Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,306 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers (80758 Views)

Meet The Graduate Who Sells Akara In Abuja While Waiting For Her NYSC. Photo / Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) / Whats The Graduate Salary At Shell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by AdekunleBalogun: 11:16am On Jan 07, 2014
when i was saying to friends that graduates applying for a drivers position is not something that is worth celebrating, well they thought i was only been unreasonable, now we can all see the outcome.

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 07, 2014
That is the crap that happens when a graduate applies for the position of a driver all in the name of joblessness!

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 07, 2014
i simply don't believe the story
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Paretomaster(m): 12:16pm On Jan 07, 2014
Capt. JH Miller:
[size=14pt]why did you have to end it it northern hausa muslims??

i mean what has that got to do with anything?? you want to thell me that out of all of you that were sacked no nothern hausa muslim??

After clearly telling you the reason, to secure a loan, you still had to bring that up.

blaming your short commings on someones tribe, jst pointing at someone else its all me do in this country[/size]
. D OP is just trying to ganner symphaty by adding d bigotic comment, I hav 2 friends among them, one sacked and one converted, before I comment here, I make sure I get full detail from them,16 graduates are converted and not 6 as indicated by OP among those converted, are 4 Hausa(one already sacked),4 Igbo, 4 Yoruba, others are 1 Igala,2 Ebira and 1 minority tribe. Among d 16, 11 are Christians, while 5 are Muslims. Those sacked recently comprises of Hausa,Yoruba and Igbo, both Muslims and Xtians. So y go tribal ma brother just do d needfull as educated ppl.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by nonesense: 12:21pm On Jan 07, 2014
tumababa: i simply don't believe the story
Graduate truckpusher....who wanna apply?
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
Well in Nigeria the only way to go forward is to exploit others in unfortunate desperate people
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by iyatrustee(f): 12:45pm On Jan 07, 2014
We get emotional unnecessarily. They were employed to be drivers, they were given the option of converting to administrative staff and everyone opted out of the initial reason they were employed.

Now, have you guys checked to find out how many slots for the admin staff was available? it definitely would not absolve everybody and hence some people had to be sacked!

Those who were sacked were not the Dangote Graduate Drivers but redundant admin staff.

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Acidosis(m): 1:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
iyatrustee: We get emotional unnecessarily. They were employed to be drivers, they were given the option of converting to administrative staff and everyone opted out of the initial reason they were employed.

Now, have you guys checked to find out how many slots for the admin staff was available? it definitely would not absolve everybody and hence some people had to be sacked!

Those who were sacked were not the Dangote Graduate Drivers but redundant admin staff.
on point...
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Acidosis(m): 1:39pm On Jan 07, 2014
nonesense: Graduate truckpusher....who wanna apply?
I will apply...

Can you pay 1million per month?

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Acidosis(m): 1:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
AdekunleBalogun: when i was saying to friends that graduates applying for a drivers position is not something that is worth celebrating, well they thought i was only been unreasonable, now we can all see the outcome.

Alhaji didn't sack drivers...

Admin staff were sacked.

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by devilincarnate: 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
Why the deception in the first instance? Why employ graduate since they know that a primary school leaver can successfully be trained to drive a trailer. Everything about this country is always a fraud. Op just take hearth.God will provide another job for u.

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Paretomaster(m): 1:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
Acidosis:
on point...
. I was told most of d guys disengage themselves from d initial driving attachment d moment d company offer the chance of conversion, while many were doing other Jobs somewhere else and yet collect pay from Dangote. I also heard u guys cannot drive d truck yet.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by topygel: 3:06pm On Jan 07, 2014
Paretomaster: . I was told most of d guys disengage themselves from d initial driving attachment d moment d company offer the chance of conversion, while many were doing other Jobs somewhere else and yet collect pay from Dangote. I also heard u guys cannot drive d truck yet.

I tought it that way, how could they be sacked that way after investing so much on them to be trained, BTW were not the one that disengaged themselves from the earlier arrangement?

Anyway, there is no crime in seeking for more befitting job, I sympathised with them, God will make a new way.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by pobosky20(m): 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
tiamiyukunle69: This is barbaric. NLC no go talk for this one now o!!!

