Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,408 members, 7,826,579 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti (957 Views)

Nigerian Police Sabotage Hausa's In Ekiti To Burn Ado-ekiti Main Market / Strange Objects Found In Goat Slaughtered For Burial In Ekiti / Female Sex Worker, Two Men Burnt To Death In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 5:46am On Jan 07, 2014
[b]ADO EKITI — There was pandemonium at Ise Ekiti in Ise Orun Local Government Area of Ekiti State, yesterday, when a trader whose name was given simply as Austin shot his landlord’s daughter to death.

Reason for Austin’s action was not immediately known, but Vanguard gathered that he shot the girl after a minor augment.

Immediately the girl was shot, according to reports, Austin, who is from one of the eastern states, made a futile bid to escape but was caught by the mob.

Vanguard gathered that the killer was set ablaze at a motor park.

The Divisional Police Officer, DPO, of Ise police station was hit on the head for attempting to rescue Austin just before he was lynched.

Austin, said to be in his late 30s and a trader, reportedly shot the girl in front of her father’s house at Iro Oraye area of the town.

Before Austin finally met his waterloo, he was reportedly taken to the palace of the monarch of Ise Ekiti, Oba Adetunji Ajayi possibly to save his life, but the mob overpowered the palace guards, took him to the town’s main motor park where he was burnt.

The remains of the slain girl and that of her alleged murderer, already burnt beyond recognition, have been deposited at a mortuary in the town by the police, while the injured DPO has been hospitalised.

The Police Public Relations Officer of the state command, Mr Victor Babayemi said he was yet to be briefed on the matter.[/b]

Share Print Email
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/mob-kills-man-shooting-landlords-daughter-death/#sthash.3y7WH8If.dpuf
Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 5:50am On Jan 07, 2014
Talk of Kill by the Sword Die by the Sword only he died yelling in a blaze of fire

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 5:50am On Jan 07, 2014
Nonsense.
Who do you expect would believe this half-cooked story?
Give us the details as to what happened and why the man had to shoot the girl.
Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 5:59am On Jan 07, 2014
Do you have to BEAT a woman/girl talk less of SHOOTING TO KILL?

Vessi: Nonsense.
Who do you expect would believe this half-cooked story?
Give us the details as to what happened and why the man had to shoot the girl.
Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by PrettyPrisca(f): 6:01am On Jan 07, 2014
Ur headline is biased....look @ d topic one would think ur igbo guy is innocent!pls let's stop being tribalistic!.........he paid for his sins!
Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:09am On Jan 07, 2014
smartchoice: Do you have to BEAT a woman/girl talk less of SHOOTING TO KILL?

Answer my question or you go back to bed.
Why did the man shoot the girl?
Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:09am On Jan 07, 2014
Pretty Prisca: Ur headline is biased....look @ d topic one would think ur igbo guy is innocent!pls let's stop being tribalistic!.........he paid for his sins!
The OP's aim was to cause ethnic war on the thread.
Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 07, 2014
That's not my biz or else all women would've become endangered species!

Vessi:
Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:20am On Jan 07, 2014
Nope, my aim is to bring attention to justice being swiftly done....and not to make frontpage!

Vessi:
The OP's aim was to cause ethnic war on the thread.
Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by rmaubsiau(m): 6:33am On Jan 07, 2014
one word for this thread - BOGUS
Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by joromi: 6:37am On Jan 07, 2014
Vessi:

I swear... Your IQ is very low...
Is there any justifiable reason for shooting that girl angry

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by DesChyko1(m): 6:43am On Jan 07, 2014
@OP.. Please edit the topic. It's quite accusing.. By the way, the people involved in the lynching should pay for their ignorance of the law. Let them go unscathed with this and jungle justice will return gradually. Civilization has come to stay.
Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 07, 2014
Topic edited....but in a closely knitted communal environment as Ise Ekiti you can't do such n expect to go scot free!

♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
@OP.. Please edit the topic. It's quite accusing.. By the way, the people involved in the lynching should pay for their ignorance of the law. Let them go unscathed with this and jungle justice will return gradually. Civilization has come to stay.
Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by lagcity(m): 7:00am On Jan 07, 2014
He was probably an armed robber, hence his ownership of a gun. R.I.H. Roast in Hell.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 07, 2014
like that R I H
Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 07, 2014
seconded!
joromi:

Is their any justifiable reason for shooting that girl angry
Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by geeez: 8:27am On Jan 07, 2014
He deserved to die

Maybe not in the hands of the mob

How can a grown man shoot a defenseless girl?

This is the height of cowardice

Besides where on earth did he get the gun from?

Perhaps he's one of the numerous robbers who pretend to be traders and claim to be successful
Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 07, 2014
joromi:

Is there any justifiable reason for shooting that girl angry
I am not trying to justify the man's actions.
If that was what you deducted from my post then I'm sorry to let you know your IQ is actually lower than that of a goat's.
I am just interested in knowing why the man shot the young lady.
If you are satisfied with half-investigated crime, I'm not.
Peace#

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 07, 2014
smartchoice: That's not my biz or else all women would've become endangered species!

I'm not tryna justify the man's actions.
I am trying to know the news in details.
The full news.
Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 07, 2014
Illiteracy reeks from the comments of y'all.
Already condemning the man without knowing the full details of the news.
Jumping into conclusion without understanding the real deal is a result carelessness, ignorance, timidity and illiteracy.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 07, 2014
you're a mo.ron

Vessi: Illiteracy reeks from the comments of y'all.
Already condemning the man without knowing the full details of the news.
Jumping into conclusion without understanding the real deal is a result carelessness, ignorance, timidity and illiteracy.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 07, 2014
smartchoice: you're a mo.ron

You are the biggest one on earth.
Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 08, 2014
Pretty Prisca: Ur headline is biased....look @ d topic one would think ur igbo guy is innocent!pls let's stop being tribalistic!.........he paid for his sins!
smartchoice: Nope, my aim is to bring attention to justice being swiftly done....and not to make frontpage!

geeez: He deserved to die

Maybe not in the hands of the mob

How can a grown man shoot a defenseless girl?

This is the height of cowardice

Besides where on earth did he get the gun from?

Perhaps he's one of the numerous robbers who pretend to be traders and claim to be successful [/b]
Two wrongs don't make a right, the judicial system wasn't set up for nothing you know. undecided
Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 4:12am On Jan 08, 2014
does that system work?

Buzzonix: Two wrongs don't make a right, the judicial system wasn't set up for nothing you know. undecided
Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 08, 2014
smartchoice: does that system work?

It might be corrupted and sluggish, but yes it does work. That shouldn't be an excuse for barbarism.
Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 5:57am On Jan 09, 2014
make the system responsive! I have no time for courts of law/lawyers! angry cool

Buzzonix:
It might be corrupted and sluggish, but yes it does work. That shouldn't be an excuse for barbarism.
Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
smartchoice: make the system responsive! I have no time for courts of law/lawyers! angry cool

Buzzonix:
Re: Igbo Man Burnt to Death For Murder In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 10, 2014
No time...just for me to read what the law says and apply it tidily...no police/lawyers or Judges!

(1) (Reply)

Between King Solomon And Bill Gate Who Do You Consider As The Wealthiest man ? / Life's Great Mysteries... / Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) President Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.