Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,774 members, 7,820,710 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? (56507 Views)

Photo: Chimamanda adichie With Her Handsome Husband / Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview / Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 07, 2014
Even when I used to carry this kinda hairstyle in primary school, I was not happy Now a beautiful grown woman like her wants to carry this kinda hairstyle. ......

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by foe1: 9:22pm On Jan 07, 2014
Tolexander: Shey this one na hairstyle or barb wire?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by foe1: 9:23pm On Jan 07, 2014
Tolexander: Shey this one na hairstyle or barb wire?
. No na electric wire
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by beryl04(m): 9:39pm On Jan 07, 2014
So retro - I like it.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by emmyoha87(m): 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
ireneony: seriously guys, brain or no brain, she is ugly ,on top she carry lakelake hair join.
I know you've expressed your opinion which you're entitled to, but if something good stares you in the eyez you won't recognize it, that's my own opinion.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 07, 2014
She looks beautiful. Brave woman.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by amazing2013: 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2014
I love it!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by niyitogun(m): 10:10pm On Jan 07, 2014
I love it! Very African and original.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by callmenow: 10:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
What was the occasion for her BBC Interview? I have just discovered that it was on the fact that Nigeria is the strongest member of MINT(Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria and Turkey), which are going to maintain the strongest growth in the next decade. And all the @OP could talk about is Ms Adichie's hair. I despair for Nigeria and Nigerians. Congrats Jonathan for making Nigeria the growth capital of the globe. Forget the haters who will surely join the moving train very soon. Something about the MODS....
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by mamagee3(f): 11:20pm On Jan 07, 2014
She looks nice!!!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by valdprof: 11:22pm On Jan 07, 2014
Donmichaelz: the only thing she has is brain for literature aside dat she has nothing,no Yansh,breast mstww ,by the way is dat not mr james and his FLAT MATE? smiley
wen she dies , the world would always remember her
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by valdprof: 11:23pm On Jan 07, 2014
Donmichaelz: the only thing she has is brain for literature aside dat she has nothing,no Yansh,breast mstww ,by the way is dat not mr james and his FLAT MATE? smiley
wen she dies , the world would always remember her
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by valdprof: 11:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
[quote author=ireneony]seriously guys, brain or no brain, she is ugly ,on top she carry
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 08, 2014
I love how everyone fancies the mgbeke hairstyle because it's Chimamanda Adichie wearing it. grin grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by alivetofuckonly(m): 12:10am On Jan 08, 2014
Nice hairstyle. I like it. Purely african. I like noisy hairstyles that makes you easily noticed.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 08, 2014
I dislike it because it makes her looks like a village girl!

Thank you.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Arialbold: 12:45am On Jan 08, 2014
I love it!! This woman amazes me everyday!! kiss kiss
Natural hair is gaining popularity among black women today because a few women decided to do it and be ridiculed for it. We need the few brave ones to start out the trend. then eventually, others will join the band wagon and it will no longer look odd.

well, we won't be seeing Chimamanda in brazillian weaves anytime soon grin

[img]http://2.bp..com/--dC2fXoIQ4c/UmpZGopVd_I/AAAAAAAAE0E/nhGXKmlrfsU/s1600/BFI-London-Film-Festival-Premiere-of-Half-of-a-Yellow-Sun-October-2013-BellaNaija020-400x600.jpg[/img] [img]http://1.bp..com/-JND4ymCmVWc/UZvLeMOHHhI/AAAAAAAAU7w/owKm6uDYqCk/s1600/chimanda+adichie.jpg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 12:54am On Jan 08, 2014
Arial.bold:
I love it!! This woman amazes me everyday!! kiss kiss
Natural hair is gaining popularity among black women today because a few women decided to do it and be ridiculed for it. We need the few brave ones to start out the trend. then eventually, others will join the band wagon and it will no longer look odd.