NLC get head? No be only their pockets dem dey fink of? Mtchewwwwwww......
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by vincencior(m): 8:18pm On Jan 07, 2014
Maybe you guys were feeling big during the interview & induction training considering you are a graduate.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
So sorry for the drivers that were laid off.
Last Bullet:
Life goes on. The future has better things to offer them.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Orikinla(m): 8:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
[size=18pt]Many Dangote truck drivers are Hausas who cannot read and write in English and don't know the road safety rules and regulations and you wonder how they got their Driver's Licence. By bribery?[/size]
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by mike404(m): 8:28pm On Jan 07, 2014
He further berated the set of people that heads the
transport sector at Obajana, who are all Northern
Hausa Muslims, for being overly incompetent and
corrupt.

He is still confused as he seems confused on what to
do next.
OK
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by mike404(m): 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2014
Orikinla: [size=18pt]Many Dangote truck drivers are Hausas who cannot read and write in English and don't know the road safety rules and regulations and you wonder how they got their Driver's Licence. By bribery?[/size]

YOU DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHT TO INSULT YOUR MASTERS IN A PUBLIC FORUM LIKE THIS angry
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by nairaarea: 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2014
XSORRY TO THOSE AFFECVTED.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by safarigirl(f): 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2014
Olojukokoro: Write an open letter to Aliko Dangote and share it on social media...fight,don't give up and name the corrupt officials..Goodluck
Dangote is on twitter @Alikodangote, aggrieved workers can take their fight there...there are many activists on twitter

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by alphaconde(m): 8:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
Before all this problems how much were u earning? How much did u save? Where's the money now?
If u can find it go and start a little business with it. Who knows tomorrow u may be another dangote sacking pple.

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by zubimete(f): 8:33pm On Jan 07, 2014
oo y now so sad and devasting. Job 4 naija no b beans dat kind tin 4 new yr tufiakwa. oo y now so sad and devasting. Job 4 naija no b beans dat kind tin 4 new yr tufiakwa.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by kwajahafiz(m): 8:33pm On Jan 07, 2014
if majority of his managers are northern Muslims, then its only a matter of time before his company starts crumbling.....
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 07, 2014
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by NeuroBoss(m): 8:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
The power to employ and sack makes a Capitalist.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Beennkumar(m): 8:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
Quite sad, but like someone had earlier stated, they should have known how many slots for the admin staff were available.

Anyway, moving on is the keyword here.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by galadee(m): 8:39pm On Jan 07, 2014
Capt. JH Miller:
[size=14pt]why did you have to end it it northern hausa muslims??

i mean what has that got to do with anything?? you want to thell me that out of all of you that were sacked no nothern hausa muslim??

After clearly telling you the reason, to secure a loan, you still had to bring that up.

blaming your short commings on someones tribe, jst pointing at someone else its all me do in this country[/size]

Don't mind the haggard, they must have find out that his 'St. Lious MBA' is fake
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
Orikinla: [size=18pt]Many Dangote truck drivers are Hausas who cannot read and write in English and don't know the road safety rules and regulations and you wonder how they got their Driver's Licence. By bribery?[/size]

Anybody can get a license in Nigeria including those that have never held a car steering wheel in their lives.
Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers by rozayx5(m): 8:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
they were made to believe that degrees will save them, but here they are being used and dumped, SMH for those that dont understand Bsc

nowadays is for knowledge no more for job.

If your an undergraduate my advice to you (unless your father or brother owns a conglomerate grin ) is you better learn one skill or another in

addition to your degree or get ready for the shock of your life when things dont go as expected after youth service.

lipsrsealed

Nowadays its all about value and connections, if you dont have any of the 2 then your nobody in Nigeria, you can get value through professional certifications and trainings, and you can get connections through friends and relatives

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kufre Nnah: Meet Millionaire Barber Who Came To Lagos With Only N5000 (Photos) / My Manager Sleeps With Our Female Colleague / VIRAL PICS of SA Doctor Looking Like a Thug - Union Defends Him