Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,553 members, 7,819,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak (4667 Views)

General Buhari Shares A First Shot With Prof.osinbajo His Running Mate. / BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? / 2015 Presidency: Jonathan Cautions Sambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by jethrodave(m): 10:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday declared that he had no intention of dropping his deputy, Namadi Sambo, for any reason, should he decide to run for president in 2015.

The president’s declaration may have come as a big relief to Sambo whose political base, Kaduna, has lately been hit by mass defection of members of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the opposition All Progressives Congress (APC).

Rattled by this development that appears to have decimated the PDP in Kaduna, Sambo has been shuttling between the nation’s capital and his home state to stave off further defections. This is even as speculations were rife over the weekend that close aides of Jonathan were already mulling options aimed at strengthening the PDP, not only in Kaduna but in the entire north.

A sister publication, LEADERSHIP Sunday, had exclusively reported yesterday that one of the options being explored was to enlist the support of two former governors who are now leading lights in the APC with the possibility of one of them running alongside the president as vice-presidential candidate.

But Jonathan, who spoke through his political adviser, Ahmed Ali Gulak, told LEADERSHIP last night that the gale of defections was not potent enough to adversely affect the PDP in Kaduna and Nigeria in general. running Besides, the presidential aide said, if Jonathan eventually made up his mind to run in 2015, he would do so with Sambo as his running mate.

He said: “I can tell you without mincing words that no serious-minded member of the PDP has defected from the PDP in Kaduna in particular and the nation in general.

“As vice-president of the country and having been elected on the platform of the PDP with the president who is the leader of the party, Sambo is the deputy leader of the PDP who enjoys the desired support of all members.

“That aside, the president and his vice are like 5 and 6 and nothing can separate them; if eventually Mr President listens to the clamour of Nigerians for him to again present himself in 2015, which I am sure he will, I can assure you that he would run with Sambo as his vice because there is no need for any change. This is more so that Sambo has the support of the entire north and the region is solidly behind him.”
Leadership

http://naijasharpnews.com/?p=1963
Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by psucc(m): 10:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
Flog me 99 I no d open that link

19 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by nsk1stson: 11:04pm On Jan 06, 2014
brb......make i check my MB
Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by jethrodave(m): 11:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
lol, guys that is funny
Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by kayslimshady(m): 1:02am On Jan 07, 2014
Lies
Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by experimentist: 5:23am On Jan 07, 2014
Nigga please! If I open that yeye link make I get K-leg cry

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by Ellidude(m): 6:15am On Jan 07, 2014
What is this one saying?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by OCTAVO: 7:22am On Jan 07, 2014
Lolz grin
Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by Pataki: 7:55am On Jan 07, 2014
So Afam you knew the right thing to do huh?

You had better start putting strong caution on your ibo brothers who continually come here to be preaching the divisive politics of religion to Yorubas.

We Yorubas are now way too intellectually advanced for that applesauce.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by ignis: 8:25am On Jan 07, 2014
Why not paste the News here?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 07, 2014
smh Some mental cases are beyond Psychiatrist hospital
Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by LadyH(f): 9:12am On Jan 07, 2014
hian! I sight one mumu up dia.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by Josab4life: 9:20am On Jan 07, 2014
If this nonsense makes it to front page I sign off and give up on nairaland. Seun, what is happening to all ur mod?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by iheanyi40(m): 9:24am On Jan 07, 2014
See hidden posts abeg grin
Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by Ellidude(m): 9:31am On Jan 07, 2014
jethrodave: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak Read Here: http://naijasharpnews.com/?p=1963
And this guy won't just edit this trash..
Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by Kono247: 9:46am On Jan 07, 2014
LENOVO IDEAPAD YOGA11s LAPTOP
Enjoy the Mobility of a Tablet and the functionality of a laptop when you buy the Lenovo Ideapad YOGA11s
click http://kono247.com/lenovo/laptops-16 to get one today at 10% discount price
Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by Kairoseki77: 10:21am On Jan 07, 2014
Pataki: So Afam you knew the right thing to do huh?

You had better start putting strong caution on your ibo brothers who continually come here to be preaching the divisive politics of religion to Yorubas.

Nairaland is now Igboland.

Run by Igbos, for Igbos. If you notice, Yorubas and other tribes RARELY post here nowadays.

Seun has ruined this website. Time for a new alternative for Nigerians.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by Ellidude(m): 10:25am On Jan 07, 2014
Kairoseki77:

Nairaland is now Igboland.

Run by Igbos, for Igbos. If you notice, Yorubas and other tribes RARELY post here nowadays.

Seun has ruined this website. Time for a new alternative for Nigerians.
I thought as much..But Seun did nothing..

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by nairaman66(m): 10:41am On Jan 07, 2014
link ke, page ni.. Tell us here with pics.. Or it never happened!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 07, 2014
Pictures or it didn't happen.

From emmy-richie via nokia 3310
Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by Sheenor: 11:13am On Jan 07, 2014
Josab4life: If this nonsense makes it to front page I sign off and give up on nairaland. Seun, what is happening to all ur mod?

Make i hear say e go make front page.....if e happn even by mistake na shootin tins be dat oo.....nairaland mod go collect be dat oh....
Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by ginezz: 11:16am On Jan 07, 2014
That is expected.

Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by jude33084(m): 11:36am On Jan 07, 2014
Pataki: So Afam you knew the right thing to do huh?

Which of the Yorubas saw a toy plane and cried alien ships?

Or the ones that saw octopus and called it a half human creature? undecided

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by Mrhod: 11:57am On Jan 07, 2014
who send me cum here, d greatest mistake i av made dis yr.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by Mrhod: 11:58am On Jan 07, 2014
who send me cum here, d greatest mistake i av made dis yr. i refuse to make anoda 1
Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by akpan123(m): 12:15pm On Jan 07, 2014
l thought it was stellah oduah as running mate
Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak by citizenY(m): 12:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
Very poor choice,... where is Maku?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari The Yes-man / PHOTOS: Meet Chimamanda Adichie's Handsome Brother / Lagos Female Politician Muniratu Adedoyin Caught Doing Human Ritual- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.