well, we won't be seeing Chimamanda in brazillian weaves anytime soon grin

[img]http://2.bp..com/--dC2fXoIQ4c/UmpZGopVd_I/AAAAAAAAE0E/nhGXKmlrfsU/s1600/BFI-London-Film-Festival-Premiere-of-Half-of-a-Yellow-Sun-October-2013-BellaNaija020-400x600.jpg[/img]
Natural talk my bottom. She weaves her hair with artificial thread, put on shoes and wears probably European designer. Natural talk shows how backward many people are and their mentality. You should have a time with naturalists to understand what to be natural means. Being natural indeed!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Arialbold: 1:00am On Jan 08, 2014
^ hater cool cool this woman ain't playing. Too fierce for words!!!
I persoally prerfer threading to brazillian weaves. Men are typically hypocrites. at the end of the day all they want is to ruin women's self esteem. They are mad that women are going natural and gaining confidence in their own hair.
[img]http://ionenewsone.files./2013/04/ngozi-cropped.jpg[/img]

“It’s only Black women for whom an entire industry exists, which is geared toward specifically making sure that the hair that grows on their head looks different,” she said. “I want natural black hair to be an equally valid option, not something interesting, not something you do when you’re a jazz musician, but something you can do when you’re a lawyer in a fancy firm in New York City or if you’re a politician in Abuja,” Nigeria’s capital.

That, however, still remains a challenge. Adichie acknowledged it herself by pausing, and then adding: “My mother doesn’t like my hair like that. She is still praying.”
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 08, 2014
^^Abegi, too much story. Whatever happened to simple twist outs, bantu knot-outs, wash and go's or something more presentable? Which kain "Simbi goes to school" hairstyle she dey put on sef? Like say na only her get natural hair. undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Arialbold: 1:13am On Jan 08, 2014
ItsModella1: ^^Abegi, too much story. Whatever happened to simple twist outs, bantu knot-outs, wash and go's or something more presentable? Which kain "Simbi goes to school" hairstyle she dey put on sef? Like say na only her get natural hair. undecided

let her do her. bantu knots look more ridiculous to me actually. yet it's popular.
I will do threading before I put bantu knots in my hair. Yet I will never knock down anyone who wears bantu knot. They are brave for doing so and I applaud them.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 1:14am On Jan 08, 2014
Arial.bold:

let her do her. bantu knots look more ridiculous actually. yet it's popular.
I said Bantu knot outs, not bantu knots....major difference.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Arialbold: 1:18am On Jan 08, 2014
ItsModella1:
I said Bantu knot outs, not bantu knots....major difference.

ok good for you. Like I said, I won't knock on people who wear bantu knots either.

10 yrs ago, even the sight of 4b natural hair in any form would be ridiculed (whether it is bantu knot out or twist out or whatever). we have come a long way and we need to continue going forward.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 1:20am On Jan 08, 2014
Chi I love ur hairstyle infact 3 gbosa for hairstylist..... u are so beautiful as ur books are so interesting!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Xyge(m): 2:01am On Jan 08, 2014
Tolexander: what is difference between isi owu and isi ewu?
Decipher that now..! It's obvious. The 'o' alphabet that starts her spelling of 'ewu' and the 'e' that starts yours (which obviously is the correct spelling)..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Xyge(m): 2:12am On Jan 08, 2014
Clemzy16: Nobody cares!
I do care, dude..! 'cause i love her works, i love her eyes, i love her..... So do urself the favor of speaking for urself...
Peace.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by OgidiBoy(m): 2:34am On Jan 08, 2014
This lady is so classy and brainy every man's dream for a wife.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 3:36am On Jan 08, 2014
Personally, I would have liked to see her glam up that look a little bit more. Much bigger earrings and brighter eyes would add some oomph to this style.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 3:39am On Jan 08, 2014
OgidiBoy: This lady is so classy and brainy every man's dream for a wife.
How do you know she is every man's dream of a wife? Dude, step aside and let me comment! I agree she is intelligent but she is not every man's dream of a wife.

Thank you.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by ichommy(m): 4:05am On Jan 08, 2014
Muah, Me like?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 4:29am On Jan 08, 2014
I love how Nairaland is trying to place this woman on the same level as Tonto Dike.

Check out Chimamanda's hairstyle my nyash.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by OgidiBoy(m): 4:42am On Jan 08, 2014
all4naija:
How do you know she is every man's dream of a wife? Dude, step aside and let me comment! I agree she is intelligent but she is not every man's dream of a wife.
Thank you.

Misspoke no need for the ranting before you get a raptured aneurysm because of NL. The stage is all yours ok bro.

Thank you too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama / The Devil Who Loved Me (true Life Story) / Revived

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.