your wealth and you should employ them.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by onoja12: 2:07am On Jan 08, 2014
what story is that remind me again,if i get you right then you even know that there is no credibility to the story,please tell me what is Dangotes offense in this matter,that he gave out free jobs plus free training?if he didn't give out the jobs would this man be here today insulting an internationally respected man,that's the problem with Nigerians,if you help them they turn back to pay you with evil
ogaibe1:

(Mr i find it very insulting) You werent an eyewitness to this man's story. SO if you dont have a credible information you can't criticize him. 9 out of ten times this story happens to be true.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by texaco1: 2:13am On Jan 08, 2014
tumababa: i simply don't believe the story
there is certainly something funny about this story. The op and the driver are not saying it all.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by IGBOSON1: 2:18am On Jan 08, 2014
Noor6009: Should this be true,then it's another case of corruption and deceit in an org where everything should be based on merit.

Mod,r u still awaiting order frm oga Seun@d top before u move dis to d front page

^^^At bolded: Dude, we're talking of a company owned by a Fulani Oligarch! He's free to fill his company with cattle rearers if he so desires, and you and i can do absolutely fuc/kall about it! You really think they will suffer your talk of 'merit' in federal appointments, and then come and suffer it again in their own company!?

As far as they're concerned, if you don't like it you can go and get your own richest black man on earth and use his company to employ all the 'mouthy i-too-sabi infidels' you like........this one's theirs so hands off!!!
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by texaco1: 2:21am On Jan 08, 2014
tutuwater: Believe it or not. Dangote is not running most of the establishment well.
Dangote Transport loses a lot from accidents, improper handling and reckless driving. A lot of the cement sold do not get to the customers.
After the Graduate drivers training, the scheme was cancelled for two reasons.
1. The countries they were recruitted to transport cement to requested for drivers from their country.
2. The attitude of the training participant was not favourable to the companies management.
I hope they will all get a better more deserving job because DANGOTE is not a good working place.
your points are contradictory
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by linearity: 3:18am On Jan 08, 2014
but why would the affected sacked Driver want to complain anonymously?

If this is the true, it will be the very first time an aggrieved ex-employee who was sack due to no fault of his/her own will want to complain anonymously? Is he afraid of some type of retribution from the Company, I do not know of any harsher retribution from an employer than the one he got....or he does not want future employers' to view him in a bad light.

If an employer sack me, I will not go about complaining but neither will I discuss it anonymously should the issue force itself into a conversation or a write-up.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Salym(m): 3:55am On Jan 08, 2014
Capt. JH Miller:
[size=14pt]why did you have to end it it northern hausa muslims??

i mean what has that got to do with anything?? you want to thell me that out of all of you that were sacked no nothern hausa muslim??

After clearly telling you the reason, to secure a loan, you still had to bring that up.

blaming your short commings on someones tribe, jst pointing at someone else its all me do in this country[/size]

undecided undecided undecided The same thing came to my mind when I read the story. Southerners will always like to play the tribal and religious card with anything that has to do with Northerners. Well its nothing to be surprised of sha since somebody as 'educated' as the finance minister did the same in the ASUU tussle.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Chartey(m): 4:30am On Jan 08, 2014
omenpetrol: what's this one saying??
You are a job-seeker abi? I'm just saying that when you become a successful businessman one day, and then a disgruntled ex-employee portrays your company in a bad way to the general public by making unverified claims, you won't find it funny at all. Do you understand now?
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by kaeto(m): 5:05am On Jan 08, 2014
I feel for those yoruba phd. drivers that due to their unproductive minds resorted to truck driving. Driving truck for aboki is the worst depth one can sink into. Well, God help the slave and her master. God help their lazy minds.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by sirrinky: 5:06am On Jan 08, 2014
Brand New Facs about Effects of Diet
www.newdietdo.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by darne(m): 5:16am On Jan 08, 2014
ITS AN OPEN LETTER SEASON, BETTER SEIZE THE OPPORTUNITY, WRITE ONE DIRECTLY TO DANGOTE, AM SURE IF ALL THIS IS TRUE, YOU MAY AS WELL GET A BETTER POSITION STILL IN DANGOTE`S COMPANY.

BTW WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE TRIBALISTIC ON THIS, IT WONT HELP MATTER BECAUSE I AM SO SURE DANGOTE GROUP ISNT RUN ONLY BY NORTHERNERS/HAUSA/MUSLIM....Somethings up on this. angry angry angry angry
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by proxillin(m): 5:22am On Jan 08, 2014
kaeto: I feel for those yoruba phd. drivers that due to their unproductive minds resorted to truck driving. Driving truck for aboki is the worst depth one can sink into. Well, God help the slave and her master. God help their lazy minds.
why are Igbo over tribal. They always look for every excuses to attack other tribes on every issues. People like you are not different from bokoharam. You have no moral justification to criticize bokoharam. This was how bojoharam started. You will still go violent one day. Fact. There are many emekas in the phd drver. Get that into your head. Igbo tribal war lord

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by mumubynature(m): 5:59am On Jan 08, 2014
I used to think once u are a graduate ur mentality will be accurate but no,poverty is more effective on the brain.
Graduates rushing to acquire drivers job"anywhere belle face"
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by teeflak(m): 6:04am On Jan 08, 2014
@ op, no complains, go look for something better, when one road closes, another is opened forthwith. my 2cents! @teamself#employed#
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by DrGud: 6:08am On Jan 08, 2014
House of reps should come up with laws that'll protect empoyee from any employer. Or he seeks help from an agency that can help him.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Paretomaster(m): 6:17am On Jan 08, 2014
funshint:
You're a m'ron for saying dat^^^ but I don't blame you 'cos you're not expected to reason more than a cow!!! then he should sell all his spagetti and macaroni to his Hausa beggers alone...infact he should pack all his investments away from SW. Isn't it an irony the road leading to the largest Cement company in Africa owned by this man at Abajana is one of the worst road ever in this country; then you have to ask what is the social responsibility expected of this company?! It's so unfortunate we've only succeeded in building this man's wealth. This country has been sold out!!!
N.B:- Dangote is the largest producer of sugar in Nigeria yet he no get brain do cube sugar...we still dey buy St.lois!
U must b an eedeeot for for saying Hausa beggars, who d f*ck is ur fada? D whole of ur write up is full of hate and bigotry, if u like go kill urself Dangote is above ur entire lineage, u just open ur stinky gutter and insult an entire Tribe. Which road r u talking about sef? Liar! D road dat lead to Obajana is along Lokoja-Abuja road at Kabba junction, and it does nt hav a single pothole, whoever. Stay in dis area should prove me wrong, mayb u r talking of d road from Ekiti,Kabba down to Obajana, and I don't think u expect him to fix road from one state top another. U better watch ur mouth.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by klassic(m): 6:18am On Jan 08, 2014
something caught my attention. Did you say the " director said it was all a ploy to get a loan? can u get persons to corroborate your statement? can I get a scanned copy of your employment letter? if yes kindly forward to : timipowei981@yahoo.com. this has gotta stop , let's make some noise and tarnish the media image they built thru u. Don't ask who I am, I m not allowed to reveal.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Enosa1(m): 6:21am On Jan 08, 2014
this is too much am insult, this call for boko graduate against dangota
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by emekaxy: 6:27am On Jan 08, 2014
Part of the 1.6M jobs Okonjo-Iweala and Goodluck J. Created in 2013.
No wonder GEJ awarded Dangote with GCON when he agreed to carry out some of his bidding........
Ma guy write open letter circulate am true social media...

#graduatedriversorfleetofficers#
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by SHAAWA: 6:29am On Jan 08, 2014
You mean the head of transport actually told you that your recruitment is just a scam to get foreign loan?

wonders shall never end,The richest man in Africa cannot secure a loan until the hires graduate drivers!
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Davidagu(m): 6:33am On Jan 08, 2014
arab-bunkum:
Information reaching my desk has confirmed that Dangote Group has quietly issued termination letters to almost all the graduate drivers that were recently employed amidst much publicity.

One of the affected graduate drivers who pleaded for anonymity, was actually crying when he narrated their ordeal. 'We went through a training program at NITT, Zaria for three months and were issued with employment letters by the Dangote Group in March 2013 at their head office in Lagos. We were all deployed to Dangote Cement Plant, Obajana ( Transport Division). At Obajana, the head of transport, ALHAJI LADAN, directed that we all be made to undergo an attachment with the more experienced drivers just to enable us gather much experience. We were all undergoing the attachment when, sometimes in May 2013, a directive came from the head office in Lagos, directing that all the graduate drivers that wish to leave driving should indicate interest to be converted to Fleet Officers (which is an office work).

We all wrote to be converted to Fleet Officers and that's when the drama started. Instead of doing the conversion process once as was the case when we got issued with employment letters in Lagos, the cabal at Obajana dragged it slowly to enable them to smuggle in many people who were never part of the original set that received training in Zaria and employment letters in Lagos. The conversion started in June 2013 and ended in November 2013, a period of six months for something that should not have taken more than one week for a fair minded and serious set of people.

At the end, only very few of the original graduate drivers were converted to Fleet Officers while the cabal in charge of the conversion exercise succeeded in getting their people into the positions meant for the graduate drivers. So, we were waiting for the exercise to continue when on December 02, 2013, the head of transport, ALHAJI LADAN, directed that our salaries be stopped. When we went to find out why our December salaries were stopped, they told us to come back today being January 06, 2014. So, you could imagine our surprises when, on reaching there today, they just came out and started issuing termination letters to us.'

When asked how many graduate drivers were converted to Fleet Officers, he replied that they were about six. He further revealed that the scheme was actually a ploy used by the company to take a loan from a foreign agency and to boost its image both at home and abroad, and that's why the company is doing away with the graduate drivers now that the deed has been done.

He further berated the set of people that heads the transport sector at Obajana, who are all Northern Hausa Muslims, for being overly incompetent and corrupt.

He is still confused as he seems confused on what to do next.

*****I'm not happy for making this front page for the first time ( January for that matter) with a bad news. He keeps asking me "What now?! I just can't figure it out!"
Pathetic indeed.*****
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by texaco1: 6:36am On Jan 08, 2014
E.nosa:
this is too much am insult, this call for boko graduate against dangota
cOol down,relax. It is obvious that there is more to the story than what the op is saying ,I am sure that when the company comes out with their own side of the issue people will see the truth. Although by that time the remaining graduate drivers with them will be sacked due to the op inaccurate. Story peddling .

@op, please kindly ask the sacked driver whether they were told by the company that if they apply for the fleet job they will first need or have to quit their drivers job? This could have been the issue ,maybe the company told them to relinquish their driving job post then apply as a fleet personnel,just a thought anyway but I know there is more to this story than what is been said here.
Reading through the story it is very very clear the op is playing the ethnic card in order to gain public sympathy and to some extent he seems to be winning people
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Lennylinconlee(m): 6:39am On Jan 08, 2014
I don't think dis one is coming from Dangota himself......I mean the sack of the graduate drivers....dis is to barbaric.......bur for the affacted ones..you need to move on....there is a better place prepare for u and u need to be leave Dangote to get there.....it is well
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Davidagu(m): 6:39am On Jan 08, 2014
that's why GEJ can not be crucified for corruption. we all 'av the tendency
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Sike(m): 6:41am On Jan 08, 2014
Olojukokoro: Write an open letter to Aliko Dangote and share it on social media...fight,don't give up and name the corrupt officials..Goodluck
seconded.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Paretomaster(m): 6:46am On Jan 08, 2014
SHAAWA: You mean the head of transport actually told you that your recruitment is just a scam to get foreign loan?

wonders shall never end,The richest man in Africa cannot secure a loan until the hires graduate drivers!
That's not true, its just a rumour peddled around.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 08, 2014
Good morning
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by NAJALYN: 6:52am On Jan 08, 2014
Alhaji Dangote cant closely monitor what transpires in his company. His managers may have sacked those graduates & employed their own people. Baba God pls. touch all wealthy Nigerians so they can emulate the man & solve the problem of unemployment.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by omusiliyu(m): 6:52am On Jan 08, 2014
They're the 1 that killed themselves
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Paretomaster(m): 6:59am On Jan 08, 2014
proxillin: why are Igbo over tribal. They always look for every excuses to attack other tribes on every issues. People like you are not different from bokoharam. You have no moral justification to criticize bokoharam. This was how bojoharam started. You will still go violent one day. Fact. There are many emekas in the phd drver. Get that into your head. Igbo tribal war lord
Don't mind d Igbo, larger parcentage of d graduate drivers are Igbo, even among those converted are Igbos. Wat realy pissed d company off is that while ppl applied for d conversion, they abandone d driving attachment training, many don't even show up for months unless there is an emergency, dis mak som ppl report to d Director dat dis ppl are collecting salaries without doing anything, so dey called for driving test, and all of them failed d test, so they use that as a yardstick, d management have their lapses, but d Graduate drivers gave them a loophole. @ OP just 4 of d 16 converted graduates are Hausa, 5 muslims and 11 Christians, abi I lie? So wats d point of making it look like its a tribal / religious issue?
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 08, 2014
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by TechWalker007: 7:07am On Jan 08, 2014
NLC, TUC will never go on strike for things like this, the so-called human rights activits from the West and North will never see this.
Sahara Reporters, Punch, Channels, Premium Times will never see such news as important, it's not related to Oduah's case!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kufre Nnah: Meet Millionaire Barber Who Came To Lagos With Only N5000 (Photos) / VIRAL PICS of SA Doctor Looking Like a Thug - Union Defends Him / My Manager Sleeps With Our Female Colleague

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.